Top 100 .45 Gun Quotes

#1. I'd been beguiled by the new technology - a toddler crawling toward a gun.

Jon Ronson

.45 Gun Quotes #828
#2. There is a general kind of praying which fails for lack of precision. It is as if a regiment of soldiers should all fire off their guns anywhere. Possibly somebody would be killed, but the majority of the enemy would be missed.

Charles Spurgeon

.45 Gun Quotes #1472
#3. Everyone has a right to bear arms. If you take guns away from legal gun owners, then the only people who have guns are the bad guys.

Bruce Willis

.45 Gun Quotes #1706
#4. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another - their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun.

Ayn Rand

.45 Gun Quotes #2353
#5. "Gun Control" isn't about guns. It's about control. If guns are outlawed, how can we shoot the liberals?

Mike Gunn

.45 Gun Quotes #3601
#6. The evil queen was stupid to play Snow White's game. There's an age where a woman has to move on to another kind of power. Money, for example. Or a gun.

Chuck Palahniuk

.45 Gun Quotes #4128
#7. He wasn't anti-gun really - he just wasn't pro-being-shot-at.

Adam P. Knave

.45 Gun Quotes #4151
#8. Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!

Clint Smith

.45 Gun Quotes #4524
#9. Are gun rights advocates arguing that roving gangs ... shooting innocent bystanders constitutes a 'well-regulated militia'?

Bill Hicks

.45 Gun Quotes #5026
#10. Are you going to shoot me?' Vengeous sneered. 'I wouldn't be surprised. What would a thing like you know about honor? Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight.'
And only a moron would bring a sword to a gunfight.

Derek Landy

.45 Gun Quotes #6583
#11. In the dark morning silence, I placed a gun to her head. She wore red dresses, but now she lay dead.

Dwight Yoakam

.45 Gun Quotes #7478
#12. Together we could be so strong, but the gun has made us individuals.

Marieke Nijkamp

.45 Gun Quotes #8301
#13. The doubts ached in my bones like the deadening crawl of an icy night, and my gun trembled from my unsteady arm.

Katherine McIntyre

.45 Gun Quotes #8382
#14. It ain't gun control we need; it's sin control.

Si Robertson

.45 Gun Quotes #9283
#15. Damn, I thought everyone carried a gun in New Jersey!!!

Janet Evanovich

.45 Gun Quotes #9326
#16. Ironclads and Maxim guns must be the ultimate arbiters of metaphysical truth.

Bertrand Russell

.45 Gun Quotes #9503
#17. Why don't you pass the gun around and give everyone a shot.

Alice Cooper

.45 Gun Quotes #9660
#18. The interesting thing about staring down a gun barrel is how small the hole is where the bullet comes out, yet what a big difference it would make in your social schedule.

P. J. O'Rourke

.45 Gun Quotes #10030
#19. If we put a gun to her head she would sing all day. Try it first with a bird, General Benjamin said gently to Alfredo. Like our soprano, they have no capacity to understand authority. The bird doesn't know enough to be afraid and the person holding the gun will only end up looking like a lunatic.

Ann Patchett

.45 Gun Quotes #10118
#20. Delay is a gun pointed at the temple of confidence.

Augusten Burroughs

.45 Gun Quotes #10154
#21. I found that I was getting a warm reception for my message of freeing you from the income tax, releasing you from Social Security, ending the insane war on drugs, restoring gun rights, and reducing the federal government to just its constitutional functions.

Harry Browne

.45 Gun Quotes #10414
#22. The National Rifle Association says, 'Guns don't kill people. People do'. But I think the gun helps.

Eddie Izzard

.45 Gun Quotes #10542
#23. Recently a guy was having trouble with his computer. So he unplugs it, takes it out in the alley, pulls out a gun, and shoots it eight times. Coincidentally, that's how Hillary got rid of her emails.

David Letterman

.45 Gun Quotes #11149
#24. Today I am a lens, a pen, a gun.

Caroline Bock

.45 Gun Quotes #11234
#25. I've never seen 'The Goonies.' I've never seen 'Indiana Jones.' I watched 'UHF' over and over again when I was little, and that was it. I had no time for any other movies. I watched 'Naked Gun,' 'UHF,' and 'Airplane!' over and over.

Eric Andre

.45 Gun Quotes #11555
#26. Why does a tragedy like 9/11 change everything about air travel, but numerous gun massacres CHANGE NOTHING?

Justine Bateman

.45 Gun Quotes #11959
#27. The right is absolute ... government has no authority to forbid me from owning a firearm ... the debate is not about guns. It is about freedom.

Tom McClintock

.45 Gun Quotes #12150
#28. I was something of a prankster. One time I put a ski mask on my head and used a fake gun on the school secretary so that I could get some of my friends out of detention.

Luke Perry

.45 Gun Quotes #12177
#29. Not that I've noticed." She looked down at my gun. "What a nice Glock. My sister carries a Glock, and she just loves it. I was thinking about trading in my .45, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. My dead husband gave it to me for our first anniversary. Rest his soul.

Janet Evanovich

.45 Gun Quotes #12224
#30. Let's go get the slug gun and shoot some cats

Louis Nowra

.45 Gun Quotes #13459
#31. The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights.

Gene Hoffman

.45 Gun Quotes #13745
#32. You don't need a weapon to protect yourself.

Bill Maher

.45 Gun Quotes #17639
#33. I think of all the guys that strap a gun on their backs and head to Afghanistan and Iraq to keep us free and safe and maintain what America has stood for.

Foster Friess

.45 Gun Quotes #18993
#34. According to Herodotus, the ancient Persians felt that what was necessary in the background of a young man entering adulthood was his ability to ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth. Perhaps we should now grant our college degrees to young men who measure up to that standard.

Jeff Cooper

.45 Gun Quotes #18997
#35. We have all read tragic stories in our local papers about gun accidents as a result of misuse. As lawmakers we can better promote safety and responsibility by encouraging gun owners to purchase gun safes to store firearms and keep them from falling into the wrong hands.

Ron Lewis

.45 Gun Quotes #19054
#36. Deny a young boy the right to have a toy gun and you will suppress his destructive urges, and he will turn out to be a homosexual - or worse!

Germaine Greer

.45 Gun Quotes #19367
#37. My gun trainer on the first 'G.I. Joe' gave me about a week of commando training, so I got to shoot every single machine gun and hand gun there was.

Ray Park

.45 Gun Quotes #19564
#38. Strict gun laws are about as effective as strict drug laws ... It pains me to say this, but the NRA seems to be right: The cities and states that have the toughest gun laws have the most murder and mayhem.

Mike Royko

.45 Gun Quotes #19820
#39. Sarah Palin is a figure of fun on the American left, easily lampooned as a know-nothing, gun-toting ex-beauty queen who loves God and the red, white and blue above pretty much anything else except for Todd, her macho husband, who races snowmobiles across the Alaskan tundra.

Jay Parini

.45 Gun Quotes #20070
#40. In the wasteland of metro Boston, at thirteen, fourteen, his big dream had been of a gun to his own head, putting him out of his misery - a misery that by sophomore year of college was indistinguishable from everybody else's.

Garth Risk Hallberg

.45 Gun Quotes #20684
#41. The handgun would not be my choice of weapon if I knew I was going to a fight ... I'd choose a rifle, a shotgun, an RPG or an atomic bomb instead.

Clint Smith

.45 Gun Quotes #21974
#42. Brooke?" he finally found the sense to ask. "What are you doing here?"
"I need a gun."
This was not how his dream was supposed to go.

Shannon K. Butcher

.45 Gun Quotes #24025
#43. But he has guns, Rikki," she reminded herself aloud. "A dog wouldn't have a gun.

Christine Feehan

.45 Gun Quotes #24126
#44. When the plot flags, bring in a man with a gun.

Raymond Chandler

.45 Gun Quotes #24557
#45. Thin Burning Light Gun
If the car found life, it could try to use this gun to learn about it, but the life might not be alive when it was done.

Randall Munroe

.45 Gun Quotes #24740
#46. I didn't know what was going on, didn't understand a bit of it, didn't like any of it. Maybe that's why the first thing I packed was my guns. If your brain won't work, wave a gun around. Sometimes that helps.

James Crumley

.45 Gun Quotes #26766
#47. Oh God, that hurts," she whimpered.
"What hurts?" Kye asked, sounding concerned.
"The invisible man pounding spikes into my head."
"That doesn't sound good. Maybe you should take out an invisible Taser gun and zap the son of a bitch.

Julie James

.45 Gun Quotes #27804
#48. The screen blanked, then produced a book cover. The jacket image - in black-and-white - showed barking dogs surrounding a scarecrow. In the background, shoulders slumped in a posture of weariness or defeat (or both), was a hunter with a gun. The eponymous Cortland, probably.

Stephen King

.45 Gun Quotes #29431
#49. My kingdom for a gun. (Geary)
You don't have a kingdom. (Brian)
And I don't have a gun- looks like I'm shit out of luck all the way around, huh? (Geary)

Sherrilyn Kenyon

.45 Gun Quotes #29752
#50. But I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets of our cities.

Antonin Scalia

.45 Gun Quotes #30358
#51. The answer to crime is not gun control, it is law enforcement and self-control.

Alan Keyes

.45 Gun Quotes #30689
#52. The fox who end up living the life they expected are more often than not end up taking sleeping pills or taking the barrel of a gun and pulling the trigger.

Stephen King

.45 Gun Quotes #30867
#53. It takes a good guy with a gun, to stop a bad guy with a gun (unless the bad guy's a much better shot).

Quentin R. Bufogle

.45 Gun Quotes #30869
#54. A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms.

Richard Henry Lee

.45 Gun Quotes #30933
#55. Happiness is a warm gun.

John Lennon

.45 Gun Quotes #30981
#56. If I had a gun to my head and I had to choose between theater and film I'd choose theater.

Ralph Fiennes

.45 Gun Quotes #32867
#57. The ice cold fear I'd felt, not knowing if Wyatt was alive, pressed into the wall with other girls and surrounded by guys who were unspeakably brave, hit my body again in a wave. This was trauma - the gift that keeps on giving.

Laura Anderson Kurk

.45 Gun Quotes #33288
#58. The sling is to a rifle what the holster is to a pistol. If you have a sling, chances are you will keep the rifle with you. If there is no sling present, you will set the rifle down. When you are at the absolutely farthest point away from the rifle that you can possibly get, you'll need it.

Clint Smith

.45 Gun Quotes #33681
#59. I hate your reasons. I don't want reasons. If you see somebody in pain, people like you reason and reason. You say - pain is a good thing, perhaps he'll be better for it one day. I want to let my heart speak ... Yes. At the end of a gun.

Graham Greene

.45 Gun Quotes #33770
#60. A militia law, requiring all men, or with very few exceptions besides cases of conscience, to be provided with arms and ammunition ... is always a wise institution, and, in the present circumstances of our country, indispensable.

John Adams

.45 Gun Quotes #34349
#61. If the NRA keeps messing with the President's daughters, they're going to have to start worrying about Michelle Obama's guns.

Bill Maher

.45 Gun Quotes #34604
#62. America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud.

George W. Bush

.45 Gun Quotes #34768
#63. One of my favorites of all time was with Jim Jarmusch, called 'Dead Man.' I was in that with Johnny Depp. I ride really well, and I shoot a gun really well. I love the genre. Once I did Westerns, I was hooked.

Lance Henriksen

.45 Gun Quotes #34949
#64. The girls looked good from a distance, the sun shining through their dresses, their hair. But get up close and listen to their minds running out of their mouths, you felt like digging in under a hill and hiding out with a tommy-gun.

Charles Bukowski

.45 Gun Quotes #35503
#65. Man may escape from rope and gun; Nay, some have outlived the doctor's pill: Who takes a woman must be undone, That basilisk is sure to kill. The fly that sips treacle is lost in the sweets, So he that tastes woman, woman, woman, He that tastes woman, ruin meets.

John Gay

.45 Gun Quotes #35710
#66. There is such a thing as commonsense middle-ground gun reform, and most gun owners support it.

Mike Quigley

.45 Gun Quotes #36678
#67. To me, the excitement is in ordering a fine shotgun, going through the process that everybody who has bought one has gone through for 100 years. You order it, you make a significant down payment, and then you wait three or four years for the gun to be custom-made for you.

Tom Selleck

.45 Gun Quotes #36864
#68. Look guys, I am your worst nightmare. I'm a woman with a badge, a gun, and PMS. Are you really sure you want to piss me off any more tonight?

K.V. McMillan

.45 Gun Quotes #39474
#69. To accept the principal that "all power proceeds from the barrel of a gun" is to accept a society which will be dominated by those with the biggest guns.

Tommy Douglas

.45 Gun Quotes #39633
#70. This is the sheriff you're talking about, with a gun and badge that enforces the law. Nothing is going to stop me from cracking down on illegal immigration as long as the laws are there.

Joe Arpaio

.45 Gun Quotes #39637
#71. You don't go out and kick a mad dog. If you have a mad dog with rabies, you
take a gun and shoot him.

Pat Robertson

.45 Gun Quotes #39972
#72. Gun producer and the killer is the same thing! Be ethical, stop producing guns! Be human, for God's sake, for there shall never be peace of mind for the wicked!

Mehmet Murat Ildan

.45 Gun Quotes #40394
#73. I glanced at Badly Drawn Jesus, then pulled the gun from my pocket. On Judgment Day, I'd be able to proudly state that when I thought the hordes of Hell were coming for a local girl, I stood ready to shoot at them with a small-caliber pistol.

David Wong

.45 Gun Quotes #42619
#74. Most of all, I love Manchester. The crumbling warehouses, the railway arches, the cheap abundant drugs. That's what did it in the end. Not the money, not the music, not even the guns. That is my heroic flaw: my excess of civic pride.

Tony Wilson

.45 Gun Quotes #43038
#75. I haven't pursued it as a senator because I know it's like spitting in the wind. But I still believe it's the right thing. And if I were governor and a bill came to my desk that provided for background checks at gun shows, I would sign that.

Wendy Davis

.45 Gun Quotes #44523
#76. The American Gun movement is actually very easy to understand. All of them, little boys with self esteem issues, exacerbated by an ever-present gun/phallic relation disorder. Apparently big guns fit well in small hands.

T. Rafael Cimino

.45 Gun Quotes #44620
#77. Don't condemn the gangbangers, they've got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don't have sensible gun legislation.

Sheila Jackson Lee

.45 Gun Quotes #44969
#78. A book is a loaded gun.

Ray Bradbury

.45 Gun Quotes #45067
#79. Try driving the streets of Los Angeles without seeing a billboard depicting a film with a lead actor holding a gun. It's almost as if guns are harmless props used to bring out the cheekbones and jawline of the screen star.

Henry Rollins

.45 Gun Quotes #45250
#80. Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage!

L. Neil Smith

.45 Gun Quotes #45822
#81. Are you kin to the Gallaghers or the Brennans?" Jill asked.
"Hell, no! If I was, I'd shoot myself in the head with this gun.

Carolyn Brown

.45 Gun Quotes #46416
#82. Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws.

Michael Badnarik

.45 Gun Quotes #47743
#83. Candy nodded absently.
"Okay," she said. "What shall I wear?"
"A gun," I said.

Robert B. Parker

.45 Gun Quotes #48763
#84. My ultimate fantasy is to entice a man to my bedroom, put a gun to his head and say, 'Make babies or die'.

Ruby Wax

.45 Gun Quotes #48965
#85. I, to this day, hold to only one truth: if a man chooses to carry a gun he will get shot. My father agreed to carry twelve.

Robert Lautner

.45 Gun Quotes #49780
#86. O that we would so love the gospel and have so much compassion for lost people that tribulation and distress and persecution and famine and nakedness and danger and sword and gun and terrorist would turn us not into fearful complainers, but bold heralds of good news.

John Piper

.45 Gun Quotes #49938
#87. Oh the wonders of being married. Put a gun in one hand and a woman in the other, I'm never sure who's going to kill me first.

Michael W. Grimard

.45 Gun Quotes #50087
#88. I did 50 takes on Robert Shaw assembling the Greener Gun on 'Jaws.' The shark wasn't working, so I just kept shooting to make the production report look like we were accomplishing something and to keep cast and crew from going crazy from boredom. It was a strategic indulgence.

Steven Spielberg

.45 Gun Quotes #50802
#89. Certainly we have to find some kind of warning to put on guns for sale. And that's not too far-fetched. But what I really want to do is take the guns out of the hands of irresponsible people.

Joycelyn Elders

.45 Gun Quotes #51187
#90. You can't mine coal without machine guns.

Richard B. Mellon

.45 Gun Quotes #51304
#91. I want no part of peace with savages who throw acid on and gun down young girls going to school. I would prefer to crush them and kill them wherever they exist. That's not being a warmonger. It's being a realist.

Allen West

.45 Gun Quotes #52090
#92. I have Glocks, .45s, Berettas, Remingtons. I like the marksmanship and the discipline that it takes to be a gun owner. I like the machinery. Being able to take it out and clean it is even more fascinating than having the gun.

Bernie Mac

.45 Gun Quotes #52899
#93. In "Superbad," I carry a gun, but I didn't get to shoot it that much.

Seth Rogen

.45 Gun Quotes #53762
#94. Banning guns is like banning forks in an attempt to stop making people fat.

Vince Vaughn

.45 Gun Quotes #53877
#95. I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold.

Clifton B. Cates

.45 Gun Quotes #55159
#96. The colder the weather, the bigger the gun
Got to rock a lot of clothes if you tryina hide one
In June it's .22's, February it's fifths
But all year round, it's 616.

Willie The Kid

.45 Gun Quotes #55969
#97. Ulysses'. No one reads him anymore. No one reads anything anymore. They think Browning is a gun.

Richard Flanagan

.45 Gun Quotes #56616
#98. The more I hear of ban-the-gun legislation forming in Washington, and the more I hear it advocated from the editorial pulpit of the New York Times, the more I want my own .45 holstered within easy reach of this typewriter.

Patrick Bedard

.45 Gun Quotes #365878
#99. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

Clint Smith

.45 Gun Quotes #1240293
#100. Don't be stupid. I have a gun." He reached into his pocket and pulled out the .45. "Which will knock you on your ass if you try firing with a bad leg. Sit down before you fall.

Kelley Armstrong

.45 Gun Quotes #1814003

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top