Top 80 9 To 5 Job Quotes

#1. There is no schedule in the film industry. It's not like you have a 9 to 5 job every day.

Jodelle Ferland

9 To 5 Job Quotes #9827
#2. There's no way that I could do a 9 to 5 job. There's no way. I was not cut out for that. You come in and you work for three months on the one job. They say, 'Great,' you know, and you're on to the next one - and you never even got fired. It's wonderful.

Dennis Quaid

9 To 5 Job Quotes #496
#3. The longer and longer I played in the NFL, I kind of said, 'Well, I'm not going to go out and get a 9 to 5 job at any point soon, so what can I do?' So I started hosting radio and TV shows while I was still playing.

Matt Willig

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1863025
#4. My parents loved me, and I think they realized that I was probably not going to have a normal 9-to-5 job. For the longest time, my dad thought that I was just going to be home until I was, like, 35, which, weirdly, is completely normal in Asian families.

Jason Wu

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1448831
#5. At times I ask myself if I shouldn't be living a more regular, stable life with a 9-to-5 job. Then I think about it and realise that there is no point in planning everything.

Meredith Ostrom

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1313506
#6. My hacking was all about becoming the best at circumventing security. So when I was a fugitive, I worked systems administrator jobs to make money. I wasn't stealing money or using other people's credit cards. I was doing a 9-to-5 job.

Kevin Mitnick

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1247742
#7. There's nothing wrong with having a 9-to-5 job, but figure out a way to have another stream of income.

Michelle Singletary

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1152851
#8. I'm a hard-working girl. I go to the office. I work a normal 9 to 5 job most days.

Petra Stunt

9 To 5 Job Quotes #660771
#9. I let the song come to me. Then that thing comes to you, and you just know what that thing is. Music isn't like a 9-to-5 job. You never know. It's just the most unpredictable thing.

Benny Blanco

9 To 5 Job Quotes #597053
#10. The NGO-ization of politics threatens to turn resistance into a well-mannered, reasonable, salaried, 9-to-5 job. With a few perks thrown in. Real resistance has real consequences. And no salary.

Arundhati Roy

9 To 5 Job Quotes #522339
#11. You never know why or when the next job is coming. I actually like that. It's kind of exciting. I don't punch in. I don't have a 9 to 5 job. When you do work you're lucky enough to go to interesting places and meet mostly interesting and talented people, so it's really a great job if you can work.

Michael Vartan

9 To 5 Job Quotes #258797
#12. I don't really plan on working a 9-to-5 job. I want to own my own business.

Seimone Augustus

9 To 5 Job Quotes #122191
#13. In life you must often choose between getting a job done or getting credit for it. In science, the most important thing is not the ideas you have but the decision which ones you choose to pursue. If you have an idea and are not doing anything with it, why spoil someone else's fun by publishing it?

Leo Szilard

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5820
#14. I could never do a job that entailed complicating people's lives

Frank Healy

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4253
#15. An army isn't made of its officers, you know, though we officers like to think it is. An army is no better than its men, and when you find good men, you must look after them. That's an officer's job.

Bernard Cornwell

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5780
#16. I came to Houston for a job, the reason most people move halfway across the country with a first grader and a five-week-old. I came here to teach at Rice.

Justin Cronin

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5723
#17. Men have made the world. And they've made a brilliant job of it. I love men. You know, men, you built Paris and you invented The Beatles, and, you know, and you've taught dogs to say 'sausages.' You know, I love your world. Thank you for it.

Caitlin Moran

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5578
#18. Face it: You're always just a breath away from a job in telemarketing.

Douglas Coupland

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5282
#19. Every dream that anyone ever has is theirs alone and they never manage to share it. And they never manage to remember it either. Not truly or accurately. Not as it was. Our memories and our vocabularies aren't up to the job.

Alex Garland

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5215
#20. You want to fuck the singer, but you would suck on any of them. A rim job, a piss shower, wouldn't matter. The band plays in nothing but tube socks hung over their cocks and sacks. They can make the socks swing like giant tittie tassels. You've never seen anything so sexy.

Amanda Boyden

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4978
#21. You won this job because you were the best for the job. You are smart, quick to learn, and can quickly acquire any skill you might be lacking.

Carla Harris

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4935
#22. If you look at your class as anything less than life or death, you do not deserve to be a teacher. If you walk into the classroom ten minutes late, week after week, you need to resign. You wouldn't come in late on your job all the time, but I venture to guess that some of you do it on Sunday.

Bill Wilson

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4830
#23. I've always known from the beginning of my acting career that you only get an acting job if you've got something to learn about it. If you don't do it well, you'll be condemned to doing the same role over and over and over again. If you do it mediocre, you'll have to do it again.

Lance Henriksen

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4829
#24. As Gansey led the way out, Noah said to Ronan, "I know why you're mad."
Ronan sneered at him, but his pulse heaved. "Tell me then, prophet."
Noah said, "It's not my job to tell other people's secrets.

Maggie Stiefvater

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4601
#25. It is not the reporter's job to be a patriot or to presume to determine where patriotism lies. His job is to relate the facts.

Walter Cronkite

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4440
#26. A friend of mine took me to Memphis advised me that I should get in the musicians' union. He gave me a set of drums and said, Stay on the job, son.

Levon Helm

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4409
#27. Peter used to say that an artist's job is to make order out of chaos. You collect details, look for a pattern, and organize. You make sense out of senseless facts. You puzzle together bits of everything. You shuffle and reorganize. Collage. Montage. Assemble.

Chuck Palahniuk

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4325
#28. There are two sides to being pigeonholed. There's, 'Oh, no, I'm going to be Chandler for the rest of my life,' but there's also the fact that getting to play Chandler opened up doors to me. It's now my job to find things that shake it up a little bit.

Matthew Perry

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4302
#29. Niels Bohr brainwashed a whole generation of theorists into thinking that the job (interpreting quantum theory) was done 50 years ago.

Murray Gell-Mann

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1879529
#30. Any actor has their moments of being stressed, but the great part about this job is that it's so unpredictable, and that's what I like. I love spontaneity. I don't ever want to be bored, doing the same thing from 9 to 5.

Liana Liberato

9 To 5 Job Quotes #622217
#31. I'm always doing comedy and will never hit up a 9-to-5 desk job.

Brandon T. Jackson

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1850163
#32. I set up this little office space with a piano in it and I thought that would be quite a novel way of writing the album, to make it like a job - a romanticised version of the 9 to 5. I think that was probably my favourite time. I made sure I walked there every day, which took me about an hour.

Sarah Blasko

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1627283
#33. She's had plenty of experience of job loss from the other side in her life, but had never noticed how calculated to cause offence a lot of human-resources-speak actually is.

Alex Marwood

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1590902
#34. The kind of job where you come in and work 9 to 5, and where someone tells you what to do all day is becoming scarcer and scarcer.

Erik Brynjolfsson

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1514945
#35. With the theatre, your whole day is geared towards the evening's show, and that's the job. People usually go to work about 9 and come home around 5, or maybe 7.

Kristin Scott Thomas

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1373445
#36. When I graduated from college, I got a 9-to-5 traditional job doing social media for a company, and I'd spend all day long fighting with the system of getting things approved and the fact that social media has such a quick turnaround. Things had to be very reactive and instant.

Tyler Oakley

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1351053
#37. The people at home don't care what your problems are. They just know that you're doing that show and you're supposed to do the best you can do. It's not a 9-5 type of job. I've considered myself very lucky to do that kind of work.

Wink Martindale

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1214317
#38. I actually had a job while I was acting and was a nursing student, which I had to drop due to my 9-5 job at the time. I managed an instrument room at a hospital in the Bronx.

Dascha Polanco

9 To 5 Job Quotes #968717
#39. Don't need a degree in rocket science to do this job.

Alexander Gordon Smith

9 To 5 Job Quotes #5999
#40. I think that among my friends I'm known as being a hard worker; I think if you want to be an actor, there can't be any compromise. You have to work all day, every day. It's not a 9-5 job. There's always something to learn.

Jeremy Irvine

9 To 5 Job Quotes #167630
#41. I don't want to work a 9-5 job, because 20 hours a day is just too much.

Jarod Kintz

9 To 5 Job Quotes #111817
#42. School taught me how to do a 9-5 job rather than be a person who wants to start a business.

KSI

9 To 5 Job Quotes #29266
#43. To me, it's not work. When I draw and I write, I find it relaxing. It's not like 9-to-5, where a man goes to a job and he isn't really interested in the job. Luckily, I get paid for doing what I'd do for nothing.

Bob Kane

9 To 5 Job Quotes #28349
#44. I had a huge advantage with Edward Norton because he's directed a movie before, so one thing he appreciates is how hard my job is, he's very sensitive to that. We actually ended up finishing "Leaves of Grass" a day early.

Edward Norton

9 To 5 Job Quotes #6284
#45. My job in the Senate is not just to give speeches and do interviews, it's to solve problems.

Marco Rubio

9 To 5 Job Quotes #6225
#46. When you lose your job, the unemployment rate isn't four percent, it's 100 percent.

Thomas Friedman

9 To 5 Job Quotes #6168
#47. A lot of people would have loved me to keep singing ... You come to a point where you have sung, more or less ... your whole repertoire and you want to get down to the job of living.

Cat Stevens

9 To 5 Job Quotes #709
#48. And it's true. It's so true. All those years of loving Zik because he never asked about Eve ... I never realized, I never understood. It was his job as my best friend not to ask.
But it was my job as his best friend to tell him without being asked.

Barry Lyga

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1740
#49. It is a great victory if you learn how to survive in today's hard times; it's an even greater victory if you
help someone else survive and find meaningful work.

Richard N. Bolles

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1551
#50. My first modeling job in Paris, the photographer said, 'Tue es belle,' which means, 'you are pretty,' and I thought he said, 'Tu es poubelle,' which means, 'you are the trash can.' I burst into tears. He was not happy about that.

Rachel Nichols

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1529
#51. To me, job titles don't matter. Everyone is in sales. It's the only way we stay in business.

Harvey MacKay

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1345
#52. Yes," said Jalem as he returned to his brushing. "You've obviously done a superb job so far. Tell me, do I need to make an appointment to try and kill Drothe, or is it simply on a first-come, first-served basis? I can never keep kin etiquette straight.

Douglas Hulick

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1213
#53. Our job is to become more and more of what we are. The growth of a poet seems to be related to his or her becoming less and less embarrassed about more and more.

Marvin Bell

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1176
#54. I try not to notice the exploded eyeballs or the ruptured tongue bursting through the blackened lips. This job is quite gross enough as it is without adding my own dry heaves to the mess.

Charles Stross

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1013
#55. We invest in early childhood education. We invest additional job training dollars. We make sure that we've got a strong research and development strategy so that we continue to innovate. Rebuilding our infrastructure, which we know will attract businesses.

Barack Obama

9 To 5 Job Quotes #780
#56. It is not always the job of people shouting outside impressive buildings to solve problems. It is often the job of the people inside, who have paper, pens, desks, and an impressive view.

Lemony Snicket

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1789
#57. Falling in love was simple; one had only to yield. Digesting another person, however, and sustaining love, was bloody work, and not a soft job.

Hanif Kureishi

9 To 5 Job Quotes #694
#58. Even the dumber parts of our government are not run by idiots. These are ordinary people like us, doing a job. By and large, they're trying to do it as well as they can. Or at least as often as people in the private sector try to do as well as they can.

P. J. O'Rourke

9 To 5 Job Quotes #455
#59. One thing both my parents agree on is this: if people are doing something unfair, it's part of our job to remind them what's fair, even if sometimes it still doesn't turn out the way we want it to.

Kelly Jones

9 To 5 Job Quotes #378
#60. I was a political refugee living in Venezuela. I had a job that was twelve hours a day, no money. It was a hard time.

Isabel Allende

9 To 5 Job Quotes #316
#61. Anything that grows is, by definition, alive. Washington, D.C. was no exception. As a living organism, the Federal Government's number one job was self-preservation. Any threat to its existence had to be dealt with.

Brad Thor

9 To 5 Job Quotes #216
#62. The problem is a lot of people don't think. The general bloke just goes through life, gets a job, gets married and all that, and that's it.

Paul Simonon

9 To 5 Job Quotes #160
#63. The essence of the CEO's job is strategy, not tactics; plan, not do; policy, not implementation.

William Kraut

9 To 5 Job Quotes #58
#64. Oh my God. For most of eternity, I won't exist. That leaves two options: live forever or destroy the universe. Hm... I may have to quit my day job for this.

Zach Weinersmith

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2409
#65. Sometimes I don't feel like an actor. Sometimes I speak about it like it was another job, and then I go, 'Wait a minute - I am one!'

Michael Keaton

9 To 5 Job Quotes #3950
#66. The sympathy which is reverent with what it cannot understand is worth its weight in gold. 69 L

Oswald Chambers

9 To 5 Job Quotes #3682
#67. I've got the greatest job in the world. There's no other job in government where cause and effect is so tightly coupled where you can make a difference every day in so many different ways and in so many different people's lives. It's a great challenge.

Michael Bloomberg

9 To 5 Job Quotes #3468
#68. After quitting my job with Sea Rock, I became a Mukta Arts flunky.

Ronit Roy

9 To 5 Job Quotes #3250
#69. For several people the challenge with the dream isn't bread & butter but the luxury.

Santosh Avvannavar

9 To 5 Job Quotes #3088
#70. I feel like I have to do the best job I can to basically say, "OK, I understand - you have every right to be angry, but anger is not a plan. Here's what I want to do, and that's why I hope you will support me, because I think it will actually improve the lives of Americans."

Hillary Clinton

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2893
#71. He had almost fallen asleep on top of Elin last night, and counted it among the week's few small achievements that he had finished the job, at least.

Robert Galbraith

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2723
#72. The companies that do the best job on managing a user's privacy will be the companies that ultimately are the most successful.

Fred Wilson

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2562
#73. Strike noticed that, in spite of Duffield's air of disorientation and distress, he had made a good job of applying his eyeliner.

Robert Galbraith

9 To 5 Job Quotes #4221
#74. To do this job, you really have to love what you're doing.

Edward Kitsis

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2362
#75. I was very compelled by a woman who would choose this profession. She [Maura Isles] came from a very highly-educated, wealthy background and could have chosen to do a lot of other things, and has this uber-feminine, modern woman mentality, but works this job.

Sasha Alexander

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2317
#76. Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord. Was Father Tom thinking about vengeance now? The possibility amused him. Perhaps the next time he went to confession he would ask him. A priest should understand. That was his job, wasn't it? To understand and forgive? Maybe understanding would come with death.

Julie Garwood

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2281
#77. Imagine living in a country where the cops are all people who're cut out for the job.

Michael Dibdin

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2237
#78. I think, because I'm an artist, part of my job is to be a barometer, an antenna. It's in the air and it resonates with a lot of people to lighten up.

Jane Siberry

9 To 5 Job Quotes #2098
#79. Everyone brings their own particular skill set to the job, and acting training can work for a lot of actors, and it can't. I've seen a lot of really good actors go into acting schools and then come out a little bit corrupted.

Xavier Samuel

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1970
#80. You rich kids are all the same. Daddy may give you everything you want but the world won't, and it's my job to teach you that.

Evelyn Smith

9 To 5 Job Quotes #1881

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top