Top 100 5 Percent Quotes

#1. It's good news that he is proposing to restore budget cuts that he made, but the reality is that he is still proposing a 4.5 percent increase in tuition that's above inflation.

James Rosapepe

5 Percent Quotes #54176
#2. But how can a series of reasonable intermediate forms be constructed? Of what value could the first tiny step toward an eye be to its possessor? The dung-mimicking insect is well protected, but can there be any edge in looking only 5 percent like a turd?

Stephen Jay Gould

5 Percent Quotes #88348
#3. 95 percent of economics is common sense made complicated, and even for the remaining 5 percent, the essential reasoning, if not all the technical details, can be explained in plain terms.

Ha-Joon Chang

5 Percent Quotes #141531
#4. We've accounted for 95 percent of all the stars in the Milky Way. The other 5 percent are big, bright stars - the kind that dominate the night sky, but are lamentably both rare and short-lived. If biology's your thing, you can forget those guys.

Seth Shostak

5 Percent Quotes #223129
#5. If female were working in the same proportion as men do, the level of GDP would be up 27 percent in a country like India, but also up 9 percent in Japan and up 5 percent in the United States of America. It's not just a moral issue, not just a philosophical issue. It just makes economic sense.

Christine Lagarde

5 Percent Quotes #260168
#6. The most striking fact is no doubt that in all these societies, half of the population own virtually nothing: the poorest 50 percent invariably own less than 10 percent of national wealth, and generally less than 5 percent.

Thomas Piketty

5 Percent Quotes #306192
#7. That also means the antivirus software you are running on your own computer is likely only catching 5 percent of the emerging threats targeting your machine. If your body's own immune system had a batting average like that, you would be dead in a matter of hours.

Marc Goodman

5 Percent Quotes #307365
#8. Since 95 percent of the people are imitators and only 5 percent initiators, people are persuaded more by the actions of others than by any proof we can offer.

Robert B. Cialdini

5 Percent Quotes #311087
#9. Women own or manage more than 30 percent of all businesses but 5 percent or less of the biggest enterprises, the United Nations said in a report published Monday.

Anonymous

5 Percent Quotes #333070
#10. In Argentina, urban poverty plummeted from 54.7 percent in 2003 to 6.5 percent in 2011, according to government data collected by the U.N.

Naomi Klein

5 Percent Quotes #336734
#11. The American diet causes disease. It is composed of 25 percent animal products and 62 percent processed foods and only 5 percent of calories from fruits and vegetables.

Joel Fuhrman

5 Percent Quotes #372706
#12. If I can save 25 billion dollars in terms of reduction of import, I will be adding one percent to the GDP. By conserving the oil energy by the people, the GDP will become 5.5 percent, and this will change the economy of the country.

Veerappa Moily

5 Percent Quotes #373417
#13. Iraq has lost 5 percent of its population, a number that in the U.S. would equal 14 million people.

Mick Jagger

5 Percent Quotes #400007
#14. That adage about genius being 5 percent inspiration and 95 perspiration - it's true.

Yanni

5 Percent Quotes #413186
#15. In 2010, I proposed that Congress take its first pay cut in 77 years, and my effort had bipartisan support. And as part of leading by example, I returned 5 percent of my paycheck every month to pay down the debt.

Ann Kirkpatrick

5 Percent Quotes #426293
#16. What they've found so far in the Amazon is 5 percent of what there is yet to discover to eat in the Amazon because it's completely unknown. I've eaten things I've never eaten before over there.

Alain Ducasse

5 Percent Quotes #476668
#17. The music scene as I look at it today is a little different from when I was growing up. The percentages are roughly the same - 95 percent rubbish, 5 percent pure.

Eric Clapton

5 Percent Quotes #498684
#18. It takes twenty-one pounds of protein fed to a calf to produce a single pound of animal protein for humans. We get back less than 5 percent of what we put in.

Peter Singer

5 Percent Quotes #507010
#19. [A] major source of wealth for many families is financial assets, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and private pensions ... the wealthiest 5 percent of households held nearly two-thirds of all such assets in 2013

Janet Yellen

5 Percent Quotes #541457
#20. Because the math is, if you - 5 percent of a million is a lot more than 5 percent of a thousand. So yeah, someone who makes more money, numerically, it's gonna be higher. But the greatest gains, percentage-wise, for people, are gonna be at the lower end of our plan.

Ted Cruz

5 Percent Quotes #555259
#21. If women had equal access to fertilizer and modern farm machinery, developing countries would produce between 2.5-percent and 4-percent more food.

Sri Mulyani Indrawati

5 Percent Quotes #598862
#22. The average GOP presidential vote in these last five elections was 44.5 percent. In the last three, it was 48.1 percent. Give Romney an extra point for voter disillusionment with Obama, and a half-point for being better financed than his predecessors. It still strikes me as a path to narrow defeat.

Bill Kristol

5 Percent Quotes #608553
#23. Less than 8 percent of private sector workers belonged to a union in 2004, and, overall, only 12.5 percent of American workers carry a union card - down from about one-third of workers in labor's heydays in the 1950s.

Linda Chavez

5 Percent Quotes #685813
#24. An estimated 7 million illegal immigrants were residing in the United States in January 2000. This is double the size of the illegal immigrant population in January 1990 and constitutes 2.5 percent of the total U.S. population of just over 281 million.

Gary Miller

5 Percent Quotes #693483
#25. 99.5 percent of the people that walk around and say they are a social media expert or guru are clowns. We are going to live through a devastating social media bubble.

Gary Vaynerchuk

5 Percent Quotes #713213
#26. American strategists have calculated the proportion of civilians killed in this century's major wars. In the First World War, 5 percent of those killed were civilians, in the Second World War 48 percent, while in a Third World War 90-95 percent would be civilians.

Colin Ward

5 Percent Quotes #714611
#27. The camera fails to capture the 'business' in show business! We typically will give 10 percent of our salary to the agent, 10 percent to the manager, and 5 percent to the lawyer, plus the publicist gets a flat fee, which needs to be budgeted for.

Danica McKellar

5 Percent Quotes #733090
#28. What most Americans mean when they say "the end of the recession" is, "When will it be back to normal? When can we get jobs? When will the employment rate be back to 4 percent or 5 percent?"

Joseph Stiglitz

5 Percent Quotes #741641
#29. Most are expecting 5 percent to 10 percent hikes, but there are rumblings of far nastier surprises.

Hugh Hewitt

5 Percent Quotes #770988
#30. The chimpanzee and the human share about 99.5 percent of their evolutionary history, yet most human thinkers regard the chimp as a malformed, irrelevant oddity, while seeing themselves as stepping stones to the Almighty.

Robert Trivers

5 Percent Quotes #774751
#31. From 1950 to 2000, the U.S. economy grew at an average rate of 3.5 percent. That generated a massive gain in real GDP per person from $16,000 to over $50,000. A huge win for the middle class.

Lawrence Kudlow

5 Percent Quotes #777844
#32. In most polls there are always about 5 percent of the people who 'don't know.' What isn't generally understood is that it's the same people in every poll.

George Carlin

5 Percent Quotes #787523
#33. For a developing country, average long-run growth of 5 percent a year per capita is excellent, and 7 percent is stellar.

Alex Berenson

5 Percent Quotes #813169
#34. I don't know about Cricket but still I watch Cricket to see Sachin play..Not because I love his play, its because I want to know the reason why my country's production goes down by 5 percent when he is in batting

Barack Obama

5 Percent Quotes #813566
#35. China has to move to a more flexible foreign currency trading system, no question about that. You might see two or three moves to widen the band, say to 0.5 percent.

Arjuna Mahendran

5 Percent Quotes #839787
#36. It's one thing in this business to actually work. 5 percent of the Screen Actors' Guild works. It's another thing to do work that's satisfying and that people are loving.

Julianna Margulies

5 Percent Quotes #848644
#37. Greece is a medium-sized country in Europe. Our debt accounts for only 2.5 percent of the total of all members of the euro zone.

Evangelos Venizelos

5 Percent Quotes #870814
#38. The Indian economy grew at 5.5 percent, but if you look at the last 30 years - for example, 1960 to 1985 - the progress made by East Asian countries was phenomenal. In a single generation they had been able to transform the character of their economy. They were able to get rid of chronic poverty.

Manmohan Singh

5 Percent Quotes #877012
#39. Only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions.

Ron Paul

5 Percent Quotes #906440
#40. My whole thing was, if I can put in 5 percent of the effort of somebody getting an A, and I can get a C minus, that's amazing," he explains. "It's certainly good enough, right? [Then] I can take the other 95 percent of the time and invest it in something I really care about.

David Heinemeier Hansson

5 Percent Quotes #949615
#41. If your credit is going to grow at 10-15 percent per year in order to get your 5 percent GDP growth per year, eventually you're going to have a problem. This isn't a stable system.

Adair Turner

5 Percent Quotes #960948
#42. In the United States, 25 percent of all Medicare spending is for the 5 percent of patients who are in their final year of life, and most of that money goes for care in their last couple of months that is of little apparent benefit.

Atul Gawande

5 Percent Quotes #988383
#43. If US per capita income continues to grow at a rate of 1.5 percent a year, the country will have plenty of money to finance comfortable retirements and high-quality healthcare for all citizens, including those at the bottom of the wage ladder.

William Greider

5 Percent Quotes #993505
#44. Watching too much TV can triple our hunger for more possessions, while reducing our personal contentment by about 5 percent for every hour a day we watch.

David Niven

5 Percent Quotes #995381
#45. You know, I'm playing the Mirage in Vegas, the main room ... About 5 percent of all comics end up as the main headliner on the Vegas Strip, so that's a big deal for me. Getting to do my stand-up the way I have this summer is really what I've dreamed of since I was about 10 years old.

Billy Gardell

5 Percent Quotes #1003315
#46. Twelve million students take the PARCC or Smarter Balanced. Now, if 5 percent opt out, that creates - that triggers some restrictions, and 5 percent of 12 million is only 600,000.

John Merrow

5 Percent Quotes #1003560
#47. It has been estimated that even in the absence of net investment, the mere substitution of modern machinery for worn-out equipment in the United States would cause an annual productivity increase of approximately 1.5 percent.

Paul A. Baran

5 Percent Quotes #1016988
#48. Maybe 5 percent, maybe less, were the ones who sucked it up, learned the lesson, and moved on. The Julies. The good ones. His

James S.A. Corey

5 Percent Quotes #1036558
#49. The White House is defending President Obama's sports activities over the past week, saying that everyone needs leisure time. Thanks to these economic policies, 9.5 percent of Americans have all the leisure time they need.

Jay Leno

5 Percent Quotes #1045135
#50. With a strong domestic economy, low national unemployment at 5 percent, and increasing retail sales, the picture should look rosy. But one look at the trade deficit changes all of that.

Jo Ann Emerson

5 Percent Quotes #1072721
#51. I'm not someone who puts their money in a fund that earns 2 to 5 percent a year. I'm a man who tries to change things, move something with my money, to create jobs and, of course, at the same time earn more money with it.

Dietmar Hopp

5 Percent Quotes #1118407
#52. Income is an important determinant of people's satisfaction with their lives, but it is far less important than most people think. If everyone had the same income, the differences among people in life satisfaction would be reduced by less than 5 percent.

John Brockman

5 Percent Quotes #1118873
#53. The only thing I'm addicted to is winning. This bootleg cult, arrogantly referred to as Alcoholics Anonymous, reports a 5 percent success rate. My success rate is 100 percent.

Charlie Sheen

5 Percent Quotes #1123977
#54. Today, barely 5 percent of all containers coming into the United States through our ports are scanned.

Alcee Hastings

5 Percent Quotes #1156387
#55. When you're used to being at a point where you're deadlifting close to 600 pounds, getting to be 5.5 percent body fat and seeing veins in places you shouldn't see them, it kind of skews your understanding of what is normal and OK.

Matt McGorry

5 Percent Quotes #1163083
#56. The Screen Actors Guild numbers are frightening: Something like 90 percent of the roles are for men, 5 percent are for livestock and 5 percent are for women.

Melanie Mayron

5 Percent Quotes #1175556
#57. The rate of return on Social Security for people nearing retirement is about 1.5 percent. By the time young children like mine are ready to retire, that rate of return will be a negative percentage.

Paul Ryan

5 Percent Quotes #1184644
#58. A City University of New York study done in 1991 revealed that nearly 90% of the American people identify themselves religiously as Christians or Jews, while only 7.5 percent claim no religion.

William Bennett

5 Percent Quotes #1186855
#59. If you just analyze, historically, the chances of getting two quarters of more than a 5 percent gain in the dollar index, it has happened only two times since the '70s, so it's very rare.

Jens Nordvig

5 Percent Quotes #1195813
#60. While 45 percent of the land on earth is used to raise animals and food to feed them, it is estimated that only 5 percent is used to grow plant-based foods consumed directly by humans. This 5 percent, though, supplies 80 percent of the calories consumed by humans.15

Richard Oppenlander

5 Percent Quotes #1230608
#61. I'm really 95 percent Mr. Rogers, and only 5 percent Oscar the Grouch.'

George Steinbrenner

5 Percent Quotes #1238213
#62. Someone once told me to believe 5 percent of what everybody tells you.

Mia Wasikowska

5 Percent Quotes #1255940
#63. Hardly any famine affects more than 5 percent, almost never more than 10 percent, of the population. The largest proportion of a population affected was the Irish famine of the 1840s, which came close to 10 percent over a number of years.

Amartya Sen

5 Percent Quotes #1298661
#64. America is 5 percent of the world's population and consumes 96 percent of the world's hard drugs.

Dick Gregory

5 Percent Quotes #1343464
#65. Place 5 percent to 10 percent of your total assets in gold bullion and selected gold and silver coins. No one knows with certainty whether the coming depression will be inflationary or deflationary.

James Dale Davidson

5 Percent Quotes #1351091
#66. Where land was controlled by noblemen and/or the Church in other parts of Europe, in the province of Holland, circa 1500, only 5 percent of the land was owned by nobles, while peasants owned 45 percent of it.

Russell Shorto

5 Percent Quotes #1380078
#67. The United States is dangerously close to being a plutocracy. A third of the private wealth is owned by less than 5 percent of the population.

Robert Payne

5 Percent Quotes #1381975
#68. I actually feel about 15 percent peaceful, which is a huge improvement over my normal 5 percent.

Kirstin Cronn-Mills

5 Percent Quotes #1388244
#69. With my adult books, for the first six weeks or so, it's about 60 percent ebooks in terms of sales. The kids' books, it's like 5 percent. Which means that the parents, the ones that aren't going into stores now, they're no longer buying books for their kids, which is not great.

James Patterson

5 Percent Quotes #1397307
#70. Out of all the airports that are out there only about 5 percent have commercial service.

Chris Brown

5 Percent Quotes #1399817
#71. The United States, despite an active ideology that preaches equality, in fact has the most unequal distribution of wealth of any industrialized nation (Philips, 1988). The top one percent of the population controls over 70 percent of the wealth, and the top 5 percent control over 90 percent.9

Dhati Lewis

5 Percent Quotes #1400105
#72. We wanted to preserve as many jobs as possible, so when our sales continued to decline in August 2008, we did about a 5 percent reduction of our global staff. But in order not to cut any more jobs, we froze everybody's pay and put a hiring freeze on.

John Mackey

5 Percent Quotes #1430539
#73. Curly: Wait a minute! Y'know I'm temperamental.
Moe: Ya, 95 percent temper,5 percent mental

The Three Stooges

5 Percent Quotes #1457227
#74. 'Cause I can make more money going in and doing my recordings and selling them through my entities that I have, rather than going to a record co. and them release a record and pay me 5 percent of what they make off it.

Mickey Gilley

5 Percent Quotes #1463434
#75. I know that in the United States we consume between 25 and 30 percent of the world's resources, whereas we comprise less than 5 percent of the world's population. That type of injustice has to be backed up by brute force.

Beatrice Ekwa Ekoko

5 Percent Quotes #1466547
#76. We are 5 percent of the global population and consume a third of the total resources - on some level we should all feel guilty relative to the world.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus

5 Percent Quotes #1524874
#77. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action.

Ron Paul

5 Percent Quotes #1531397
#78. In the early '90s, well under 5 percent of the global population was online.

Peter Diamandis

5 Percent Quotes #1551769
#79. It is very possible to have lives that are just as prosperous, and nicer, that use 5 percent of the fossil fuels and virgin materials we do now. But if we're living anything like the average McMansion-ite, SUV-driving suburbanites, there's simply no way that can be powered in a climate-friendly way.

Alex Steffen

5 Percent Quotes #1562228
#80. The market is now factoring in that first-quarter earnings will likely be below consensus. And the reality is that economic growth is probably going to be between 3.5 percent and 4 percent, which is good but maybe not as strong as what some people were hoping for.

Subodh Kumar

5 Percent Quotes #1657314
#81. Your brain is the "greediest" organ in the body; the resting brain uses oxygen and glucose at 10 times the rate of the rest of the body. Thus, even though the brain makes up less than 2.5 percent of total body weight, it is responsible for 20 percent of the body's energy consumption.

Patricia Wolfe

5 Percent Quotes #1661825
#82. Since the familiar particles and the objects they compose - stars, planets, people, etc. - amount to less than 5 percent of the mass of the universe, such a disruption would not affect the vast majority of the universe, at least as measured by mass.

Brian Greene

5 Percent Quotes #1673858
#83. Skating takes up 70 percent of my time, school about 25 percent. Having fun and talking to my friends, 5 percent. It's hard. I envy other kids a lot of things, but I get a guilt trip when I'm not training.

Michelle Kwan

5 Percent Quotes #1717661
#84. Remember that in most cases, student loan debt is not dischargeable in bankruptcy. So you continue to pay it off anyway. Those who have very low interest rates (2-2.5 percent) on student loans and know everything is secure, great.

Suze Orman

5 Percent Quotes #1758538
#85. The United States contains less than 5 percent of the world's population but houses nearly a quarter of the world's prisoners.

Gabor Mate

5 Percent Quotes #1760013
#86. Though Urdu is the mother tongue of only 5 percent of Pakistanis, it is the official language of the state and is taught in schools nationwide.

Dilip Hiro

5 Percent Quotes #1774223
#87. Only 3 to 5 percent of people are aware of being a part of history; the overwhelming majority think things will always be the way they are.

Vladimir Voinovich

5 Percent Quotes #1801667
#88. For every 5 percent of saturated-fat calories that replaced carbohydrates in the diet, the risk of breast cancer decreased by 9 percent. This certainly argued against the hypothesis that excessive fat consumption caused breast cancer.

Gary Taubes

5 Percent Quotes #1817937
#89. Even before ObamaCare, the government took care of the bottom 5 or 10 percent of the public who were on Medicaid.

Rand Paul

5 Percent Quotes #10088
#90. To be only spectacular should be 5 or 10 percent of cinema.

Jean-Luc Godard

5 Percent Quotes #160774
#91. I won't lie - I picked up the occasional gossip magazine in the past because I thought that maybe 5 to 10 percent of it was true. Now I think it's zero percent.

Lindsey Vonn

5 Percent Quotes #180123
#92. Novice Traders trade 5 to 10 times too big. They are taking 5 to 10% risks on a trade they should be taking 1 to 2 percent risks.

Bruce Kovner

5 Percent Quotes #195536
#93. His unit is in charge of 5,000 homes, and they've only been able to search about 2 percent of them. People are standing on roofs or sticking their hands out of air vents so they can get rescued.

Allen Johnson

5 Percent Quotes #255594
#94. In the U.S., the 400 richest people have as much as 185 million people, over 60 percent of the population. As absurd as that is, on a global scale, the richest 85 people have as much as 3.5 billion people, half of humanity!

Russell Brand

5 Percent Quotes #436789
#95. Do you realize that if we could increase just by 50 percent the number of adults who have a college degree, it would add $5 billion to the economy and it would result in a net income to the state of Arkansas of $340 million a year?

Mike Huckabee

5 Percent Quotes #467486
#96. The key thing about any fund is to make sure its expenses are low. You know, if you look at the funds in your plan and you see that they're all charging 1.5 and 2 percent,you've gota bad plan.

William J. Bernstein

5 Percent Quotes #531035
#97. It is a fact that fewer than 10 percent of Germany's population of 79.7 million people actively worked or campaigned to bring about Hitler's change.17 Even at the height of its power in 1945, the Nazi political party boasted only 8.5 million members.

Andy Andrews

5 Percent Quotes #540672
#98. I consider Apple to be very closed. Let's say you have a book business, and you are charging 5 to 7 percent gross margins; you can't exist in an Apple world because they want 30 percent, and they don't care that you only have 7 percent to play with.

Gabe Newell

5 Percent Quotes #639749
#99. You're one of 6.5 billion people now on the planet, and 99.9 percent of your genes are the same as everyone else's.

David Shields

5 Percent Quotes #671887
#100. The GP2 championship costs 0.65 percent of what the Formula One championship costs. I don't understand why GP2 cost $2.5 million and our team and other teams cost maybe between $300 and $500 million. I do not see what the difference is.

Flavio Briatore

5 Percent Quotes #905850

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top