Top 98 40 Percent Quotes

#1. Research conducted by the Corporation for Supportive Housing in New York State shows that the use of state prisons and city jails dropped by 74 percent and 40 percent respectively when people with past criminal records were provided with supportive housing.

Michelle Alexander

40 Percent Quotes #1180959
#2. About 40 percent of my time is spent on social issues and building new organizations, more for the benefit of the climate or health issues.

Richard Branson

40 Percent Quotes #1413283
#3. Even an idle phone conversation when driving takes a 40 percent bite out of your focus and, surprisingly, can have the same effect as being drunk.

Gary W. Keller

40 Percent Quotes #1389330
#4. Anything that isn't opposed by about 40 percent of humanity is either an evil business or so unimportant that it simply doesn't matter.

Russell Baker

40 Percent Quotes #1376585
#5. Each year, about 350,000 Americans fall and break a hip. Of those, 40 percent end up in a nursing home, and 20 percent are never able to walk again.

Atul Gawande

40 Percent Quotes #1361002
#6. A number of studies of homeless youth in big cities put forth a startling statistic: Depending on the study, somewhere between 30 and 40 percent of homeless youths identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.

Margot Adler

40 Percent Quotes #1358060
#7. Why do more than 40 percent of Americans think that the Universe began after the domestication of the dog?

Richard Dawkins

40 Percent Quotes #1342489
#8. In order to grow at this pace, there will have to be a couple of acquisitions along the way. The tricky thing is to grow at this rate and maintain a 40 percent operating margin.

Larry Ellison

40 Percent Quotes #1296239
#9. Montpellier produced nearly 40 percent of all physicians in France, but the university had a troubled reputation as a party school where medical students were just as likely to drink and cavort with prostitutes as they were to learn the intricacies of the Hippocratic corpus.

Holly Tucker

40 Percent Quotes #1230815
#10. I don't know too many parents that want to feed their kids soda, but high-fructose corn syrup is cheap. The price of soda in 20 years has gone down 40 percent while the price of whole foods, fruits and vegetables, has gone up 40 percent and obesity goes up right along that curve.

Tom Colicchio

40 Percent Quotes #1205741
#11. Last year, I was proud to be an original co-sponsor of legislation that would increase federal judges' salaries by more than 40 percent. It also built in a cost of living adjustment, so the Judicial Branch would not be dependent on the Legislative Branch for increases each year.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz

40 Percent Quotes #1188890
#12. Feminists say 60 percent of the country's wealth is in the hands of women. They're letting men hold the other 40 percent because their handbags are full.

Earl Wilson

40 Percent Quotes #1427062
#13. Nonetheless, the research budgets of the Department of Defense are under enormous stress-and they are extremely important because they support more than 40 percent of all federal funding for engineering schools across the country. So the threat was and is real.

Charles Vest

40 Percent Quotes #1176111
#14. However, the Administration's plan to privatize Social Security will undermine retirement security for all Americans by cutting guaranteed benefits by more than 40 percent, and risky private accounts won't make up for the loss of benefits for millions of Americans.

Ruben Hinojosa

40 Percent Quotes #1148018
#15. Lucy brought with her an image of our human ancestors that you don't get when you find a jaw or an arm bone or a leg bone. Here was 40 percent of a single skeleton.

Donald Johanson

40 Percent Quotes #1126126
#16. When we look around the world today, when we see in Afghanistan that 10 million people have registered to vote in their upcoming elections, including 40 percent of those people are women, that's just unbelievable.

Laura Bush

40 Percent Quotes #1115528
#17. Sex accounts for about 40 percent of your relationship, but if it's bad, then it's 60.

Joe Manganiello

40 Percent Quotes #1081669
#18. I believe that, artistically and culturally, the free radio air should be able to support local artists of whatever genre. Play 40 percent of your local artists; don't suck up to major labels to the point where you neglect your own locale.

Chuck D

40 Percent Quotes #1045201
#19. It takes four months to ship food aid and 40 percent of the cost is in the shipping. People cannot eat shipping costs. We have had people die when there are surpluses in the markets.

Andrew Natsios

40 Percent Quotes #1044122
#20. According to the telephone poll, a full 40 percent of black women felt that the use of physical force was appropriate in a marriage. And black women especially could not abide Marcia Clark.

Jeffrey Toobin

40 Percent Quotes #1038357
#21. By the year 2000, such renewable energy sources could provide 40 percent of the global energy budget; by 2025, humanity could obtain 75 percent of its energy from solar resources.

Denis Hayes

40 Percent Quotes #1029084
#22. The average college graduate's proficient literacy in English [the ability to read lengthy, complex texts and draw complicated inferences] has declined from 40 percent in 1992 to 31 percent ten years later.

Charles Colson

40 Percent Quotes #1650355
#23. Good habits are enormously freeing - we accomplish good things almost on autopilot. One study from Duke University found that more than 40 percent of the actions people take every day aren't decisions, but habits. Good habits free us, but when sin becomes a habit, our souls lose their freedom.

John Ortberg

40 Percent Quotes #1864398
#24. For the loss of the team, a Seattle Post-Intelligencer snap poll found that 40 percent of readers blamed Schultz the most, followed by 15 percent for Nickels and 11 percent for Bennett.

David Holt

40 Percent Quotes #1815059
#25. Twelve percent of all the photographs ever taken in human history have been taken in the last twelve months. And 40 percent of them are on Facebook.

Charles Stross

40 Percent Quotes #1797551
#26. Should two founders split the company right down the middle? Answer you're looking for: No, you should allocate 25 percent to future employees and 35 percent to the first two rounds of investments. That leaves 40 percent for the founders to split among themselves.

Guy Kawasaki

40 Percent Quotes #1767423
#27. One paper published by a Duke University researcher in 2006 found that more than 40 percent of the actions people performed each day weren't actual decisions, but habits.

Charles Duhigg

40 Percent Quotes #1760601
#28. It seems like it happens pretty often - there's always something that happens that's bad. About 40 percent of the food I make doesn't come out so good, only because I'm experimenting and it just doesn't work out right. It's always a learning experience.

Thu Tran

40 Percent Quotes #1731567
#29. College kids today are about 40 percent lower in empathy than their counterparts of twenty or thirty years ago," Konrath reports.

Kevin Dutton

40 Percent Quotes #1718590
#30. Going meat-free can make a huge difference. Studies show that vegetarians are, on average, 10 to 20 pounds lighter than meat-eaters and that a vegetarian diet reduces our risk of heart disease by 40 percent and adds seven or more years to our lifespan.

Ingrid Newkirk

40 Percent Quotes #1693373
#31. According to a new survey, 40 percent of adults in Mexico say they would move to the United States if they got a chance. The number would have been higher, but the other 60 percent already live here.

Conan O'Brien

40 Percent Quotes #1666730
#32. Duke University researcher in 2006 found that more than 40 percent of the actions people performed each day weren't actual decisions, but habits.prl.3

Charles Duhigg

40 Percent Quotes #97631
#33. African agriculture today is among, or is, the most under-capitalized in the world. Only seven percent of arable land in Africa is irrigated, compared to 40 percent in Asia.

Eleni Zaude Gabre-Madhin

40 Percent Quotes #1642133
#34. The show is probably 60 percent improvising and 40 percent not. So there's quite a bit of it that we do have prepared and that part of it, you have memorized and you've rehearsed and you're prepared, just like any show.

Brian Henson

40 Percent Quotes #1640694
#35. Only 40 percent of liberals told Pew Research they were "proud to be American" - compared with more than 70 percent of conservatives.

Ann Coulter

40 Percent Quotes #1621016
#36. A small business person has Uncle Sam as a partner, a partner who puts up no money, does no work, and wants 30 or 40 percent

Irwin Schiff

40 Percent Quotes #1619963
#37. Since 2008, no high-ranking executive from any financial institution has gone to jail, not one, for any of the systemic crimes that wiped out 40 percent of the world's wealth.

Matt Taibbi

40 Percent Quotes #1608420
#38. Fewer than 40 percent of the alternative therapies are discussed with one's physician, In my personal view, the current status quo which could easily be described as 'Don't ask and don't tell,' needs to be abandoned
that is not in anyone's best interest.

David Eisenberg

40 Percent Quotes #1588530
#39. So far as we know, no pollster has asked the public, "Are you getting your money's worth for the more than 40 percent of your income being spent on your behalf by government?" But

Milton Friedman

40 Percent Quotes #1582702
#40. Today, nearly 40 percent of a senior's healthcare spending is on pharmaceutical medications.

Dennis Hastert

40 Percent Quotes #1503172
#41. I saw a story in the Los Angeles Times that 40 percent of the viewers are men. It didn't really surprise me.

James Denton

40 Percent Quotes #1482499
#42. The entire North Polar ice cap is disappearing before our very eyes. It's been the size of the continental United States for the last 3 million years and now 40 percent is gone and the rest of it is going.

Al Gore

40 Percent Quotes #297532
#43. I always tell people, 'Everything you've heard about Alice Cooper , you can believe maybe 40 percent of it. Everything you've ever heard about Keith Moon is true - and you've only heard 10 percent of it.'

Alice Cooper

40 Percent Quotes #441672
#44. Research suggests that about 40 percent of our behavior is repeated almost daily, and mostly in the same context.

Gretchen Rubin

40 Percent Quotes #429530
#45. 40 percent of North Korean children suffer from stunted growth. 20 percent are underweight.

Tom Lantos

40 Percent Quotes #427627
#46. Our National Guard, as I think everybody knows, has provided about 40 percent of the boots on the ground in Iraq and in the conflict against Islamofascism. They went into that battle, being called up for their national security service, short of equipment.

Kit Bond

40 Percent Quotes #406664
#47. Organisms in the ocean provide over 40 percent of the oxygen we breathe, and they're the major sink for capturing all the carbon dioxide we constantly release into the atmosphere.

Craig Venter

40 Percent Quotes #385618
#48. Oil is essential for a modern, industrial society. It's unique, first of all, because it's the primary source, at 40 percent, of the world's entire supply of energy, and it's irreplaceable in the transportation field; it provides 98 percent of world transportation energy.

Michael Klare

40 Percent Quotes #384962
#49. Doing films as an actor, you spend maybe 40 percent of the year doing your chosen profession. If you are on a successful TV show, you spend 80 percent of your year doing the thing you love.

Christina Ricci

40 Percent Quotes #381624
#50. I can spend somebody else's money on somebody else. And if I spend somebody else's money on somebody else, I'm not concerned about how much it is, and I'm not concerned about what I get. And that's government. And that's close to 40 percent of our national income.

Milton Friedman

40 Percent Quotes #341999
#51. The price volatility within each trading day in the U.S. stock market between 2010 and 2013 was nearly 40 percent higher than the volatility between 2004 and 2006, for instance. There were days in 2011 in which volatility was higher than in the most volatile days of the dot-com bubble.

Michael Lewis

40 Percent Quotes #324280
#52. Recent studies show that people who exercise their minds with stimulating activities throughout their entire lives have a 35-40 percent less chance of developing symptoms of dementia.

Mike Rabe

40 Percent Quotes #307167
#53. When I write I know that I'm going to have to produce 40 percent more than I need.

George Saunders

40 Percent Quotes #1004550
#54. In 2006, the number of children in targeted school choice programs nationwide will reach six digits for the first time, representing a 40 percent increase in the number of children in targeted school choice programs and an even bigger increase in the amount of public funding.

Clint Bolick

40 Percent Quotes #294763
#55. When a husband and wife both are employed full-time, the mother does 40 percent more child care and about 30 percent more housework than the father.1 A 2009 survey found that only 9 percent of people in dual-earner marriages said that they shared housework, child care, and breadwinning evenly.

Sheryl Sandberg

40 Percent Quotes #264732
#56. Eliminating clutter would cut down the amount of housework in the average home by 40 percent.

Gretchen Rubin

40 Percent Quotes #244958
#57. Homes and buildings, many of which are old and drafty, eat up 40 percent of the energy America uses. Such inefficiencies perpetuate our reliance on foreign oil, imperiling our national security and increasing our contribution to climate change.

Peter Welch

40 Percent Quotes #171694
#58. Sometimes people are surprised to learn that most of the films I've made don't work. They've been released but nobody has ever seen them. Maybe 40 percent of them are very successful. That's a very high percentage; most people have maybe 10 or 15 percent of their films work.

George Lucas

40 Percent Quotes #152426
#59. We may believe in the state's responsibility to alleviate the crushing poverty that afflicts 40 percent of Latin America's population, but most of us also affirm that there is no better cure for that poverty than a stronger, more globally integrated economy.

Oscar Arias

40 Percent Quotes #138703
#60. We're shooting 100 percent - 60 percent from the field and 40 percent from the free-throw line.

Norm Stewart

40 Percent Quotes #126319
#61. Most people know that 30 to 40 percent of the world's Jews were killed during World War II, but not that 80 to 90 percent of the Orthodox community perished, among them many who had kept alive an ancient tradition of mysticism and meditation reaching back to the Old Testament world of the prophets.

Diane Ackerman

40 Percent Quotes #115735
#62. When people switch to car-sharing from car ownership, they reduce their vehicle miles traveled by 44 percent, and thus their greenhouse gas emissions go down by, like, 40 percent.

Jessica Scorpio

40 Percent Quotes #13614
#63. The economics of industrialized countries would collapse if women didn't do the work they do for free: According to economist Marilyn Waring, throughout the West it generates between 25 and 40 percent of the gross national product.

Naomi Wolf

40 Percent Quotes #507539
#64. You beat 50 percent of the people in America by working hard. You beat 40 percent by being a person of honesty and integrity and standing for something. The last 10 percent is a dogfight in the free enterprise system.

Arthur L. Williams Jr.

40 Percent Quotes #1022874
#65. In the course of a normal lifetime, the muscles of the jaw lose about 40 percent of their mass and the bones of the mandible lose about 20 percent, becoming porous and weak. The ability

Atul Gawande

40 Percent Quotes #982891
#66. I love my DSL, but I love my WiFi more. And I probably get on the Internet 40 percent to 50 percent more because of the combination of those technologies.

Michael K. Powell

40 Percent Quotes #956244
#67. Becoming a mom allowed me to just relax in a way I never had before. I used to care a lot about what I looked like in public or what people thought of me. I care at least 40 percent less now.

Busy Philipps

40 Percent Quotes #885171
#68. With an operating profit margin topping 40 percent, Fanuc makes 25 percent more income per employee than Goldman Sachs,

Anonymous

40 Percent Quotes #828982
#69. Iran's economy is now shrinking by 1 percent a year. Its oil production is down 40 percent.

Susan Rice

40 Percent Quotes #828032
#70. I have more CDs than 99 percent of America, but fewer CDs than 40 percent of my friends; if an acquaintance has more CDs than me, I feel intimidated and emasculated. I think any my CDs a lot. I find it oddly reassuring to look at them when I'm intoxicated.

Chuck Klosterman

40 Percent Quotes #790400
#71. We don't want to be prejudging outcomes here," she said of US opposition to scientific guidelines for rich nations to cut emissions by 25-40 percent below 1990 levels by 2020. "We dont want to be predetermining what will come out of this process.

Paula Dobriansky

40 Percent Quotes #773396
#72. When I came to M.I.T. in 1960, only 4 percent of the students were female. Today, it's about 40 percent of undergraduates. At Lincoln Lab, they had 1,000 men and two women. But we had a very good boss, and he treated us just like everybody else.

Mildred S. Dresselhaus

40 Percent Quotes #753752
#73. A growing number of Muslims in America, more than 40 percent are African-American

Charles Bierbauer

40 Percent Quotes #673685
#74. This is what oligarchy looks like: Today, the top one-tenth of 1 percent owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent. The top one-hundredth of 1 percent makes more than 40 percent of all campaign contributions. The billionaire class owns the political system and reaps the benefits from it.

Bernie Sanders

40 Percent Quotes #716314
#75. Wives of ballplayers, when they teach their children their prayers, should instruct them to say: God bless mommy, God bless daddy, and God bless Babe Ruth! He's upped daddy's paycheck by 15 to 40 percent!

Waite Hoyt

40 Percent Quotes #503106
#76. If I'm doing a play, 30 to 40 percent of the people that come to the stage door have pictures of 'Alien' for me to autograph. And usually, the photos are pretty gory ones.

John Hurt

40 Percent Quotes #519474
#77. In my book [Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age], I argue that we're vulnerable to technologies.There's a 40 percent decline in all markers for empathy among college students, with most of it taking place in the past years.

Judy Woodruff

40 Percent Quotes #528571
#78. Only 74 percent of professional women will rejoin the workforce in any capacity, and only 40 percent will return to full-time jobs [after taking time out of the workforce to raise children]. Those who rejoin will often see their earnings decrease dramatically.

Sheryl Sandberg

40 Percent Quotes #579996
#79. I should say many things. Mexico has been one of the losers of the 20th century. We tried many different alternatives to development and unfortunately we have 40 percent of the population poor; we have a per capita income that is extremely low.

Vicente Fox

40 Percent Quotes #586818
#80. Others point to data showing that even as toddlers, 40 percent of American two-year-olds watch TV for at least three hours a day - hours they are not interacting with people who can help them learn to get along better. The more TV they watch, the more unruly they are by school age.

Daniel Goleman

40 Percent Quotes #593896
#81. If the most liberal man that's ever been in office can get elected when 20 percent of the population identifies as liberal then I think we can elect a conservative when 40 percent of the population identifies themselves as conservative.

Rick Santorum

40 Percent Quotes #619481
#82. Fifty-five percent of people use the same password across most Web sites, and 40 percent don't even bother to use one at all on their smart phones.

Marc Goodman

40 Percent Quotes #664611
#83. The vast majority (over 80 percent) of fast-food and similar low wage service jobs (<$9.24/hr) are held by adults. A quarter are adults over 40. Another quarter are moms raising kids.

David Rolf

40 Percent Quotes #1849482
#84. For-profit weather forecasters rarely predict exactly a 50 percent chance of rain, which might seem wishy-washy and indecisive to consumers.41 Instead, they'll flip a coin and round up to 60, or down to 40, even though this makes the forecasts both less accurate and

Nate Silver

40 Percent Quotes #1775848
#85. Top management should spend 40 to 50 percent of its time educating and motivating its people ...

Buck Rodgers

40 Percent Quotes #1652046
#86. Foreclosure is to no one's benefit. I've heard estimates that mortgage investors lose 40 to 50 percent on their investment if it goes into foreclosure.

Henry Paulson

40 Percent Quotes #1527666
#87. If you look at films about becoming a man, coming-of-age movies are made with 12-, 16-, 40-, 50-year-olds ... For a guy to feel like he's a 100 percent grown-up is almost like giving up. Like admitting that you're on your way into the grave.

Kevin Bacon

40 Percent Quotes #1517334
#88. Americans now know that housing prices can go down and they can go down by 10, 20, 30, and in some cases, 40 or 50 percent. We know they can go down. But five years ago, we thought they could only go up.

Bill Gross

40 Percent Quotes #1152351
#89. In the past 40 years, the United States lost more than a million farmers and ranchers. Many of our farmers are aging. Today, only nine percent of family farm income comes from farming, and more and more of our farmers are looking elsewhere for their primary source of income.

Tom Vilsack

40 Percent Quotes #1000267
#90. Medicine will be personalized and preventive: Your genome might predict that you have an 80 percent chance of breast cancer by the time you are 50, but if you take a preventive drug starting when you are 40, the chance will drop to 2 percent.

Leroy Hood

40 Percent Quotes #931446
#91. One tragic example of the loss of forests and then water is found in Ethiopia. The amount of its forested land has decreased from 40 to 1 percent in the last four decades. Concurrently, the amount of rainfall has declined to the point where the country is rapidly becoming a wasteland.

Al Gore

40 Percent Quotes #858901
#92. During the twentieth century, America recorded its highest percentage of foreign-born residents in 1910: 14.7 percent of the population. A century later, about 40 million people or nearly 13 percent of Americans today are foreign-born citizens.

Joseph S. Nye Jr.

40 Percent Quotes #774004
#93. One poll shows that by 61 percent to 29 percent Americans under 40 say that Social Security needs to be fixed.

Virginia Foxx

40 Percent Quotes #771264
#94. The results have consistently suggested that introversion and extroversion, like other major personality traits such as agreeableness and conscientiousness, are about 40 to 50 percent heritable.

Susan Cain

40 Percent Quotes #681428
#95. There are about 300,000 neighborhoods in the United States, and more than half of them have at least one millionaire living there. Most millionaires drive American cars. Out of the top 30 or 40 makes and models, Ford is number one, with about 10 percent of the market share.

Thomas J. Stanley

40 Percent Quotes #489833
#96. I am every single day talking with and working with people in my district who are seeing their health care insurance costs go up five times, 105 percent, 300 percent, that are getting pay cuts, that are losing 40-hour workweeks, that are having to work two and three jobs.

Marsha Blackburn

40 Percent Quotes #320323
#97. Ninety percent of cancers are curable in stage one. We spend billions of dollars and over 40 years searching for a cure, and we're not really that close. So why aren't we teaching people the only cure we have now? Early detection is one sh**ty year, versus the rest of your life.

Yael Cohen

40 Percent Quotes #117403
#98. I like multinational companies. They may have 40 to 60 percent of their engines of growth in the United States, but I do like the diversification of being more global.

Laurence D. Fink

40 Percent Quotes #81038

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top