Top 88 5 Months Quotes

#1. The [Motion Picture Production Code] took effect on March 31, 1930, 5 months too late to prevent the Wall Street Crash, but early enough to keep The Sixties from happening until approximately 1964. (When America fell victim to the British Invasion).

Stephen Colbert

5 Months Quotes #1465507
#2. AirBnB spent 5 months interviewing their first employee, before they hired someone and in their first year, they only hired 2 people.

Sam Altman

5 Months Quotes #734223
#3. Three months later, on September 5, 2001, at a pro-am event preceding the Canadian Open at the Royal Montreal Golf Club, I was invited to play a round with Tiger Woods. Nothing in the game of politics had ever been as nerve-racking as that game of golf.

Jean Chretien

5 Months Quotes #565268
#4. The good thing about being an actress is that it's very children-friendly. I can work for three months and then I can have six months off. And then I can work for six months and have six months off.

Gal Gadot

5 Months Quotes #19758
#5. If diamonds are a girl's best friend, I wonder if blood diamonds are a girl's best friend 5 days out of the month?

Chelsea Handler

5 Months Quotes #301904
#6. I did a film that I shot in 24 hours that was self-financed for $5,000. It was a feature called Looking For Jimmy that I shot with a bunch of friends. I spent eight months editing because we had 24 hours of footage that made no sense and I learned a lot about directing while editing that film.

Julie Delpy

5 Months Quotes #190658
#7. I learned to knit in 2002, six months after my 5-year-old daughter, Grace, died suddenly from a virulent form of strep. I was unable to read or write, and friends suggested I take up knitting; almost immediately I fell under its spell.

Ann Hood

5 Months Quotes #158053
#8. Lord, you're the only one I can truly confide in without you judging me, or throwing dirt back in my face months later.

Colishia S. Benjamin

5 Months Quotes #32241
#9. Your dad's story is over. In six months or a year, this will be done for him. He won't be dealing with the consequences of what you choose to do now. You will. So you make this decision based on what you need.

Jason Schmidt

5 Months Quotes #32184
#10. A human lifespan is less than a thousand months long. You need to make some time to think how to live it.

A.C. Grayling

5 Months Quotes #31565
#11. Being on the cover of a magazine with my son is the best thing ever. It took me 18 years to get my first cover, he gets one at 8 months.

Cindy Margolis

5 Months Quotes #31367
#12. Why can't a state that launches cosmonauts into space provide enough eggs and milk for its city children during the winter months?

Harrison Salisbury

5 Months Quotes #30365
#13. If, in a few months, I'm only number 8 or number 10 in the world, I'll have to look at what off-the-court work I can do. I will need to do something if I want to be number 1.

John McEnroe

5 Months Quotes #29332
#14. If the goal you've set for yourself has a 100 percent chance of success, then frankly you aren't aiming high enough.

Benny Lewis

5 Months Quotes #28830
#15. Ty Tryon made a lot of money after turning pro, but he might not have been ready. I don't want to make a lot of money for a couple of months and then not be ready.

Michelle Wie

5 Months Quotes #28563
#16. Why is it our business whether Sarah Palin returned to her job as governor three days after her son was born, or three months? Is there a right answer?

Susan Estrich

5 Months Quotes #27737
#17. A statesman wants courage and a statesman wants vision; but believe me, after six months' experience, he wants first, second, third and all the time - patience.

Stanley Baldwin

5 Months Quotes #27661
#18. Did you ever notice they never take any fat hostages? You never see a guy coming out of Lebanon going: I was held hostage for seven months and I lost 175 pounds, I feel good and I look good and I learned self-discipline. That's the important thing.

Denis Leary

5 Months Quotes #27548
#19. It's always gratifying to share a hobby with a friend, and pining for erstwhile suitors falls into that category. In the months to come, Libby and I would analyze our respective exes with the gusto and intellectual rigor of Jesuits.

Patricia Marx

5 Months Quotes #26871
#20. My wife had only been dead for a few months, and already random ass women were trying to fill her shoes.

Jessica N. Watkins

5 Months Quotes #25854
#21. The average american spends six months of his or her life waiting for red lights to turn green. six months wasted, waiting for permission to move on.

Megan McCafferty

5 Months Quotes #23733
#22. A friendship will be young after the lapse of half a century; a passion is old at the end of three months.

Sophie Swetchine

5 Months Quotes #22746
#23. As well as being blind, Ma turned out to have the same mental illness that her mother had had. Between 1986 and 1990, she suffered six schizophrenic bouts, each requiring her to be institutionalised for up to three months.

Liz Murray

5 Months Quotes #19799
#24. My lifelong involvement with Mrs Dempster began at 5:58 o'clock p.m. on 27 December 1908, at which time I was ten years and seven months old.

Robertson Davies

5 Months Quotes #1828499
#25. If I don't have at least 4 or 5 failures a month, I feel like I'm not trying hard enough

Ramit Sethi

5 Months Quotes #1119648
#26. I run 5 miles every night. It's where I go to digest my day, hash out the multitude of information that's been poured into me in the last wild six months or so, and to try and condense it down to some sort of cohesive strategy to live my life by.

Ryan Holiday

5 Months Quotes #1793580
#27. Efficiency innovations provide return on investment in 12-18 months. Empowering innovations take 5-10 years to yield a return. We have ample capital - oceans of capital - that is being reinvested into efficiency innovation.

Clayton Christensen

5 Months Quotes #1515252
#28. I assisted with Russ [Manning] for about eleven months and my day job for 5 days a week was credit manager and paint salesman for Sherwin-Williams.

Mike Royer

5 Months Quotes #1432323
#29. I just went off for two months traveling around Europe on a motorcycle and pretty much turned my phone off. I did 5,000 miles with my dad. We went through Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Italy ... and then I did Spain and France by myself.

Michael Fassbender

5 Months Quotes #1426398
#30. Clients have no trouble paying $5,800 for an hour in a Gulfstream corporate jet or $425 for a month of parking. But God forbid they spend $3 per on a glossy annual report.

Bill Cahan

5 Months Quotes #1414878
#31. When it was time to board my flight, I took one last glance back. I knew that I had everything with me so it was not a "make sure I have everything" glance. It was more like a parting glance to Philadelphia, my home, America- for I would not be coming back for ten months. (Ch 5- Twenty in Paris)

Andrea Bouchaud

5 Months Quotes #1387722
#32. When I'm writing, which is 8-9 months out of the year, I'm in a concerted writing pace, where I work 5 days a week for at least a few hours a day, maybe a little bit more. But I won't work for more than 2 hours at a time. I'll work for a couple hours and take a break.

Amy Ray

5 Months Quotes #1285275
#33. I grew really fast. It's true I went from 5'6" to 6'1" in six months in 8th grade. By the end of 8th grade, I was 6'1". Everyone was freaking out.

Dot Jones

5 Months Quotes #1247853
#34. It was pretty extensive - we worked out 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 3 months, which I think is more than anybody in the Olympics. I thought well I don't need this, the girls need it, but it was a gift.

David Carradine

5 Months Quotes #1142333
#35. another billion deaths in the months that followed from mass starvation - from a mere 1.5-megaton regional nuclear war.

Richard Rhodes

5 Months Quotes #1122579
#36. I'm not saying M.B.A.s can't be great entrepreneurs. They can. But you don't need a degree to figure out it's costing you $5,000 per month to run your business, so you need $30,000 to keep it going for six more months.

Fred Wilson

5 Months Quotes #590524
#37. It is possible to become world-class, enter the top 5% of performers in the world, in almost any subject within 6-12 months, or even 6-12 weeks.

Timothy Ferriss

5 Months Quotes #1116862
#38. After the age of seven, I began living between my dad in Alaska and my mother in Baltimore. Every three or four months, I would fly the 5,000 miles between the two. And having grown up in Alaska, Baltimore was astonishing.

Leigh Newman

5 Months Quotes #1100529
#39. If you're going to spend seven months of your life - for me seven months, for Roland Emmerich, 3, 4, 5 years of his life - doing something, I think you have to have something to say.

Jake Gyllenhaal

5 Months Quotes #1083270
#40. I became deaf when I was 18 months old. And I learned to sign when I was 5 years old.

Marlee Matlin

5 Months Quotes #1055265
#41. In the United States, 25 percent of all Medicare spending is for the 5 percent of patients who are in their final year of life, and most of that money goes for care in their last couple of months that is of little apparent benefit.

Atul Gawande

5 Months Quotes #988383
#42. It was when my children were 5, 3 and 10 months old that I just felt the desperate need to get to know God through the pages of my Bible. And as a result, I started a Bible class in my city for the primary purpose of being in it.

Anne Graham Lotz

5 Months Quotes #794636
#43. For films, the process is that you work consistently and constantly for 3-4 months and then leave; whereas for a play, you prepare for about a month and then continue performing it for 5 to 6 months.

Satya Bhabha

5 Months Quotes #789171
#44. I worked with the same trainer that worked with Denzel Washington in THe Hurricane. It was three months of training, five days a week, 4 to 5 hours a day. This was followed by a month of choreography.

Wentworth Miller

5 Months Quotes #670662
#45. The Great Bubble ended on March 10, 2000 (though we didn't realize that fact until some months later). On that day, the NASDAQ (recently 1,731) hit its all-time high of 5,132. That same day, Berkshire shares traded at $40,800, their lowest price since mid-1997.

Warren Buffett

5 Months Quotes #663739
#46. It's weird: making a movie is like life compacted into three months. You have these very intense relationships with people, and you talk to them every day - your editor, the casting people, music people, your actors - then it ends. It's like a circus life.

Dito Montiel

5 Months Quotes #3867
#47. The history of man for the nine months preceding his birth would, probably, be far more interesting and contain events of greater moment than all the three score and ten years that follow it.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

5 Months Quotes #9692
#48. On the 28th the ship's company received two months pay in advance, and on the following morning we worked out to St. Helen's, where we were obliged to anchor.

William Bligh

5 Months Quotes #8526
#49. What a lot of people don't understand is that the music that they're hearing is usually months, and in some cases, years old. So I'm a lot better than whatever material people have been hearing.

JD Era

5 Months Quotes #8481
#50. Shooting a season can be a grind. It can be seven to eight months of work. Once you stop, it slows down any momentum you had.

Cress Williams

5 Months Quotes #7812
#51. His eyesight was possessed by the colours of trauma, cracking and bubbling like an old Super Eight film to remind him of his near-death drowning some two months ago in that very moment when he needed to act.

Luke Taylor

5 Months Quotes #6830
#52. When I was very young in London, I had a bank account, which didn't have a great deal in it. I should think at least every three months the bank manager would call me up and threaten to strangle me because I had no money, and I was writing checks.

Peter Mayle

5 Months Quotes #5414
#53. A few months ago, and again this week, bin Laden publicly vowed to publicly wage a terrorist war against America, saying, and I quote, "We do not differentiate between those dressed in military uniforms and civilians. They're all targets." Their mission is murder, and their history is bloody.

William J. Clinton

5 Months Quotes #4684
#54. Chemistry cannot be manufactured or forced, so Wild Flag was not a sure thing, it was a 'maybe,' a 'possibility.' But after a handful of practice sessions, spread out over a period of months, I think we all realized that we could be greater than the sum of our parts.

Carrie Brownstein

5 Months Quotes #4676
#55. The band's never taken a year off. Last August we decided to take one, and three months in I was bored to tears.

Steven Tyler

5 Months Quotes #4411
#56. I wrote 'The Kiss' 12 hours a day for six months.

Kathryn Harrison

5 Months Quotes #4007
#57. What was striking about Ms. Wilson, and was also true of the other outsiders who volunteered their time that day, was that she spoke to us prisoners with great respect, as if our lives ahead had hope and meaning and possibility. After all these months at Danbury, this was a shocking novelty.

Piper Kerman

5 Months Quotes #10259
#58. about seven months ago. Now we have these guys.

Michael Connelly

5 Months Quotes #2231
#59. My son was three months old when I started filming 'The Hobbit,' and I was still breastfeeding.

Evangeline Lilly

5 Months Quotes #2176
#60. For months she had been everywhere, now she was nowhere.

Jerry Spinelli

5 Months Quotes #1991
#61. I did a play I think my first six months on the show, called Bullpen. Then I got involved with Theater Forty and did this play called Plastic which is about two male models coming to a casting call.

Austin Peck

5 Months Quotes #1951
#62. You can go a month without food, you can live three days without water, but you can't go more then sixty seconds without HOPE.

Sean Swarner

5 Months Quotes #1361
#63. In the terrible years of the Yezhov terror I spent seventeen months waiting in line outside the prison in Leningrad. One day somebody in the crowd identified me ... and asked me in a whisper ... "Can you describe this?" And I said: "I can."

Anna Akhmatova

5 Months Quotes #1082
#64. There was a precarious balance during those crucial months between composition and decomposition - what the world gained and what a great city lost. Even then, some part of Detroit was dying, and that is where the story begins.

David Maraniss

5 Months Quotes #744
#65. About six months ago, I listened to Siamese Dream. That was the first time I'd ever really heard my own album, because I had separated from the experience of making the record. And it really moved me. It made me cry, it's so beautiful.

Billy Corgan

5 Months Quotes #659
#66. There's no way that I could do a 9 to 5 job. There's no way. I was not cut out for that. You come in and you work for three months on the one job. They say, 'Great,' you know, and you're on to the next one - and you never even got fired. It's wonderful.

Dennis Quaid

5 Months Quotes #496
#67. No. Sorry. You have spent months being the biggest jerk to me. You don't get to decide to like me one day and think I will forget that. I want someone to care for me like my dad cared for my mom. And you aren't him.

Jennifer L. Armentrout

5 Months Quotes #495
#68. I didn't want people to wait six months to get the clothes, I wanted a very immediate, real feel to it. You see it one night, the next morning you can go and buy the same outfit!

Esteban Cortazar

5 Months Quotes #14353
#69. The defeat of the Americans in Canada and the advantages gained by the British arms in the Jerseys, and indeed for some months in every other quarter, gave to the royal cause an air of triumph.

Mercy Otis Warren

5 Months Quotes #19450
#70. After two months of hanging out in The Spoon's production room, Georgie was 53 percent sure that Neal liked her.

Rainbow Rowell

5 Months Quotes #19110
#71. We all are faced by problems of 'How am I going to get the rent?' or 'Am I going to have this job six months from now?' It's very difficult to define in your life a victory.

Michael A. Stackpole

5 Months Quotes #18507
#72. Apparently I had lunch with Johnny Depp when I was three months old.

Alice Englert

5 Months Quotes #17485
#73. Shawn rested his head against the seat then turned to talk to Sarah. "It's your birthday tomorrow." "Ruby Tuesday's thought it was three months ago." "Ruby Tuesday's has a touch of dementia.

Nina Post

5 Months Quotes #17381
#74. When you work with the same people for 10 years, they become family. Now when I see them - it might not be for nine months - but when I see them, it's great.

Molly Sims

5 Months Quotes #17280
#75. I was at Ford for 32 years. I went to Chrysler in 1978, four or five months after I got canned by Henry Ford.

Lee Iacocca

5 Months Quotes #16524
#76. I had a very outdoorsy childhood. I was athletic and used to ride and do dressage. I could ride almost before I could walk. There is a picture of me at 18 months old sitting happily on the back of a donkey.

Alison Jackson

5 Months Quotes #16401
#77. If I have gained anything over these months, it is the knowledge there is no starting over- only living with the mistakes you've made.

Jodi Picoult

5 Months Quotes #15757
#78. I think it's fun to have people see everything at once, and then I think certain shows are very well-suited to being on every week and being spread out over months.

Judd Apatow

5 Months Quotes #14714
#79. My shower at home would then be for weekends only and would probably only need to be cleaned every few months.

Mark Tucker

5 Months Quotes #19670
#80. I've done the being-miserable-apart thing for the last three months and it blows. I'm ready to try the scared-shitless-together part.

Georgia Cates

5 Months Quotes #14232
#81. In America, when you bring an idea to market, you usually have several months before competition pops up, allowing you to capture significant market share. In China, you can have hundreds of competitors within the first hours of going live. Ideas are not important in China - execution is.

Ma Huateng

5 Months Quotes #13618
#82. You spend months barely acknowledging someone's existence and then BOOM, you're emotionally addicted to her. Science would probably blame it on chemicals, genetics or something equally logical, but it didn't feel like anything logical

C.K. Kelly Martin

5 Months Quotes #13248
#83. We hope to stop the transmission in six to nine months

Margaret Chan

5 Months Quotes #12949
#84. Milk contains growth hormones designed by Mother Nature to put a few hundred pounds on a baby calf within a few months.

Michael Greger

5 Months Quotes #12869
#85. For those 10 months back in Afghanistan after university, I felt I had no rights. It felt like I didn't exist. It was like I was their doll, and I was lost, somehow. My sister's husband brought me to an art gallery. It had a big effect on me.

Malina Suliman

5 Months Quotes #12067
#86. The last time I glanced at the library books on the kitchen shelf they were more than five months overdue, and I wondered whether I would have chosen differently if I had known that these were the last books, the ones which would stand forever on our kitchen shelf.

Shirley Jackson

5 Months Quotes #11200
#87. I was born at six months, and I weighed 900 grams [less than two pounds]. I have a very heroic birth story.

Etgar Keret

5 Months Quotes #10975
#88. 'The Client List' is my baby. I always tell people, 'It took nine months to put this project together because it is my baby.' And, it really did take that long!

Jennifer Love Hewitt

5 Months Quotes #10646

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top