Top 100 4 Feathers Quotes

#1. Why am I covered in feathers

Stephenie Meyer

4 Feathers Quotes #324438
#2. Love is love, wherever you may find it - even when it's covered in feathers.

Alan Bradley

4 Feathers Quotes #393147
#3. Light as feathers the witches fly,
The horn of the moon is plain to see;
By a firefly under a jonquil flower
A goblin toasts a bumble-bee.

Katherine Mansfield

4 Feathers Quotes #388885
#4. This is what art is all about. It is weaving fabric from the feathers you have plucked from your own breast. But no one must ever see the process - only the finished bolt of goods. They must never suspect that that crimson thread running through the pattern is blood.

Katherine Paterson

4 Feathers Quotes #387212
#5. A book is like a man - clever and dull, brave and cowardly, beautiful and
ugly. For every flowering thought there will be a page like a wet and mangy
mongrel, and for every looping flight a tap on the wing and a reminder that wax
cannot hold the feathers firm too near the sun.

John Steinbeck

4 Feathers Quotes #377955
#6. I've found rumors have much in common with feathers. It's rare that either holds much weight.

Morgan Rhodes

4 Feathers Quotes #372834
#7. His hair is like feathers.

Markus Zusak

4 Feathers Quotes #368066
#8. Michael understood. "Not really. My gear is mostly blindfolds, feathers, and shit I got from the pet store. All the good stuff is expensive." There were online catalogs full of it. Leather and metal. Gags and hoods and cuffs and rope. That's what you really needed when the zombies came.

Amelia Beamer

4 Feathers Quotes #367150
#9. Deep in the muddled darkness six copper pheasant feathers glowed in a cradle of blackthorn.

Helen Macdonald

4 Feathers Quotes #366100
#10. I think it's very good music composed by a human composer and sung by two birds with two feet and no feathers!

Alexandre Dumas

4 Feathers Quotes #364052
#11. That's the beauty of it. Have you seen the contraptions these magicians build to accomplish the most mundane feats? They are a bunch of fish covered in feathers trying to convince the public they can fly, I am simply a bird in their midst.

Erin Morgenstern

4 Feathers Quotes #357791
#12. Olivia reminds me of a bird sometimes, how her feathers get all ruffled when she's mad. and when she's fragile like this, she's a little lost bird looking for its nest.

R.J. Palacio

4 Feathers Quotes #350433
#13. Hope is not the thing with feathers. Hope is an anchor. What keeps you from floating away. Despair is weightless.

Matt Greene

4 Feathers Quotes #339631
#14. Ocean into tempest wrought, To waft a feather, or to drown a fly.

Edward Young

4 Feathers Quotes #395430
#15. soft. Her hand was so soft, like cat fur, like bird feathers, like...everything soft he could think of. Her thumb caressing the corner of his mouth and her lips when they first touched his were tentative.

Bonnie Dee

4 Feathers Quotes #316749
#16. Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.

Jean Paul Friedrich Richter

4 Feathers Quotes #308592
#17. Is this your bedroom?" she asked, and turned to look at him. Myrnin straightened and jammed the big red floppy hat back on his head. The feathers waved back and forth.
"Don't get any ideas," he said. "I'm far too young and innocent for that kind of thinking.

Rachel Caine

4 Feathers Quotes #306745
#18. I'm one of those people who was taught not to ruffle any feathers. Of course, I have no problem ruffling feathers.

Anne Heche

4 Feathers Quotes #290430
#19. Twice I flushed grouse, always a terrifying experience: an instantaneous explosion from the undergrowth at your feet, like balled socks fired from a gun, followed by drifting feathers and a lingering residue of fussy, bitching noise. I

Bill Bryson

4 Feathers Quotes #285179
#20. It was the kind of sword that would make a lifelong pacifist look for tall boots and a hat with feathers.

Ilona Andrews

4 Feathers Quotes #285107
#21. He looked at the sky and saw the white cumulus built like friendly piles of ice cream and high above were the thin feathers of the cirrus against the high September sky.

Ernest Hemingway,

4 Feathers Quotes #283733
#22. Oh, you poor angel. I know I joke, but I think perhaps you are a few feathers short of a wing.

Ashlan Thomas

4 Feathers Quotes #280540
#23. But the only thing worse than remembering the feel of Rose in his arms, the softness of her black and white feathers, the sound of her voice when she sang quietly to herself, would be forgetting it.

Melissa Grey

4 Feathers Quotes #276199
#24. And if that only inflames your curiosity, I say to you, a writer without curiosity is a bird without feathers.

Jeff Salyards

4 Feathers Quotes #252623
#25. Touch my baby and I will string you up by your ankles, bird. I will pluck your feathers one by one then douse you in some flour and seasoning before I deep fry you a crispy golden brown.

Eve Langlais

4 Feathers Quotes #232351
#26. Life without love is like a bird without feathers. Life without love is like a butterfly without wings it's the saddest of things.
"In this life I can live without many things love is not on that list

Charles W. Warner

4 Feathers Quotes #442653
#27. Llium snorted. "I look like a damned duck." His words weren't far off the mark. The feathers that had grown over the injured section were soft, white, and delicately ... fluffy. "I hope to hell these baby feathers fall off and get replaced by real ones. They will, won't they?" He sounded worried.

Nalini Singh

4 Feathers Quotes #509259
#28. it was "the hardest damn thing I ever did in my life. I don't care how many feathers a man wears in his hair, he's still a man. One of them, Red Legs, looked at me and said 'do you think this is fair? Would you sign such a paper?' and I could not meet his eyes. It made me sick.

Michael Crichton

4 Feathers Quotes #504405
#29. No matter that we could be beheaded for this," said Esa. "Heads are overrated."
"Yes, they are so unfashionable," said Miri, imitating an Aslandian accent. "This spring, ladies of style are wearing their feathers in their necks.

Shannon Hale

4 Feathers Quotes #494852
#30. Feathers. Bloody hell, he hadn't seen that one coming when he'd considered his future. Like a goddamn chicken.

Karen Marie Moning

4 Feathers Quotes #479972
#31. I thought women liked to be thought strange and mysterious." "No, they just like to look strange and mysterious. When you get past all the boa feathers, every woman born in this world wants a strong man who knows her like a book, who's not only her lover but he who keepeth Israel.

Harper Lee

4 Feathers Quotes #468443
#32. He worked night and day. He made a coat that would transform him; he would be more than a man; a winged creature, beautiful as light. All the birds brought him feathers. Even the eagle. Even the swan.

Catherine Fisher

4 Feathers Quotes #465859
#33. I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should only be, as is generally accepted, 'don't try to fly too high,' or whether it might also be thought of as 'forget the wax and feathers, and do a better job on the wings.

Stanley Kubrick

4 Feathers Quotes #464146
#34. In six thousand years, you could never grow wings on a reptile. With sixty million, however, you could have feathers, too.

John McPhee

4 Feathers Quotes #456538
#35. Programming is the art of doing one thing at a time

Michael C. Feathers

4 Feathers Quotes #454864
#36. but because she had at once classed him in that catalogue of bipeds whom Plato endeavors to withdraw from the appellation of men, and whom Diogenes designated as animals upon two legs without feathers. Unfortunately,

Alexandre Dumas

4 Feathers Quotes #451705
#37. I can phrase it as a question if it will make your feathers lie flat.

Leigh Bardugo

4 Feathers Quotes #447121
#38. Christians, be steadier in what you do, not blown like feathers at the wind's discretion, nor think that every water cleanses you...

Dante Alighieri

4 Feathers Quotes #446478
#39. A FEATHER.
A feather is trimmed, it is trimmed by the light and the bug and the post, it is trimmed by little leaning and by all sorts of mounted reserves and loud volumes. It is surely cohesive.

Gertrude Stein

4 Feathers Quotes #227265
#40. Feathers fell from the sky. Like black snow, they drifted onto an old city called Bath.

Stefan Bachmann

4 Feathers Quotes #437115
#41. was a bird. A bird struggling through stickiness: a bird coated in paint, floundering in its nest, splashing color everywhere. Red. Red. Red. Dozens of them: black feathers coated thickly with crimson-colored paint, fluttering among the branches. Red

Lauren Oliver

4 Feathers Quotes #435333
#42. [Cat] found a complete set of the works of Edgar Allan Poe, with little tabs of paper sticking out. The were scrawled over with the witch's comments to herself, "Fun!" "Try this, but with exploding feathers!" and "Gotta love him
deeply sick.

Gregory Maguire

4 Feathers Quotes #434867
#43. Beautiful women rarely possess sufficient depth of character to survive without their pretty feathers.

Karen Marie Moning

4 Feathers Quotes #432900
#44. Little James Herondale, age two, was in fact holding a dagger quite well. He stabbed it into a sofa cushion, sending out a burst of feathers.
"Ducks," he said, pointing at the feathers.

Cassandra Clare

4 Feathers Quotes #427316
#45. Sometimes goldfinches one by one will drop From low hung branches; little space they stop; But sip, and twitter, and their feathers sleek; Then off at once, as in a wanton freak: Or perhaps, to show their black, and golden wings Pausing upon their yellow flutterings.

John Keats

4 Feathers Quotes #425917
#46. Silence fell like a hammer made of feathers. It left holes in the shape of the sound of the sea.

Terry Pratchett

4 Feathers Quotes #408905
#47. I enjoy how women dressed in the 1920s with the shimmering jewels and rich feathers.

Janelle Monae

4 Feathers Quotes #403179
#48. (By the way, I would not recommend stuffing your pillow with vulture feathers. They're not very comfy.)

Rick Riordan

4 Feathers Quotes #402202
#49. Now Suzanne takes your hand
and she leads you to the river
She is wearing rags and feathers
from Salvation Army counters
And the sun pours down like honey
on our lady of the harbour
And she shows you where to look
among the garbage and the flowers

Leonard Cohen

4 Feathers Quotes #401643
#50. A flock of flirting flamingos is pure, passionate, pink pandemonium-a frenetic flamingle-mangle-a discordant discotheque of delirious dancing, flamboyant feathers, and flamingo lingo.

Charley Harper

4 Feathers Quotes #401052
#51. I am a feather for each wind that blows

William Shakespeare

4 Feathers Quotes #44159
#52. Before I could retrieve the bullet off the floor, Helsing jumped down, grabbed it in his mouth, and raced to tuck it under the purple pillow in his bed, where he also kept Gloria's feathers. Then he crouched, glowering, as if daring any of us to take it away. Great. My cat was a hoarder.

A&E Kirk

4 Feathers Quotes #101589
#53. Worry is an old man with bended head, carrying a load of feathers which he thinks are lead.

Corrie Ten Boom

4 Feathers Quotes #99639
#54. The way to handle people is to treat them like chickens. Take away everything they have by plucking all their feathers and then throw them a few bread crumbs. They will then follow you forever.

Joseph Stalin

4 Feathers Quotes #98959
#55. Today on the way home, it snows. Big, soft caressing flakes fall onto our skin like cold moths; the air fills with feathers.

Margaret Atwood

4 Feathers Quotes #96694
#56. I wanted to ruffle this man's pretty feathers. Then I wanted to pluck them out and make a fancy headband.

Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

4 Feathers Quotes #94956
#57. I confess, as much as I enjoyed you in breeches, you hold up that gown rather well."
"You truly have stopped tying to be charming."
"You're the most ravishing creature in the world, sweet Rue, even when hidden behind feathers and beads. How was that?

Shana Abe

4 Feathers Quotes #91711
#58. PORTUGUESE, n.pl. A species of geese indigenous to Portugal. They are mostly without feathers and imperfectly edible, even when stuffed with garlic.

Ambrose Bierce

4 Feathers Quotes #89540
#59. Don't judge a bird by its feathers;
judge it by how high it can fly.

Matshona Dhliwayo

4 Feathers Quotes #81252
#60. There is a limit for everything. You can't just load tons and tons of peacock feathers in a cart considering it's light weight. If you do, it will damage the axle of the cart.

Thiruvalluvar

4 Feathers Quotes #72470
#61. Asking a peacock to pull out his feathers was a hard thing to do.

Tarryn Fisher

4 Feathers Quotes #70374
#62. Only the chicken-lover will understand me. He will give me a kindly look, maybe mildly desirous. His eyes will tell me: You might look a lot better with some reddish-brown feathers.

John Irving

4 Feathers Quotes #63703
#63. But my very latest discovery made me feel better. I had found that every rooster has his own Spain and he has it under his feathers.

Nikolai Gogol

4 Feathers Quotes #52267
#64. I should have known you were no better than the rest of them. You are only a man, you do not have the ability to control yourself, but she," Lady Catherine nodded sagely, "she knew exactly what she was doing. Fluffing her feathers and shaking her tail for you! It was disgraceful!

Elizabeth Adams

4 Feathers Quotes #102246
#65. Daniel's voice brushed along my cheek like dark feathers, like a long night wind coming down from some far mountain. Take what you want and pay for it, says God.

Tana French

4 Feathers Quotes #42770
#66. Devils are depicted with bats' wings and good angels with birds' wings, not because anyone holds that moral deterioration would be likely to turn feathers into membrane, but because most men like birds better than bats.

C.S. Lewis

4 Feathers Quotes #41228
#67. You are such a chicken. Bock. Bock. Bock.
He refused to allow her very bad chicken impression to ruffle his feathers. He was above petty name-calling.

Christine Feehan

4 Feathers Quotes #39264
#68. I bet souls are better than down feathers. The good ones, anyway.

Shannon Wiersbitzky

4 Feathers Quotes #30706
#69. Feathers are light; but when they come together, they become heavy!

Mehmet Murat Ildan

4 Feathers Quotes #29097
#70. A bird painted not with beauty but with all the dirt and wounds collected in a long hard life, in battle, in love, with torn feathers and a busted leg and a chipped beak and one of its eyes half closed; and yet a bird of deeper loveliness for all of that.

Jeff Noon

4 Feathers Quotes #27535
#71. This couldn't be just a lake. No real water was ever blue like that. A light breeze stirred the pin-cherry tree beside the window, ruffled the feathers of a fat sea gull promenading on the pink rocks below. The breeze was full of evergreen spice.

Dorothy Maywood Bird

4 Feathers Quotes #18731
#72. Why am I covered in feathers?"
"I bit a pillow, or two.

Stephenie Meyer

4 Feathers Quotes #18642
#73. Movement is most of what a bird is. When they're dead, they're only feathers and air.

William Wharton

4 Feathers Quotes #15881
#74. The feathers have been retired to the London Hard Rock Cafe. I don't obsess about it as much. Also, it's strange - the better physical shape I get in, the less I care about what suit I'm covering myself up in. I'm not really out to flaunt it, but I'm just more comfortable in my own skin.

Brandon Flowers

4 Feathers Quotes #13796
#75. What need for feathers now? What need to confirm their loss? While the womb-red sky swelled with the promise of tomorrow, and he rode the warm, crimson currents, skimming, wheeling and gliding.

Georgina Anne Taylor

4 Feathers Quotes #8361
#76. I acknowledged Gabe and his attempts at flight the way a legless child might view a hopeful but misguided parent buying a house full of stairs. After a while, when Gabe offered me a morning greeting, it didn't feel like he was greeting me but rather a giant pair of wings; no girl, just feathers.

Leslye Walton

4 Feathers Quotes #178676
#77. In 1990, my wife and I were married in her village in southwestern Uganda. The festivities went on for three days, and all the while a couple of dozen gray-crowned cranes, with regal bonnets of sun-shot yellow feathers, were pecking and padding around in the adjacent savanna.

Alex Shoumatoff

4 Feathers Quotes #223513
#78. You may feel that you have eaten too much ... But this pastry is like
feathers - it is like snow. It is in fact good for you, a digestive!

Mary Francis Kennedy Fisher

4 Feathers Quotes #219550
#79. I'm always in favor of more glamour. I embarrass my children, I think. I am the lady in feathers in the car pool line.

Mia Sara

4 Feathers Quotes #212069
#80. Julia follows the beach, the sand that is so white it makes her doubt the beaches in Heaven could possibly be any whiter, the water like peacock feathers lapping at the shore, vivid green blue going hyacinth out where the sea starts getting deep.

Caitlin R. Kiernan

4 Feathers Quotes #211405
#81. Never ruffle the feathers of a spiteful woman because she will not only want to hurt you, but she will want to draw your blood. Yikes,

Mia Asher

4 Feathers Quotes #200334
#82. I don't know if it's animalistic or what, but men become like peacocks with their feathers up when women are around.

Bradley Cooper

4 Feathers Quotes #199431
#83. Soft feathers cannot make a cruel bird kind

Munia Khan

4 Feathers Quotes #199277
#84. No mortal ear could have heard the kelpie passing through the night, for the great black hooves of it were as soundless in their stride as feathers falling.

Mollie Hunter

4 Feathers Quotes #196024
#85. My friends call my style 'old man chic.' I wear loafers and stylish sweatpants. I love to stay comfortable, so I definitely funk it up, but I'm always comfortable. I wear lots of hats and feathers, and I kind of have a little obsession with Native American jewelry.

Hayley Kiyoko

4 Feathers Quotes #195029
#86. When the rains make your feathers wet, don't sit and cry and don't wait for your wet feathers to get dry before you start to fly; start flying and your wet feathers will start drying!

Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

4 Feathers Quotes #188969
#87. He turns to me and blinks. "You need to go to Kingston and I need the feathers of a snowy owl." He says it so plainly, so flat, like we're speaking about pizza toppings.

Anonymous

4 Feathers Quotes #184023
#88. It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.

Aesop

4 Feathers Quotes #181795
#89. Eros aimed one of his arrows at Medea, and drove it into her heart, up to the feathers.

Robert Graves

4 Feathers Quotes #5588
#90. I've always loved stories of animals and birds that can appear to be human, just by taking off their skins or their feathers.

Delia Sherman

4 Feathers Quotes #149285
#91. Don't depend on someone else's plumages to define your beauty. You have brighter and beautiful feathers. Just fly with them!

Israelmore Ayivor

4 Feathers Quotes #148013
#92. Okay, woman. Spit that canary out and wipe those feathers off your chin. What the heck happened to you? Last night you were crying over a laxative commercial on TV.

Katherine Allred

4 Feathers Quotes #131300
#93. These Indians are fierce, they wear feathers and grunt. Most of us dont fit this idealized figure since we grunt only when overeating

Vine Deloria Jr.

4 Feathers Quotes #128228
#94. It makes you realize how basically everything we do comes down to a) mating or b) competing for resources. It's just like Animal Planet, only we've got Cover Girl and Victoria's Secret instead of colored feathers and fancy markings, and the violence occurs at the Nordstrom's Half-Yearly Sale.

Deb Caletti

4 Feathers Quotes #127439
#95. Even the songbirds have levels of mercury in their blood and feathers.

Henri Cole

4 Feathers Quotes #126881
#96. I cut out construction paper feathers and taped them on my arms so I can fly! Pretty neat, huh?

Bill Watterson

4 Feathers Quotes #124189
#97. Penury was a matter of hard chairs and mean cushions; prosperity - old money - was a matter of feathers: an absurd reductionist view of it, but at times quite strikingly true.

Alexander McCall Smith

4 Feathers Quotes #116699
#98. Who eates the Kings Goose uoydes the feathers an hundred years after.
[Who eats the king's goose voids the feathers a hundred years after.]

George Herbert

4 Feathers Quotes #112514
#99. How can you fly? I mean you have wings. Feathers. Did you know you have wings?

Sally Painter

4 Feathers Quotes #111040
#100. Gabriel.
This has to be his fault, somehow. I'm going to track him down, pluck out his angel feathers, and stuff a pillow with them.

Lisa Desrochers

4 Feathers Quotes #110364

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top