Top 100 20 Years Ago Quotes

#1. In France today, people no longer eat as much heavy food and fat as they did 15 or 20 years ago. These days, French cooking, through the influence of 'grande cuisine,' has become a bit lighter. And we are beginning to discover the original flavors of our produce.

Joel Robuchon

20 Years Ago Quotes #5
#2. In Turkey it was always 1952, in Malaysia 1937; Afghanistan was 1910 and Bolivia 1949. It is 20 years ago in the Soviet Union, 10 in Norway, five in France. It is always last year in Australia and next week in Japan.

Paul Theroux

20 Years Ago Quotes #631
#3. One thing that took a while to really adjust to was, you do it for the the art, for the money, for being together and having a good time, but you do it for all those people out there who really care about the show. We are now talking about a show we did over 20 years ago.

Steve Kanaly

20 Years Ago Quotes #31479
#4. Everybody seems to have given up hope of trying. I haven't. It isn't easy and it isn't supposed to be, but I'm accomplishing something. How many people give up a lot to do something good. I'm sure we would have found a cure for cancer 20 years ago if we had really tried

Terry Fox

20 Years Ago Quotes #38759
#5. My first real foreign holiday was my honeymoon 20 years ago, and we went to Bali. It was particularly special for that reason, I enjoyed it very much - I had packed music scores and a practice drum pad, suspecting that I would be completely bored, but actually they remained in my case.

Evelyn Glennie

20 Years Ago Quotes #52625
#6. Once upon a time, about 20 years ago, runners believed they didn't have to do anything but run

Amby Burfoot

20 Years Ago Quotes #53391
#7. After granting amnesty to illegals 20 years ago, we have gone from 3 million illegals to 11 million illegals. Our government has been fooled once by this amnesty argument, let us not be fooled again.

Ric Keller

20 Years Ago Quotes #88671
#8. People like Arvo Part would not have been taken seriously 20 years ago.

Gavin Bryars

20 Years Ago Quotes #102044
#9. Nobody, 20 years ago, forecast the Internet.

Bryan Appleyard

20 Years Ago Quotes #130670
#10. We, Homo sapiens, destroyed the majority of the large mammalian species in North America and Australasia just over 10,000 years ago. We, Homo sapiens, now are destroying the other species that presently exist on this planet at a rate of about 15,000 to 20,000 per year.

Michael Smith

20 Years Ago Quotes #180840
#11. I was doing a play out in L.A. 20-some-odd years ago called 'Goose and Tomtom' by David Rabe, and somebody saw it and the next thing I know I'm doing the table read of the film version of 'Glengarry Glen Ross' with Al Pacino and Jack Lemmon - one of the great films of our generation.

Richard Schiff

20 Years Ago Quotes #181398
#12. There's good and bad in everybody. I wasn't looking for the good, or looking for the bad. This is a man who signed his pact with the devil 20 years ago, and he's learned to live with it. He's tried to protect his family from it.

Sam Mendes

20 Years Ago Quotes #185468
#13. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just worried. It's the first time I've see Teach like that. He said he had two regrets ... Once, 20 years ago. And once when you hurt your wrist. He said he didn't ever want to regret again. I wonder what that means.

Kim Su-mi

20 Years Ago Quotes #195212
#14. I lived in Paris when I was 20 and 21, and actually knew people that worked for the government there, that talked about terrorism in the country 20 years ago.

Andie MacDowell

20 Years Ago Quotes #196793
#15. A long time ago, I learned not to go up to the boss and ask what's happening to my character. I haven't done that for 20 years, since I was on 'Days of Our Lives.'

Michael Easton

20 Years Ago Quotes #229988
#16. I have a nice boat that I got a couple of years ago that's a Skeeter brand that's 20-foot, center-console. I have it set up for saltwater and for fresh water, so it's been a nice boat.

Josh Turner

20 Years Ago Quotes #230191
#17. I don't like to dwell on the past. I'm interested in Fischerandom now, I am working on a new clock, I'm trying to make chess a more exciting game today. I am not interested in sitting in my rocking chair thinking what I did 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

Bobby Fischer

20 Years Ago Quotes #234575
#18. Back 20 years ago, there was a division between movie actors and TV actors. That's kind of gone away. People who have had a lot of success in movies in the past now want to be on TV. There used to be much more of a quality division between TV and movies, and that's kind of not the case anymore.

Michael Imperioli

20 Years Ago Quotes #237411
#19. Swipe fees have increased steadily since the introduction of debit cards 20 years ago, when there were no swipe fees at all. Merchants can't negotiate or control them. They've tried, but they have no leverage against the big banks and issuers. So they get ignored.

Peter Welch

20 Years Ago Quotes #266683
#20. I'm pretty much the same person I was 20 years ago. My politics haven't changed. I have the same feeling of idealism. But I am a little bit wiser and more experienced.

Lucinda Williams

20 Years Ago Quotes #275104
#21. In many ways, I feel I'm still as physically fit as I was 20 years ago because I've always been athletic.

Michelle Yeoh

20 Years Ago Quotes #279406
#22. Just because you are embarrassed to admit that you're still living the consequences of bad decisions made 5, 10, 20 years ago shouldn't stop you from making good decisions now. If you let pride stop you, you will hate life 5, 10, and 20 years from now for the same reasons.

Tim Ferriss

20 Years Ago Quotes #310654
#23. I had three children while doing a show, as demanding as 'Good Morning America,' so this is - you know, it's almost like I'm less daunted about motherhood, and parenting at this point in time. And I think I'm just much more fit and healthy than I was 20-years-ago.

Joan Lunden

20 Years Ago Quotes #313584
#24. Sometimes I ask myself, "Should I be out in a club?" But it's about realising I don't need to be always chasing after being who I was 20 or 30 years ago.

Marc Almond

20 Years Ago Quotes #331379
#25. Had you told me 20 years ago this would be my life, I'd have gone "What?" and then stuck out my tongue to all the girls that were mean to me.

Katee Sackhoff

20 Years Ago Quotes #339321
#26. Instinct taught me 20 years ago to pace a song or a concert performance. That translates into pacing a story, pleasing a reading audience.

Jimmy Buffett

20 Years Ago Quotes #352612
#27. I wouldn't be the man I am today without the woman who agreed to marry me 20 years ago

Barack Obama

20 Years Ago Quotes #359770
#28. I grew up in Texas, but that was 20 years ago. Last year, in Fort Worth, they had hail the size of softballs. We're seeing more and more powerful storms, of all types, almost on a biblical level.

Bill Paxton

20 Years Ago Quotes #387066
#29. On Salem's Lot: " My favorite vampire story ever. I first read this 20 years ago, and I can still quote lines from it.
"You have been ill-used, Mr Bryant."
"I will see you sleep like the dead, teacher."
"The boy makes ten of you, false priest."
Fuck twilight. Seriously ...

Jay Kristoff

20 Years Ago Quotes #401624
#30. Thirty years ago, about 80% of a company's assets resided in its plant and equipment, with 20% in the knowledge of its people. Today, the reverse is true. The knowledge of our staff is our principal asset

Susan Rice

20 Years Ago Quotes #429443
#31. We live in a multi-cultural society far more open to international ideas. If you'd told me 20 years ago I'd drive through Bury and see someone sitting outside a cafe drinking a latte, I'd have laughed. In fact, I wouldn't have even known what a latte was.

Gary Neville

20 Years Ago Quotes #443929
#32. In Colombia today we have 16% of the population, which is a very small amount of the population owning 90% of the land and 20 years ago it wasn't like that.

Ingrid Betancourt

20 Years Ago Quotes #456698
#33. I still have the same hunger like I did 20 years ago but it's a different sort of reflection when you lose. It doesn't hurt you as much because I feel like I've had a good career.

Ken Doherty

20 Years Ago Quotes #479302
#34. I was with my dad 20 years ago as he was dying. I was there at the moment of his death, and I kept wondering the whole while what it must feel like from his point of view to still be there thinking, hearing all that was going on as people came and went, and life continued all around him.

Jill McCorkle

20 Years Ago Quotes #487057
#35. Some women are convinced that they are the same size they were 20 years ago. They also wear clothes that are too big in an effort to hide their body. Both cases are unflattering and work against your body. Some women are in denial about changing.

Stacy London

20 Years Ago Quotes #503610
#36. Stocks are at an all-time high today. I don't have any money in the stock market. I don't have the stomach for the ups and downs. So about 20 years ago I put all of my money and liquid assets into videotape rewind machines.

David Letterman

20 Years Ago Quotes #509887
#37. Humans are intelligent and resourceful. If we've been around a million or more years, why are we so disinclined to believe that we could have built cities 10,000, 20,000, 50,000 or even more years ago?

Christina Engela

20 Years Ago Quotes #518649
#38. I am extremely lucky; I've never been ill - although about 20 years ago I broke my right arm hang gliding.

Micky Dolenz

20 Years Ago Quotes #529411
#39. I saw a ghost once, about 20 years ago. It took the form of someone coming out of a sleeping body and sitting at the foot of the bed.

Peter Ackroyd

20 Years Ago Quotes #551242
#40. I have everything I had 20 years ago, only it's all a little lower.

Gypsy Rose Lee

20 Years Ago Quotes #555261
#41. 15 or 20 years ago it would not have been possible for me to come out. Back then, people still had such narrow views, but today many of them are more liberal. Being gay is no longer a taboo in many parts of society. That has affected sports, even boxing.

Orlando Cruz

20 Years Ago Quotes #573088
#42. Everyone talks about reality TV and that there are no roles left. That's false. Years ago, there were three networks. Now there are 20 cable networks and so many ways for films to be exhibited. It's an exciting time for actors, writers, directors, and producers.

Corbin Bernsen

20 Years Ago Quotes #595558
#43. According to a new study, the marijuana in Colorado is almost twice as strong as it was 20 years ago. Of course, people had some questions for the scientists, like 'How can I get your job?'

Jimmy Fallon

20 Years Ago Quotes #598829
#44. The funny thing in France is that writers are not allowed to retire, because the French government say you are still earning money from books you wrote 20 years ago.

Peter Mayle

20 Years Ago Quotes #616883
#45. I started my cooking 'career' aged 15, almost 20 years ago. At the time it was quite a shock suddenly working 75 to 80 hours a week, without time to play football or other sports.

Rene Redzepi

20 Years Ago Quotes #620888
#46. I came to Ireland 20 years ago as a student, hitch-hiking round for a week and staying in Dublin.

Greta Scacchi

20 Years Ago Quotes #637780
#47. It's quite funny that, 20 years ago, one would have thought putting out a fragrance would [negatively] affect your musical credibility. Now it may enhance it.

Bryan Ferry

20 Years Ago Quotes #638575
#48. In the depth of the near depression, that he faced when he came in, Barack Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress provided 'recovery funds' that literally kept our classrooms open. Two years ago, these funds saved nearly 20,000 teacher and education jobs - just here in North Carolina.

Jim Hunt

20 Years Ago Quotes #653514
#49. Back 20 years ago, I was recording with Bruce Springsteen, and his producer called me and said I had to be in the studio the next day to finish the sessions, and I couldn't. I had to be in court, in California. All this took like 10 years out of my life.

Ronnie Spector

20 Years Ago Quotes #690281
#50. I think the 24-hour news cycle has helped exaggerate the differences between the parties. You can always find someone on TV somewhere carping about something. That didn't happen 20 years ago.

George H. W. Bush

20 Years Ago Quotes #754633
#51. The stuff that made me mad 20 years ago doesn't really make me mad any more.

Jeff Foxworthy

20 Years Ago Quotes #761044
#52. The key to happiness is loving yourself. For years I have struggled to reach this point and even now at the age of 20 I will be honest in saying I am not 100% there yet. However, I will say I am much closer to that 100 than I was 5 years ago.

Gabriela M. Sanchez

20 Years Ago Quotes #795286
#53. People in England were coming up to me, saying, My mother and father turned me on to your music. This happened to me 20 years ago. When I was 40 they were saying that.

Roy Ayers

20 Years Ago Quotes #809841
#54. My work life makes much less sense now than 20 years ago. It's Humpty-Dumpty-like in a way; I can't put the pieces back together.

Kiki Smith

20 Years Ago Quotes #815643
#55. Only astrophysicists new about the Internet 20 years ago. Today my cat has a website.

William J. Clinton

20 Years Ago Quotes #819035
#56. I only really started to go to plays and to be interested in drama 20 years ago when as an artist I was already well-rounded. I think I'm more disciplined today.

Pete Townshend

20 Years Ago Quotes #825290
#57. I think it can be hard for any man to sometimes be upstaged by his wife. So when I'm home, I work very hard to be Todd's wife and Jade's mother. I have no problem going back to those traditional roles. I try to be Giada, the young girl that he met 20 years ago and fell in love with.

Giada De Laurentiis

20 Years Ago Quotes #836414
#58. All we're really doing is repeating technologies that were tried 10, 20, 30 years ago ... it's just that it was too expensive, too unusable, and we didn't have the enabling technologies to make it possible.

Aaron Levie

20 Years Ago Quotes #838802
#59. Rereading a favorite novel first read 5, 10, or 20 years ago, is a measure of our travel, how far we've come; it's a way of visiting an earlier self.

Lewis Buzbee

20 Years Ago Quotes #858131
#60. My favourite restaurant of all time is Mildreds on London's Lexington Street. It's a little vegetarian restaurant and is really fun and healthy, too. It was the first place I went to in London and really liked. That was 20 years ago, and it is still my favourite.

David Walliams

20 Years Ago Quotes #872668
#61. I've been worked over by the English press because there's an assumption that my politics are identical with my wife's, and for that matter that my wife's politics are identical with her politics of 20 years ago.

Stephen Rea

20 Years Ago Quotes #879622
#62. My fans are grown now. They are not expecting me to do the bubblegum pop I did 20 years ago, even though it was pretty substantive. It was saying more than bubblegum pop says today. I am continuing where I left off.

Irene Cara

20 Years Ago Quotes #895697
#63. There's a band in a garage right now writing songs for an album that will do the same thing 'Nevermind' did some 20 years ago. We don't know who and where, but it will f***ing happen again. All it takes is for that storm to break.

Dave Grohl

20 Years Ago Quotes #895925
#64. A lot of people like to live on laurels that happened 20 or 30 years ago, but it's nice to get awards. It's nice to be labeled and things like that, but I'm not sure everybody qualifies.

Tim Conway

20 Years Ago Quotes #908188
#65. The problem is we don't know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books - mine included - because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn't happened.

James Lovelock

20 Years Ago Quotes #941137
#66. 20 years ago, when Bob Bly starting teaching copywriting, the field was deeply shrouded in mystery. Now, thanks to Bob, learning copywriting, though still a tricky proposition, is much easier.

Ken McCarthy

20 Years Ago Quotes #978500
#67. I grew up in San Francisco and moved to L.A. about 20 years ago, and now my main home is in Hollywood.

Roman Coppola

20 Years Ago Quotes #988694
#68. Nigerians are everywhere. There's an old joke, particularly about the Ibos, that when you finally land on Mars, you're going to find a Nigerian there who has a shop that is selling Coca-Cola
who took a speculative trip 20 years ago and has been waiting for everyone else to arrive.

Chris Abani

20 Years Ago Quotes #1018155
#69. I did pose for 'Black and White' magazine, a prestigious, artistic publication, several years ago ... I did this as a piece of art and make no apologies for the creative decisions I've made as an artist in my 20-year career.

Andrea Thompson

20 Years Ago Quotes #1021207
#70. One of my favourite items is a very old jacket - it was my mum's uniform from when she was working 15 or 20 years ago.

Astrid Berges-Frisbey

20 Years Ago Quotes #1032233
#71. The 4D style, or cosmic comics and relativistic humor, is based on Einstein's theory of relativity which I came up with 20 years ago. 4D works use the idea of the fourth dimension, time, playing on such surrealistic and amazing subjects as motion relativity, space curvature and time dilation.

Javad Alizadeh

20 Years Ago Quotes #1050466
#72. I do think that procrastination evolved in humans for good reasons. If you're trying to stay alive as a human being on the savanna 20,000 years ago, worrying about what's right behind that bush is a lot more important than worrying about what might happen three weeks from now.

James Surowiecki

20 Years Ago Quotes #1055953
#73. I would like to ask the many Filipino people to pray together, to help each other so that we will be able to preserve the democracy we restored 20 years ago.

Corazon Aquino

20 Years Ago Quotes #1064455
#74. 20-some years ago, I'd have a big old radio with a tape deck, and I'd hit record and try to get something down on the tape, but nowadays, I can use my handy little smart-phone; I sing into the app for voice memo.

Mary Chapin Carpenter

20 Years Ago Quotes #1075773
#75. I've been studying how quickly we can get energy out to the poor countries - a lot of which are in Africa - and how little progress we've made there. There's no more electricity today in sub-Saharan Africa per person than there was 20 years ago.

Bill Gates

20 Years Ago Quotes #1077675
#76. I've got everything I had 20 years ago, except now it's all lower.

Gypsy Rose Lee

20 Years Ago Quotes #1080657
#77. The reason 'Hamilton' works is because there is no distance between that story that happened 200-some-odd years ago and now, because it looks like America now. It helps create a connection that wouldn't have been there if it was 20 white guys on stage.

Lin-Manuel Miranda

20 Years Ago Quotes #1099241
#78. And so my music, it doesn't matter if I did it 20 years ago or if I did it tomorrow. It doesn't go with trends. My trousers don't get wider and tighter every six months. My music just stays what it is, and that's the way I like it.

George Harrison

20 Years Ago Quotes #1100272
#79. People refer to 'the good ol' days', but I don't know what they're talking about. As someone who's battled cancer, if I lived more than 20 years ago, I'd be a dead man

Lance Armstrong

20 Years Ago Quotes #1100728
#80. If you look at Hollywood today, compared to five years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago or 30 years ago, the change from moment to moment has always been extraordinary. It never stops moving.

Joseph McGinty Nichol

20 Years Ago Quotes #1121557
#81. I photographed rocks and trees and tide pools and nudes and all that stuff for years and years. Until 20 years ago when I found that I could do it in the studio and never have to travel.

Kim Weston

20 Years Ago Quotes #1127326
#82. Americans now know that housing prices can go down and they can go down by 10, 20, 30, and in some cases, 40 or 50 percent. We know they can go down. But five years ago, we thought they could only go up.

Bill Gross

20 Years Ago Quotes #1152351
#83. It makes me forget that I'm not going to be a major star and lead female in films whether it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, five or in the future.

Pam Grier

20 Years Ago Quotes #1179393
#84. If I wanted to be a pop singer, I would have done that 20 years ago. I love country music.

Chely Wright

20 Years Ago Quotes #1190027
#85. Winters with strong frost and lots of snow like we had 20 years ago will cease to exist at our latitudes.

Mojib Latif

20 Years Ago Quotes #1233656
#86. After living and working in Milan and Paris, I arrived in New York City 20 years ago, and I saw both the joys and the hardships of daily life. On July 28, 2006, I was very proud to become a citizen of the United States - the greatest privilege on planet Earth.

Melania Trump

20 Years Ago Quotes #1263284
#87. I don't look the same as I did 20 years ago, nor should I.

Cindy Crawford

20 Years Ago Quotes #1271883
#88. My ultimate crush may be Judith McNaught - I met her once more than 20 years ago, and she was incredibly kind and encouraging to me. I adore that woman. But I also fangirl over aspiring or beginning authors, because every time I talk with them, I'm so energized and inspired.

Lisa Kleypas

20 Years Ago Quotes #1276447
#89. I still have the art projects my kids made for me 20 years ago. I cherish them, crude and silly as some of them may be.

Emilio Estevez

20 Years Ago Quotes #1279276
#90. I'm one of the few people that I know that sings better than they did 20 years ago.

Steve Earle

20 Years Ago Quotes #1281140
#91. It would be sad if my best work had been 20 years ago and now I only had memories.

Demian Bichir

20 Years Ago Quotes #1302657
#92. Does a human life, a "personality," exist as a single thread that can be followed through time? Is the "me" of 20 years ago the same "me" that exists now? Will I still be me in 20 years?

Dan Chaon

20 Years Ago Quotes #1324432
#93. Broadcast TV is like the landline of 20 years ago.

Reed Hastings

20 Years Ago Quotes #1356755
#94. Nobody's bigger than the game of baseball. You ask pitchers from 10-15-20 years ago. That's normal. Part of the game.

Ken Rosenthal

20 Years Ago Quotes #1357801
#95. I'm a man who believes that I died 20 years ago. And I live like a man who is dead already. I have no fear whatsoever of anybody or anything.

Malcolm X

20 Years Ago Quotes #1360808
#96. One thing I do personally started 20 years ago. I started meditating, and I know twice a day I can kind of let everything drop. It's just about being quiet, like drawing back the day, and it allows me to have energy.

Hugh Jackman

20 Years Ago Quotes #1380305
#97. I think it's fair to say that diplomacy today requires much more of that if you're the United States of America than it did 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago.

Hillary Clinton

20 Years Ago Quotes #1385389
#98. People do not connect with what happened last week, let alone what happened 20 years ago.

Avery Brooks

20 Years Ago Quotes #1408721
#99. Sometimes you watch one of your favorite shows from 20 years ago and you think, 'I'm loving this, but golly, it's going at the speed of a snail.'

Julian Fellowes

20 Years Ago Quotes #1437941
#100. I'm not blowing my own trumpet here, but I made a rap song 20 years ago with Afrika Bambaataa.

John Lydon

20 Years Ago Quotes #1439259

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top