Top 100 10 Years Ago Quotes

#1. Microbes are doing things we didn't even know they could do 10 years ago.

Robert Jackson

10 Years Ago Quotes #66584
#2. I didn't even have a computer until like 10 years ago. I was still using a typewriter until 2002.

Beck

10 Years Ago Quotes #108904
#3. The Internet creates as well as destroys. Social networks, search advertising, and cloud computing are multibillion dollar industries that didn't exist 10 years ago. They are products of the same force that has rendered the Postal Service's core business obsolete.

John Sununu

10 Years Ago Quotes #146363
#4. I see everything as creative material. If I pick up a shell of a song that I wrote 10 years ago, all that matters is the reality of that material as it's living today.

Antony Hegarty

10 Years Ago Quotes #167343
#5. If I knew that 3D was going to be such a big deal, I would have gotten that boob job 10 years ago.

Charlize Theron

10 Years Ago Quotes #168485
#6. Dog movies nowadays are not what dog movies were 50 or even 10 years ago. For one thing, the dogs have become better actors.

Benjamin Cheever

10 Years Ago Quotes #177980
#7. My creative process isn't a long one, so I could have started a song 10 years ago and then finish it 10 years later. It's all just about pushing around words and melodies, for me. The material is kind of shape-shifting.

Antony Hegarty

10 Years Ago Quotes #197230
#8. I've always viewed myself as a brand. When I started 10 years ago, that was very controversial. 'Marketing' and 'PR' were dirty words for the literary world, but that has changed. Once the book is finished, I want as many people as possible to read it.

Camilla Lackberg

10 Years Ago Quotes #205449
#9. My presence in the social media and on the Internet is much bigger than many of the other candidates, including Mitt Romney. So, when you take the social media and you take the Tea Party citizens movement, you have a combination there that, quite frankly, 10 years ago, I wouldn't have had a chance.

Herman Cain

10 Years Ago Quotes #214345
#10. It's difficult to choose a Word of the Year in the year that you're in. It's one of those things that hindsight makes more apparent. It's like looking at pictures from 10 years ago, and you notice the flannel and the ripped jeans. At the time, it didn't look to you like a real fashion trend.

Erin McKean

10 Years Ago Quotes #252996
#11. [M]ore Americans work for federal, state or local government than work in any form of manufacturing. We crossed that Rubicon about 10 years ago.

Ann Coulter

10 Years Ago Quotes #262198
#12. I didn't have any desire I might have had 10 years ago to shoot every single word that I wrote.

Paul Thomas Anderson

10 Years Ago Quotes #268829
#13. I'm not so proud to think that anything is unworthy, and I don't think I was that way 10 years ago.

Thomas Haden Church

10 Years Ago Quotes #309817
#14. You know, 10 years ago I never thought I'd be in this position. It's a dream and I don't even know if I dreamed this big.

Dwyane Wade

10 Years Ago Quotes #313473
#15. Compared to 10 years ago the primary motivation for defection has gone from food, to freedom.

Kim Jong-un

10 Years Ago Quotes #337609
#16. Even my older brothers' early success 10 years ago didn't change me since there was such an age difference.

Andy Gibb

10 Years Ago Quotes #344502
#17. But we had - I think if you look at law enforcement 10 years ago, if you look at the challenges, the FBI was focused excessively on what was happening in the United States.

Robert Mueller

10 Years Ago Quotes #397308
#18. It's not just the players, it's the culture. Sometimes it's the people around them; the people who are looking after them - the money they're given. Some of the families give up their jobs and live off their sons. That would never have happened 10 years ago.

Ryan Giggs

10 Years Ago Quotes #410832
#19. I was reasonably interested in mathematics in school. Typically what happens is ... when you start playing chess, it takes up a lot of your attention. But about 10 years ago, I found that the Internet is very good to start learning about a lot of subjects.

Viswanathan Anand

10 Years Ago Quotes #415681
#20. About 10 years ago, I took some vocal lessons. I'll bet that helped. I got a tape of exercises that the girl gave me, which I don't do anymore, but they were good. And I don't smoke.

Dan Hicks

10 Years Ago Quotes #429975
#21. What we think is ethical today, we may not have thought ethical five or 10 years ago. Cloning, stem cell research? However we feel about those things today, we may feel differently 10 years from now.

Mary E. Pearson

10 Years Ago Quotes #434962
#22. You're always looking at last year, or 10 years ago, or your school days, or your teenage years, your formative years. Because that's exactly what they are, they're your formative years.

Paul McCartney

10 Years Ago Quotes #455515
#23. I don't think this show would have come to me 10 years ago. It continues to be this wonderful miracle.

Stephen Collins

10 Years Ago Quotes #486188
#24. Most people are fascinated to see someone play an instrument in an inspired way. We are moved by witnessing musical brilliance, and it was this notion that led me to purchase the GuitarTV domain 10 years ago.

Steve Vai

10 Years Ago Quotes #513690
#25. Average real wages in Mexican manufacturing are lower than they were 10 years ago, if you can believe that.

Stephen F. Lynch

10 Years Ago Quotes #520198
#26. There is a greater fatigue concerning the African problem today than five or 10 years ago. The situation now in Africa is worse today than it was 10 years ago.

Boutros Boutros-Ghali

10 Years Ago Quotes #556470
#27. It's very hard when you eat out every day for a living, and a new restaurant comes along and you haven't got that same vigour that you had 10 years ago.

Gordon Ramsay

10 Years Ago Quotes #561685
#28. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another. This painting here. I bought it 10 years ago for 60 thousand dollars. I could sell it today for 600. The illusion has become real and the more real it becomes, the more desperately they want it.

Oliver Stone

10 Years Ago Quotes #564453
#29. Scientists estimate the universe unfolded from its state of infinite destiny* - a moment commonly referred to as "the big bang" - approximately 1.3-2 x 10^10 years ago.

*Typo: "destiny" should read "density.

Mark Z. Danielewski

10 Years Ago Quotes #567365
#30. Even though more people can build websites today than even 10 years ago, I think there's probably even less really deep understand of how a good website gets built than there was even then.

Khoi Vinh

10 Years Ago Quotes #617294
#31. When I became CEO of Xerox 10 years ago, the company's situation was dire. Debt was mounting, the stock sinking and bankers were calling. People urged me to declare bankruptcy, but I felt personally responsible for tens of thousands of employees.

Anne M. Mulcahy

10 Years Ago Quotes #710191
#32. I've never been invited to do an exhibition or do a talk in England, except once, about 10 years ago. I've given talks all across Canada, many in the United States, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan - but not England.

Brian Wildsmith

10 Years Ago Quotes #721509
#33. Certain elements of teen life that, 10 years ago, were very important to me still, are becoming less so as I get older. I mean, I've kinda gotten over, I guess I'm saying, the fact that I had trouble getting a date for the prom.

Matthew Tobin Anderson

10 Years Ago Quotes #755793
#34. I came into a strong organization, and I hope I strengthened it more and expanded its capacity to deal with some of the challenges that might not have seemed as great 10 years ago, such as H.I.V., AIDS and children affected by war.

Carol Bellamy

10 Years Ago Quotes #766594
#35. This is an early digital photograph for me. I started shooting digital some 10 years ago. I had been using Kodachrome for decades, but digital techniques offered me many new possibilities and incredible flexibility. It stimulated creation.

Bruno Barbey

10 Years Ago Quotes #782846
#36. Sunday, there's not a lot of structure. I might spend an hour thinking about why I don't exercise, and feeling very guilty about not exercising. I tried running, over 10 years ago. It didn't really take.

Roz Chast

10 Years Ago Quotes #803852
#37. No, I think that if he had known he would be president, he would have started dying his hair, like, 10 years ago. Now it's too late.

Michelle Obama

10 Years Ago Quotes #823302
#38. If 10 years ago I was told I'd be where I am now, I would've been pretty happy.

Kate Mara

10 Years Ago Quotes #842071
#39. One day about 10 years ago the door to my office opened and who walked in but Bill Gates ... Seemed like a nice guy and has done more with his money than most billionaires. But that's as far as I want to go being kind to Bill Gates.

Andy Rooney

10 Years Ago Quotes #874717
#40. It was important to me to become day-to-day fluent and functional in another language, and about 10 years ago, I went to Rome for the first time and felt an instant gut connection and wanted to get to know the city.

Jhumpa Lahiri

10 Years Ago Quotes #910389
#41. No one can make the album they made 10 years ago with a straight face. There are two reasons: one is you change as a person. To be a true artist, I have to be true to who I am now and write that way. And the second thing is these are different times.

Brad Paisley

10 Years Ago Quotes #913937
#42. I went to college in Pittsburgh at Carnegie Mellon University ... studied acting there. Then I went to New York for about five years. I moved out here about 10 years ago.

Laura San Giacomo

10 Years Ago Quotes #933672
#43. I am very conscious that, from the time of 'The God of Small Things' was published 10 years ago, we are in a different world ... which needs to be written about differently, and I really very much want to do that.

Arundhati Roy

10 Years Ago Quotes #941162
#44. I think I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago, but it takes a bigger toll - I get back pain!

Alessandra Ambrosio

10 Years Ago Quotes #1000997
#45. I feel I can still do the same job as I did 10 years ago - I've just got a few more wrinkles!

David Beckham

10 Years Ago Quotes #1025210
#46. I'd like to direct at some point. But I don't know because 10 years ago I would have never imagined that I'd be here. So in 10 years from now, I might be running a rodeo.

Jennifer Lawrence

10 Years Ago Quotes #1027887
#47. Who is to say that 5 men 10 years ago were right whereas 5 men looking the other direction today are wrong.

Harry A. Blackmun

10 Years Ago Quotes #1064247
#48. Once upon a time, about 10 years ago, I thought maybe I could write a mystery series about a midwife in Elizabethan England. I had an elaborately convoluted title and an elaborately convoluted plotline, and at that point I got stupendously bored.

Deborah Harkness

10 Years Ago Quotes #1077219
#49. If you look at Hollywood today, compared to five years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago or 30 years ago, the change from moment to moment has always been extraordinary. It never stops moving.

Joseph McGinty Nichol

10 Years Ago Quotes #1121557
#50. Greenwich Village always had its share of mind readers, but there are many more these days, and they seem to have moved closer to the mainstream of life in the city. What was crazy 10 years ago is now respectable, even among the best-educated New Yorkers.

Aravind Adiga

10 Years Ago Quotes #1126132
#51. It makes me forget that I'm not going to be a major star and lead female in films whether it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, five or in the future.

Pam Grier

10 Years Ago Quotes #1179393
#52. There are moments when I can't believe I'm as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don't think, Oh God, I'm missing something.

Madonna Ciccone

10 Years Ago Quotes #1183155
#53. I remember way back when I was young, 10 years ago.

Charles Olson

10 Years Ago Quotes #1195807
#54. I know that when Terry and I were together, 10 years ago, he did not appreciate it when people would ask him what it is like being partnered with a celebrity. Precisely because it suggested that he had no value.

Armistead Maupin

10 Years Ago Quotes #1255355
#55. One hot summer night in San Francisco, roughly 10 years ago, I was sitting in a crowded Pacific Heights restaurant when Alice Adams walked in with a man. She was about 60 at the time, and she was wearing a skirt that fell an inch or so above her knees and flat heels without stockings.

Mary Gaitskill

10 Years Ago Quotes #1260519
#56. I realized about 10 years ago that my wealth has to go back to society. A fortune, the size of which is hard to imagine, is best not passed on to one's children. It's not constructive for them.

Bill Gates

10 Years Ago Quotes #1274467
#57. They offered me one cover about 10 years ago, and I said, no, I can't do it. I'm happy to cover up now.

Ursula Andress

10 Years Ago Quotes #1277129
#58. Is there some risk every day we walk out our front door? Every time we get in our car? Yeah. Are we materially less safe now than we were 10 years ago? Whatever delta there is, it's very small.

John Hickenlooper

10 Years Ago Quotes #1306967
#59. Now is a good time, 10 years ago would have been a good time, and 10 years from now it will still be a good time to see a dynamic, entertaining movie that's wall-to-wall Miles Davis where the music will hopefully spark some desire to know more about the man.

Don Cheadle

10 Years Ago Quotes #1316257
#60. Sometimes I'll be channel surfing or something, and I'll see a glimpse of something, and I'll quickly turn the sound down, and then what I look at, that's an interesting movie. But it's not me who made it. It's whoever that guy I was 10 years ago who made it.

Andrew Niccol

10 Years Ago Quotes #1320398
#61. When I used to go into bars people would try and fight me. Women would punch me 10 years ago or put cigarettes out on my arm or my face. But it doesn't seem to happen any more. They show us a lot of love.

Johnny Knoxville

10 Years Ago Quotes #1330503
#62. When I think of myself at 15, even 17, I could simply not have done this work on an international level and travel all the time, take care of myself and not feel lost. I feel very happy that this is happening now, and not 10 years ago, as I feel stronger as a person.

Saskia De Brauw

10 Years Ago Quotes #1379546
#63. We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games.

Robert A. Kotick

10 Years Ago Quotes #1397247
#64. We're genuinely happy if some musicians of this younger generation are influenced by our music, as we were ourselves influenced 10 years ago by older musicians.

Thomas Bangalter

10 Years Ago Quotes #1425962
#65. There is an entire generation who was too young to read 'The Purpose Driven Life' 10 years ago but are now asking the critical question, 'What on earth am I here for?'

Rick Warren

10 Years Ago Quotes #1431165
#66. We got a little waylaid along the way. The whole problem started about 10 years ago with management and legal battles, then still trying to make albums while I was doing all of that.

Pat Travers

10 Years Ago Quotes #1470348
#67. I'll talk about these things, but it's just, you know, you only get so much time and I'm much more interested in what I'm going to be doing next year than in something I did 10 years ago.

Walter Hill

10 Years Ago Quotes #1504745
#68. You know, the guys there were so beautiful - they've lost that wounded look that fags all had 10 years ago.

Allen Ginsberg

10 Years Ago Quotes #1584398
#69. When the City of Goleta incorporated about 10 years ago, its founders took pains to exclude Isla Vista from the boundaries for fear that UCSB students would become enfranchised, take over the government, and enact some form of rent control.

Anonymous

10 Years Ago Quotes #1596352
#70. As you get older what you think was 10 years ago was actually 15 years ago.

Simon Fowler

10 Years Ago Quotes #1615130
#71. There was this whole middle time that only Chris Rock came out of, you know, 10 years ago it was Chris and a few other people, but that's about it. Chris is in a class of his own; I don't see another comedian who I put in high regard as him.

Bob Saget

10 Years Ago Quotes #1625062
#72. Certainly in the case of 'Kill Your Friends,' a book I wrote more than 10 years ago, I routinely meet interviewers who appear to know the book better than I do. But still, you have to talk about it.

John Niven

10 Years Ago Quotes #1689782
#73. If there had been a Financial Product Safety Commission in place 10 years ago, the current financial crisis would have been averted.

Elizabeth Warren

10 Years Ago Quotes #1737477
#74. I've made music for grownups most of my life as a singer/songwriter - often with my band, Nine Stories - recorded many albums, and 10 years ago I started recording kid's music, too.

Lisa Loeb

10 Years Ago Quotes #1751984
#75. From the consumer perspective, what happened in the U.S. 10 years ago and Europe five years ago is now happening in Russia. People are beginning to understand that e-commerce is easy and safe.

Maelle Gavet

10 Years Ago Quotes #1764803
#76. I can barely remember what I wrote yesterday, let alone 10 years ago.

Andrew Sullivan

10 Years Ago Quotes #1814842
#77. In Turkey it was always 1952, in Malaysia 1937; Afghanistan was 1910 and Bolivia 1949. It is 20 years ago in the Soviet Union, 10 in Norway, five in France. It is always last year in Australia and next week in Japan.

Paul Theroux

10 Years Ago Quotes #631
#78. If you went to your closet today, would you pull out the same outfit you wore 10 or 15 years ago? You wear feelings and faith differently as well.

Amy Grant

10 Years Ago Quotes #151475
#79. We, Homo sapiens, destroyed the majority of the large mammalian species in North America and Australasia just over 10,000 years ago. We, Homo sapiens, now are destroying the other species that presently exist on this planet at a rate of about 15,000 to 20,000 per year.

Michael Smith

10 Years Ago Quotes #180840
#80. It is completely surreal because two years ago I wasn't swimming, I was 10 kilos heavier and was on a completely different path in my life, I was still living in Sydney, I'm just so happy now.

Libby Trickett

10 Years Ago Quotes #220028
#81. I don't like to dwell on the past. I'm interested in Fischerandom now, I am working on a new clock, I'm trying to make chess a more exciting game today. I am not interested in sitting in my rocking chair thinking what I did 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

Bobby Fischer

10 Years Ago Quotes #234575
#82. Just because you are embarrassed to admit that you're still living the consequences of bad decisions made 5, 10, 20 years ago shouldn't stop you from making good decisions now. If you let pride stop you, you will hate life 5, 10, and 20 years from now for the same reasons.

Tim Ferriss

10 Years Ago Quotes #310654
#83. I'm kind of like a middle mix between a warrior diet and a Paleo diet, so I only eat once a day and it's at night - so kind of like interval fasting. But I eat until I'm full, I eat as much as I want, and I really don't eat anything that you couldn't find, you know, 10,000 years ago.

Ronda Rousey

10 Years Ago Quotes #358907
#84. Humans are intelligent and resourceful. If we've been around a million or more years, why are we so disinclined to believe that we could have built cities 10,000, 20,000, 50,000 or even more years ago?

Christina Engela

10 Years Ago Quotes #518649
#85. My biggest worry is I'm running out of time and energy. Thirty years ago I thought 10 years was a really long time.

Dean Kamen

10 Years Ago Quotes #603262
#86. I have already released my financials, which are massive, and, by the way, which showed a tremendous company. It's over $10 billion in net worth that I have built with a very, very small starter loan years ago.

Donald Trump

10 Years Ago Quotes #603786
#87. Forty years ago two-thirds of children walked or biked to school; today 10 percent do. A generation ago 70 percent of children played outside; today the rate is down to 30 percent.209

Steven Pinker

10 Years Ago Quotes #605553
#88. It's my memory, and what happened between that moment 10 or 15 years ago and now, there's a lot of gray area.

Tracey Emin

10 Years Ago Quotes #650923
#89. Back 20 years ago, I was recording with Bruce Springsteen, and his producer called me and said I had to be in the studio the next day to finish the sessions, and I couldn't. I had to be in court, in California. All this took like 10 years out of my life.

Ronnie Spector

10 Years Ago Quotes #690281
#90. All we're really doing is repeating technologies that were tried 10, 20, 30 years ago ... it's just that it was too expensive, too unusable, and we didn't have the enabling technologies to make it possible.

Aaron Levie

10 Years Ago Quotes #838802
#91. Rereading a favorite novel first read 5, 10, or 20 years ago, is a measure of our travel, how far we've come; it's a way of visiting an earlier self.

Lewis Buzbee

10 Years Ago Quotes #858131
#92. I'm not nearly as much of a fan of the NBA as I was maybe 10 or 15 years ago, or certainly as I was when I was a player. It's become more entertainment focused, and less focused on the purity of the game.

Len Elmore

10 Years Ago Quotes #981929
#93. I can see that if this was an album done 10 or 15 years ago we could see we were moving on to some place else.

Wayne Coyne

10 Years Ago Quotes #1062029
#94. We're absolutely American and distinctly so, I think. That's part of what people respond to outside of this country, part of the reason that we're such a huge band outside of the U.S., where we're not so popular now as we were 10 or 12 years ago.

Michael Stipe

10 Years Ago Quotes #1065443
#95. One of the things that I'm so proud of [about] that movie [Brokeback Mountain], was to see, within the past basically 10 years, how much has changed. When the Supreme Court [issued a ruling] just a little while ago, I felt like we had been part, a little part and parcel of that movement.

Jake Gyllenhaal

10 Years Ago Quotes #1152225
#96. Americans now know that housing prices can go down and they can go down by 10, 20, 30, and in some cases, 40 or 50 percent. We know they can go down. But five years ago, we thought they could only go up.

Bill Gross

10 Years Ago Quotes #1152351
#97. I start phone calls at 4 A.M. to cheer people up. The housebound, people in the hospital. People who, after decades, still can't get over what happened 10 or 15 years ago.

Richard Simmons

10 Years Ago Quotes #1184332
#98. Advice may not be good advice 10 or 15 years from now. Someone could tell you something years ago and it might not work now. The world is constantly changing. One word could mean something different today. Today you can't give advice to anyone.

Roy Haynes

10 Years Ago Quotes #1188933
#99. Even before the agricultural revolution began in the Fertile Crescent about 10,000 years ago, humans had learned how to work with new technology. Those who could not or would not eventually became priests, politicians, and bureaucrats.

G. Harry Stine

10 Years Ago Quotes #1261334
#100. We smugly assume that we are the tallest humans to ever grace the earth. Quite the contrary. The Cro-Magnon people living thirty thousand years ago were about our size and 10 percent more muscular. Hunting, gathering, when food sources were abundant, was an exquisitely healthy lifestyle.

Arianne Cohen

10 Years Ago Quotes #1272583

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top