Top 100 1 Percent Quotes

#1. Less than 1 percent of ancient Egypt has been discovered and excavated. With population pressures, urbanization, and modernization encroaching, we're in a race against time. Why not use the most advanced tools we have to map, quantify, and protect our past?

Sarah Parcak

1 Percent Quotes #8156
#2. The ability of the 1 percent to buy politicians and regulators is nothing new in American politics - just as inequality has been a permanent part of our economic system. This is true of virtually all political and economic systems.

Eric Alterman

1 Percent Quotes #30747
#3. Without putting the brakes on out-of-control campaign contributions from individuals and corporations - it will be business as usual, with 1 percent of Americans pulling the strings.

Madeleine M. Kunin

1 Percent Quotes #34785
#4. If you're really concerned about deficits, you cannot take seriously a budget that would give $30 billion a year worth of tax cuts to not just the top 1 percent but the top 0.1 percent.

Barack Obama

1 Percent Quotes #36327
#5. I think it's true that the 1 Percent or the elite are living in a world of, maybe, excessive privilege, and they don't fully realize how much pain and suffering, how much anxiety exists out there.

Nouriel Roubini

1 Percent Quotes #46443
#6. Regressives say small businesses would be hurt by a higher marginal tax. Don't believe this, either. Only just over 1 percent of small-business owners earn enough to be taxed at the top rate - and that's just on the portion of their incomes exceeding $379,000. The

Robert B. Reich

1 Percent Quotes #58458
#7. Practice the 101 Percent Principle. Whenever possible, find the 1 percent you do agree on in a difficult situation, and give it 100 percent of your effort.

John C. Maxwell

1 Percent Quotes #67629
#8. Error is far more common than fraud which probably comprises 1 percent or a tenth of a percent of the literature.

Walter Gilbert

1 Percent Quotes #78317
#9. The common wisdom is that only about 1 percent of a novelist's research ends up in his or her book. In my experience, it's even less - closer to a tenth of a percent.

Gayle Lynds

1 Percent Quotes #80240
#10. As someone who came to New York in the 1970s, I was, like so many of my friends, a certified member of what we now call the 99 percent - and I was a lot closer to the bottom than to the top of that 99 percent. At some point during the intervening years, I moved into the 1 percent.

Graydon Carter

1 Percent Quotes #111944
#11. I don't think I'll ever fully get over losing the city council seat. I don't know how that happened. But it was less than 1 percent out of 50,000 votes. I'd put in six or seven years into changing L.A.

Tom Hayden

1 Percent Quotes #114726
#12. I'm 21 years old, and it's kind of uncomfortable for me to talk about, but I'm in the 1 percent as far as my income and tax bracket. But now that I'm here, there's no amount of money you can wave in front of my face that will make me understand depriving people of human rights.

Halsey

1 Percent Quotes #164976
#13. I realized I need a certain kind of chemistry and a certain kind of look to be into someone, and like 1 percent of the population has it.

Jen Kirkman

1 Percent Quotes #181327
#14. New Rule: Instead of killing 99.9 percent of germs, Lysol has to just go ahead and kill them all. Why spare the remaining 0.1 percent? So they can return to their villages and tell the other germs, "Dude, do not mess with Lysol"?

Bill Maher

1 Percent Quotes #188383
#15. The Supreme Court justices are able to decide fewer than 1 percent of all the appeals

James Duane

1 Percent Quotes #215999
#16. There's a poster with Thomas Edison's quote: GENIUS IS 1 PERCENT INSPIRATION AND 99 PERCENT PERSPIRATION.

Lauren Oliver

1 Percent Quotes #222809
#17. When you think about it, caring for patients is 99 percent information and 1 percent intervention, so it's clear that with or without genomics, the paradigm is shifting. Bioinformatics brings a cutting edge capacity to healthcare.

Christopher G. Chute

1 Percent Quotes #224603
#18. In the quarter century between 1979 and 2005, average after-tax income (adjusted for inflation) grew by $900 a year for the bottom fifth of American households, by $8,700 a year for the middle fifth, and by $745,000 a year for the top 1 percent of households.

Robert D. Putnam

1 Percent Quotes #307977
#19. Health-care costs when I got into the industry in '88 were 16 percent a year inflation. When I got out in 1997, they were less than 1 percent.

Rick Scott

1 Percent Quotes #314940
#20. The top 1 percent of bands and solo artists now earn 77 percent of all revenue from recorded music, media researchers report.

Anonymous

1 Percent Quotes #333039
#21. According to USA Today, 74 percent of Americans plan to hand out candy this Halloween. Although President Obama thinks it should be just the top 1 percent.

Jay Leno

1 Percent Quotes #343134
#22. The truth of the matter is that about 99 percent of teaching is making the students feel interestedin the material. Then the other 1 percent has to do with your methods. And that's not just true of languages. It's true of every subject.

Noam Chomsky

1 Percent Quotes #368388
#23. The reality is that we have one of lowest voter turnouts of any major country on earth because so many people have given up on the political process. The reality is that there has been trillions of dollars of wealth going from the middle class in the last 30 years to the top 1/10th of 1 percent.

Bernie Sanders

1 Percent Quotes #383446
#24. It is day after day in this institution, borrow money, run up the debt, run up the deficits and then with a straight face say, we are going to repeal a tax that affects 1 percent of the American people, just 1 percent of the American people.

Richard Neal

1 Percent Quotes #427720
#25. Photography's 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent moving furniture.

Gregory Heisler

1 Percent Quotes #431891
#26. Genius defined: of inspiration 1% percent, of perspiration, 99%.

Thomas A. Edison

1 Percent Quotes #446446
#27. Our estimates suggest that a tax increase of 1 percent of GDP reduces output over the next three years by nearly 3 percent. The effect is highly significant.

Christina Romer

1 Percent Quotes #467135
#28. Quality doesn't mean we have to be 100 percent better in any one thing; it means we strive to be 1 percent better in 100 things.

Jan Carlzon

1 Percent Quotes #501588
#29. The probability of ten consecutive heads is 0.1 percent; thus, when you have millions of coin tossers, or investors, in the end there will be thousands of very successful practitioners of coin tossing, or stock picking.

Alan Greenspan

1 Percent Quotes #501817
#30. What we have got to do immediately is to say that racism and xenophobia is totally unacceptable and we will stand with the 1 percent of our population who are Muslims, for undocumented people in this country. Absolutely, we will stand.

Bernie Sanders

1 Percent Quotes #536642
#31. From an economic perspective, women are treated unfairly: they perform 66 percent of the world's work and produce 50 percent of the food but they only earn 10 percent of the income and own 1 percent of the property.

Zainab Salbi

1 Percent Quotes #552727
#32. Does anybody think Steve Jobs should not be in the 1 percent? He made life better for the 99 percent of the rest of us. You want to create opportunities for people with their unique gifts.

Clark Durant

1 Percent Quotes #590165
#33. We still have not been able to move into those positions in our country that are really directing traffic among that 1 percent, and that's where women have to break through.

Claire McCaskill

1 Percent Quotes #594176
#34. The average GOP presidential vote in these last five elections was 44.5 percent. In the last three, it was 48.1 percent. Give Romney an extra point for voter disillusionment with Obama, and a half-point for being better financed than his predecessors. It still strikes me as a path to narrow defeat.

Bill Kristol

1 Percent Quotes #608553
#35. What if every day, every human had a 1 percent chance of being turned into a turkey, and every turkey had a 1 percent chance of being turned into a human?

Randall Munroe

1 Percent Quotes #638496
#36. The thing I find about the movie industry is that 99 percent of the people are absolute scum. They're horrible people, they really are. Very nasty killer rabbits who hate movies. But the other 1 percent are really the greatest, most wonderful people in the world.

Lloyd Kaufman

1 Percent Quotes #692066
#37. In America, the top 1 percent led the country into war and economic devastation, leaving the less fortunate to fight for one and pay for both.

Graydon Carter

1 Percent Quotes #697985
#38. Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.

Thomas A. Edison

1 Percent Quotes #704686
#39. This is what oligarchy looks like: Today, the top one-tenth of 1 percent owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent. The top one-hundredth of 1 percent makes more than 40 percent of all campaign contributions. The billionaire class owns the political system and reaps the benefits from it.

Bernie Sanders

1 Percent Quotes #716314
#40. If you want to achieve just 1 percent dilution, then add only 6 drops of essential oils to an ounce of carrier oils. If you want 2 percent dilution, just add 12 drops of essential oils to an ounce of carrier oils.

Lindsey Pylarinos

1 Percent Quotes #761822
#41. Less than 1 percent of the patients treated are alive at the end of five years.

Michael Landon

1 Percent Quotes #799165
#42. In 2008, Goldman Sachs only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department.

Bernie Sanders

1 Percent Quotes #816210
#43. Iran's economy is now shrinking by 1 percent a year. Its oil production is down 40 percent.

Susan Rice

1 Percent Quotes #828032
#44. One tragic example of the loss of forests and then water is found in Ethiopia. The amount of its forested land has decreased from 40 to 1 percent in the last four decades. Concurrently, the amount of rainfall has declined to the point where the country is rapidly becoming a wasteland.

Al Gore

1 Percent Quotes #858901
#45. My budget is similar to the Penny Plan, which cuts 1 percent a year for five or six years and balances the budget.

Rand Paul

1 Percent Quotes #866431
#46. If you read one book a week, starting at the age of 5, and live to be 80, you will have read a grand total of 3,900 books, a little over one-tenth of 1 percent of the books currently in print.

Lewis Buzbee

1 Percent Quotes #932034
#47. Math and science fields are not the only areas where we see the United States lagging behind. Less than 1 percent of American high school students study the critical foreign languages of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Russian, combined.

Cathy McMorris Rodgers

1 Percent Quotes #942021
#48. While fund performance is unpredictable, the impact of fees is not, .. A 1- percent annual fee will reduce an ending account balance by 17 percent after 20 years.

Arthur Levitt Jr

1 Percent Quotes #964464
#49. The total efforts of the last 20 years of climate policy has likely reduced global emissions by less than 1 percent, or about 250 million metric tons of carbon dioxide per year.

Bjorn Lomborg

1 Percent Quotes #967738
#50. Acting is a tough business, and the percentage of people who make it is very low - it's about 1 percent.

Lee Majors

1 Percent Quotes #968481
#51. Tune your television to any channel it doesn't receive and about 1 percent of the dancing static you see is accounted for by this ancient remnant of the Big Bang. The next time you complain that there is nothing on, remember that you can always watch the birth of the universe.

Bill Bryson

1 Percent Quotes #983524
#52. It's immoral and wrong that the top 1 percent of the USA owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent. We should look at countries like Denmark and Sweden and Norway and look at what they've accomplished for their working people.

Bernie Sanders

1 Percent Quotes #984252
#53. Most of the time in America, we're surrounded by oppressive inequality such that the wealthiest 1 percent collectively own substantially more than the bottom 90 percent. One escape from that is America's wild places.

Nicholas Kristof

1 Percent Quotes #1017785
#54. Throughout its history, the United States has always had a class system. It is not only directed by the top 1 percent and supported by a contented middle class. We can no longer ignore the stagnant, expendable bottom layers of society in explaining the national identity. The

Nancy Isenberg

1 Percent Quotes #1030093
#55. Why do you think that 1 percent of the population earns around 96 percent of all the money that's being earned?

Rhonda Byrne

1 Percent Quotes #1044253
#56. Modern US consumers now get to taste less than 1 percent of the vegetable varieties that were grown here a century ago. Those old-timers now lurk only in backyard gardens and on farms that specialize in direct sales
if they survive at all. Many heirlooms have been lost entirely.

Barbara Kingsolver

1 Percent Quotes #1073984
#57. Of all the costs imposed on our society by the top 1 percent, perhaps the greatest is this: the erosion of our sense of identity in which fair play, equality of opportunity, and a sense of community are so important.

Joseph E. Stiglitz

1 Percent Quotes #1074790
#58. Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.

Lance Armstrong

1 Percent Quotes #1079526
#59. Jazz is like a big secret club. The mainstream media doesn't pay any attention to it; it's, like, 1 percent of the music market - no one cares. Why? Because the majority of jazz is old.

Robert Glasper

1 Percent Quotes #1097935
#60. The issue of universal coverage is not a matter of economics. Little more than 1 percent of GDP assigned to health could cover all. It is a matter of soul.

Uwe Reinhardt

1 Percent Quotes #1102453
#61. In the last recession, 99 percent of us have lost wealth, but did you know that the top 1 percent increased their wealth five times? It tells you they create recessions so they get wealthier.

Jesse Ventura

1 Percent Quotes #1128430
#62. Hollywood loves to pat itself on the back and espouse their rhetorically liberal points of view while they continue to be the 1 percent and point the finger at the other guy.

Harry Lennix

1 Percent Quotes #1132777
#63. (The genomes of two individual humans differ by an average of about 3 million positions, which is approximately 0.1 percent of the total. Most of these are single base changes or changes in tandem repeat lengths.)

George M. Church

1 Percent Quotes #1136774
#64. When we mention the 1 percent and the 99 percent, everybody now knows what we are talking about. It's part of our vocabulary. How quickly these numbers jumped from the sidelines to the center.

Madeleine M. Kunin

1 Percent Quotes #1154413
#65. If you pay your credit card off every month, get a rewards card. One that gives you airline miles or that will give you 1 percent cash back at least on every purchase.

Aaron Patzer

1 Percent Quotes #1185235
#66. Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination.

Louise Brooks

1 Percent Quotes #1196150
#67. You know, you've got fans and 99.9 percent of them are great-and .1 percent are jerks.

Metta World Peace

1 Percent Quotes #1200824
#68. The bottom billion people don't contribute at all to climate change - maybe 1 percent of emissions, they could double or triple their emissions and the climate would not be destabilised.

Hans Joachim Schellnhuber

1 Percent Quotes #1219047
#69. Less than 1 percent of American have served in 12 years of war, and serious public conversation about military policy is sorely lacking.

Phil Klay

1 Percent Quotes #1228058
#70. I came out wanting to be an actor. From my first view of the world, that's what I wanted to be. I'm made of 99 percent ham and 1 percent water. I was just cooked that way!

Mike Myers

1 Percent Quotes #1239687
#71. I can't believe it. Maybe there is a God after all. Herbal supplement sales only grew 1 percent last year. The years before, it was 17 percent, 12 percent, 18 percent.

Dean Edell

1 Percent Quotes #1292754
#72. I was the girl who battles oblivion and won. The chances were about 1 percent, but I did it.

Gillian Flynn

1 Percent Quotes #1341334
#73. Many Americans who have suffered during a recession have had to cut their spending 1 percent, and they didn't like doing it, but they were able to do it to get their family's finances back in order.

Rand Paul

1 Percent Quotes #1347795
#74. Ninety-nine percent of pilots that go up never have engine failure, and the 1 percent that do usually land it. But if you're up in the air and something goes wrong, you pull that parachute, and the whole plane goes down slowly.

Cory Lidle

1 Percent Quotes #1352619
#75. It had been an ongoing campaign, worsening with the "scientific" manifestos on race, and the blame for all the country's problems that was constantly focused on the Italian Jews who made up less than 1 percent of the country's population.

Amy Harmon

1 Percent Quotes #1375315
#76. I believe that the only people who really, truly benefit from any of the policies of Republicans are the wealthy. I'm in that 1 percent tax bracket, but I'm not a man of wealth.

Questlove

1 Percent Quotes #1378738
#77. Ninety-nine percent of singing is listening and hearing, and so then 1 percent of it is singing.

Linda Ronstadt

1 Percent Quotes #1432809
#78. The financial wealth of the top 1 percent of households in the U.S. exceeds the combined wealth of the bottom 95 percent.

Ralph Nader

1 Percent Quotes #1442228
#79. In 10000 BC, all human beings were hunter-gatherers; by 1500 AD, 1 percent were hunter-gatherers. Less than .001 percent of people are hunter-gatherers today.

Robyn Davidson

1 Percent Quotes #1442257
#80. Even though Jews are a tiny minority of less than a tenth of 1 percent of the world's people, they comprise perhaps a quarter of the world's paramount capitalists and entrepreneurs.

George Gilder

1 Percent Quotes #1445848
#81. Recently released government economic statistics covering 2010, the first year of real recovery from the financial collapse of 2008, found that fully 93 percent of additional income gains coming out of the recession went straight into the wallets and purses of the top 1 percent.

Eric Alterman

1 Percent Quotes #1473571
#82. That Canadian team had a bunch of guys who are in the 1 percent: Crosby, Getzlaf, Perry, Carter, Richards and Weber - guys who would win Olympic gold and make $8 and $10 million a season down the line. Though a player might be in that 1 percent, no team is, not as a group.

Patrick O'Sullivan

1 Percent Quotes #1499626
#83. One-third of the Earth's land used to be covered in forest. Every ten years, we cut down about 1 percent of this total forest, never to be regrown.

Hope Jahren

1 Percent Quotes #1540200
#84. We now know that we are more insignificant than we ever imagined. If you get rid of everything we see, the universe is essentially the same. We constitute a 1 percent bit of pollution in a universe ... we are completely irrelevant.

Lawrence M. Krauss

1 Percent Quotes #1550463
#85. The very richest Americans - the top one-tenth of 1 percent - now have nearly as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent.

Hillary Rodham Clinton

1 Percent Quotes #1552711
#86. If we functionally define a capitalist household as one that receives at least half of the annual income it spends on consumption in the form of return on invested capital, less than 1 percent of United States households are capitalists.

Louis O. Kelso

1 Percent Quotes #1582320
#87. The largest newspaper in the United States is only reaching 1 percent of population. We are kind of assuming that 'Wall Street Journal,' 'USA Today,' and other newspapers are very important. Yes, they're extremely important, but only to 1 percent of the population on a daily basis.

Yuri Milner

1 Percent Quotes #1586685
#88. Civilizations may clash, but they surely fall if robbed of light from above. It could come from the 1 percent or the 99%, but a guiding light is needed to keep the United States from becoming the rubble of past great civilizations.

James A. Forbes

1 Percent Quotes #1596331
#89. Eighty-nine percent of what people learn comes through visual stimulation, 10 percent through audible stimulation, and 1 percent through other senses. So

John C. Maxwell

1 Percent Quotes #1644066
#90. The Occupy movement has drawn attention to how too many in the 1 percent get to play by their own rules while exploiting the 99 percent.

Robert Greenwald

1 Percent Quotes #1668912
#91. 13. 99 percent is a very large percentage. For instance, easily 99 percent of people want a roof over their heads, food on their tables, and the occasional slice of cake for dessert. Surely an arrangement can be made with that niggling 1 percent who disagree.

Lemony Snicket

1 Percent Quotes #1673543
#92. In 1960, fewer than 13 percent of Americans were obese, and diabetes had been diagnosed in 1 percent. Today, the percentage of obese Americans has almost tripled; the percentage of Americans with diabetes has increased sevenfold.

Gary Taubes

1 Percent Quotes #1691933
#93. But if the 1 percent and the 0.1 percent are respected and allowed to risk their wealth - and new rebels are allowed to rise up and challenge them - America will continue to be the land where the last regularly become the first by serving others.

George Gilder

1 Percent Quotes #1697029
#94. Let us invest less and less in war and tax cuts for the richest 1 percent, and more and more in jobs and schools for the other 99 percent.

Benjamin Todd Jealous

1 Percent Quotes #1724894
#95. The tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003 - and extended for two years in 2010 - in 2011 saved the richest 1.4 million taxpayers (the top 1 percent) more money than the rest of America's 140.89 million taxpayers received in total income.

Robert B. Reich

1 Percent Quotes #1729737
#96. What's worrying is that those in the 1 percent, in attempting to claim for themselves an unjust proportion of the benefits of this system, may be willing to destroy the system itself to hold on to what they have. This

Joseph E. Stiglitz

1 Percent Quotes #1730786
#97. You have teenagers thinking they're going to make millions as NBA stars when that's not realistic for even 1 percent of them. Becoming a scientist or engineer is.

Dean Kamen

1 Percent Quotes #1746380
#98. People who come up with "It may not work" or "What are we going to do if it fails?"
do not have the credentials to be businessmen. If there is only a 1 percent chance
of success, a true businessperson sees that 1 percent as the spark to light a fire.

Kim Woo-jung

1 Percent Quotes #1752165
#99. The People's Bank of China (PBOC) said on its website it was lowering its benchmark, one-year lending rate by 25 basis points to 5.1 percent from May 11. It cut the benchmark deposit rate by the same amount to 2.25 percent. China's economy

Anonymous

1 Percent Quotes #1772410
#100. In 15 years we'll have all the sequence, a list of the genes everyone has in common and those that differ among people. We know only something like a tenth of 1 percent of the sequence at the moment.

Walter Gilbert

1 Percent Quotes #1785284

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top