Top 100 90 S Quotes

#1. I hope to be around past the 90's. I don't want to just be categorized as one of this era. My goal is to have a career that stands.

Mariah Carey

90 S Quotes #13366
#2. War affected my family a lot, and I was quite curious about it. I first went off to war in the early 90's as a journalist, partly out of curiosity and partly because I needed a career. War reporting has been very glamorous and exciting, and everything else that young men like.

Sebastian Junger

90 S Quotes #29438
#3. I was an 80's/90's baby so you went to the movie theater every weekend and there was one on, whether it was Stallone, Van Damme, Seagal or Schwarzenegger himself.

Channing Tatum

90 S Quotes #73658
#4. The 90's are the 60's standing on their head.

Wavy Gravy

90 S Quotes #82771
#5. Ahh the 90's I hated ye when I was in it, but I love it now that it's gone ...

Allison B. Levine

90 S Quotes #289224
#6. There's a lot of good rappers in England at the moment. There's a lot of good dance acts. A lot of good, young guitar acts. I think a lot of groups came from that dole culture of the late 80's/early 90's - it's not as easy now. I think there's a dearth of working class bands.

Ian Brown

90 S Quotes #324496
#7. Now that the 90's are over and more time has gone by, the 80's sound fresh again.

Nina Blackwood

90 S Quotes #330804
#8. It was supposed to be a year or two just to refresh my batteries, but I moved to Silicon Valley in the early 90's, and one thing let to another, got very involved in high tech, and formed a company and it ended up doing pretty well.

Thomas Dolby

90 S Quotes #439279
#9. I'm hoping that these series, that originally aired in the 80's and 90's, prove to be as entertaining online and on portable devices as they were when first broadcast on network television.

Stephen J. Cannell

90 S Quotes #677040
#10. Absolute 80's is three hours of mainstream 80's music. I also do New Wave Nation that is more cutting edge. It is more punk stuff from the 70's to the 90's.

Nina Blackwood

90 S Quotes #788979
#11. I'll be the first to admit we're the 90's version of Cheap Trick or the Knack

Kurt Cobain

90 S Quotes #795510
#12. To me, the 90's signaled the end of glam rock, the beginning of gangsta rap, and hopefully the beginning and end of boy bands.

Shane West

90 S Quotes #822737
#13. I don't want to get into being too hockey centered, but I just felt like the late 70's and 80's into the 90's was the right time period to tell the story.

Gabe Polsky

90 S Quotes #837186
#14. I know in fashion what's new is old and trends repeat but the 90's trends ala 90210 aren't exactly styles I'd want to wear today.

Tori Spelling

90 S Quotes #1083156
#15. I was trained at classical piano as a youngster back in PA. To rebel, I bought a drum set and played in some rock & roll bands. In college I picked up a guitar and became obsessed with practicing which led to playing guitar in indie rock bands in the mid 90's. Which led me to Los Angeles.

Jeff Cardoni

90 S Quotes #1105058
#16. If Lebron was playing in the late 80's and early 90's, just an average player

Dennis Rodman

90 S Quotes #1128762
#17. Besides, it doesn't make any sense to have these characters living in the year 3000 when all their points of reference are from the pop culture of the 80's and the 90's.

Joel Hodgson

90 S Quotes #1160363
#18. In the 90's action pictures were all the rage. As a woman, I was fed up with them and I initially thought that the script was just another action film dressed up as a period piece.

Madeleine Stowe

90 S Quotes #1198036
#19. I struggled with being in the public eye, losing my anonymity when my star rose quickly in the late 90's. But I need the challenge of showing up and getting up there to spill my guts and connect with my loyal folks.

Paula Cole

90 S Quotes #1306278
#20. I followed most of the 80's bands into the 90's as most of those folks who hadn't moved away were all still active. However, there was a point when I lost track of the new bands coming up.

Mark Edwards

90 S Quotes #1365216
#21. I can play the flute. Music was my favourite A-level, and I used to love composing my and stylising my voice to sound like 90's singing sensation Tori Amos.

Erin O'Connor

90 S Quotes #1378955
#22. I sing songs from the theater and pop songs. When I say 'pop songs,' I mean from the 90's. And I tell jokes. So it's sort of a stand up show meets a concert - not your traditional lounging across a piano cabaret show. It's much looser.

Laura Benanti

90 S Quotes #1402384
#23. There was a period of cinema, in the mid-90's, that I was a huge fan of, with Heat and Seven, and the Tarantino era. If I've ever been fanatical, it was about those films.

Rockne S. O'Bannon

90 S Quotes #1467785
#24. I am impressed with just the enthusiasm for life and the fact that some of these people are in their 80's, even 90's, and they're absolutely determined to get out there and make a difference.

Richard Branson

90 S Quotes #1565234
#25. When ABBA broke up, I assumed our music would fall into oblivion so in the early 90's with BJRN AGAIN becoming popular and when U2 invited Benny and I on stage to sing Dancing Queen, I just assumed we were being sent up. But now I see they were paying tribute to us

Bjorn Ulvaeus

90 S Quotes #1571109
#26. The democratic choice Russian people made in the early 90's is final.

Vladimir Putin

90 S Quotes #1744808
#27. As a genre, rockabilly's post-Elvis profile has seldom been lower in the United States. Many labels that produced fresh bass-slappin' sides during the '90's are now out of business.

Brian Setzer

90 S Quotes #1756788
#28. I have to learn from Sehwag how to play in the nervous 90's

Sachin Tendulkar

90 S Quotes #1831504
#29. What do you think will be the biggest problem in computing in the 90's? There are only 17,000 three-letter acronyms.

Paul Boutin

90 S Quotes #1847252
#30. The other countries did not share the same concern the United States had in the early '90's - that North Korea actually had an ongoing nuclear weapons program.

Mitchell Reiss

90 S Quotes #1867525
#31. 90% of people are in jobs they hate and are bitter about their lives and scratching about for money. That's my worst nightmare.

Danny Dyer

90 S Quotes #1061
#32. Man's natural life span, 75 to 90 years or so, has not increased. It is the number of us who manage to attain it that has increased.

Andrew Tobias

90 S Quotes #2453
#33. Intuition is not clairvoyance. It's not guesswork either. Intuition is executive summary, that 90 percent of the higher brain that functions subconsciously - but no less rigorously - than the self-aware subroutine that thinks of itself as the person.

Peter Watts

90 S Quotes #12323
#34. Someone might have a germ of talent, but 90 percent of it is discipline and how you practice it, what you do with it ... Instinct won't carry you through the entire journey. It's what you do in the moments between inspiration.

Cate Blanchett

90 S Quotes #14860
#35. I could design an $800 shoe line; it's easy. You use the best materials and you can make beautiful shoes. It's easier than making great shoes for $90.

Steve Madden

90 S Quotes #31372
#36. We tend to think of age only in time, but I don't think it has much to do with time at all; there's a whole load of other things. I've met 16-year-olds who are old and 90-year-olds who are young.

Roger Daltrey

90 S Quotes #44182
#37. Would say about 80 to 90 percent of most people's thinking is not only repetitive and useless, but because of its dysfunctional and often negative nature, much of it is also harmful. Observe

Eckhart Tolle

90 S Quotes #49608
#38. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 percent of all your happiness or misery.

H. Jackson Brown Jr.

90 S Quotes #51251
#39. The difference between an idealist and a fanatic is the idealist is only 90% sure he's right.

Jim Payne

90 S Quotes #71352
#40. You do need an outlet to release all of those fears. You build it up and then, when you go to a movie theater, it's the last place that it's socially acceptable to be terrified. It's saying that, for the next 90 minutes, you're allowed to be afraid and you're not a coward for feeling that way.

Eli Roth

90 S Quotes #73697
#41. It's so pretentious, but I believe that with comedy, if you have a good story, 90% of it is casting. Once you get the guys and gals in there, it's pretty easy to make a funny movie.

Matt Walsh

90 S Quotes #86564
#42. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write.

Paul Rudnick

90 S Quotes #107557
#43. Most people know that 30 to 40 percent of the world's Jews were killed during World War II, but not that 80 to 90 percent of the Orthodox community perished, among them many who had kept alive an ancient tradition of mysticism and meditation reaching back to the Old Testament world of the prophets.

Diane Ackerman

90 S Quotes #115735
#44. I've never been under the illusion that everybody on death row is innocent - far from it. My own guess is upwards of 90 percent are guilty. But a ten percent error rate if that's what it is, or even five percent, is really way too high.

Scott Turow

90 S Quotes #121599
#45. My choice was to ruin my son's life by giving him money or giving 90-plus percent to charity. Not much of a choice.

Manoj Bhargava

90 S Quotes #125906
#46. After you've won something, you're no longer 100 percent, but 90 percent. It's like a bottle of carbonated water where the cap is removed for a short while. Afterwards there's a little less gas inside.

Johan Cruijff

90 S Quotes #126489
#47. Making a record? You've got to have the song, then you create a record. I think it's the same with a live performance. If the material is strong, you're already 90% there. I always tell young people it's all about the music, the songs. Work on the songs, work on the songs, work on the songs.

Tom Petty

90 S Quotes #145845
#48. The career I chose was a drama major in college, at Yale, when I played a 90-year-old woman. One of my most celebrated roles. Then I played a really fat person. I played a lot of different things. That's how I thought I loved to wrangle my talent, my need to express myself. I like to do it that way.

Meryl Streep

90 S Quotes #149723
#49. Carrying 200 pounds of velvet and satin around a stage for 90 minutes - that's man's work, let me tell you.

Rod Stewart

90 S Quotes #156223
#50. The principle of Sturgeon's Razor states that the simplest answer to any problem is 90% crap.

Aaron Allston

90 S Quotes #162635
#51. Think of what's stored in an 80- or a 90-year-old mind. Just marvel at it. You've got to get out this information, this knowledge, because you've got something to pass on. There'll be nobody like you ever again. Make the most of every molecule you've got as long as you've got a second to go.

Studs Terkel

90 S Quotes #164726
#52. I think I'm being conservative when I say there are more people playing soccer in the United States than in 90% of the world's other countries, probably 95%.

Rabih Alameddine

90 S Quotes #164801
#53. I don't like writing romance in my books because that's the turning point of 90% of YA sci-fi/fantasy books and, quite frankly, it gets annoying after a while. The protagonist has more important things to worry about than boys and whether or not they like her.

Meghan Blistinsky

90 S Quotes #181774
#54. Cat love is genuine, because it's 10 percent devotion and 90 percent frustration and betrayal. - 67 REASONS WHY CATS ARE BETTER THAN DOGS

Jack Shepard

90 S Quotes #183095
#55. The 50-50-90 rule: anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Andy Rooney

90 S Quotes #190427
#56. I work 90 hours a week. I work 5 to 9, it's not 9 to 5.

Angie Harmon

90 S Quotes #194482
#57. You have to accept that Batman is a fact of life in Gotham City, and on top of that, you have to accept that somehow this city manages to function with a police force that's 90% corrupt.

Greg Rucka

90 S Quotes #195533
#58. Boys are beyond the range of anybody's sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years.

James Thurber

90 S Quotes #213081
#59. I met Clinton at a benefit for teachers, which was a very good charity, but I met him for about 90 seconds, and I thought it was important to meet the leader of the free world. So I stood next to him for a photograph, and then apparently that's all it takes.

Julie Bowen

90 S Quotes #227032
#60. We've got a dictatorial president and a Justice Department that does not want Congress involved. Your guy's acting like he's king. His dad was at a 90 percent approval rating and he lost! And the same thing can happen to him!

Dan Burton

90 S Quotes #227180
#61. To me, photography is 90% a retrospective experience. There's the part of pursuing the image, and exposing the film, but once you make the exposure, you're always looking backwards in time. I like that aspect of photography.

John Sexton

90 S Quotes #228697
#62. I would say the most help I got was from my dad. My dad is a civil engineer in Switzerland; he's 90 years old now, so he's no longer active as a civil engineer, but still a very active person.

Claude Nicollier

90 S Quotes #236180
#63. My dad always said that 90 percent of marital problems could be solved by getting your blood sugar up, and he's right! So I would say pick a partner who's forgiving when you have low blood sugar and threaten to drive your car through your shared home.

Casey Wilson

90 S Quotes #237830
#64. He kisses me once more, on the forehead this time, and then he's gone. And I know I'm young, and fairly inexperienced where men are concerned, but I'm positive that even when I'm 90 years old I'll still remember exactly what it feels like to have his lips on my skin" ~Landon Brinkley

Rachel Hollis

90 S Quotes #239754
#65. The world's No. 1 tennis player spends 90 percent of his time winning, while the world's No. 1 golfer spends 90 percent of his time losing. Golfers are great losers.

David Feherty

90 S Quotes #240509
#66. A lot of people don't want to know, but I'd like to know if I have a 10 percent or a 90 percent chance of developing Alzheimer's some day. If I know I'm likely to develop it, I'm certainly going to start looking around right now to find if there is something that I can do to offset it.

Rick Smolan

90 S Quotes #243479
#67. I hope that when I'm 90 years old, I've accomplished a legacy that isn't all about me. I hope it's a legacy about the people who our foundation helps.

Tim Tebow

90 S Quotes #246773
#68. Being on the road with rock, it's pretty much 90 percent guys.

Karen O

90 S Quotes #265087
#69. I don't actually go to a lot of games because I think football on TV is better. Even though I'm pretty busy, I watch 90 percent of Ohio State's games.

John Legend

90 S Quotes #266959
#70. Shouldn't a three-course meal be 90 minutes? Do you know how hard you have to edit your menu to pull that off? Twenty-seven minutes. That's the average meal at Jiro's in Tokyo.

David Chang

90 S Quotes #268245
#71. It might sound a small thing, but if you want to get Tom Cruise into your movie, without a track record or without those agents knowing you, it's almost impossible. Now I can get through to pretty much anyone I want. Of course, 90 per cent of the time they still say no.

Eric Fellner

90 S Quotes #282073
#72. That middle ground of films used to be 70, 80, 90, 100; now it's like anything over 20 or under 140, the middle ground has become this huge area where they don't really want to be.

Eric Fellner

90 S Quotes #285437
#73. If I do something, it's always 90% obvious and 10% unknown.

Felix Baumgartner

90 S Quotes #300308
#74. Technology has changed things, same as everywhere. But the economy has changed drastically. When Jamaica first won independence, our dollar was stronger than the U.S. dollar. Now ours is about 90 to one. That's had a big impact on crime and poverty.

Damian Marley

90 S Quotes #303512
#75. Probably 90 percent of the stuff I make has inevitably been done before ... Whether it's playing Hamlet, which has been on the go for 400 years, or pieces from the cinematic world that also have been essayed before, I feel released by that.

Kenneth Branagh

90 S Quotes #305283
#76. Whether a studio partner is 50/50 with us, or we do 100%, or we do 75% or 90% and for the most part they just distribute, whether that's Warner Brothers or now Universal, it's always a unique situation. Every movie is almost like a start up company.

Thomas Tull

90 S Quotes #306160
#77. 90% of what we do daily is not what we think, it's just driven by our desires and not potentials.

Auliq Ice

90 S Quotes #311771
#78. Right on time, sugar." Josh draped his arm around her shoulders and steered her through the lobby. "Traffic okay?"
"Yeah, except when that alien spaceship landed on I-90 and then all those crickets jumped out to perform Beethoven's Fifth on kazoos. Otherwise, clear sailing.

Jamie Farrell

90 S Quotes #313513
#79. I am so picky about what films I get myself into because it's such an explosion of energy and commitment once you get in there, you destroy your life until you deliver these films. I never want to be in the position of making films that won't be a great use of 90 minutes of someone's life.

Lucy Walker

90 S Quotes #323615
#80. It doesn't matter what your probability of failure is. If there's a 90% chance of failure, there's a 10% chance of changing the world.

Vinod Khosla

90 S Quotes #323893
#81. My creative process involves that old saying: It's 90% perspiration and only 10% inspiration.

Rosabeth Moss Kanter

90 S Quotes #324537
#82. It's more about balance for me. I used to be an all or nothing person. And now I would rather have a lifestyle change - rather than use the word 'diet' - where 90 percent of the time spend my life that way and 10 percent of the time have fun and do what my body feels like it needs or craves.

Julianne Hough

90 S Quotes #362512
#83. We live now in a global culture where anything that happens in a place that's 90 minutes from your shores really affects you.

Edwidge Danticat

90 S Quotes #384858
#84. It's a 90 minute game for sure. In fact I used to train for a 190 minute game so that when the whistle blew at the end of the match I could have played another 90 minutes.

Bill Shankly

90 S Quotes #385929
#85. The media is too concentrated, too few people own too much. There's really five companies that control 90 percent of what we read, see and hear. It's not healthy.

Ted Turner

90 S Quotes #388883
#86. The 2009 stimulus law got the ball rolling, allowing the agency to reduce and eliminate fees and raise loan guarantees to 90 percent of the total. I knew that we had the opportunity to use S.B.A. products to fill that gap in a rapid manner, as we ended up doing in the Recovery Act.

Karen Mills

90 S Quotes #390665
#87. In Japan, the writers have made up a literary community, a circle, a society. I think 90 percent of Japan's writers live in Tokyo. Naturally, they make a community. There are groups and customs, and so they are tied up in a way.

Haruki Murakami

90 S Quotes #394986
#88. Everything is energy. It's physics. So I find the science of it all interesting; how 90% of stuff that's in our universe is made of stuff that we can't even measure. I find that fascinating.

Erin Davie

90 S Quotes #407260
#89. In Egypt, on the eve of Tahrir Square, there was a major poll which found that overwhelmingly - 80-90%, numbers like that - Egyptians regarded the main threats they face as the U.S. and Israel. They don't like Iran - Arabs generally don't like Iran - but they didn't consider it a threat.

Noam Chomsky

90 S Quotes #444540
#90. Just because someone looks old doesn't mean he or she is. The skin of some people who spend a lot of time outdoors seems to age very rapidly. Someone can look 80 or 90 and only be 40 to 50.

S. Jay Olshansky

90 S Quotes #449655
#91. No comedy should be longer than 90 minutes. There's no such thing as a good long joke.

John Waters

90 S Quotes #453138
#92. We can't heal what we don't feel. We can't have a future until we fully inhabit our present. It's like the proverbial Groundhog Day. Most people don't live 70-90 years; they live the same year 70-90 times because they keep regurgitating an incomplete present.

Derek Rydall

90 S Quotes #454861
#93. With a movie, it's probably easier to sustain intensity and seriousness over the 90-minute duration. But in an open-world game it becomes exhausting, demotivating and even uninteresting for the player.

Hideo Kojima

90 S Quotes #457648
#94. To create great work, here's how you must spend your time:
1% Inspiration
9% Perspiration
90% Justification

George Lois

90 S Quotes #469067
#95. was proud of them because he himself had painted them. The order for the seats amounted to $90,000. Who do you suppose got the order - James Adamson or one of his competitors? From the time of this story until Mr. Eastman's death,

Dale Carnegie

90 S Quotes #492455
#96. It's true when they say songwriting is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. In truth, what happens is ... songs comes through you.

Greg Lake

90 S Quotes #505027
#97. It's the only sport that's played in every country in the world. It's played and watched all over the world, it's the most popular sport in probably 90% of the countries, and then with the World Cup, you have the most viewed tournament of any sport in the world.

Claudio Reyna

90 S Quotes #512753
#98. Kids just don't read any more. They spend much more time with video games. It's just hard to get kids to read anything. Book sales have dropped dramatically, too. I think 90% of the books are bought only by 5% of the US population.

Stan Sakai

90 S Quotes #513351
#99. This country is going to implode, or put another way, it's going to get crushed under the weight of poverty. You can't have one percent of the people who own and control more wealth than the other 90 percent of the population.

Tavis Smiley

90 S Quotes #518603
#100. If you're a comic, you don't have a rehearsal room; you rehearse on stage. My main concern is remembering everything. I've written lots of material, but how do you memorise 90 minutes? That's one hell of a long speech. I've always had problems with that.

Dylan Moran

90 S Quotes #526529

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top