Top 30 7 Seas Quotes

#1. It mingles in seas of carousels
It becomes the past and knows it not.

Gina Marinello-Sweeney

7 Seas Quotes #543
#2. The reason why rivers and seas are able to be lords over a hundred mountain streams, is that they know how to keep below them. That is why they are able to reign over all the mountain streams.

Laozi

7 Seas Quotes #605
#3. He who combines the useful and the pleasing wins out by both instructing and delighting the reader. That is the sort of book that will make money for the publisher, cross the seas, and extend the fame of the author.

Horace

7 Seas Quotes #15775
#4. It has been said that the hardest job in the world is raising a child, but the people who says this have probably never worked at a comb factory or captured pirates on the high seas.

Lemony Snicket

7 Seas Quotes #16390
#5. This philosophy teaches us to leave safe harbor for the rough seas of real-world experience, and to accept that a rough copy out in the world serves us far greater than a masterpiece sitting quietly on our shelves.

Chris Matakas

7 Seas Quotes #18694
#6. Every child knows its mother, Dany thought. When the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

George R R Martin

7 Seas Quotes #19854
#7. The key to all strange things is in thy heart ... / My spirit has come home, that sailed the doubtful seas.

Countee Cullen

7 Seas Quotes #21473
#8. You wear your armor even to dinner, Lady Wilhelmina?"
"Of course I wear armor. I am sitting with a pirate, a mercenary, an adventurer, and a bounder. If a shot is not fired tonight, I daresay that your reputations are nothing but lies.

Meljean Brook

7 Seas Quotes #29808
#9. Conrad placed on the title page an epigraph taken from Edmund Spenser's The Faerie Queene:
"Sleep after toyle, port after stormie seas,
Ease after warre, death after life, does greatly please"
This also became Conrad's epitaph.

Joseph Conrad

7 Seas Quotes #34102
#10. I should have been a pair of ragged claws/ Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

T. S. Eliot

7 Seas Quotes #41591
#11. In our interdependent world, our neighbors are not only on our street, but can be ten thousand miles away on an island in rising seas.

Achim Steiner

7 Seas Quotes #52143
#12. The health of life on Earth depends on its oceans. But unless we save our seas from the growing mounds of pop bottles, cigarette butts and plastic trash, soon there won't be much healthy sea left.

Zoe Helene

7 Seas Quotes #54022
#13. Long hast thou lain in dreams of war - Lift from the dark your eyeless gaze! Stand beneath the sky once more, Where seas of suns spill all ablaze!

Anonymous

7 Seas Quotes #61840
#14. My last picture for Warners was Romance on the High Seas. It was Doris Day's first picture; that was before she became a virgin.

Oscar Levant

7 Seas Quotes #64087
#15. He was swimming in a sea of other people's expectations. Men had drowned in seas like that.

Robert Jordan

7 Seas Quotes #68142
#16. The seas need their own Kyoto Protocol.

Enric Sala

7 Seas Quotes #69310
#17. We have a light upon our house, and it gives hope to all who sail upon the stormy seas. Do ya know what it means to have a light burning atop your home? It is safety, a place of refuge, seen by all that as a signal that ye stand for something greater than this world, greater than us all.

James Michael Pratt

7 Seas Quotes #72726
#18. A boat would seem to be an object whose one purpose is to travel, but its real purpose is not to travel but to reach harbour. We found ourselves on the high seas, with no idea of which port we should be aiming for.

Fernando Pessoa

7 Seas Quotes #73507
#19. We're working with our neighbors Indonesia and Malaysia to fight terrorism in our own common seas.

Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo

7 Seas Quotes #78674
#20. No matter what terror or loveliness the earth could produce - winds, seas - a person could produce the same, lived with the same, lived with all that mixed-up nature swirling inside, every bit.

Lorrie Moore

7 Seas Quotes #83562
#21. While cheap products are exported to western countries, the waste is dumped mostly in China's back yard, contaminating its air, water, soil and seas.

Ma Jun

7 Seas Quotes #85676
#22. Sometimes I have thought that human misery goes far beyond human imagination, - imagination has its limits, and misery, like the vast seas, appears to be without end.

Henryk Sienkiewicz

7 Seas Quotes #86634
#23. In 'Deadliest Catch,' we have men in ships in rough seas catching crabs. With 'Whale Wars,' we have men and women from a dozen different nations going out to sea in rough weather to help save the whales. We also have icebergs, whales, penguins, and dramatic ship-to-ship confrontations.

Paul Watson

7 Seas Quotes #86737
#24. We're all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding.

Rudyard Kipling

7 Seas Quotes #89024
#25. The Sun, the Stars, the Seas with all other things were made by the Divine Being, God.

Lailah Gifty Akita

7 Seas Quotes #97061
#26. I'd been tossing on the seas for twenty-eight years, I was used to flipping around on the waves by myself,
bailing out the water like a mad fool.
How did I get used to an anchor?
What if that anchor broke off?

Kristen Ashley

7 Seas Quotes #98407
#27. Shivering, she would lie awake imagining her veins sluggish with frozen blood, ice crystals weaving a coral-like shining net around her heart. Her dreams were full of black seas and ice floes and frozen lakes ...

Cassandra Clare

7 Seas Quotes #104684
#28. The drying up a single tear has more, of honest fame, than shedding seas of gore.

Lord Byron

7 Seas Quotes #106792
#29. Who me? I play scales. The scales of
dead fish of oil-slicked seas. My sister
blows wind through the hollows of fallen
trees. And we are the echoes of eternity.
Maybe you've heard of us.
We do rebirths, revolts, and resurrections.

Saul Williams

7 Seas Quotes #108282
#30. The seas are quiet when the winds give o'er; So calm are we when passions are no more!

Edmund Waller

7 Seas Quotes #112954

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top