Top 100 60 S Quotes

#1. Today it feels as if rock'n'roll has sort of turned in on its self, kids are 'rockin' to the same groups their parents do/did. We've seen it recently with The Stone Roses reunion shows, quite unique but is it healthy. Wasn't the 60's about rebelling against the tastes of your parents?

Andrew Loog Oldham

60 S Quotes #33216
#2. There are some people who love being a something, but I also got the gist in the 60's when I grew up that you could be, in the art scene, very diverse.

Charlemagne Palestine

60 S Quotes #64336
#3. The 90's are the 60's standing on their head.

Wavy Gravy

60 S Quotes #82771
#4. Well Buddhism, 'shmoodism', I didn't go to India looking for Buddhism. I was looking for truth, or God, or a better way of life or happiness, fulfillment, meaning, purpose. And a way to become peace in the world and not just fight for peace, as we had in the 60's.

Surya Das

60 S Quotes #100520
#5. For my own style, I love vintage. 60's and 70's are my favorite. I love baby doll dresses and the soft colors. I try to mix a little bit of modern into that - maybe I'll wear it with boots. At my school we wear a uniform, but we have one day a week we can wear whatever we want.

Elle Fanning

60 S Quotes #115264
#6. My primary influences were the best jazz players from the 50's and 60's and later some of the pop people from the same time period along with the better of the well known blues musicians.

Walter Becker

60 S Quotes #117213
#7. You can't win for losing. Either you fulfill their stereotype of being a radical 60's person or you've sold out. In fact, of course, millions of people who were active in the 60's are doing work on issues that try to reflect their values.

Bernadine Dohrn

60 S Quotes #129888
#8. It think acceptance levels sort of swings back and forth. Like in the 60's there was a lot more freedom with sex that doesn't exist today. Language has gotten pushed a bit farther and violence is way far out.

Bob Saget

60 S Quotes #140622
#9. An era that I specifically like is sort of late 50's, early 60's. I guess mid 50's too. I like these types of films that deal with post WWII America and this more complex leading man that kind of emerges from that.

Alden Ehrenreich

60 S Quotes #196264
#10. Those 4 guys in the late 60's who attacked a jewel merchant on New York's West 46th St. on the sidewalk, so they could steal his jewel-filled station wagon, which they abandoned 2 blocks later because none of them could drive a stick shift. Where would I be without such people?

Donald E. Westlake

60 S Quotes #227459
#11. Broadway has changed tremendously from the early days when the shows were referred to as musical comedies. Musical Theater is now a more expanded art form. Back then, singer/actors were not the norm. From the 60's to now, it is necessary to do it all to be a consummate Broadway performer.

Betty Buckley

60 S Quotes #242307
#12. Feminism is the best thing to come out of the '60's.

Marianne Faithfull

60 S Quotes #335792
#13. If you grew up in the 60's or 70's, and didn't do drugs I don't trust you.

Danny Danko

60 S Quotes #340083
#14. I loved what Brigitte Bardot represented in the 60's. Definite favourite.

Coeur De Pirate

60 S Quotes #453900
#15. First of all, anybody who has lasted 30 and went through the 60's is really a survivor.

Patti Smith

60 S Quotes #499033
#16. During the Mavelmania days in the late '60's I got a phone call one evening and I answered it and this voice said, "Mike Royer? This is Jack Kirby. Word is you're a pretty good inker." That's how it started.

Mike Royer

60 S Quotes #511456
#17. I'll fly Away took place in the 50's and 60's in America's South, and there are a couple of scenes where me and my friends are supposed to be skinny dipping with these girls.

Jeremy London

60 S Quotes #519600
#18. Elvis is the greatest cultural force in the twentieth century. He introduced the beat to everything, music, language, clothes, it's a whole new social revolution - the 60's comes from it.

Leonard Bernstein

60 S Quotes #530574
#19. Space is not a two-year objective. It used to be, in the early '60's, we had this eye candy of Mercury and Gemini and Apollo and every year we would do something more and more and it met those needs. But the easy stuff has been done.

Peter Diamandis

60 S Quotes #575900
#20. I sang in the coffee houses ... in the early 60's with no idea of success in terms of records or television. I just thought I was a storyteller. I had this deep, bassy voice. But I had incredible passion for the music I was singing.

Judy Collins

60 S Quotes #599485
#21. My roots are more in he Beatles, Zeppelin, the whole 60's side.

Pat Mastelotto

60 S Quotes #655490
#22. Because of what I loved at 7, I still get jobs in my 60's. Guess who got the job? Crazy Ray.
Ray Bradbury

Sherri Rabinowitz

60 S Quotes #657617
#23. As far as film goes, I enjoy all Hollywood films and all Horror films like The Bride of Frankenstein, which also might be my favorite. I like 60's and 70's Italian and Spanish Horror films.

Johnny Ramone

60 S Quotes #658246
#24. This is so much better than the 60's. So much less self indulgent and desperate. What you have here is a large group of people trying to practice unconditional love for strangers, and for the most part, succeeding.

John Perry Barlow

60 S Quotes #704949
#25. In the late 60's to the early 70's, I was caught between the hippie and the skinhead movement. I had my hair cut so I didn't look like a straight at a hippie event, and I didn't look like a hippie at a skinhead event. It was a good haircut.

Dave Wakeling

60 S Quotes #712104
#26. I didn't make my first solo record until 1981 so I don't have any 60's or 70's recordings but I am working on a large boxed set called DUST to be released next year, the 20th anniversary of my first solo record.

Adrian Belew

60 S Quotes #740301
#27. I was guaranteed a hundred thousand dollars a year for five years, which was big money in the early 60's. You think, acquiring that should cool you out, but for me it wasn't true.

Dion DiMucci

60 S Quotes #782944
#28. If The Beatles or the 60's had a message, it was 'Learn to swim. And once you've learned - swim!

John Lennon

60 S Quotes #783588
#29. President Bush announced a major new plan for the United States to put a man on the moon, which would be a really big story if this were 1962. Bush said he didn't remember anything about the 60's - I guess he wasn't lying.

Jay Leno

60 S Quotes #856621
#30. We all have friends and loved ones who say 60's the new 30. No. Sixty's the new 60.

Iman

60 S Quotes #858993
#31. I love 40's-60's fashion because it suits the type of figure that I have the most, so that's what I always go for. I won't change!

Marina And The Diamonds

60 S Quotes #903974
#32. I was introduced to skateboarding through my father. He was a surfer back in the 50's & 60's in Hawaii, where my parents grew up. They later moved to California and I was born. Skateboarding was the thing for surfers here in California in the 60's and my Dad immediately made me a homemade board.

Christian Hosoi

60 S Quotes #907295
#33. The 60's has its own particular style and I think setting film in a period enables you to create your own reality that the audience can escape into and have fun, and in a way make it more real than it actually is.

Lionel Wigram

60 S Quotes #913780
#34. What distresses me at times is that I meet a lot of people in their 40's, 50's, 60's, who still say they're a victim of child abuse.

Dave Pelzer

60 S Quotes #954058
#35. One day all the racists and religious extremists in this world will wake up and realize that they are living in a 60's movie.

Thisuri Wanniarachchi

60 S Quotes #965204
#36. Country Music has always changed for the times, if you listen to the recordings from the 50's to 60's to 70's, to now, the message is still there, basic down to earth songs about real people, it the music that's been updated. Some of it I like, but still prefer the traditional sound.

Mark Chesnutt

60 S Quotes #1010662
#37. In the late 60's I was enrolled at Occidental College majoring in philosophy and taking several studio art classes, but I dropped out. It was a very confusing time with the war in Vietnam and the social changes sweeping the nation.

Stephen Beal

60 S Quotes #1090674
#38. Well neither of us were "Buddhists" then because it was new to us. We were 60's people. Psychedelic relics, you know ... whatever, right on, radicals and world changers, social peaceniks perhaps, with a Buddhist spiritual veneer.

Surya Das

60 S Quotes #1153858
#39. What I love more than anything is Jerry Goldsmith's 80's music and Bernard Herrmann's genre music from the 50's and 60's.

Bear McCreary

60 S Quotes #1166096
#40. It's nice that psychedelic music is kind of a buzzword. When I started with Vincent Black Shadow, stoner-rock was getting big, but it was more of a riff-oriented thing. Now people are starting to get into the 60's-Pink Floyd-acid-pop viewpoint.

Mike Romano

60 S Quotes #1198176
#41. Regardless, I did rise to the editorship before embarking on a freelance career in the late '60's.

Brock Yates

60 S Quotes #1222564
#42. I know my hair is out of the '60's, my clothes are '50's and the shoes I wear are from the '40's. But I like looking like I came out of a fairy tale.

Dolly Parton

60 S Quotes #1240438
#43. In the show, we have recreated two sketches that my dad had, or pieces that my dad had developed. One that he had developed with my mother, one that Frank Oz had developed with my dad. And these are old pieces from the '50's and '60's, and we're going to develop more, too.

Brian Henson

60 S Quotes #1243945
#44. During the 60's, I was, in fact, very concerned about the civil rights movement.

Joe Biden

60 S Quotes #1266441
#45. Sometimes it's the mistakes that end up leading you into new territory .. like the guitar solo on 'Peelin' Taters' - I had some speaker problems, but the tone ended up sounding better than if I had new speakers .. it's a 60's Nashville, 'uptown' thing

Junior Brown

60 S Quotes #1281021
#46. I definitely appreciated '60s music. My uncle and I used to take long road trips to visit my grandmother when I was going to NYU. We'd listen to Petula Clark and other 60's music and sing at the top of our lungs the whole time.

Erica Schroeder

60 S Quotes #1303405
#47. The 60's are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.

Abbie Hoffman

60 S Quotes #1303911
#48. In your 20's and 30's, you worry about what other people think. In your 40's and 50's you stop worrying about what other people think. Finally in your 60's and 70's, you realize they were never thinking about you in the first place!

Anonymous

60 S Quotes #1307900
#49. I was on a founding members of the Canadian theatre movement in the late 60's till the mid 70's and performed theatre from Halifax to Vancouver and all places in between.

Nick Mancuso

60 S Quotes #1322632
#50. I don't have any computers in my studio, it's all analog tape. All analog tape, all old equipment, I mean my mics are like from the 60's and early 70's, everything in there is old.

Adrian Younge

60 S Quotes #1402864
#51. Bob Dylan's first couple of records in the 60's weren't considered cover records, but he only wrote one or two original songs on each album.

John Mellencamp

60 S Quotes #1413005
#52. In the 60's there was a look. In the 70's there was a look, and in the 80's. Now, it's a free-for-all.

Betsey Johnson

60 S Quotes #1414666
#53. During the 60's, drug use was in fashion in the U.S.

Bill Toomey

60 S Quotes #1592778
#54. Spirit is love, spirit is connection, inclusive, and that's what I'm interested in, and that's what moved me. That's what I got more and more into as I grew up and as I was in college in the 60's with consciousness raising and other kind of things, gestalt psychology etc.

Surya Das

60 S Quotes #1629563
#55. Talking about the all night concerts, I did some of the first all night concerts back in the 60's with this little harmonium, and I also had saxophone taped delays.

Terry Riley

60 S Quotes #1645683
#56. I was growing up in the 50's and 60's. Back then they didn't even know what dyslexia was.

Caitlyn Jenner

60 S Quotes #1734655
#57. In America, for a brief time, people who followed Coltrane were studied and considered important, but it didn't last long. The result is that the kind of music I played in the '60's is completely dismissed in this country as a wrong turn, a suicidal effort.

Archie Shepp

60 S Quotes #1767513
#58. Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl ... interrupted.

Susanna Kaysen

60 S Quotes #1815865
#59. There's always a spattering of people who see Hanson who were influenced by classic '60's and '70's rock and roll. In a lot of ways, we're sort of the anatomy of a '70's rock band if you examine what we do: white guys who grew up listening to soul music from the '50's and '60's.

Taylor Hanson

60 S Quotes #1817451
#60. At the beginning of the 60's our country called the foreign workers to come to Germany and now they live in our country. We kidded ourselves a while, we said: 'They won't stay, sometime they will be gone.' But this isn't reality.

Angela Merkel

60 S Quotes #1824898
#61. I think you can realise that a lot of people in bands - well - I guess you kinda wanna ... There's a lot less mystique in playing in a rock band today, than in the 60's or 70's. I don't think there's any bands that I can think of, that have this rock god myth that like Led Zeppelin had.

Chris Baio

60 S Quotes #1862638
#62. When I was an art student in the early 60's before the acid scene began I was smoking pot just like anyone else who was an artist.

Bill Griffith

60 S Quotes #1869760
#63. When the show opens, fans can text to a number we flash up on the screen, and then we do a meet-and-greet with 60 to 80 people every night. It's something I love doing, and I would say that's probably more fans than most artists bring backstage after a show.

Luke Bryan

60 S Quotes #3705
#64. Consider this on your birthday
You've got life's struggle beaten
For 60 years you've ate
And avoided being eaten

John Walter Bratton

60 S Quotes #16179
#65. A great sports car that goes from 0-60 in 3.9 seconds is just a fact. To the wrong audience, it's irrelevant. But to the right audience, it's a passion.

David Brier

60 S Quotes #43298
#66. I'm 60 years of age. That's 16 Celsius.

George Carlin

60 S Quotes #69831
#67. As a comedian, I don't know if they're laughing because it's funny or if they're laughing at me because I'm not funny. And I'm thinking, 'Who cares? They're laughing.' If you go on stage, and they're laughing at you full-on for 60 minutes? You know, whatever puts them in the seats.

Larry The Cable Guy

60 S Quotes #103516
#68. Our Keystone legislation received strong bipartisan support in the Senate. Although it didn't receive the 60 votes necessary for passage, 56 senators - a majority - voted in favor of the bill. Despite President Obama's actively lobbying against the bill, we still won the support of 11 Democrats.

John Hoeven

60 S Quotes #126305
#69. For 'Vikings,' we have to do so much outside shooting, and it's normally - I think with American shows, it'll be 60 or 70 percent inside and a little bit outside, but with us, it's almost 70 percent outside, and that's huge and really difficult.

Michael Hirst

60 S Quotes #136705
#70. We own 18 percent of just the PC business. Now that's only about 60 percent of our business today.

Kevin Rollins

60 S Quotes #143989
#71. If there's one thing I'm not going to apologise for as the leader of the Liberal Democrats in government after 60 or 70 years of being out of government, it's that you just cannot avoid but deal with the world the way it is.

Nick Clegg

60 S Quotes #169265
#72. To see someone 70 years old with dyed black hair, you're like, 'Hmmm, I dunno. Is that a wrinkled teenager? What is that?' So at some point, I'm going to have to stop doing this. It's gonna look ridiculous. I don't wanna look like Elvis Presley at 60 years old.

Peter Steele

60 S Quotes #183368
#73. I don't buy the 'at 60 it's great to have kids' thing. I don't buy the line that has been thrown down - 'You can have a kid at any time.' That doesn't mean you should.

Lewis Black

60 S Quotes #186198
#74. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that the number of overweight adult Americans increased over 60 percent between 1991 and 2000. According to CDC data, the U.S. population of overweight children between ages two and five increased by almost 36 percent from 1989 to 1999.

Richard Louv

60 S Quotes #199864
#75. I'm not a Luddite, but I'm outside more than I'm on my computer. We have a micro-farm - it's a step up from a garden. We have a pretty extensive vineyard. We grow about 60 percent of our own food, make our own wine, have chickens for eggs.

Emilio Estevez

60 S Quotes #216841
#76. It's almost impossible to deal with a crazy man, except that he does have religious beliefs, and the world of Islam will be damaged if a fanatic like him should commit murder in the name of religion against 60 innocent people.

Ruhollah Khomeini

60 S Quotes #221300
#77. I don't keep an ongoing dribble of updates of my day, but I tell little compartmentalized stories every day on Snapchat. I use it much more like making a movie than maintaining a diary. When people watch my 60-second clips, there's a beginning, middle, and end.

Casey Neistat

60 S Quotes #241379
#78. The idea of regretting not doing this seemed insane to me. Sitting in the corner at a bar at age 60, saying: 'I could've been Bond. Buy me a drink.' That's the saddest place I could be. At least now at 60 I can say: 'I was Bond. Now buy me a drink.'

Daniel Craig

60 S Quotes #241491
#79. What I love most about Her Majesty is that she has kept hats alive in people's minds for more than 60 years. You can't think of her without imagining her with a hat or a crown. I would, of course, love to design one for her.

Philip Treacy

60 S Quotes #271175
#80. One's relationship to time is complicated, and sometimes a day will drag on forever and sometimes it'll be over in a flash. When you look back, "I'm old," after 40 or 60 years, I can't believe I'm as old as I am.

Frederick Wiseman

60 S Quotes #290363
#81. That's why 60,000 people go ape when the Stones play 'Satisfaction.' The songs are part of their legacy, and you fall back in love with them over the years.

Joe Elliott

60 S Quotes #306175
#82. I've been writing a lot about just the aspects of luck and being picked, and how of course it's always how one perceives themselves in the world, as a bit of a scapegoat or a bit of a hero. Everyone generally has about a 60/40 split that volleys, between those two.

Doseone

60 S Quotes #309852
#83. My mother opened a bank account for me when I made $60 on my first day of work as an extra. She's that kind of mother.

Laura Dern

60 S Quotes #368667
#84. Touring is tough. You're almost in a haze because you don't really know where you are half the time: You're in a hotel room one moment, and the next thing you know, you're onstage performing for 60,000 people, then you're back on an airplane. It's very hectic and I couldn't do it without my family.

Vanessa Hudgens

60 S Quotes #436431
#85. Rex is 60 years old with 13 million images and 10 million in archive. It's the first time we've had a historic archive to work with, which is super interesting.

Jon Oringer

60 S Quotes #458021
#86. If you've ever wondered how many prisons need to operate withinin America, just look at the literacy rate. 60% of America's prison inmates are illiterate and 85% of all juvenile offenders have reading problems.

United States Dept. Of Education

60 S Quotes #491651
#87. On March 8 a poll showed Hart 9 points ahead of Reagan. So perhaps 60 million Americans, 55 million of whom had not heard of Hart a month ago, have suddenly decided thay want him to be leader of the free world. The public mind is not just soft wax, it's runny.

George Will

60 S Quotes #565454
#88. By far the biggest portion of a bushel of American commodity corn (about 60% of it, or some 50k kernels) goes to feeding livestock, and much of that goes to feeding America's 100 million beef cattle

Michael Pollan

60 S Quotes #577020
#89. Nearly 60% of Americans who regularly attend Christian church say there is no such thing as the Holy Spirit - they say the Holy Spirit is just a symbol of God's power or presence or purity.

George Barna

60 S Quotes #653330
#90. When you finally understand who you are, ages 6 through 60 will understand who you are. Because when they see a person that's come through all that I've come through, still standing, it's amazing.

Mary J. Blige

60 S Quotes #682033
#91. Find something that you want to do when you're 60. Find your passion. Your passion, your work, whatever it is that you want to do. Find something that you would do, even if you didn't get paid. Whether it's an art or whether is something that you're passionate about.

Pauly Shore

60 S Quotes #712676
#92. Since puberty I've always had this strange awareness that all the keener experiences I would have in my life would happen later than it would to my contemporaries. When it came to the career thing, I never worried about it. It's better if you're still peaking when you're 60, which I feel I am.

Richard Griffiths

60 S Quotes #735239
#93. He [Barack Obama] talked about deficit reduction. This got me he was talking about how the deficit's being reduced faster in the last 60 years. That's because he's collected more taxes. That's like bragging that you paid your rent after you robbed a bank. It makes no sense.

Barack Obama

60 S Quotes #737655
#94. The reality is that beer still outsells wine and spirits combined, and makes up 60 of all alcoholic beverage occasions. It's important to keep beer fun, relevant and in step with the changing preferences of adults who enjoy beer.

Pat McGauley

60 S Quotes #791100
#95. It's a beautiful thing at 60 to know who you are.

Richard Mourdock

60 S Quotes #804106
#96. If I write something set 60 years in the future, I am going to have to explain how humanity got there, and that's becoming quite a big job.

William Gibson

60 S Quotes #830183
#97. When you are around 60, there are certain things that are completely terrifying. One of them is that you have made the wrong choices in life, and now it's too late to do anything about them.

Henning Mankell

60 S Quotes #836754
#98. I'm in charge of the State Department's 60,000-plus people all over the world, 275 posts.

Hillary Clinton

60 S Quotes #848126
#99. What's a space elevator? Simply described, it's a thin ribbon, about 3 feet wide and 60 thousand miles long, stretching upwards from the surface of the Earth. The lower end is bolted to a heavy anchor (think of an oil drilling platform), and the top is capped with a counterweight.

Seth Shostak

60 S Quotes #856160
#100. What did Sept. 11 do? It took me from 60-70 percent name recognition as mayor of New York to about 90 percent. Of course it had an impact. But it's not the only reason I was successful.

Rudy Giuliani

60 S Quotes #871036

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top