Top 66 4 O Clock Quotes

#1. I was nervous from the very beginning, and it got worse as the years went on. I was conscientious and wanted to do more, always, than I was able. I don't think, when I was playing, that I was ever happy - beginning at 4 o'clock any afternoon.

Katharine Cornell

4 O Clock Quotes #440267
#2. I used to play until 4 o'clock in the morning.My dad would go nuts - he'd scream and say the cops are gonna come and break our instruments.

Kamasi Washington

4 O Clock Quotes #42450
#3. It is hard to believe when I'm with you that there can be anything as still
as solemn as unpleasantly definitive as statuary when right in front of it
in the warm New York 4 o'clock light we are drifting back and forth
between each other like a tree breathing through its spectacles

Frank O'Hara

4 O Clock Quotes #1864832
#4. I write seven days a week, starting at 4 o'clock in the morning, including Christmas.

Dan Brown

4 O Clock Quotes #1840205
#5. My father walked to school 4 o'clock every morning with no shoes on, uphill, both ways, in 5 feet of snow and he was thankful.

Bill Cosby

4 O Clock Quotes #1782557
#6. For me, training is my meditation, my yoga, hiking, biking all rolled into one. Wake up early in the morning, generally around 4 o'clock, and I'll do my cardio on an empty stomach. Stretch, have a big breakfast, and then I'll go train.

Dwayne Johnson

4 O Clock Quotes #1522930
#7. I love watching people, and that's what I do; just go for a walk at about 4 o'clock, and go down a busy street, where you see people coming out of school and you get a glimpse of their lives, what they're talking about.

Andrea Corr

4 O Clock Quotes #1463500
#8. I get up early in the morning, 4 o'clock, and I sit at my desk and what I do is just dream. After three or four hours, that's enough. In the afternoon, I run.

Haruki Murakami

4 O Clock Quotes #1434967
#9. I was super-obsessed with cover videos. When I was, like, 10, I would come home from school and watch them from 4 o'clock until 8 o'clock every night. I was so intrigued that people took these super-popular songs and did them their own way.

Shawn Mendes

4 O Clock Quotes #1320726
#10. I don't have a sweet tooth, normally; I'm a salty-savory girl. But when I'm pregnant, almost as a ritual, at 4 o'clock, I'll have cookies-and-cream ice cream!

Ivanka Trump

4 O Clock Quotes #1117764
#11. My first job, 9 years old, part-time, was selling Christmas cards door-to-door. Ten years old, my brother and I had paper routes. We delivered a morning paper called the 'L.A. Examiner.' Get up at 4 o'clock, fold your papers, deliver them and get ready for school.

John Paul DeJoria

4 O Clock Quotes #748609
#12. I am now of all humors that have showed themselves humors
since the old days of goodman Adam to the pupil age of this
present twelve o'clock at midnight.

William Shakespeare

4 O Clock Quotes #46795
#13. As a kid at the World's Fair in 1965, I missed seeing the big global population clock roll over from 2,999,999,999 to 3 billion - I was really disappointed.

Bill Nye

4 O Clock Quotes #35818
#14. When you work alone at home, time can become shapeless. There are no eleven o'clock meetings or afternoon coffee breaks. The light outside may clue me in to what part of the day it is, but if all is going well, the hours bleed together.

Isabel Gillies

4 O Clock Quotes #46700
#15. For writing, I get up early in the morning - 5 o'clock, 4:30. I'm a morning person ... So I try to do it while people are asleep. The mornings are the nicest.

Patti Scialfa

4 O Clock Quotes #45795
#16. The preciousness of every moment is emphasized with every tick of the clock. Isn't it a magnificent day today?

Bel Kaufman

4 O Clock Quotes #44471
#17. I don't feel like a person at all: I am something to be loaded and unloaded, like a sofa or a cuckoo clock. I am something to be tossed into a junkyard, thrown into the river, if necessary. I don't feel real anymore. I feel like I could disappear.

Gillian Flynn

4 O Clock Quotes #43428
#18. The clock is impotent; mechanical time does not affect those living in an eternal present.

Paul Schrader

4 O Clock Quotes #43036
#19. Where will you go, when the clock strikes twelve? What will you do, when you face yourself? How will you live, knowing what you've done? How will you die, if your soul's already gone?

Marie Lu

4 O Clock Quotes #42301
#20. TV on the internet can now be freed from the need to fill a clock. It can expand past video.

Jeff Jarvis

4 O Clock Quotes #39996
#21. A Clock is not time; it's numbers and springs. Pay it no mind.

Peter S. Beagle

4 O Clock Quotes #39169
#22. A finely carved Black Forest cuckoo clock hung just to the right of the hutch. Phil would love that, Reuben thought. Phil had once collected cuckoo clocks, and their constant chiming and tweeting and cooing had driven everybody at home a little nuts.

Anne Rice

4 O Clock Quotes #38398
#23. Policeman: "A hermit eh? Then why's your table set for four?"
Groucho: "That's nothing. My alarm clock is set for eight.

Groucho Marx

4 O Clock Quotes #36964
#24. The caricature of what George Osborne is doing on the fiscal side is absurd. If you read some of the commentary, particularly from the left, you would think he was turning the clock back to the 1930s.

Nick Clegg

4 O Clock Quotes #36736
#25. I eat 6 or 7 raw vegetables every day, 4 or 5 pieces of fresh fruit. I eat egg whites each day. If I eat bread, it has to be whole wheat. I eat brown rice. I don't eat between meals. I eat at 11 o'clock in the morning and 7 o'clock at night.

Jack LaLanne

4 O Clock Quotes #1854424
#26. The hands of a clock will find their way home.

Mitch Albom

4 O Clock Quotes #46925
#27. I want to host a religious show. I'm sure nobody will be wanting the 11 o'clock spot on Sunday morning. I think we should really get some of our own preachers and preach that gay is good. And we'd have a great choir.

Kate Clinton

4 O Clock Quotes #47702
#28. The clock doesn't matter in baseball. Time stands still or moves backwards. Theoretically, one game could go on forever. Some seem to.

Herb Caen

4 O Clock Quotes #48616
#29. I don't think I'm going to become Brad Pitt overnight, but I presume if walk down Oxford Street, there is a chance someone might clock me.

Taron Egerton

4 O Clock Quotes #49302
#30. One evening, after a particularly terrible row, the prince smashed his princess over the head with an old wooden clock and she tumbled to the floor, dead.

Brooke Warra

4 O Clock Quotes #49396
#31. The pressures of business relationships: so I tell the guy I usually have my tea time at 10 o'clock every morning. He calls me at noon (very upset) because I didn't meet him on the golf course.

Eric Christopher Jackson

4 O Clock Quotes #49469
#32. The clock gulps softly, eating second whole while she waits ...

Barbara Kingsolver

4 O Clock Quotes #51008
#33. My doctor says I must not have any serious conversation after seven [o'clock]. It makes me talk in my sleep.

Oscar Wilde

4 O Clock Quotes #52242
#34. I usually record all through the night, but I'm known for waking up early in the morning. Even if I had recorded till 3 or 4 in the morning I might wake up at 9 or 10. I never sleep till 1 o clock.

Gucci Mane

4 O Clock Quotes #110628
#35. I had the perfect job for a gamer. From February to October, I'd get up at 7 in the morning with nothing to do but play games until I had to be at the park around 1 or 2 o'clock. When I got back after the game, I played until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Curt Schilling

4 O Clock Quotes #504355
#36. I had an amazing childhood, lots of love. But my dad worked his tail off, getting up at 4 in the morning and going off at 5, 6 o'clock, yet he always had time to spend with his kids and his wife.

Criss Angel

4 O Clock Quotes #706925
#37. With respect to the distribution of your time the following is what I should approve. from 8. to 10 o'clock practise music. from 10. to 1. dance one day & draw another. from 1. to 2. draw on the day you dance, and write a letter next day. from 3. to 4. read French. from 4. to 5. exercise ...

Thomas Jefferson

4 O Clock Quotes #741700
#38. I am a sleeper. When you wake up at 4:30 in the morning to do a workout, you're sleepy at 8 in the evening. By 10 o'clock at the latest, I'm in bed.

Michelle Obama

4 O Clock Quotes #1050471
#39. On the most Scottish thing he'd ever seen: I was going through a town called Bathgate at around 11 o'clock at night. And there was a guy leaning and pissing against a front door. He then took out his keys and went inside.

Frankie Boyle

4 O Clock Quotes #11848
#40. Was I wrong? Was I imagining a problem where there wasn't one? Of course my great aunt Maureen always said even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Suzanne M. Trauth

4 O Clock Quotes #7
#41. Ank froze. The moaning became more stressful and a little bit louder. "I think its coming from the basement."
Without warning, Ank grabs a pool stick and starts banging on the floorboards. "Would you shut up! It four o'clock in the morning and people are trying to get their beauty sleep!

Khalia Hades

4 O Clock Quotes #1688
#42. At two o'clock in the morning, if you open your window and listen,
You will hear the feet of the Wind that is going to call the sun.
And the trees in the Shadow rustle and the trees in the moonlight glisten,
And though it is deep, dark night, you feel that the night is done.

Rudyard Kipling

4 O Clock Quotes #1772
#43. Even though it was six o'clock, there was no sense of approaching dawn.

Mary Higgins Clark

4 O Clock Quotes #2118
#44. If you said to people you can cast a secret ballot on whether to turn back the clock and have Morsi in power again, I don't think very many people in Washington would turn back that clock.

Elliott Abrams

4 O Clock Quotes #2305
#45. The Republicans, with their crazed Reagan fixation, are a last-gasp party, living posthumously, fighting battles on sex, race, immigration and public education long ago won by the other side. They're trying to roll back the clock, but time is passing them by.

Maureen Dowd

4 O Clock Quotes #5774
#46. Don't let a three-o'clock-at-night feeling fog your soul.

L.M. Montgomery

4 O Clock Quotes #5865
#47. Any film I see at two o'clock in afternoon with my mother seems to cast a strange spell that means we both come out sobbing.

Jane Birkin

4 O Clock Quotes #6480
#48. You don't need to manage the clock when you score in one play.

Todd Blackledge

4 O Clock Quotes #7698
#49. Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.

Elbert Hubbard

4 O Clock Quotes #9676
#50. Animation is a great way to work. No early morning call times, no make-up chair. In live action, you're always fighting the clock; the sun is always going down too soon.

John C. Reilly

4 O Clock Quotes #9679
#51. A Seth Thomas steeple clock stood on a high shelf. When it struck ten, Grandma jerked awake. She looked around the room astonished. It was her belief that she never slept, not even in bed.

Richard Peck

4 O Clock Quotes #11271
#52. A clock is a little machine that shuts us out from the wonder of time.

Susan Glaspell

4 O Clock Quotes #11574
#53. On the church vaulting above was the clock-face of eternity, void of number and serving as its own hand, only one black finger was pointing and the dead wanted to tell the time by it.

Jean Paul Friedrich Richter

4 O Clock Quotes #35531
#54. We've seen with this president, experience matters. When that phone call comes at three o'clock in the morning, I will be up and ready for the call because I will know what's going on in the world around us.

Rick Santorum

4 O Clock Quotes #12772
#55. His grin turns boyish. Assuming you don't clock an angel for pissing you off.

Susan Ee

4 O Clock Quotes #13036
#56. Breakfast was an irritable business. The clock, on the wall, MapHead noticed, seemed to make everyone unhappy. Everyone checked the clock on the wall, then rushed around looking grim. It would be a simple matter to fix it, MapHead thought. No reason not to be happy.

Lesley Howarth

4 O Clock Quotes #17890
#57. At morning, I'm unruffled - I'll sit with my tea and Muse Cat beside me and listen to the soft chime of the grandfather clock ...

John Geddes

4 O Clock Quotes #18780
#58. The whitewash'd wall, the nicely sanded floor, The varnish'd clock that click'd behind the door; The chest, contriv'd a double debt to pay,- A bed by night, a chest of drawers by day.

Oliver Goldsmith

4 O Clock Quotes #21043
#59. What time do you need to be at work tomorrow, Hon?' Lexi asks.
Well, Ruby's back, so nine o'clock.'
What does Ruby being back have to do with anything?'
She's the human stopwatch, remember? Marriage doesn't change everything.

Erynn Mangum

4 O Clock Quotes #21407
#60. In Italy, for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace - and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Yanko Tsvetkov

4 O Clock Quotes #23575
#61. This isn't lust. Lust wants, does the obvious, and pads back into the forest. Love is greedier. Love wants round-the-clock care; protection; rings, vows, joint accounts; scented candles on birthdays; life insurance. Babies. Love's a dictator.

David Mitchell

4 O Clock Quotes #24090
#62. Nature is a miserly accountant, grudging the pennies, watching the clock, punishing the smallest extravagance.

Richard Dawkins

4 O Clock Quotes #24580
#63. The muse holds no appointments. You can never call on it. I don't understand people who get up at 9 o'clock in the morning, put on the coffee and sit down to write.

Glen Hansard

4 O Clock Quotes #28753
#64. Everyone agrees.
The dead singers have the best voices.
At four o'clock in the morning
the dead singers have the best voices.

Franz Wright

4 O Clock Quotes #30784
#65. Sleep is harder to reach and thinner, and sleeping is no longer the Drop into the black pit all oblivion until the alarm clock, no, sleep is thin and fitful and full of memories and reminders and the dark is never dark enough.

Doris Lessing

4 O Clock Quotes #33002
#66. Of the One O'Clock Lab Band after hearing their performance, and sitting in with them at the White House: "I wish it were mine".

Duke Ellington

4 O Clock Quotes #33851

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top