Top 70 3 Years Ago Quotes

#1. In France today, people no longer eat as much heavy food and fat as they did 15 or 20 years ago. These days, French cooking, through the influence of 'grande cuisine,' has become a bit lighter. And we are beginning to discover the original flavors of our produce.

Joel Robuchon

3 Years Ago Quotes #5
#2. In Turkey it was always 1952, in Malaysia 1937; Afghanistan was 1910 and Bolivia 1949. It is 20 years ago in the Soviet Union, 10 in Norway, five in France. It is always last year in Australia and next week in Japan.

Paul Theroux

3 Years Ago Quotes #631
#3. I killed the Google Alert I used to have on myself two years ago. I don't need any more information about myself. I get more than enough of that just by being me.

Lev Grossman

3 Years Ago Quotes #987
#4. Pessimism is not good for the soul."
"I sold my soul years ago."
"To whom?"
"The bitch goddess Success. She cut town before paying off.

Jonathan Kellerman

3 Years Ago Quotes #4189
#5. Like so many other pathological personalities in positions of power a million years ago, he might do almost anything on impulse, feeling nothing much. The logical explanations for his actions, invented at leisure, always came afterwards.

Kurt Vonnegut

3 Years Ago Quotes #5098
#6. We woke up some years ago about the consequences of ozone depletion, the hole in the atmosphere. You can't see it. You can't taste it. You can't smell it. But now we do regard that as a key issue. It's a scientific finding.

Sylvia Earle

3 Years Ago Quotes #5474
#7. Years ago when a man began to notice that if he stood up on the subway he was immediately replaced by two people, he figured he was getting too fat.

Jean Kerr

3 Years Ago Quotes #5596
#8. I did play Ramses II once, who lived to be 91 and had 120 children, but he died 4,000 years ago.

Christopher Lee

3 Years Ago Quotes #6035
#9. Two years ago, if anyone had told me I'd be doing half the stuff I'm doing, I wouldn't have believed it.

Zayn Malik

3 Years Ago Quotes #6335
#10. Our terminal decline into old age and death stems from the fine print of the contract that we signed with our mitochondria two billion years ago.

Nick Lane

3 Years Ago Quotes #6711
#11. You were broken years ago and you healed hunched. And now you're broken again and trying to heal even more hunched.

Brent Weeks

3 Years Ago Quotes #6914
#12. Several hundred years ago, the only thing that slave families had was cooking and their family meals.

George Tillman Jr.

3 Years Ago Quotes #7448
#13. When Jim Irsay called me five years ago, he told me, 'I want you to be our coach and help us win the Super Bowl.' He told me, 'We are going win it the right way. We are going to win it with great guys; win it with class and dignity. We are going to win it in a way that will make Indianapolis proud.'

Tony Dungy

3 Years Ago Quotes #8532
#14. Almost 30 years ago, I started seeking help from a counselor with a master's of social work in New York City, but we were never a good match. It was like being in a bad relationship, except the guy could actually bill my health insurance company for lousy dates.

Gina Barreca

3 Years Ago Quotes #9380
#15. Eight years ago, I was a waiter, and I didn't have a pot to piss in. And now ... ? It's like I said to my wife: I love the fact that, if I was in a restaurant and Steven Spielberg walked in, I could go up to him and say, 'Hey, mate, how are you?' I think that's pretty amazing, actually.

Nick Frost

3 Years Ago Quotes #10637
#16. In this century we have made remarkable material progress, but basically we are the same as we were thousands of years ago. Our spiritual needs are still very great.

Dalai Lama

3 Years Ago Quotes #12222
#17. grave goods by themselves. 9. Hunter-gatherers made these handprints about 9,000 years ago in the 'Hands Cave', in Argentina. It looks as if these long-dead hands are reaching towards us from within the rock. This is one of the most moving relics of the ancient forager

Yuval Noah Harari

3 Years Ago Quotes #12466
#18. I grew up Jewish, became an atheist and a Marxist, and 28 years ago, at age 26, became a Christian.

Marvin Olasky

3 Years Ago Quotes #12940
#19. In France, that let down the barriers more than a hundred years ago, the feeling of antipathy is still strong enough to sustain an anti-Jewish political party.

Franz Boas

3 Years Ago Quotes #13456
#20. Since the Antarctic palms of the Eocene, some fifty million years ago.

Elizabeth Kolbert

3 Years Ago Quotes #13653
#21. As Confucius said many years ago:

Robin S. Sharma

3 Years Ago Quotes #13753
#22. Technology is constantly improving our lives. Look at the cellular telephone. Just ten years ago, virtually nobody was able to get into a car crash caused by trying to steer and dial at the same time; today, people do this all the time.

Dave Barry

3 Years Ago Quotes #13756
#23. nearly fourteen billion years ago, all the space and all the matter and all the energy of the known universe was contained in a volume less than one-trillionth the size of the period that ends this sentence. Conditions

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

3 Years Ago Quotes #13806
#24. If I have not read a book before, it is, for all intents and purposes, new to me whether it was printed yesterday or three hundred years ago.

William Hazlitt

3 Years Ago Quotes #14643
#25. Fine tuning the institutions built by powdered wig guys two hundred years ago is a long shot at holding the whole thing together.

Terence McKenna

3 Years Ago Quotes #15141
#26. Movie actors disappear - any young person wouldn't know Cary Grant. They're going to disappear. Fifty years ago, you thought film was here to stay. But nothing is here to stay, actually - except perhaps paintings and drawings.

David Hockney

3 Years Ago Quotes #15340
#27. Today we take New England clam chowder as something traditional that makes our roots as American cooking very solid, with a lot of foundation. But the first person who decided to mix potatoes and clams and bacon and cream, in his own way 100 to 200 years ago, was a modernist.

Jose Andres

3 Years Ago Quotes #16316
#28. I had a weird one a few years ago when I woke up one night, went to the window and saw a girl sitting on the kerb across the road just staring at me. Freaky. We get nice gifts for the kids too. And I've had naughty things. Let's say objects.

Peter Andre

3 Years Ago Quotes #17554
#29. Vin Scully has been my broadcasting idol for a long time. He is so humble - he has the exact same work ethic that he had 65 years ago. His family is what he cares about the most, and at the heart of his whole being is his marriage and kids.

Hannah Storm

3 Years Ago Quotes #17628
#30. Not too many years ago, both parties acknowledged that our entitlement commitments were a sword hanging over our heads. But when President George W. Bush tried to begin discussions on Social Security reform, Democrats ridiculed and demonized him and told seniors he was after their nest eggs.

David Limbaugh

3 Years Ago Quotes #17804
#31. The fact is that five years ago I was, as near as possible, a different person to what I am tonight. I, as I am now, didn't exist at all. Will the same thing happen in the next five years? I hope so.

Siegfried Sassoon

3 Years Ago Quotes #18703
#32. Many years ago there lived a man called Laurids Madsen who went up to heaven and came down again thanks to his boots.

Carsten Jensen

3 Years Ago Quotes #19171
#33. We've become so used to the idea of the flu - it seems almost like the common cold to us, doesn't it? - that no one but the historians seems to know that a hundred years ago it didn't exist.

Stephen King

3 Years Ago Quotes #19771
#34. - and there, on the table under her bedroom window, lies the voice that has set her dreaming again. Fragments of a life lived a long, long time ago. Across a hundred years the woman's voice speaks to her - so clearly that she cannot believe it is not possible to pick up her pen and answer.

Ahdaf Soueif

3 Years Ago Quotes #19958
#35. I find the term 'workaholic' to be distasteful because it reminds me of the harried-looking lawyers I recall chained to their desks through nights and weekends during my lawyer days years ago.

Rachel Sklar

3 Years Ago Quotes #20609
#36. In theory, I stick to how I could eat if I lived a thousand years ago. I take processed foods off the menu, and stick to things I could hunt or gather, with more fruits, vegetables, and nuts - and less meat.

Parker Young

3 Years Ago Quotes #20979
#37. We have laid the foundation for a better life. Things that were unimaginable a few years ago have become everyday reality. I belong to the generation of leaders for whom the achievement of democracy was the defining challenge.

Nelson Mandela

3 Years Ago Quotes #21526
#38. There exists only the present instant ... a Now which always and without end is itself new. There is no yesterday nor any tomorrow, but only Now, as it was a thousand years ago and as it will be a thousand years hence.

Meister Eckhart

3 Years Ago Quotes #21571
#39. If you look at a testimony of love from 2,000 years ago it can still exactly speak to you, whereas medical advice from only 100 years ago is ridiculous.

Jennifer Michael Hecht

3 Years Ago Quotes #21607
#40. That's the thing about labels - they're bloody sticky! Although the harsh words from classmates stopped years ago, the damage has been done.

Claire Eastham

3 Years Ago Quotes #21641
#41. Once in seven years I burn all my sermons; for it is a shame, if I cannot write better sermons now than I did seven years ago.

John Wesley

3 Years Ago Quotes #21868
#42. A man who has made up his mind on a given subject twenty-five years ago and continues to hold his political opinions after he has been proved to be wrong is a man of principle; while he who from time to time adapts his opinions to the changing circumstances of life is an opportunist.

A.P. Herbert

3 Years Ago Quotes #22092
#43. If you are British, you soon get used to people not loving you. The Irish remind us of offenses from 100 years ago. Perhaps we should react to what the French did to us even longer ago.

Mick Jagger

3 Years Ago Quotes #22159
#44. A man today has to live with the reality of today. He can no longer live with the reality of 100 years ago. The world's changing so fast. Unless you are prepared to adapt every day, then you have a problem, because the world's not stopping.

Mario Testino

3 Years Ago Quotes #22259
#45. A great many years ago I purchased a fine dictionary. The first thing I did with it was to turn to the word "impossible," and neatly clip it out of the book. That would not be an unwise thing for you to do.

Napoleon Hill

3 Years Ago Quotes #23107
#46. My role 14 years ago in Richard III - that was the first time I played a bad guy and learned a lot about it - they have all the fun!

Denzel Washington

3 Years Ago Quotes #24039
#47. Years ago I wanted to buy an apartment in New York City. I was a single female - I had gone through my divorce - I had three children, I was in show business and black. It was, like, impossible.

Diana Ross

3 Years Ago Quotes #25191
#48. It's interesting to see that people had so much clutter even thousands of years ago. The only way to get rid of it all was to bury it, and then some archaeologist went and dug it all up.

Karl Pilkington

3 Years Ago Quotes #25485
#49. Actually criminal sanctions that are given could be up to five years for violating the rules and regulations under the campaign finance reform. This is like the Alien and Sedition Act of years and years ago, decades ago.

Jay Alan Sekulow

3 Years Ago Quotes #25768
#50. Well, I started writing songs about three years ago when I learned to play the guitar, but I've been singing since I was eleven.

Colbie Caillat

3 Years Ago Quotes #26668
#51. For us, selling a million records in 2005 is the equivalent of selling 2 to 3 million records (five years ago). Rock records aren't flying off the shelves like they used to. Hip-hop and pop are so huge. (But) everything's on the upswing for us.

Jacoby Shaddix

3 Years Ago Quotes #84582
#52. After granting amnesty to illegals 20 years ago, we have gone from 3 million illegals to 11 million illegals. Our government has been fooled once by this amnesty argument, let us not be fooled again.

Ric Keller

3 Years Ago Quotes #88671
#53. So we took out those 3 root canals when she had 3-6 months to live. And that was 6 years ago, and she is still alive today, and MRI can't find the tumour anymore. It went away.

Hal Huggins

3 Years Ago Quotes #173688
#54. all that much. 3 Clear first described his ideas some years ago in a research paper entitled

Malcolm Gladwell

3 Years Ago Quotes #375494
#55. It is always yesterday, tomorrow, and 3 years ago today. It is always your birthday. It is always the future, the present, and the past. It is always eternity that will last.

Antonia Perdu Millie Farquoix

3 Years Ago Quotes #469332
#56. Interestingly, modern science has estimated that the age of the earth is about 4 billion years. Scholars feel it is uncanny that the Vedic Aryans could have conceived of such a vast span of time over 3,500 years ago that would be similar to the same figure estimated by science today.

Subhash Kak

3 Years Ago Quotes #507353
#57. Scientists estimate the universe unfolded from its state of infinite destiny* - a moment commonly referred to as "the big bang" - approximately 1.3-2 x 10^10 years ago.

*Typo: "destiny" should read "density.

Mark Z. Danielewski

3 Years Ago Quotes #567365
#58. A revolution is to bring on change and we're spiritual people trying to bring on spiritual change. It might sound like I'm a dreamer, but economic models have reached their height of evolution. Technology has evolved. What hasn't evolved is mankind's spirituality; everything is from 3,000 years ago.

Damian Marley

3 Years Ago Quotes #579235
#59. Love she'd had for her grandmother had died sixteen years ago on May 25th at exactly 3:32 p.m. I figure it'll take the Peaceful Rest and Slumber folks

Katie Graykowski

3 Years Ago Quotes #607393
#60. There are no more slow weeks. I realized this about 3 years ago. Downtime in politics isn't a thing.

Christopher Michael Cillizza

3 Years Ago Quotes #782736
#61. The Earth has been lawned with life for something over 3.5 billion years. That's a span of time great enough to encompass some honest-to-goodness catastrophe. For example, 700 million years ago, Earth underwent a planet-wide deep freeze, with ice covering the oceans from the poles to the equator.

Seth Shostak

3 Years Ago Quotes #846182
#62. You know, for every dollar a man makes a woman makes 63 cents. Now, fifty years ago that was 62 cents. So, with that kind of luck, it'll be the year 3,888 before we make a buck.

Laurie Anderson

3 Years Ago Quotes #864492
#63. 3 years ago I was stocking shelves at Target, living on Ramen noodles, and crashing at Billy's house. Now I'm on tour

Benji Madden

3 Years Ago Quotes #938215
#64. I guess we decided to make a new record 3 years ago when Nancy was done scoring for Almost Famous.

Ann Wilson

3 Years Ago Quotes #967533
#65. In fact, at Olympic National Park in my district, they 3 years ago had 130 summer employees they brought in for temporary work. This summer they have 25 because they cannot afford more.

Norm Dicks

3 Years Ago Quotes #1148211
#66. The mammoth was basically done in by climate change. The last ones survived on Wrangel Island, north of Chukotka, until 3,700 years ago. According to Eveny mythology, mammoths scooped up dirt with their tusks to form the first dry land.

Alex Shoumatoff

3 Years Ago Quotes #1323959
#67. It might sound like I'm a dreamer, but economic models have reached their height of evolution. Technology has evolved. What hasn't evolved is mankind's spirituality; everything is from 3,000 years ago. With spirituality comes morals, a better way of thinking.

Damian Marley

3 Years Ago Quotes #1415461
#68. Ever since about 3.8 billion years ago, when the first cells began quivering in the primordial ooze, Evolution has produced a nonstop parade of inflatable noses, bizarre genitalia, awkward feeding habits, aggressively antisocial tendencies, and mucus. So much mucus.

Mara Grunbaum

3 Years Ago Quotes #1662443
#69. About 3.8 billion years ago, on a planet called Earth, certain molecules combined to form particularly large and intricate structures called organisms. The story of organisms is called biology.

Yuval Noah Harari

3 Years Ago Quotes #1744933
#70. Selam is our most complete skeleton of a three-year-old girl who lived and died 3.3 million years ago. She belongs to the species known as Australopithecus afarensis.

Zeresenay Alemseged

3 Years Ago Quotes #1814146

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top