Top 44 3 Sum Quotes

#1. Hope is the sum oJperceived capabilities to produce routes to desired goals, along with the perceived motivation to use those routes.

C. Richard Snyder

3 Sum Quotes #62684
#2. I started with capital of about $1,500, a princely sum for a student coming out of college, an amount I borrowed from my father.

Sunil Mittal

3 Sum Quotes #42210
#3. It was difficult not to think of the Central Computer as a living entity, localised in a single spot, though actually it was the sum total of all the machines in Diaspar.

Arthur C. Clarke

3 Sum Quotes #42649
#4. The quality of human life on our planet is nothing more than the sum total of our daily interactions with one another. Each time we help, and each time we harm, we have a dramatic impact on our world.

Desmond Tutu

3 Sum Quotes #43095
#5. Most fledgling and mid-list writers are lucky to be offered a 4-figure sum and are not only expected to deliver copy that needs minimal editing but also take an active part in marketing and publicizing their work.

Sara Sheridan

3 Sum Quotes #49108
#6. In sum, what have we learned? First: grit, talent, and all other psychological traits relevant to success in life are influenced by genes and also by experience. Second: there's no single gene for grit, or indeed any other psychological trait.

Angela Duckworth

3 Sum Quotes #50520
#7. Love is a sacrament that should be taken kneeling, and Domine non sum dignus should be on the lips and in the hearts of those who receive it.

Oscar Wilde

3 Sum Quotes #54960
#8. Together, my parents had learned to be much more than "the sum of their parts", whatever that means.
Separately, they were kind of just a mess.

Brian K. Vaughan

3 Sum Quotes #57086
#9. your character is the sum total of your habits. You can't claim to be kind unless you are habitually kind - you show kindness without even thinking about it. You can't claim to have integrity unless it is your habit to always be honest.

Rick Warren

3 Sum Quotes #57963
#10. The Lord Buddha was once asked by a disciple to sum up the whole of His teaching in one verse. He replied: Cease to do evil; Learn to do well; Cleanse your own heart; This is the religion of the Buddha.

Arthur E. Powell

3 Sum Quotes #58547
#11. People are too busy putting things under microscopes and so forth. Creativity is greater than the sum of its parts.

Maya Angelou

3 Sum Quotes #61389
#12. All of us just want to help you. You're not alone."
Christin didn't say anything but Eddie could sense his acquiescence by the dip of his head, the slight relaxing of his shoulders. Eddie patted his hand.
"We are more than our experiences. We are the sum of them, and more." He said.

Micaela Vee

3 Sum Quotes #41446
#13. I'm a big believer that your life is basically a sum of all the choices you make. The better your choices, the better opportunity to lead a happy life.

Karen Salmansohn

3 Sum Quotes #63005
#14. The sum of all vices does not remain constant. Each one breeds another.

David Lagercrantz

3 Sum Quotes #63032
#15. To sum up: 1. The cosmos is a gigantic fly-wheel making 10,000 revolutions a minute. 2. Man is a sick fly taking a dizzy ride on it. 3. Religion is the theory that the wheel was designed and set spinning to give him the ride.

H.L. Mencken

3 Sum Quotes #808751
#16. To sum it all up, the [Ayn] Rand belief system looks like this:
1. Facts are facts: things can be absolutely right or absolutely wrong, as determined by reason.
2. According to my reasoning, I am absolutely right.
3. Charity is immoral.
4. Pay for your own fucking schools.

Matt Taibbi

3 Sum Quotes #871416
#17. At the time I attempted to purchase the rights back for the 3 Homestead records, but the owner demanded an outrageous sum in the neighborhood of $10,000, about 10 times more money than I could get my hands on at the time.

Mark Edwards

3 Sum Quotes #1215433
#18. The sum of things to be known is inexhaustible, and however long we read, we shall never come to the end of our story-book.
(Introductory lecture as professor of Latin at University College, London, 3 October 1892)

A.E. Housman

3 Sum Quotes #1348214
#19. Nowadays he is best remembered for the Fibonacci sequence of numbers (0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 . . .), in which each successive number is the sum of the previous two, and the ratio between a number and its immediate antecedent tends towards a 'golden mean' (around 1.618). It

Niall Ferguson

3 Sum Quotes #1585708
#20. We had sold our death to somebody at the door for the sum of £70:18:6d and lent our fear to somebody at the door as well on interest of £3:10:0d per month, so we did not care about death and we did not fear again.

Amos Tutuola

3 Sum Quotes #1614643
#21. Alas, my "fiddle playing" will not get me to Carnegie Hall - or even to a high school recital. Berkshire, on your behalf and mine, will send the Treasury $3.3 billion for tax on its 2003 income, a sum equaling 2½% of the total income tax paid by all U.S. corporations in fiscal 2003.

Warren Buffett

3 Sum Quotes #1686742
#22. Entropy theory is indeed a first attempt to deal with global form; but it has not been dealing with structure. All it says is that a large sum of elements may have properties not found in a smaller sample of them.

Rudolf Arnheim

3 Sum Quotes #1876114
#23. I hate bumper stickers, you can't sum anything up. All you do is paint yourself in some caricaturist corner.

David Cross

3 Sum Quotes #11657
#24. I love Chinese food, like steamed dim sum, and I can have noodles morning, noon and night, hot or cold. I like food that's very simple on the digestive system - I tend to keep it light. I love Japanese food too - sushi, sashimi and miso soup.

Shilpa Shetty

3 Sum Quotes #3775
#25. Chemistry cannot be manufactured or forced, so Wild Flag was not a sure thing, it was a 'maybe,' a 'possibility.' But after a handful of practice sessions, spread out over a period of months, I think we all realized that we could be greater than the sum of our parts.

Carrie Brownstein

3 Sum Quotes #4676
#26. I have always felt that I am the sum total of my parts.

Andres Serrano

3 Sum Quotes #4704
#27. Love is the sum of our choices, the strength of our commitments, the ties that bind us together.

Emily Giffin

3 Sum Quotes #5180
#28. Structured settlements are a common way for people who have been injured to receive an insurance payout. The periodic payments provide ongoing income and reduce the risk of blowing a lump sum through poor financial choices.

Suze Orman

3 Sum Quotes #7762
#29. I wonder," said Miss Oliver, "if humanity will be any happier because of aeroplanes. It seems to me that the sum of human happiness remains much the same from age to age, no matter how it may vary in distribution, and that all the 'many inventions' neither lessen nor increase it." "After

L.M. Montgomery

3 Sum Quotes #8586
#30. Lightstone's Convolution Principle: The concurrent development of multiple features operating on intersecting componentry will take longer to complete than the sum of the schedule estimations for each.

Scott Meyers

3 Sum Quotes #10204
#31. Harmony is when the sum is greater than the parts. A happy exaggeration.

Jane Siberry

3 Sum Quotes #10462
#32. We are all of us, gods and mortals, made up of many pieces, some of them broken, some of them scarred, but none of them the total sum of who we are.

Robin LaFevers

3 Sum Quotes #10782
#33. A woman is more than the sum of her parts. So I had an opportunity to present some work at the White House. I chose not just to talk about the sky, the planet, love or heartache. I wanted to actually be there, to place a mark on that moment.

Jill Scott

3 Sum Quotes #11292
#34. In many ways, each of us is the sum total of what our ancestors were. The virtues they had may be our virtues, their strengths our strengths, and, in a way, their challenges could be our challenges.

James E. Faust

3 Sum Quotes #1214
#35. Thus evolved some members of the Core - not altruists, but desperate survivalists who realized that the only way ultimately to win their never-ending zero-sum game was to stop the game. And to stop the game they needed to evolve into a species capable of empathy.

Dan Simmons

3 Sum Quotes #13853
#36. In a different time, in a different place, it is always some other side of our common human nature that has been developing itself. The actual truth is the sum of all these.

Thomas Carlyle

3 Sum Quotes #15698
#37. Only consider at what price you sell your own will: if for no other reason, at least for this, that you sell it not for a small sum.

Epictetus

3 Sum Quotes #16696
#38. [My] rheumatism has come in again"

Ivan, cynically, "The devil have rheumatism!"

"Why not, if I sometimes put on fleshly form? I put on fleshly form and I take the consequences. Satan sum et nihil humanum a me alienum puto."*

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

3 Sum Quotes #17120
#39. The struggle for existence never gets easier. However well a species may adapt to its environment, it can never relax, because its competitors and its enemies are also adapting to their niches. Survival is a zero-sum game.

Matt Ridley

3 Sum Quotes #21079
#40. How shall I sum up my life?
I think I've been particularly lucky.

Audrey Hepburn

3 Sum Quotes #21939
#41. Perhaps it's a cultural problem: a capitalistic society that encourages people to see negotiations as a zero-sum game - my loss is your gain, my gain is your loss - will encourage an inevitably adversarial exchange.

Anonymous

3 Sum Quotes #26664
#42. The life of our class, of the wealthy and the learned, was not only repulsive to me but had lost all meaning. The sum of our action and thinking, of our science and art, all of it struck me as the overindulgences of a spoiled child.

Leo Tolstoy

3 Sum Quotes #34495
#43. A man can look upon his life and accept it as good or evil; it is far, far harder for him to confess that it has been unimportant in the sum of things.

Murray Kempton

3 Sum Quotes #38655
#44. It is sort of a bit of a caricature of capitalism, that it's always this zero-sum game where you have winners and losers. Silicon Valley, the technology industry at its best, creates a situation where everybody can be a winner.

Peter Thiel

3 Sum Quotes #39906

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top