Top 34 2 Dimensional Quotes

#1. The magic possibility of framing a certain space and time is what brought me to photography. This process of recording elements of 3 dimensions in the flow of time, and fixing them in a 2 dimensional image, creates a new context for the elements of the photograph ...

Laszlo Moholy-Nagy

2 Dimensional Quotes #1655374
#2. A single, one-dimensional way of thinking has created a monoculture of the mind. And the monoculture of the mind has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. This is the root of why we have pitted equity against ecology and sustainability against justice.

Vandana Shiva

2 Dimensional Quotes #145601
#3. That is why historians surprise me. They seem to have no talent for the likeliness of any situation. They see history like a peepshow; with two-dimensional figures against a distant background.

Josephine Tey

2 Dimensional Quotes #125203
#4. [In]the too solid three-dimensional city, I could never feel myself as anything but spectral, disintegrating, pointless, fluid.

V.S. Naipaul

2 Dimensional Quotes #125842
#5. If a role has been too one-dimensional, I have turned it down.

Imogen Poots

2 Dimensional Quotes #128537
#6. You exist someplace else, and when you can contact yourself in that other place, when you can open up a kind of inter-dimensional phone line between yourself and our various selves, when you have become aware of that, that's when magic begins.

Frederick Lenz

2 Dimensional Quotes #129233
#7. I've been wanting for a long time to create a show which allowed me to show the British Asian community in a truly three-dimensional way, exploring the relationships between generations and what it means to be British and Asian as values become fluid.

Gurinder Chadha

2 Dimensional Quotes #130800
#8. When you're in your early 20s, a lot of characters can be one or two dimensional. You want a role to substantiate the drama, as opposed to actually analyzing the psychology of a human being. That's what drew me to acting, particularly the contradictions in people.

Tom Hughes

2 Dimensional Quotes #136083
#9. I like photography as a recording device. It's the best possible two-dimensional representation of 3D living things that we have.

Andrew Zuckerman

2 Dimensional Quotes #139935
#10. I think having funny characters is just one way of having three-dimensional characters.

Ti West

2 Dimensional Quotes #122190
#11. Not to be mean about it, but some great rock and rollers, like Bo Diddley and Chuck Berry, are pretty one-dimensional.

Ian Anderson

2 Dimensional Quotes #147422
#12. Today they have to be three-dimensional. Technology's changed, the communication, the marketing and advertising community supports beautiful girls that can be articulate and smart. And also Anna Wintour doesn't want to sit next to some girl who can't say two words.

Michael Flutie

2 Dimensional Quotes #152218
#13. TV is a language all its own, a land of one dimensional stereotypes that destroys culture, not adds to it. TV is anti-art, a reflection of consumerism that serves the power structure. TV is about demographics.

Roseanne Barr

2 Dimensional Quotes #154392
#14. It's a two-dimensional gig being a singer, and you can get lost in your own tedium and repetition.

Robert Plant

2 Dimensional Quotes #169973
#15. I think that as human beings we are all different. On a third dimensional level we're all different but there are two things we share in common ... one is birth, and we know about that because we've been through it, we understand it, and the other is death.

James Van Praagh

2 Dimensional Quotes #173329
#16. If a novel doesn't have well-developed three-dimensional principal characters, wouldn't it be a graphic novel without the graphics?

Michael Kroft

2 Dimensional Quotes #182522
#17. Four-Step Dimensional Design Process The four key decisions made during the design of a dimensional model include: 1. Select the business process. 2. Declare the grain. 3. Identify the dimensions. 4. Identify the facts.

Ralph Kimball

2 Dimensional Quotes #911342
#18. Why is there space rather than no space? Why is space three-dimensional? Why is space big? We have a lot of room to move around in. How come it's not tiny? We have no consensus about these things. We're still exploring them.

Leonard Susskind

2 Dimensional Quotes #1875314
#19. I am a four-dimensional ghost, he murmured to himself.

Jose Saramago

2 Dimensional Quotes #117272
#20. Being a digital artist enables me to take my signature pieces and place them in a dimensional reality that only really exists within my head. Then I can bring it to life.

Kesh

2 Dimensional Quotes #95762
#21. Since a three-dimensional object casts a two-dimensional shadow, we should be able to imagine the unknown four-dimensional object whose shadow we are. I for my part am fascinated by the search for a one-dimensional object that casts no shadow at all.

Marcel Duchamp

2 Dimensional Quotes #93649
#22. A reader of The Unspeakables recently contacted me. She said she had become so engrossed with the paperback she'd taken it to the top of a Munro whilst climbing on the Isle of Mull. I'm delighted to have three-dimensional circulation as well.

Peter F. Jemison

2 Dimensional Quotes #92714
#23. The key to understanding the answer to any questions about guidance is having a clear grasp of what is three-dimensional.

Elaine Seiler

2 Dimensional Quotes #88949
#24. Written truth is four-dimensional. If we consult it at the wrong time, or read it at the wrong place, it is as empty and shapeless as a dress on a hook.

Robert Grudin

2 Dimensional Quotes #87366
#25. As human beings, of course, we're all compromised and complex and contradictory and if a screenplay can express those contradictions within a character and if there's room for me to express them, that's a part I'd love to play, so much more than a character who is heroic and one-dimensional.

Hugo Weaving

2 Dimensional Quotes #84808
#26. I'm drawing a diagram of what time looks like if you're looking straight into it - like looking down a tunnel and seeing a circle, if the tunnel were an angry ten-dimensional crab, which is what, in vastly oversimplified terms, we mean by the human word time.

Austin Grossman

2 Dimensional Quotes #79105
#27. I continue to be known as a guy that plays really complex, three-dimensional characters.

Robert Knepper

2 Dimensional Quotes #78395
#28. I like to play smart, three-dimensional women. I also like to play roles where the women are a little crazy. I just have a feel for crazy people.

Lili Taylor

2 Dimensional Quotes #73579
#29. The quest of the absolute leads into the four-dimensional world.

Arthur Eddington

2 Dimensional Quotes #61920
#30. When contemplating a work of art it is possible to perceive if it has been created according to the eye or to the spirit, in other words, if it projects three-dimensional reality or spiritual n-dimensionality.

Theo Van Doesburg

2 Dimensional Quotes #44452
#31. Painting someone's portrait is, of course, an impossible task. What an absurd idea to try and distil a human being, the most complex organism on the planet, into flicks, washes, and blobs of paint on a two-dimensional surface.

David Cobley

2 Dimensional Quotes #38235
#32. Insight is a perception beyond the thought, a multi-dimensional cognizance, and it's the experience to explore oneself, surrounds and beyond.

Pearl Zhu

2 Dimensional Quotes #28420
#33. Music can kind of make you one-dimensional. People see what's on the surface and what you rap about, and they make their decision on who you are from there.

Chance The Rapper

2 Dimensional Quotes #25817
#34. The problem of the librarian is that books are multi-dimensional in their subject matter but must be ordered on one-dimensional shelves.

Neal Stephenson

2 Dimensional Quotes #462

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top