Top 100 11 The Quotes

#1. After 9/11, the amount of applicants the FBI received increased exponentially. Whereas you used to require a college degree, and it was a small group of people who were just out of college, after 9/11, it changed.

Aaron Tveit

11 The Quotes #61434
#2. I think in the immediate days after 9/11, the administration acted very, very well. I liked the decisiveness of it.

Ann Richards

11 The Quotes #87713
#3. 11 The LORD will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength. You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #180569
#4. The world had already changed before September 11. The world has been going through a process of change over the last 20 or 30 years. A civilization ends, another one begins.

Jose Saramago

11 The Quotes #204023
#5. On average, since 9/11, the FBI reckons that just over 100,000 terrorism leads each year have come over the transom. Analysts and agents designate them as immediate, priority or routine, but the bureau says every one is covered.

Barton Gellman

11 The Quotes #262505
#6. Think of what happened after 9/11, the minute before there was any assessment, there was glee in the administration because now we can invade Iraq, and so the war drums beat.

Ron Paul

11 The Quotes #312470
#7. You would have thought that after 9/11 the president would have finished the job in Afghanistan, and kept the focus on capturing Bin Laden and his al-Qaeda deputies, but he and his team gave top priority to their original plan to invade Iraq.

Bill Nelson

11 The Quotes #476236
#8. Even before 9/11, the Philippines was already fighting terrorism in southwestern Philippines. That's why when 9/11 happened, we could understand the pain.

Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo

11 The Quotes #499926
#9. You know, people have actually changed the way they think about nuclear weapons now, post-Cold War, post-9/11. The threat of nuclear weapons is not so much Russia attacking the United States, China. It's not a state-to-state - it's obviously terrorism; it's proliferation.

Lawrence Bender

11 The Quotes #721475
#10. A 2011 study by the Pentagon found that during the ten years after 9/11, the Defense Department had given more than $400 billion to contractors who had previously been sanctioned in cases involving $1 million or more in fraud.

James Risen

11 The Quotes #855330
#11. To a degree, the West is reaping what it sowed from a major strategic blunder in the aftermath of 9/11 - the entire concept of a war on technique, that is, terrorism. Defining the enemy when fighting a concept was impossible.

Kurt Eichenwald

11 The Quotes #931610
#12. More things to remember:
7) The value of time;
8) The pleasure of working;
9) The obligation of duty;
10) The power of kindness;
11) The wisdom of economy;
12) The virtue of patience.

Marshall Field

11 The Quotes #968826
#13. 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #1044277
#14. We all know a lot of people who died in 9/11, the World Trade Center. A lot of money funding that mission is directly tied - from the 9/11 Commission, directly tied to Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas.

Barack Obama

11 The Quotes #1185351
#15. ROMANS 8:11: The Spirit of Life is making your body alive. He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #1216438
#16. After 9/11, the businesses in my district and throughout the New York metropolitan area saw firsthand the result of a lack of availability of terrorism insurance.

Steve Israel

11 The Quotes #1256872
#17. I didn't vote for Bush, and I'm not happy particularly that he's president. But I will say I'm impressed that he didn't start bombing Afghanistan the day after Sept. 11. The more time that passes without him bombing Afghanistan, the more I respect him.

William T. Vollmann

11 The Quotes #1293154
#18. Fahrenheit 9/11: The temperature where freedom burns!

Michael Moore

11 The Quotes #1321713
#19. The further away we got from 9/11, the more I wanted to find some way to recover. I wanted to talk about the more anonymous corners of the city, because I think it's very important that not all of that anger was turned to revenge.

Colum McCann

11 The Quotes #1367109
#20. Since 9/11, the Justice Department has been widely criticized for one particular tactic it uses in fighting the War on Terror: it detains suspicious persons for long periods of time and puts them under heavy questioning before they are ever even charged with a crime.

Annie Jacobsen

11 The Quotes #1389149
#21. One thinks of the failure of representation since 9/11, the proliferation of novels, the media glut, the surfeit of images that somehow slide too easily into a banal repertoire, commodified shock.

Maureen N. McLane

11 The Quotes #1401856
#22. When I was 11, the whole world was closed to me. I just felt I was on the outside of the world.

Marilyn Monroe

11 The Quotes #1407257
#23. Since 9/11, the U.S.A. Patriot Act has torn down the invisible wall that was perceived as preventing the FBI and CIA from sharing information.

Ronald Kessler

11 The Quotes #1430336
#24. Since 9/11, the Bush administration has used that tragic event as a justification to rip up our constitution and our civil liberties. And I honestly believe that one or two 9/11s, and martial law will be declared in our country and we're inching towards a police state.

Michael Moore

11 The Quotes #1460095
#25. 9/11, the wars and terrorism have affected all of us in different ways: people who lost family on 9/11, the people who lost family in the wars and people who lost family in various terrorist attacks that have occurred since.

Mark Boal

11 The Quotes #1531523
#26. The best-known definition of usability is the one from ISO, the International Organization for Standardization (9241-11): "The extent to which a product can be used by specified users to achieve specified goals with effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction in a specified context of use.

Carol Barnum

11 The Quotes #1555206
#27. On September 11, the murders of World Trade Center employees and visitors took the lives of numerous nationalities, ethnic groups and religious followers.

Cliff Stearns

11 The Quotes #1602825
#28. Since September 11, the U.S. has significantly improved its security to prevent another attack.

Timothy Murphy

11 The Quotes #1622114
#29. The Bible lists in Hebrews 11 the heroes of the faith ... who were tortured, imprisoned, stoned, torn apart, and killed by the sword. They didn't wear designer jeans but went about in animal skins, destitute and tormented.

Billy Graham

11 The Quotes #1638313
#30. As much as I disagreed with every second of 'Fahrenheit 9/11,' the fact that it is out made me jump for joy.

Penn Jillette

11 The Quotes #1674095
#31. In the aftermath of 9/11, the Patriot Act was rushed to the floor. Several hundred pages. Nobody read it ... But people voted because they were fearful and people said there could be another attack and Americans will blame me if I don't vote on this.

Rand Paul

11 The Quotes #1716212
#32. After September 11, the European governments have completely failed. They are incapable of seeing beyond their own national scope of interests.

Jurgen Habermas

11 The Quotes #1854073
#33. What we learned on September 11 is that the unthinkable is now thinkable in the world.

John Ashcroft

11 The Quotes #572
#34. Personal honors never meant much to Bill Russell, one of America's most successful athletes with 2 college titles, 1 Olympic gold medal and 11 - count 'em, 11 - N.B.A. championships with the Boston Celtics.

George Vecsey

11 The Quotes #1071
#35. Before 9/11, absolutely, there were concerns about terrorism; but the world fundamentally changed.

Richard Fadden

11 The Quotes #3076
#36. A release on September 16 quoted the claim of the assistant secretary for labor at OSHA that tests show 'it is safe for New Yorkers to go back to work in New York's financial district.' (OSHA's responsibility extends only to indoor air quality for workers, however.)

National Commission On Terrorist Attacks Upon The United States

11 The Quotes #3710
#37. In the aftermath of September 11, you can't - as Tony Blair was so fond of suggesting - draw a line under historical events. They don't go away. They come back.

Nick Harkaway

11 The Quotes #3872
#38. Speaking as a New Yorker, I found it (9/11 event] a shocking and terrifying event, particularly the scale of it. At bottom, it was an implacable desire to do harm to innocent people.

Edward Said

11 The Quotes #4575
#39. When we sell a kilo of bean coffee in Uganda, we get one dollar per kilo. The same kilo, when it is processed [and sold in Britain], goes for $10, $11 or even more a kilo. That is the same situation [price disparity] that goes for all raw materials.

Yoweri Museveni

11 The Quotes #4940
#40. The classic statement on polarization comes from Christ: 'He that is not with me is against me.' (Luke 11:23) He allowed no middle ground to the moneychangers in the Temple. One acts decisively only in the conviction that all the angels are on one side and all the devils on the other.

Saul Alinsky

11 The Quotes #9576
#41. The 9/11 commission recommended the appointment of a national intelligence director with budgetary authority to better coordinate the work of the intelligence community and resolve differences.

Ronald Kessler

11 The Quotes #10506
#42. Prayer is the most powerful weapon we have in our spiritual arsenal to stand against the world's greatest enemy, the one who presents himself as an angel of light [2 Corinthians 11:14].

Billy Graham

11 The Quotes #10721
#43. On the most Scottish thing he'd ever seen: I was going through a town called Bathgate at around 11 o'clock at night. And there was a guy leaning and pissing against a front door. He then took out his keys and went inside.

Frankie Boyle

11 The Quotes #11848
#44. This is deeply disturbing. Congress provided loans to help businesses hurt by the Sept. 11 attacks, not to be used as an accounting gimmick to cover up this administration's failure to provide for small businesses.

John F. Kerry

11 The Quotes #11954
#45. In a brave new world, a post-September 11 world, anyone is going to make certain mistakes. The mistakes that have been made on homeland security, on protecting our Nation from another terrorist attack, are mistakes of omission. We are simply not doing enough.

Chuck Schumer

11 The Quotes #12026
#46. For years, even before 9/11, I've been trying to warn that the threat from amateur biolabs will ultimately turn out to be far more troublesome than leakage from military labs - perhaps even more costly and deadly than nuclear terrorism.

Greg Bear

11 The Quotes #15366
#47. JER29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #16704
#48. When terrorists blew up the Marine barracks in Lebanon, Reagan was frustrated and furious, as Bush was after 9/11. But he didn't stick us in a war in the Middle East with no exit.

Douglas Brinkley

11 The Quotes #18486
#49. Companies are always being bought and sold. The markets are always moving; you have to be on top of your position. And in the U.S., the market is never closed for more than three days. The only time the market was ever closed was 9/11. I think it may have been closed the whole week.

Karen Finerman

11 The Quotes #20094
#50. When kids were busy playing at the age of 11, I was singing for the heroine of 'Shastra.'

Sunidhi Chauhan

11 The Quotes #21572
#51. As a matter of international law, the United States is in an armed conflict with al-Qa'ida, the Taliban, and associated forces, in response to the 9/11 attacks, and we may also use force consistent with our inherent right of national self-defense.

John O. Brennan

11 The Quotes #23421
#52. 10. Both the North Tower and the South Tower collapsed just as their respective fires were dying down, even though this meant that the South Tower, which had been hit second, collapsed first.

David Ray Griffin

11 The Quotes #24520
#53. I got a job as soon as I could - 11 or 12. I started babysitting and then I got a part-time job at a pharmacy in England. I just remember loving the feeling of going out and buying my own clothes! I'd go bargain-hunting and get secondhand vintage stuff.

Natasha Bedingfield

11 The Quotes #24610
#54. Will someone please explain to me the logic that says we can trust someone with a Boeing 747 in bad weather but not with a Glock 9 millimeter?

Zell Miller

11 The Quotes #25659
#55. In the time that we're here today, more women and children will die violently in the Darfur region than in Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine, Israel or Lebanon. So, after September 30, you won't need the UN - you will simply need men with shovels and bleached white linen and headstones.

George Clooney

11 The Quotes #25961
#56. I missed quite a lot of school because I was working from the age of 11.

Natalia Vodianova

11 The Quotes #26282
#57. At drama school, I was always playing the 11-year-old boys.

Kit Harington

11 The Quotes #27276
#58. It is 11 years since I have seen my figure in a glass [mirror]. The last reflection I saw there was so disagreeable I resolved to spare myself such mortification in the future.

Mary Wortley Montagu

11 The Quotes #28543
#59. I had a nice dinner. I let the evening unfold, flow. I like to sit in a chair with a wine glass. When I woke up, I thought, 'Why didn't I go to bed at 11?' I came back at 3 and went to bed at 5.

Roger Federer

11 The Quotes #31158
#60. the Christian who seems to be so overmatched, is yet so unconquerable, II Cor. 12:9; James 5:11.

William Gurnall

11 The Quotes #35183
#61. Secret ops by secret forces have a nasty tendency to produce unintended, unforeseen, and completely disastrous consequences. New Yorkers will remember well the end result of clandestine U.S. support for Islamic militants against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan during the 1980s: 9/11.

Nick Turse

11 The Quotes #35215
#62. What I always do is just look at the players, look at the best 11 they can put on the pitch.

Alan Hansen

11 The Quotes #35223
#63. The terrorism danger to the United States is even worse than September 11th, when 19 hijackers murdered almost 3,000 Americans.

Newt Gingrich

11 The Quotes #35874
#64. We've supported the U.S. every step of the way. The Philippines was the first government in Asia after September 11, in fact, the night of September 11; it was nighttime for us then. It was daytime here. We were the first government in Asia to come out and say that we're supporting the U.S.

Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo

11 The Quotes #37987
#65. My first instrument was actually the trombone, but that didn't last long. Soon I was playing guitar in bands from the time I was 11 or 12.

Dave Grohl

11 The Quotes #38211
#66. By the age of 11, I was no longer going to Sunday Mass, and going on birdwatching walks with my father. So early on, I heard of Charles Darwin. I guess, you know, he was the big hero. And, you know, you understand life as it now exists through evolution.

James D. Watson

11 The Quotes #38226
#67. I was the person, I think, who first said the evening of September 11 that we shouldn't hold this against the Arab community, the Muslim community. We should focus on the individuals and that groups that were involved and not participate in group blame.

Rudy Giuliani

11 The Quotes #38891
#68. When I was 11 my friend's mom made a peanut butter sandwich. I ate the sandwich and was like, 'I'm never eating anything else again.' And I still eat peanut butter every day. I would put peanut butter on a steak.

Aasif Mandvi

11 The Quotes #38995
#69. Kids are more advanced these days. The teenage years now start at 11.

Michael Crichton

11 The Quotes #39395
#70. 10 As the Scriptures say, No one is righteous - not even one. 11 No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. 12 All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #40652
#71. We've never made the case, or argued the case, that somehow Osama Bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming.

Dick Cheney

11 The Quotes #41570
#72. The American war-writing tradition is a proud one and booming in this era of the Global War on Terror - at least in the nonfiction realm. Hundreds of memoirs and press accounts from Iraq and Afghanistan have been published since 9/11.

Matt Gallagher

11 The Quotes #42297
#73. Isaiah 9:10: "The bricks have fallen, But we will rebuild with hewn stone; The sycamores have been cut down, But we will plant cedars in their place.1 "Now, Isaiah 9:11: "Therefore the LORD shall set up The adversaries of Rezin against him, And spur his enemies on.

Jonathan Cahn

11 The Quotes #43326
#74. I read a lot of books. Here are the books I'm using for my 9/11 project. [Wright gestures to three six-foot-long shelves of books.] As I read them I highlight certain passages. Then I have an assistant write down each quote on an index card and note where it came from.

Lawrence Wright

11 The Quotes #44090
#75. 11 s My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline or be weary of his reproof, 12 for the LORD reproves him whom he loves, as t a father the son in whom he delights.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #44150
#76. What happened in New York and Washington is the same thing that England and America did to Berlin every day for three years during World War II
and Germany did the same thing to England.

Lemmy Kilmister

11 The Quotes #44808
#77. I think that if you were somehow able to measure the weight of human kindness, it would have weighed more on 9/11 than it ever had.

David Levithan

11 The Quotes #46657
#78. When pride comes, then comes dishonor, but with the humble is wisdom (Prov. 11:2;

Alexander Strauch

11 The Quotes #46688
#79. All that we can do with any spiritual discipline is produce within ourselves something of the silence, the humility, the detachment, the purity of heart and the indifference which are required if the inner self is to make some shy, unpredictable manifestation of his presence.11

James Finley

11 The Quotes #46837
#80. I want to host a religious show. I'm sure nobody will be wanting the 11 o'clock spot on Sunday morning. I think we should really get some of our own preachers and preach that gay is good. And we'd have a great choir.

Kate Clinton

11 The Quotes #47702
#81. The country has sorted itself ideologically into the two political parties, and those partisan attachments have hardened in recent years. It will take an extraordinary event and act of leadership to break this partisan divide. I thought 9/11 might provide such an opportunity, but it was not seized.

Thomas E. Mann

11 The Quotes #50666
#82. Saddam Hussein has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do.

Henry Waxman

11 The Quotes #50936
#83. If we're successful in Iraq ... we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11.

Dick Cheney

11 The Quotes #51230
#84. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrew 11:1 KJV)

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #52417
#85. Here are three things you should know about the God you serve: First, if He has called you to a work, His angels go before you, beside you, and behind you (Psalm 91:11).

Selected

11 The Quotes #53442
#86. I recommended to the president [George Bush] that our focus had to be on al-Qaida, the Taliban and Afghanistan. Those were the ones who attacked the United States of America on 9/11.

Colin Powell

11 The Quotes #55330
#87. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #57310
#88. If there were such a thing as Chapter 11 for politicians, the Republican push to extend the unaffordable Bush tax cuts would amount to a bankruptcy filing.

David Stockman

11 The Quotes #57343
#89. How can rogue terrorists in Iraq detonate bombs? They're all too busy flying kites with their children! Hasn't [Katrina vanden Heuvel (Queen of the May at the fun-loving Nation magazine)] seen Fahrenheit 9/11?

Ann Coulter

11 The Quotes #58372
#90. I say to my mother all the time, 'You're the child.' And she says, 'Yeah, you're the mother.' I've been that way with her since I was 11.

Kristy McNichol

11 The Quotes #58650
#91. There was a brief moment after 9/11 when Colin Powell said we should not rush to satisfy the desire for revenge. It was a great moment, an extraordinary moment, because what he was actually asking people to do was to stay with a sense of grief, mournfulness, and vulnerability.

Judith Butler

11 The Quotes #59920
#92. 11 And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be u like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #61355
#93. I led the life of an intellectual up until a certain age. I remember Freud's 'Interpretation of Dreams' was a big favorite when I was 11. It sounded so interesting. And it really was!

Wallace Shawn

11 The Quotes #65870
#94. Finaly, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
-Ephesians 6:10-11

Anonymous

11 The Quotes #67093
#95. I think the key that happened on 9/11 is we went from considering terrorist attacks as a law enforcement problem to considering terrorist attacks, especially on the scale we have on 9/11, as being an act of war.

Dick Cheney

11 The Quotes #67971
#96. The way 'Lux' was made is that there are 12 sections in here, though two of them are joined together. So there are really 11 sections, in a sense, and each one uses five notes out of a palette of seven notes, and my palette is all the white notes on the piano. That was the original palette.

Brian Eno

11 The Quotes #70703
#97. In the context of September 11, there were so many that lost their lives that - how do you single out one person? There were so many acts of heroism that day from so many people, whether it be firemen and police officers in New York and our agents also.

Robert Mueller

11 The Quotes #71923
#98. And Ritchie has now scored 11 goals, exactly double the number he scored last season

Alan Parry

11 The Quotes #73604
#99. The only Bible-honoring conclusion is, of course, that Genesis 1-11 is actual historical truth, regardless of any scientific or chronological problems thereby entailed.

Henry M. Morris

11 The Quotes #77936
#100. I've always had, like, from the age of about 11, I've had such an intolerance for bad behaviour of actors that I don't think I was ever going to be that person.

Daniel Radcliffe

11 The Quotes #80246

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top