Top 66 6 Word Sayings

#1. Nothing conceivable is so petty, so insipid, so crowded with paltry interests, in one word, so anti-poetic, as the life of a man in the United States.

Alexis De Tocqueville

6 Word Sayings #5838
#2. There I am, chain-smoking and watching YouTube videos in my bedroom at 6 A.M. when a spoken-word video comes on the screen. I knew I had to do it: that it was another part of me that needed to be explored.

Mary Lambert

6 Word Sayings #146576
#3. According to all that God commanded [Noah], so he did. Noah did "according to all that God commanded him, so he did" (Genesis 6:22). Therein lies the key and secret to Noah's faith. When God told him to do something, he did it. He was a man who took God at His word.

David Jeremiah

6 Word Sayings #20121
#4. I have an object, a task, let me say the word, a passion. The profession of writing is a violent and almost indestructible one.

George Sand

6 Word Sayings #6814
#5. I don't like the word 'urban' because I think it's a bit of a generalisation and they use it to class music, but I don't think it's a word that necessarily classes music.

Taio Cruz

6 Word Sayings #6342
#6. Trust is just another five letter word, one that comes before not,

Ellen Hopkins

6 Word Sayings #6340
#7. You can't say the secret word!

Alex Riley

6 Word Sayings #6100
#8. I must warn you against the impression that mine is the final word on nonviolence. All I claim is that every experiment of mine has deepened my faith in nonviolence as the greatest force at the disposal of mankind.

Mark Shepard

6 Word Sayings #6005
#9. The word "art" does not designate the concept of a mere eventuality; it is a concept of rank.
To dwell is to garden.

Martin Heidegger

6 Word Sayings #5955
#10. If we have been diligent to hide the Word of God in our hearts, and if we continue to labor over that Word, we can be assured that in the time of harvest we will reap a bountiful reward if we faint not. (See Galatians 6:9.)

T.D. Jakes

6 Word Sayings #161247
#11. The radical tension between good and evil, as man sees it and feels it, does not have the last word about the meaning of life and the nature of existence. There is a spirit in man and in
the world working always against the thing that destroys and lays waste.

Howard Thurman

6 Word Sayings #5728
#12. Influence requires humility. The essence of influence is others. The key word is relationships.

Johnny Hunt

6 Word Sayings #5721
#13. How is it that a kiss can say so much?

Saying I love you is huge, but to kiss someone who has told you that means everything. A kiss speaks the truth, and I know. I know in his kisses, that he means every single word.

Heather Gunter

6 Word Sayings #5703
#14. More by example than by word, my father taught me logical reasoning, compassion, love of others, honesty, and discipline applied with understanding.

Paul D. Boyer

6 Word Sayings #5657
#15. I'm actually not a big fan of the word hope. I think it's a depressing word. I don't want to hope - I want to know. Like I don't hope there's a God, I know there's a God.

Kelly Clarkson

6 Word Sayings #5467
#16. Think me not unkind and rude
That I walk alone in grove and glen;
I go to the god of the wood
To fetch his word to men.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 Word Sayings #5173
#17. Many churches have molded their programs around the community - not the Word of God.

Billy Graham

6 Word Sayings #4805
#18. I'm trying to not follow fashion. I don't even like the word. But I do like clothes, and I like nicely cut clothes that last and that are built to be worn for the next 30 years.

Robbie Williams

6 Word Sayings #4677
#19. God is a man of His word, He assures us that we'll succeed in every task, every assignment, every dream, every vision He gives us. And always uses catchphrases for us to cling on during tough times. 'Be strong and courageous' (Joshua 1:6).

Euginia Herlihy

6 Word Sayings #377308
#20. Don't you loathe the word "workaholic"? It has nothing to do with an important thing, that you and your secretary are at the office until 6:30. But that's life, kiddo. 24-hour work doesn't go on in America. 24-hour work is what Italy and Holland did after the war. The lights never went out!

Diana Vreeland

6 Word Sayings #381807
#21. Father God, according to Your Word, without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to You must believe that You exist and that You reward those who earnestly seek You. (Heb. 11:6) Lord, I want to please You. Build faith in me so my life will honor the life of Your Son.

Beth Moore

6 Word Sayings #599688
#22. 5 I j wait for the LORD, k my soul waits, and l in his word I hope; 6 my soul m waits for the Lord more than n watchmen for o the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.

Anonymous

6 Word Sayings #1005759
#23. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word" (Acts 6:4).

Arthur W. Pink

6 Word Sayings #1043939
#24. Remember ... that you are redeemed of the Lord [Ephesians 1:7]-that you are bought with a price [1 Corinthians 6:20], even the inestimable price of the precious blood of the Son of God ... Acquaint yourselves with Him in His word and holy ordinances.

William Samuel Johnson

6 Word Sayings #1078521
#25. Peter and others who experienced the special filling on Pentecost Day (2:4) were filled with the Spirit again and again (4:8, 31; 6:5; 7:55) and so boldly spoke the word of God. That was just the beginning. The fullness of the Spirit affects all areas of life, not just speaking boldly (

John F. MacArthur Jr.

6 Word Sayings #1083796
#26. Whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. 1 JOHN 2:5-6

Stormie O'martian

6 Word Sayings #1248157
#27. When you seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, Matthew 6:33, there becomes no need to seek yet another kingdom.

Paul Halbeck

6 Word Sayings #1345638
#28. I really dont feel that persons who discovered in 2011 after 6 years of struggle how to install a wordpress weblog have the right to the word 'avantgarde'.

Martijn Benders

6 Word Sayings #1409538
#29. Whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him (Hebrews 11:6, emphasis added). Call that payoff contentment, satisfaction, peace, or excitement - it all adds up to one word: happiness

Randy Alcorn

6 Word Sayings #1510762
#30. Civilization - a word that simply means "living in cities ... "
Excerpt From: Standage, Tom. "A History of the World In 6 Glasses.

Tom Standage

6 Word Sayings #1677613
#31. California, still a magical vanity fair.

Eileen Granfors

6 Word Sayings #1707194
#32. 37For nothing will be impossible with God." 38And Mary said, "Behold, I am the servant [6] of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word." And the angel departed from her.

Anonymous

6 Word Sayings #1718864
#33. If we were united and strong, we'd elect our own emir (leader) and give allegiance to him ... Take my word, if 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us.

Siraj Wahhaj

6 Word Sayings #1827707
#34. Coward is the most misused word in our society.

Doug Stanhope

6 Word Sayings #1158
#35. In the context of fiercely monolingual dominant cultures like that of the United States, code-switching lays claim to a form of cultural power: the power to own but not be owned by the dominant language...Code-switching is a rich source of wit, humour, puns, word play, and games of rhythm and rhyme.

Mary Louise Pratt

6 Word Sayings #2660
#36. We can change the world with every thought we have and every word we speak.

Alberto Villoldo

6 Word Sayings #2503
#37. Savory ... that's a swell word. And Basil and Betel. Capsicum. Curry. All great. But Relish, now, Relish with a capital R. No argument, that' the best.

Ray Bradbury

6 Word Sayings #2369
#38. It's an important social duty to spread the word of English to people whose livelihoods depend on knowing the language.

Billy Collins

6 Word Sayings #1992
#39. If he had uttered the word "come" she would have followed him to the bitter ends of the earth; if he had said, "There is no hope," she would have known the finality of despair.

Ford Madox Ford

6 Word Sayings #1937
#40. No holy place existed without us then,
no woodland, no dance, no sound.
Beyond all hope, I prayed those timeless
days we spent might be made twice as long.
I prayed one word: I want.
Someone, I tell you, will remember us,
even in another time.

Sappho

6 Word Sayings #1443
#41. The word "miss" is so wistful. As is the word "wistful," for that matter. They both have sighs embedded in them, that "iss" sound. Which also sounds like if.

Joan Wickersham

6 Word Sayings #1367
#42. For the world was changing, and sweetness was gone, and virtue too. Worry had crept on a corroding world, and what was lost- good manners, ease and beauty? Ladies were not ladies anymore, and you couldn't trust a gentleman's word.

John Steinbeck

6 Word Sayings #1173
#43. I hope for an America where neither "fundamentalist" nor "humanist" will be a dirty word, but a fair description of the different ways in which people of good will look at life and into their own souls.

Edward Kennedy

6 Word Sayings #2774
#44. LUCK is a word used by people who did not take action when greatest opportunities were presented. They use it to describe the success of those who have acted.
Some use FAITH to describe what others call LUCK

Elie Jerome

6 Word Sayings #1155
#45. Not one word," Kel warned. "Tobe and I have reached an understanding."
Neal's lips twitched. "Why do I feel you did most of the understanding.

Tamora Pierce

6 Word Sayings #1115
#46. PUBLISHER'S NOTE To seize the knowledge of the UNKNOWABLE needs a language, which is at once symbolically creative, revealingly poetic, infinitely plastic, luminously rhythmic, automatic perception of right relations and their inevitable descent of truth of idea, word and action.

Maa Krishna Sri Aurobindo

6 Word Sayings #716
#47. And by the power of a word, I begin my life again.

Paul Eluard

6 Word Sayings #677
#48. Catholic schools carry out a great mission, to serve God by building knowledge and character ... By teaching the word of God, you prepare your students to follow a path of virtue.

George W. Bush

6 Word Sayings #588
#49. Try not to worry, for time is a great healer.' Such words were futile.

Catherine Cookson

6 Word Sayings #512
#50. Pathetic, huh?" He learned that word
from me.
"Yeah. It's like the opposite of a fish,
right?

Hannah Moskowitz

6 Word Sayings #476
#51. Dancing is forbidden to Christians. Isn't it suggestive that the word ballet comes from the Greek ballo, which is also the origin of diabolos, "devil"?8

Peter J. Leithart

6 Word Sayings #379
#52. Son, don't mind what's missing. Count allthat's free: friendship, laughter, all thelove your heart can carry, and time -- count time.

Nikki Grimes

6 Word Sayings #2823
#53. There's not a word I can say to you that you have not already though of, Mamah... There are ways to hold the thing up in the light and see a hundred facets, and knowing you, you've found a hundred and one.

Nancy Horan

6 Word Sayings #2883
#54. This assignment could damn well project all the words across my face and the ink stain my hands a gory mess before I finished it.

Jazz Feylynn

6 Word Sayings #2962
#55. To have great faith is to have great power, because your intent, your will, is undivided. When your word isn't dissipated by doubt, the power of your word becomes even stronger.

Miguel Angel Ruiz

6 Word Sayings #3157
#56. I never, ever used my son for publicity. He'll have his say one day if he wants it. He'll have the last word. He has time to defend himself.

Linda Evangelista

6 Word Sayings #3178
#57. Sometimes, one gesture comprises an entire drama, the accent of one word ruins an entire existence, and the indifference of one glance kills the happiest passion.

Honore De Balzac

6 Word Sayings #3346
#58. I am very clear that when I work with a director what he or she says is the last word.

Shah Rukh Khan

6 Word Sayings #3366
#59. Light was first Through the Lord's word Named day: Beauteous, bright creation!

Caedmon

6 Word Sayings #3448
#60. The best advice on writing I've ever received was from William Zinsser: 'Be grateful for every word you can cut.'

Christopher Buckley

6 Word Sayings #3678
#61. Love. People threw that word around like carzy.

Nick Burd

6 Word Sayings #3977
#62. Let no one persuade you by word or deed to do or say whatever is not best for you.

Pythagoras

6 Word Sayings #4333
#63. American Christianity is based more on a godless culture than it is the word of God.

Paul Washer

6 Word Sayings #4421
#64. I believe that eclecticism is a virtue. It may not be a word, but its definitely a virtue.

Will Smith

6 Word Sayings #4431
#65. We learn the language of prayer by immersing ourselves in the language that God uses to reveal Himself to us.

Eugene H. Peterson

6 Word Sayings #4507
#66. Word on the streets of Chicago in 1963 was that if Chuck Nicoletti got a contract with your name on it, you were already dead-- you just didn't know it yet.

Richard Belzer And David Wayne

6 Word Sayings #4580

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top