Top 100 5 Year Quotes

#1. The mistake ... was attributed in part to the fact that employees called the 3-year note 'Losh' and the 5-year note 'Bosh'. The comic mixing of 'Loshes' and 'Boshes' sounded more like a Dr. Seuss children's book than a cutting-edge risk-management operation.

Frank Partnoy

5 Year Quotes #33906
#2. Our recent 5-year labour agreements, in Canada as well as the United States, are based upon experience, logic and principle rather than on pressure, propaganda and force.

Charles E. Wilson

5 Year Quotes #114883
#3. I learned to knit in 2002, six months after my 5-year-old daughter, Grace, died suddenly from a virulent form of strep. I was unable to read or write, and friends suggested I take up knitting; almost immediately I fell under its spell.

Ann Hood

5 Year Quotes #158053
#4. We're in a tough situation because of teenage children, and then we have a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old, so my family and my responsibilities is sort of a juggle.

Wayne Gretzky

5 Year Quotes #192725
#5. On her daughters: I have a 5 year old and I have a 1 year old.

Sarah Rafferty

5 Year Quotes #337024
#6. The real menace in dealing with a 5-year-old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a 5-year-old.

Jean Kerr

5 Year Quotes #356782
#7. I'd much rather dress like a 5 year old than a 21 year old. I'd much rather wear a puffy sleeved shirt than some low-cut top.

Elle Fanning

5 Year Quotes #360296
#8. There was a whole display set up of all the X-Men paraphernalia. My wife couldn't resist telling this 5-year-old boy that I was Wolverine. The little kid looked up at me and he was staring at me.

Hugh Jackman

5 Year Quotes #486953
#9. I think that all of us are 5-year-olds and we don't want to be embarrassed in the schoolyard. I've gone through things in my life. People say it must be so hard to do it in the public eye, but the truth is, when you go through hard things, it's just hard.

Helen Hunt

5 Year Quotes #503702
#10. The courts don't remove children from their home because the child underperformed at school or required extra long walks or a game of basketball in order to blow off the steam all 5-year-olds have. It's because the parents were unfit, not the kids.

Angela Featherstone

5 Year Quotes #504437
#11. If you are a 5-year-old, you just go ahead and try something. You don't think about it. You are just a little kid.

Quvenzhane Wallis

5 Year Quotes #583482
#12. As mutual fund returns vary widely, e.g. as of October 31, 2014, the 5-year annualized return has varied between -6.94% and 26.42% with average return of 13.62%. A right advisor can definitely provide value addition in fund selection and achieving your goals.

Jigar Patel

5 Year Quotes #723669
#13. Maybe GM was aiming this ad campaign at a certain market. Like 5 year-olds. But I'm no longer 5. I could very well be the only one with this opinion.

Anonymous

5 Year Quotes #755218
#14. I'm a 40-year-old, and I have a 5-year-old kid. I don't want to be unhealthy. I want to be around for as long as I can.

Marissa Jaret Winokur

5 Year Quotes #756247
#15. Rhesus monkeys as well as human adults and older children living in a remote Amazon village have been given comparison and addition tasks using arrays of dots, and they show the same abilities we find in 5- year- old Boston children.

Elizabeth Spelke

5 Year Quotes #789657
#16. We're getting closer. I believe a 5-year-old with diabetes will live long enough to be cured.

Ron Santo

5 Year Quotes #818659
#17. Now's the time to teach your 5-year-old kid about financing. If they can add, I suggest that you start teaching them about saving that money. And how their money can add up in the future. I think the more you prepare your children for the future, the better off they'll be.

Donald Faison

5 Year Quotes #863308
#18. You may be gifted, but you have the maturity of 5 year olds.

Paula Pearce

5 Year Quotes #884858
#19. I love the fact that I'm bad at [things], you know what I'm saying? I'm forever the 35-year-old 5-year-old. I'm forever the 5-year-old of something.

Kanye West

5 Year Quotes #976954
#20. My children range in age from 5 to 31. We adopted the 5-year-old, but people are often impressed with my wife before knowing that.

Kevin Cramer

5 Year Quotes #999999
#21. You don't want to be the first person to tell your 5-year-old, like, 'You're going to have a life filled with disappointments and letdowns - enjoy!'

Maya Rudolph

5 Year Quotes #1174475
#22. I hope my fans will grow with me. I want to be like Michael Jackson: 5-year-olds love his music, and 75-year-olds love his music.

Drake Bell

5 Year Quotes #1256687
#23. Sometimes I think I am still that 5-year-old girl playing with her dogs in the yard. That's how I see myself.

Rachel Hunter

5 Year Quotes #1324606
#24. He has a 5 year plan ... What is it, don't die?

Adam Sandler

5 Year Quotes #1365913
#25. I grew up as a little 4- and 5-year-old kid, watching Phil Tippett and my dad make monsters in our garage. That's what I did, as a child.

Robert Stromberg

5 Year Quotes #1384396
#26. The Yankees' Facebook page was hacked. The hacker was immediately purchased and signed to a 5 year contract with the Yankees.

Stephen Colbert

5 Year Quotes #1404514
#27. We were not always 70, or rather our 70 is an accumulation of all the other ways we were. Our 5-year-old selves became our 10-year-old selves, and so on and on; and if we unpack our selves, the full album appears. Every moment is a part of the following moment, and we are all a continuum.

Anne Roiphe

5 Year Quotes #1545421
#28. A theologically astute, immature Christian is like a 5-year-old flying an Apache helicopter.

Kevin DeYoung

5 Year Quotes #1632540
#29. I try to squeeze in a workout whenever I can, even if it's doing squats with my 7-month-old in the kitchen or jumping on the trampoline with my 5-year-old.

Jennie Finch

5 Year Quotes #1747152
#30. I was always surrounded by expectation from the very first race I ran as a 5-year-old.

Cathy Freeman

5 Year Quotes #1789397
#31. Well I'm a 5 year old at heart; I still think that there is a monster under my bed - and I'm not joking. It's pathetic, it's really not cute.

Eva Mendes

5 Year Quotes #1808953
#32. The 5-year-old sees that Paradise correctly, not in technology but in the fairy story, in the great myths that control and guide our lives. And myth is meaning divined rather than defined, implicit rather than explicit.

George Sheehan

5 Year Quotes #1869448
#33. Self-discipline predicted academic performance more robustly than did IQ. Self-discipline also predicted which students would improve their grades over the course of the school year, whereas IQ did not. ... Self-discipline has a bigger effect on academic performance than does intellectual talent.5.2

Charles Duhigg

5 Year Quotes #15106
#34. I'm going to introduce BookShots, which are these under-150-page books that I'm launching, and they're under $5. They just launched in Australia. I already had a ton of content, but now add 50 books a year of content.

James Patterson

5 Year Quotes #48241
#35. Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign announced that it raised over $1.5 million in the 24 hours after he announced his bid. Meanwhile, a 12-year-old on Kickstarter just raised $7 million in five minutes after announcing his idea for juice box water guns.

Jimmy Fallon

5 Year Quotes #71576
#36. Who lives in true poverty - The janitor who is grateful for the chocolate chip pancakes his 6 year old helped his wife prepare for dinner, or The CEO who is ungrateful for the type of wine served with his 5-star meal?

Julia Rose

5 Year Quotes #102408
#37. It's a completely different situation right now because last year it was the time that nobody expected anything from me anything
I had nothing to lose, basically I was starting from zero. And now I'm back in Top 5. And for me it's a different stage.

Marat Safin

5 Year Quotes #140076
#38. There's 6.5 billion people curled up like fists protesting death, but every breath we take has to be given back; a nine year old boy taught me that.

Shane Koyczan

5 Year Quotes #152693
#39. It's being reported that Google spent over $5 million on lobbying just during the first quarter of this year. You'd think Google wouldn't really need to lobby politicians. All they have to say is, 'We have your search history. Do what we tell you.'

Jimmy Fallon

5 Year Quotes #270682
#40. I don't do much driving - about 5,000-6,000 miles a year. And most of that is to the airport and to the racing circuits.

Allan McNish

5 Year Quotes #271729
#41. I see myself being 5 times hotter than I am now every year. I just focus on being hotter than the year before.

Slim Thug

5 Year Quotes #278025
#42. You should think about for the next 10 years, you're going to be giving out 3-5% of the company every year.

Sam Altman

5 Year Quotes #316614
#43. We must be careful that the people who make $5,000 a year are not pitted against those that make $25,000 a year by those who make $900,000.

Barbara Mikulski

5 Year Quotes #329407
#44. People often overestimate what they can reasonably achieve in a year. But they vastly underestimate what they can achieve in 5 years.

Steve Pavlina

5 Year Quotes #332424
#45. As a Member of Congress from one of the fastest growing States in the country, we hire close to 2,500 new teachers a year, close to 5,000 support staff and faculty.

Jon Porter

5 Year Quotes #363700
#46. There is good evidence that last year's European heat wave was influenced by global warming. It resulted in 26,000 premature deaths and cost $13.5 billion.

Tony Blair

5 Year Quotes #379409
#47. I reckon I can count on 30 more writing years, averaging a book a year (I can't keep up the 2-2.5 a year I used to do these days). And these days I've gotten round to wondering, for each new idea, "do I want to be remembered for this?" before I get to the point of spending a year on it.

Charles Stross

5 Year Quotes #385458
#48. Today I can announce a raft of reforms that we estimate could save over 2.5 million police hours every year. That's the equivalent of more than 1,200 police officer posts. These reforms are a watershed moment in policing. They show that we really mean business in busting bureaucracy.

Theresa May

5 Year Quotes #393901
#49. Do you realize that if we could increase just by 50 percent the number of adults who have a college degree, it would add $5 billion to the economy and it would result in a net income to the state of Arkansas of $340 million a year?

Mike Huckabee

5 Year Quotes #467486
#50. I think the only time I doubted myself was my senior year in high school. I was not offered a Division I scholarship. I remember a scout from Ohio State coming in and looking at my film. He was all excited to meet me. Then he met me and I was 5'10 and he said that I was not a Division I quarterback.

Doug Flutie

5 Year Quotes #468368
#51. When the first book out my sister-in-law read it and we were chatting at 5 o'clock in the afternoon and she said, "Oh my God, chapter six, sex and a murder," and her five year old wandered into the kitchen and said, "Sixty hamburgers?

Sara Sheridan

5 Year Quotes #494280
#52. In 1800, the average person consumed 5 pounds per year;7 now we average 152 pounds a year.

Rick Warren

5 Year Quotes #566624
#53. children died that same week at the hands of a parent, just like every week - and most of them were under 5 years old. Four million luckier children were physically abused last year,

Gavin De Becker

5 Year Quotes #569847
#54. Every year 3.1 million Indian children die before the age of 5, mostly from diseases of poverty like diarrhea.

Nicholas D. Kristof

5 Year Quotes #570493
#55. People really don't know the extent of what I actually do. I'm not one of those rappers ... "Hey! Make a hit. Throw it on an album! Sit at home and make more music." I put 4 or 5 mixtapes out and do shows all year long.

Gorilla Zoe

5 Year Quotes #628304
#56. Halloween's coming. Kids get very imaginative in my neighborhood. Last year, three kids showed up as Goldman Sachs executives and demanded 4.5 billion pieces of candy.

Jay Leno

5 Year Quotes #727531
#57. AirBnB spent 5 months interviewing their first employee, before they hired someone and in their first year, they only hired 2 people.

Sam Altman

5 Year Quotes #734223
#58. I do lots of other drugs but I smoke pot maybe 5-10 times a year now. I used to smoke it all the time, but I don't, and I haven't for awhile. That's just because it makes me - and I'm not saying this about everybody else - but it makes me kind of dumb and self-conscious.

David Cross

5 Year Quotes #751200
#59. The trick is falling in love with something enough, and being excited enough by something, to want to make that year and a half or two year commitment and wake up every morning at 5 to go deal with a whole day full of problems to get it up on the screen. You really need passion.

Mark Romanek

5 Year Quotes #769261
#60. In the 5,000-year history of Jewish thought, the notion of a God-man is completely anathema to everything Judaism stands for.

Reza Aslan

5 Year Quotes #773958
#61. Each year, food companies use an amount of salt that is every bit as staggering as it sounds: 5 billion pounds.

Michael Moss

5 Year Quotes #794862
#62. For a developing country, average long-run growth of 5 percent a year per capita is excellent, and 7 percent is stellar.

Alex Berenson

5 Year Quotes #813169
#63. No real journalist makes $5 million a year ... Those in power fear and dislike real journalists.

Chris Hedges

5 Year Quotes #828235
#64. We don't get the Tony gift basket anymore. You used to get incredible swag - there was like $5,000 worth of stuff. I remember getting an MP3 player, gift certificates to restaurants, a three-year gym membership.

Kevin Chamberlin

5 Year Quotes #834430
#65. Back in the hood after a tremendous Aussie tour! Thanks to all who rocked with us, I promise it won't be another 5 yrs before we return! Best news is I'm off for the rest of the year now! Time to get krunk ...

Chris Jericho

5 Year Quotes #908465
#66. My most powerful memory was hearing Earl Scruggs on 'The Beverly Hillbillies' as a 5 or 6 year old. That sound just blew me away, shook my head up.

Bela Fleck

5 Year Quotes #910182
#67. In America, 13.5 million days of work are lost per year due to work related depression, stress and anxiety.

Jack Canfield

5 Year Quotes #935397
#68. In the U.S. there are 45,000 shopping malls employing 10.7 million people. The average American family of four metabolizes four million pounds of material every year to support their lifestyle. That's 11,000 lbs. a day, 7.5 lbs. a minute.

Stephanie Kaza

5 Year Quotes #939213
#69. I was Santa Claus in first year of primary school, our elementary's school play, because I had most panache, that was probably why. I was 5.

James Frecheville

5 Year Quotes #942791
#70. through self-selection or the firm's edict. Depending on the year and the firm, this could be between 5% and 15% of employees. Although compensation generally does not vary much during the first

David Stowell

5 Year Quotes #945398
#71. If your credit is going to grow at 10-15 percent per year in order to get your 5 percent GDP growth per year, eventually you're going to have a problem. This isn't a stable system.

Adair Turner

5 Year Quotes #960948
#72. In this financial year we will be spending at least $1.5 billion on foreign aid and we cannot be sure that this money will be properly spent, as corruption and mismanagement in many of the recipient countries are legend.

Pauline Hanson

5 Year Quotes #966089
#73. In the United States, 25 percent of all Medicare spending is for the 5 percent of patients who are in their final year of life, and most of that money goes for care in their last couple of months that is of little apparent benefit.

Atul Gawande

5 Year Quotes #988383
#74. If US per capita income continues to grow at a rate of 1.5 percent a year, the country will have plenty of money to finance comfortable retirements and high-quality healthcare for all citizens, including those at the bottom of the wage ladder.

William Greider

5 Year Quotes #993505
#75. I go to ComicCon every year, but it's in a work capacity. I'm a legitimate fan of comics, and I have been since I was 5.

Clark Duke

5 Year Quotes #994317
#76. But hereby resolve to write in this book at least twenty minutes a night. (If discouraged, just think of how much will have been recorded for posterity after one mere year!) (September 5) Oops. Missed a day.

George Saunders

5 Year Quotes #1039993
#77. Though you may have never attended a funeral, two of the world's humans die every second. Eight in the time it took you to read that sentence. Now we're at fourteen. If this is too abstract, consider this number: 2.5 million. The 2.5 million people who die in the United States every year.

Caitlin Doughty

5 Year Quotes #1064529
#78. It's not enough to have a value-adding product in a big market. You also need the right conditions. Will you be able to scale revenues within a 5-10 year time frame? Is the timing right? YouTube wouldn't have worked pre-broadband.

Jose Ferreira

5 Year Quotes #1074543
#79. Since I am known as a 'rich' person, I feel I have to tip at least $5 each time I check my coat. On top of that, I would have to wear a very expensive coat, and it would have to be insured. Added up, without a topcoat I save over $20,000 a year.

Aristotle Onassis

5 Year Quotes #1088907
#80. He sent Zuckerberg a letter proposing Viacom would pay $1.5 billion to buy the two-year-old company.

David Kirkpatrick

5 Year Quotes #1116961
#81. I'm not someone who puts their money in a fund that earns 2 to 5 percent a year. I'm a man who tries to change things, move something with my money, to create jobs and, of course, at the same time earn more money with it.

Dietmar Hopp

5 Year Quotes #1118407
#82. Revelation, which is often associated with the end of things, also speaks of new beginnings - a new name (2:17); a new Jerusalem (3:12); a new heaven and a new earth (21:1); and all things new (21:5). It reads like a description of New Year's Eve. Ring out the old; ring in the new!

William J. Petersen

5 Year Quotes #1134010
#83. When I was 5 and playing against 11-year-olds, who were bigger, stronger, faster, I just had to figure out a way to play with them.

Wayne Gretzky

5 Year Quotes #1153829
#84. We're witnessing the end of a 5,000 year reign of patriarchy, and are coming into a society created by our technology that will be more balanced and more feminine. It's already happening. And I think that the good news is that it's coming just in time.

Leonard Shlain

5 Year Quotes #1185282
#85. We live in a world bathed in 5,000 times more energy than we consume as a species in the year, in the form of solar energy. It's just not in usable form yet.

Peter Diamandis

5 Year Quotes #1204236
#86. The Colonel explained to me that 1. this was Alaska's room, and that 2. she had a single room because the girl who was supposed to be her roommate got kicked out at the end of last year, and that 3. Alaska had cigarettes, although the Colonel neglected to ask whether 4. I smoked, which 5. I didn't.

John Green

5 Year Quotes #1207281
#87. Physician error, medication error and adverse events from drugs or surgery kill 225,400 people per year (Chart 1.5).11 That makes our health care system the third leading cause of death in the United States, behind only cancer and heart disease (Chart 1.4

T. Colin Campbell

5 Year Quotes #1207720
#88. I think that, you know, this is a different year than most years. We've got to tell the American people that we have to live with less. We have a $13.5 trillion debt. And the only way to do that is an honest campaign with honest people.

Ken Buck

5 Year Quotes #1276636
#89. Someone is an ignoramus who would say that, 'Oh, we had three hurricanes this year. This proves that somehow the climate is warming.' The earth is 4.5 billion years old, and you're going to say that we had four hurricanes and so it proves a theory?

Rand Paul

5 Year Quotes #1277025
#90. When I'm writing, which is 8-9 months out of the year, I'm in a concerted writing pace, where I work 5 days a week for at least a few hours a day, maybe a little bit more. But I won't work for more than 2 hours at a time. I'll work for a couple hours and take a break.

Amy Ray

5 Year Quotes #1285275
#91. Where we're living we have a certain amount of our profit every year it's like a percentage 5 or 7% or something like that that we set aside specifically for charity things.

Jon Fishman

5 Year Quotes #1353397
#92. When I was 5 years old, my mother read me 'Gone With The Wind' at night, before I went to bed. I remember her reading almost all year.

Pat Conroy

5 Year Quotes #1362097
#93. One in 5 Americans is touched by the Red Cross every single year.

Robert Brady

5 Year Quotes #1364597
#94. When I was 5, some financial things happened, and I moved seven times in a year. We moved from apartment to apartment, sometimes living with friends. My mom would always say, 'Don't get comfortable, because we may not be here long.'

LeBron James

5 Year Quotes #1394253
#95. Last year was a tough decision for me, to end my season so short. But it was the right decision for me, because right now I feel great. I can go out here and sprint full speed right now, but I'm just going to pace myself for April 5.

Brian Jordan

5 Year Quotes #1403630
#96. I also mixed David Bowie's Young Americans album in 5.1 earlier this year and it will be available very soon. Even the original stereo mixes have been re-mastered and sound amazingly good, better than ever, in fact!

Tony Visconti

5 Year Quotes #1422379
#97. Of course I wanted an agent from the time I was like 5, but my mother was like, 'No, you're going to be normal, you're going to go to school, you're going to get good grades, you're going to play soccer, and if you do well, if you keep your grades up, you can do one community-theater show a year.'

Laura Benanti

5 Year Quotes #1432370
#98. A lot of the drive to make narratives came from having to play by myself as a 5- or 6-year-old in the woods.

Matthew Tobin Anderson

5 Year Quotes #1469923
#99. When my father bid $5,000 for the 1962 Championship Game, that was a huge amount. It was double the bid the year before. Pete Rozelle was flabbergasted. Who was this guy who was willing to spend so much money on what seemed like relatively worthless rights to the NFL Championship Game?

Steve Sabol

5 Year Quotes #1470353
#100. I'm the only Red in our family! You know my father, my brother, my brother-in-law, my 14-year-old niece and two of my uncles are all City season ticket holders. So I'm gonna say 5-0 to United!

Ian Brown

5 Year Quotes #1503310

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top