Top 14 439 Vertically Quotes

#1. Conquer the world by intelligence, and not merely by being slavishly subdued by the terror that comes from it.

Bertrand Russell

439 Vertically Quotes #18564
#2. Plot is people. Human emotions and desires founded on the realities of life, working at cross purposes, getting hotter and fiercer as they strike against each other until finally there's an explosion - that's Plot.

Leigh Brackett

439 Vertically Quotes #86468
#3. Vertically, I climb your body's majestic rhyme.

Delano Johnson

439 Vertically Quotes #548692
#4. I pity the fellow who has to create a dialect or paraphrase the dictionary to get laughs. I can't spell, but I have never stooped to spell cat with a 'k' to get at your funny bone. I love a drink, but I never encouraged drunkenness by harping on its alleged funny side.

Mark Twain

439 Vertically Quotes #681353
#5. In my world - advertising - the Super Bowl is judgment day. If politicians have Election Day and Hollywood has the Oscars, advertising has the Super Bowl.

Jerry Della Femina

439 Vertically Quotes #1036921
#6. When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
I summon up remembrance of things past,
I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought ...

William Shakespeare

439 Vertically Quotes #1069831
#7. Life is measured in achievement not in years alone

Bruce McLaren

439 Vertically Quotes #1330536
#8. I really do take more vacations than the president. You can quote me on that.

Zach Braff

439 Vertically Quotes #1448432
#9. Was he really looking forward to it? They were usually a bit of anticlimax, these things. Stillit would do him good. Or serve him right

Colin Dexter

439 Vertically Quotes #1531887
#10. He laughed. "That's funny, 'I don't have any fire.' Everybody's got fire, kiddo. It's just a matter of finding the match that sparks it.

Charles R. Smith Jr.

439 Vertically Quotes #1647762
#11. My political life has been informed by the view that if there was any truth to religion there wouldn't really be any need for politics.

Christopher Hitchens

439 Vertically Quotes #1658518
#12. I put on the page a third look at what I've seen in life - the reinvented experience of a cross-eyed working-class lesbian, addicted to violence, language and hope, who has made the decision to live, is determined to live, on the page and on the street, for me and mine.

Dorothy Allison

439 Vertically Quotes #1716538
#13. It does not matter if we are forgotten; what matters is the effect we have on those around us and those who come after us. What matters is how our own lives affect the larger, perpetual community of the living.

Lynn Schooler

439 Vertically Quotes #1731621
#14. Every group feels strong once it has found a scapegoat.

Mignon McLaughlin

439 Vertically Quotes #1784540

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top