Top 30 4 Syllable Quotes

#1. Philologists, who chase A painting syllable through time and space Start it at home, and hunt it in the dark, To Gaul, to Greece, and into Noah's Ark.

William Cowper

4 Syllable Quotes #11884
#2. He swallowed again and tightened his grip so even if she wanted to leave, she couldn't. It astonished him how difficult it was to find the one word he needed after these exquisite days. The one word he had no right to say.
He forced the forbidden syllable from his tight throat.
Stay.

Anna Campbell

4 Syllable Quotes #40557
#3. I often think of the space of a page as a stage, with words, letters, syllable characters moving across.

Susan Howe

4 Syllable Quotes #45545
#4. There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.

Audrey Niffenegger

4 Syllable Quotes #49291
#5. Stupidity is doomed,
therefore, to cringe
at every syllable
of wisdom.

Heraclitus

4 Syllable Quotes #71982
#6. Every syllable that can be struck out is pure profit, and every page that can be economised is a five-per-cent dividend. Nature rebels against this rule; the flesh is weak, and shrinks from the scissors; I groan in retrospect over the weak.

Henry Adams

4 Syllable Quotes #95873
#7. The basic rhymes in English are masculine, which is to say that the last syllable of the line is stressed: 'lane' rhymes with 'pain,' but it also rhymes with 'urbane' since the last syllable of 'urbane' is stressed. 'Lane' does not rhyme with 'methane.'

James Fenton

4 Syllable Quotes #99690
#8. The real human division is this: the luminous and the shady. To diminish the number of the shady, to augment the number of the luminous, - that is the object. That is why we cry: Education! science! To teach reading, means to light the fire; every syllable spelled out sparkles.

Victor Hugo

4 Syllable Quotes #121685
#9. I have lived some thirty years on this planet, and I have yet to hear the first syllable of valuable or even earnest advice from my seniors.

Henry David Thoreau

4 Syllable Quotes #129617
#10. What will the last syllable of recorded time be, and who will be the one to write it? No matter how long we live, we still wonder when our world will end and how.

Thea Harrison

4 Syllable Quotes #168214
#11. In our own lives the voice of God speaks slowly, a syllable at a time. Reaching the peak of years, dispelling some of our intimate illusions and learning how to spell the meaning of life-experiences backwards, some of us discover how the scattered syllables form a single phrase.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

4 Syllable Quotes #215412
#12. A thousand fantasies Begin to throng into my memory, Of calling shapes, and beckoning shadows dire, And airy tongues that syllable men's names On sands and shores and desert wildernesses

John Milton

4 Syllable Quotes #219749
#13. The Brain is just the weight of God
For
Heft them
Pound for Pound
And they will differ
if they do
As Syllable from Sound

Emily Dickinson

4 Syllable Quotes #221840
#14. No!" Linus sounds really shocked. Shocked, embarrassed, discomfited. Kind of mortified. Like he can't believe I would say that. (I'm getting all this from one syllable, you understand.)

Sophie Kinsella

4 Syllable Quotes #223934
#15. I find my voice and manage to say those three one-syllable words back to him. Words I haven't uttered in a very, very long time. Words that meant nothing before now.

Emily Giffin

4 Syllable Quotes #242193
#16. MONOSYLLABIC, adj. Composed of words of one syllable ... Commonly Saxon - that is to say, words of a barbarous people destitute of ideas and incapable of any but the most elementary sentiments and emotions.

Ambrose Bierce

4 Syllable Quotes #244877
#17. If you want to say that a word has a circumflex on its penultimate syllable, without saying flat out that it has a circumflex there, there is a word for it: properispomenon.

Bill Bryson

4 Syllable Quotes #254765
#18. As Chloe, I can honestly say I've never uttered a syllable of a curse word, not even behind closed doors.

Chloe Grace Moretz

4 Syllable Quotes #275609
#19. I began a poem in lines of one syllable. It's rather difficult, but the merit of all things lies in their difficulty. The subject matter is gallant. I'll read you the first canto; it's four hundred verses long and takes one minute.

Alexandre Dumas

4 Syllable Quotes #312360
#20. The one I tell everyone, the one I'm very, very proud of is 'Call Me Irresponsible.' Simply because I want to say and it's not as facetious as it sounds. It has five syllable words in it.

Sammy Cahn

4 Syllable Quotes #320175
#21. Wyatt Fox. It suited him. Clean, masculine, not a syllable wasted. Like James Bond, if 007 included cowboy-marine-firefighter in his stable of personae.
Fox.

Wyatt Fox. License to thrill - and send your panties plummeting.

Kate Meader

4 Syllable Quotes #329080
#22. Of calling shapes, and beck'ning shadows dire,
And airy tongues that syllable men's names.

John Milton

4 Syllable Quotes #351949
#23. She always called him Luca, in the Italian manner, and said it with that funny trans-European intonation, the accent oddly placed on the first syllable: 'Where's Loo-ka?', just like Audrey Hepburn saying, 'Take the pic-ture,' in Funny Face.

Adam Gopnik

4 Syllable Quotes #399947
#24. It is important that the audience should understand every syllable of every word, for only then can they grasp the meaning of the song.

Kate Smith

4 Syllable Quotes #412024
#25. Aaron would never make up anything like that."
"That's because Aaron doesn't say anything that requires words of more than one syllable.

Richelle Mead

4 Syllable Quotes #413895
#26. Wamblecropt is the most exquisite word in the English language. Say it. Each syllable is intolerably beautiful.

Mark Forsyth

4 Syllable Quotes #429455
#27. Punk was just a single, venomous one-syllable, two-syllable phrase of anger - which was necessary to reignite rock & roll. But sooner or later, someone was going to want to say more than fuck you.

Greil Marcus

4 Syllable Quotes #452420
#28. But in love each moment is magnified, and every gesture, word and syllable is examined like a speech by the President.

Hanif Kureishi

4 Syllable Quotes #504783
#29. She had a hit for every syllable: 'Don't. You. Ever. Talk. To. Me. Like. That. Ever. Again.' That was the last time I ever talked back to Mom.

Misty May-Treanor

4 Syllable Quotes #538994
#30. My hand lowered slowly to my side. It trembled. "There is no affection," I said, each syllable a measured force of emotion I dared not allow purchase, "that will endure when treated as a thing.

Karina Cooper

4 Syllable Quotes #539633

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top