Top 100 20 Something Quotes

#1. In 1990, when I had just arrived in New York City as a wet-behind-the-ears 20-something girl from Arizona, I spent a year or more working as the personal secretary and secret ghostwriter to an American-born countess in her apartment on the Upper East Side.

Kate Christensen

20 Something Quotes #44566
#2. The difference between a 20-something and a 30-something man? Wisdom. At 20 years old, we don't really get how sensitive and beautiful women are. By 30, we're finally starting to learn.

Gilles Marini

20 Something Quotes #308828
#3. Being a naive 20-something I didn't think that I could just go to the screen cartoonist's union, that I was a member of, and scream bloody murder and they would have jumped all over this guy and said, "Oh, but yes he does get screen credit."

Mike Royer

20 Something Quotes #410066
#4. When you're a 20-something grassroots activist, and you're deciding how to spend your time and money to make a difference, it makes a lot of sense to cause a million in damage with just $100 of investment. That's a better return than any other form of activism I've been involved in.

Rod Coronado

20 Something Quotes #532645
#5. You know what makes me feel old? When I see girls who are 20-something, or the new crop of actresses, and think, Aren't we kind of the same age?

Jennifer Aniston

20 Something Quotes #611085
#6. If you read only one memoir by a disaffected, urban, 20-something Jewish girl this year, make it this one. Shukert rocks the lulav.

Gary Shteyngart

20 Something Quotes #1101934
#7. I think people are people and, if their feelings are truthful, they can connect. It doesn't matter if you're an aging, 50-something wrestler at the end of his career, or an ambitious, 20-something ballet dancer.

Darren Aronofsky

20 Something Quotes #1265084
#8. So, yeah, I mean, there is something universal about that feeling - that 20-something, what the hell am I going to do with my life, I'm lost and my parents are freaking me out, and what's the point? Every generation has a way of making that unique, but there are certain universals of that feeling.

Zach Braff

20 Something Quotes #1413639
#9. I was incredibly depressed and I found myself avoiding doing interviews where my [20-something daughters] could hear me - or leaving books on the coffee table they could see.

John H Richardson

20 Something Quotes #1454644
#10. Being on TV in front of people is a lot different than sitting in a dark room with a microphone. When I had my radio show, I was on four hours a day for 20-something years. If you put a live microphone in front of Mother Teresa for that amount of time, she'd piss somebody off.

Wendy Williams

20 Something Quotes #1526893
#11. I am pleased to say that as I get older, I get less and less like the sitcom 'Miranda.' She is really a clown character, a heightened version of the 20-something me.

Miranda Hart

20 Something Quotes #1620595
#12. While 'Friends' was about a 20-something population and what they were going through, they were also dealing with issues with their family.

Warren Littlefield

20 Something Quotes #1844218
#13. I'll tell you what 20 years teaches you - is that if one thing doesn't last something else will come down the pipe and to go from that and to do these films now.

Blair Underwood

20 Something Quotes #9262
#14. I just have this feeling if I take pi, well past all this static, take pi to 10 million, 20 million digits, that I'll find something really incredible. Not just a pattern, not just an order, but a sign. A mathematical sign.

Andrew Schneider

20 Something Quotes #11055
#15. I hate the treadmill. I hate it. You really don't have to be on it that long, something like 20 or 30 minutes. It's all about getting your heart rate up.

Derek Jeter

20 Something Quotes #23908
#16. I don't know what has happened to movies, but lately every movie is at least 20 minutes too long. It used to be that if you were three hours long it was because it was epic - a movie about Gandhi; something with very important subject matters.

Ethan Hawke

20 Something Quotes #35505
#17. I see myself as a first-draft writer, so when I sit down to write something, the first draft is usually pretty close to the end draft. There will be some tweaks along the way, but it's not like I'll go 20 pages and throw it out and start again.

Noah Hawley

20 Something Quotes #37139
#18. Everybody seems to have given up hope of trying. I haven't. It isn't easy and it isn't supposed to be, but I'm accomplishing something. How many people give up a lot to do something good. I'm sure we would have found a cure for cancer 20 years ago if we had really tried

Terry Fox

20 Something Quotes #38759
#19. Be a good listener to the elders. There is a good chance that you will learn something in 20 minutes or less that took them 70 or more years to learn.

Fredio Samples

20 Something Quotes #43680
#20. We're trying to have the band create something beautiful that hopefully one day, 20 years from now, can be picked up by a kid and hopefully have the same effect that Neil Young had on me, or Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath.

Ville Valo

20 Something Quotes #47271
#21. I think we really feel like Crowdrise could be something that, 20 years from now, people take for granted because that's just how you do it, like if you're going to raise money for something, that's how you do it.

Edward Norton

20 Something Quotes #56265
#22. I don't want to be 45 competing with 20-year-olds, running to go get Botox. I want to be an expressive actor hired for the age that I am, portraying women who are my age: 40. I'm just hoping I can find some of those roles to play. Otherwise, I have to find something else.

Debi Mazar

20 Something Quotes #59041
#23. I've been writing songs all along, and since moving to Nashville in the late-'80s, I'd begun writing something like 15-20 songs a year, instead of the typical three or four in previous years.

Bernie Leadon

20 Something Quotes #62626
#24. Every 20 minutes you've got to have a bump, you've got to have a change in course, you've got to unsettle the audience. It can't be too predictable so something has to happen. I think that was something that Hitchcock did very well too. You couldn't let an audience feel too settled in.

Barbara Broccoli

20 Something Quotes #125930
#25. Agent Smith, a lady is never late, everyone is simply early." I said back, paraphrasing something I saw on a 20/20 special.
"Well, a lady isn't exactly what they are expecting.

Rumi Antoinette

20 Something Quotes #157663
#26. There is something about a poet which leads us to believe that he died, in many cases, as long as 20 years before his birth.

James Thurber

20 Something Quotes #160109
#27. I don't want to wait 20 or 50 years for something to be done about petrochemical pollution.

Jack Herer

20 Something Quotes #162777
#28. You have to believe in yourself and you have to take risks. You know how people say 30 is new 20 and 40 is new 30? Well I think essentially what that's telling us is there are so many opportunities out there, you don't have to rush into something.

Jay Ellis

20 Something Quotes #253670
#29. I never expected that, 20 years later, Chucky would be considered a classic, if I may invoke that term. A golden oldie anyway, something that people still care about 20 years later.

David Kirschner

20 Something Quotes #285786
#30. The minimum wage is not something that you want to stay on as a permanent basis. For example, if you have a minimum wage job, you don't stay there 20 or 30 years. You don't put your children through college working on minimum wage.

John Raese

20 Something Quotes #305083
#31. Remember, if you sit at your desk for 15 or 20 years, every day, not counting weekends, it changes you. It just does. It may not improve your temper, but it fixes something else. It makes you more free.

Anne Enright

20 Something Quotes #306807
#32. You know, there's something heartsick about parties like this. Look at us. We're all pretending to be smart, as if intelligence were the cure for our anguish.

Charles Baxter

20 Something Quotes #328691
#33. Sometimes something as simple as going for a 20-minute jog on any given day is important. Keeps your body moving and legs from getting stiffened up from doing high-intensity workouts during the week.

Jozy Altidore

20 Something Quotes #360340
#34. But I had never drawn on a tablet before. I've been doing pencil and paper and film for almost 20 years. I wanted to try something different. I wanted to teach myself some digital stuff in advance of a bigger feature project that's coming up, and I took to it really quickly.

Don Hertzfeldt

20 Something Quotes #376639
#35. I guess after you've been doing something for 20 plus years, you have to work to stay interested.

Bruce Hornsby

20 Something Quotes #381664
#36. I love the fact that not many people can say 'Oh, I went out and ran 20 miles today.' I love how much dedication it takes and how much you learn a lot about yourself, your physical and mental limits. There's just something about it.

Shalane Flanagan

20 Something Quotes #413840
#37. There are 10-20 times more male comics than female comics; it's something to do with the social structure of society.

Jo Brand

20 Something Quotes #426831
#38. I have this firm belief that I am who I am for a reason. If I change something, I'm cheating myself of whatever it is I'm supposed to learn from my body. You know, I'm legally blind. I'm 20/750, since I was in fifth grade. I wear glasses and contacts. But I won't even get LASIK.

Carrie Ann Inaba

20 Something Quotes #441216
#39. I met my wife on Spring break when I was in college. I was at the University of Notre Dame. She was at the University of New Hampshire. I bumped into her in Florida and told her the next day that I was going to marry her and 20 or something years later here we are.

Nicholas Sparks

20 Something Quotes #443211
#40. I would never tell myself, you have to write 20 pages today or something. But I do try to show up. Read what I wrote, fix things.

Celeste Ng

20 Something Quotes #488145
#41. If you spend your time, worth $20-25 per hour, doing something that someone else will do for $10 per hour, it's simply a poor use of resources.

Timothy Ferriss

20 Something Quotes #492742
#42. I think producers hate me because I will sing something 20, 30 times before I feel it. I always know when I hit it the way I want to, but it's really all in my head and no one else can understand it.

Vic Fuentes

20 Something Quotes #519321
#43. I have known Michael Richards for something like 20 years. We're friends.

Paul Mooney

20 Something Quotes #519816
#44. I think that in my plays you can come in for 20 minutes and get something out of it. I'd like to do a play that would run for days. I don't think time is that important. Nature doesn't hurry the sky, the changing clouds and sunsets.

Robert Wilson

20 Something Quotes #537159
#45. The founders were very worried that if parties developed in America, you might have something like the modern Italian system, where you have 20 different parties that divide Congress and the country and can't govern.

Michael Beschloss

20 Something Quotes #545733
#46. If it is hard to find time to do the complete self-healing, you may practice Reiki by giving Reiki to only the front chakras of the body one day, and the back chakras the next day. This reduces the practice time to about 15-20 minutes, something very achievable in the busiest of schedules.

Beena Rani Goel

20 Something Quotes #572531
#47. The way a film can change over the generations ... You watch a movie when you're 20 years old, and you see the same movie when you're 35 years old or 40 years old, and something happens. The movie changes because we change as individuals.

Lilly Wachowski

20 Something Quotes #577791
#48. I think age is just something written down on a piece of paper. I mean, you come across 20-year-olds who are like old people sometimes. I've never taken much account of age throughout my life - my own or anyone else's.

Emmanuelle Seigner

20 Something Quotes #591356
#49. How many actors have a shot at being a part of something that became a part of pop culture? It's been very rewarding. I'm not getting the 20 million bucks for the new movies, but at least I'm getting warmth and recognition from people wherever I go.

Adam West

20 Something Quotes #605578
#50. For the consumer, fashion is fashion. You can buy something beautiful for $20 and you can buy something ugly for $1,000. It comes down to style. As far as the industry as a whole, it is hard to say. I don't like to separate the worlds.

Kelly Cutrone

20 Something Quotes #617605
#51. I have been acting for over 20 years and I started in the smallest little theater that you can possibly imagine and then I very slowly built myself to this point. So it is never like there is this real sharp change or something that really startled me. It has just been very gradual.

Michael Shannon

20 Something Quotes #641661
#52. I saw 'The Godfather' in London when it came out in 1972 and loved it. I've seen it probably 20 times - I always find something new.

Nigel Lythgoe

20 Something Quotes #725924
#53. We all hate something from our past, Cal. That's why we run from it, or compensate for it, or even fill our van with homeless people. But when something like this happens-when your dad shows up-maybe there is a bigger purpose. 'What you intended for evil, God intended for good.' Genesis 50:20

Brad Meltzer

20 Something Quotes #742064
#54. I dropped about 20 pounds in the blink of an eye. And then when you see it in the mirror, when all of a sudden you pull your eyes down, and the bottom of your eyes go yellow and jaundice sets in - then you know something's wrong.

Patrick Swayze

20 Something Quotes #742095
#55. If we aren't profitable by December 20, I will close the business. That would leave him about $800,000, plus his retirement money and home, and he would do something else to earn a living.

Dave Ramsey

20 Something Quotes #746771
#56. At various times over 20 years, I did preliminary designs for aircraft like the Stratolaunch. For that whole time I was encouraging us to do something that almost everyone else felt you could not do.

Burt Rutan

20 Something Quotes #754014
#57. I think the 24-hour news cycle has helped exaggerate the differences between the parties. You can always find someone on TV somewhere carping about something. That didn't happen 20 years ago.

George H. W. Bush

20 Something Quotes #754633
#58. I felt like a guy in a cell being stared at longingly by a naked one-hundred-and-ten-kilo lifer. You know, sooner or later, that something unpleasant is going to happen to you.

-The Ballad of the Low Lifes, by Enrico Remmert (2003), P. 20

Enrico Remmert

20 Something Quotes #791906
#59. Stats don't matter. I care about winning, not stats. If I score 0 points and we win I'm happy. If I score 50, 60 points, break the records, and we lose, I'm pissed off. 'Cause I knew I did something wrong. I'll have a hell of a season if I win the championship and average 20 points a game.

Shaquille O'Neal

20 Something Quotes #812415
#60. I was not a very good mother. I was always running out to do a movie or something. If I had to do it over, I would either have a career or children. I wouldn't do both unless I could work in my home. I spent 20 years feeling guilty, which is not a very nice emotion.

Joanne Woodward

20 Something Quotes #837963
#61. You can't help but ... with 20/20 hindsight, go back and say, 'Look, had we done something different, we probably wouldn't be facing what we are facing today.'

Norman Schwarzkopf

20 Something Quotes #875947
#62. God looked down on this country because this country was founded on the rock and that rock was our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And when the storms came and the rains came, the rock, it did not move. But over the last 15 or 20 years, something began to erode.

Bob Riley

20 Something Quotes #896932
#63. I don't feel the obligation to have a big explosion in the first 20 seconds so the audience doesn't turn on another channel. We are trying to make something that looks like a feature film that was bought for television and I think we are succeeding.

Tom Selleck

20 Something Quotes #907056
#64. I was in oil when oil was $8 a barrel and in construction when interest rates were 20 percent. I was looking for something everyone used and where you could build a customer base - and if it was successful, you could take it nationwide and even worldwide.

Kenny Troutt

20 Something Quotes #913486
#65. I sometimes feel that if your book sells more than 20 years, then there's something in it that you can say, gee, I did something that endures, that's timeless.

Robert Caro

20 Something Quotes #914184
#66. We're all waiting for the opportunity to do big films but you have to wait your turn - unless you get offered something like Twilight when you're 20! Otherwise, you just have to keep slogging away.

Adam Rayner

20 Something Quotes #919023
#67. I have invested at least 20 years in business and my own reputation. I'm excited to come into public service, because I think I have something to offer and to contribute. In no way will I put myself in a position of undoing what's taken 20 years to build.

Nigel S. Wright

20 Something Quotes #920319
#68. Eighty percent of our life is emotion, and only 20 percent is intellect. I am much more interested in how you feel than how you think. I can change how you think, but how you feel is something deeper and stronger, and it's something that's inside you.

Frank Luntz

20 Something Quotes #930850
#69. Frankly, if you can sell something at $80 a tonne that cost you $20 a tonne, you might want to sell as much as you can.

Kerry Stokes

20 Something Quotes #934724
#70. Remember, if you do the same act for 20, 30 years it gets a little boring unless you've got something else going for you ... And the orchestra really kept you going. They'd laugh at all your jokes, even if they'd been hearing them for the last 30 years.

Donald O'Connor

20 Something Quotes #964874
#71. We have to abandon the idea that schooling is something restricted to youth. How can it be, in a world where half the things a man knows at 20 are no longer true at 40 - and half the things he knows at 40 hadn't been discovered when he was 20?

Arthur C. Clarke

20 Something Quotes #992916
#72. If someone's 20 years old and every third line out of their mouth is anti-something specific, then draw your own conclusion.

Bronson Pinchot

20 Something Quotes #1070002
#73. 20-some years ago, I'd have a big old radio with a tape deck, and I'd hit record and try to get something down on the tape, but nowadays, I can use my handy little smart-phone; I sing into the app for voice memo.

Mary Chapin Carpenter

20 Something Quotes #1075773
#74. I think it's important for me, for my crew and for the audience to bring something new to each show. I have friends who have done the same act, word for word for word, for 20 years. I have a problem with that. I think the audience should see something new in each show.

Carrot Top

20 Something Quotes #1102225
#75. 'Pretty Little Liars,' you know, it's a teen show that grew to be something bigger. I think you had girls from ages 7 to, like, 20 watching the show, and that was the predominant audience. Then it grew to be for girls, boys, men, women, people who are 7 to 35. I think that's crazy.

Aeriel Miranda

20 Something Quotes #1106888
#76. And I think in your 40s, you land a little bit, physically and mentally, you arrive at a place where you feel you've learned some stuff. Having children at that point meant I had something very useful to do for the next 20 years.

Mark Strong

20 Something Quotes #1110469
#77. I think the important thing now, getting closer to the pitch counts, it feels like I got something left. I felt I could have gone out and thrown another 20-25 pitches.

Roy Halladay

20 Something Quotes #1117777
#78. Of course, the whole Andy Kaufman angle was classic. I'm real proud of that. I mean that is something people are still talking about 20 years later, making movies about and that sort of thing. I mean not a day goes by that someone doesn't mention Andy Kaufman to me.

Jerry Lawler

20 Something Quotes #1147233
#79. If I never tried, even if it takes me 20 years to achieve something, then I'd never accomplish anything.

Carolyn R. Tracy

20 Something Quotes #1163149
#80. I figure I wrote 37 songs in 20 years, and that's not exactly a full-time job. It wasn't that I was writing and writing and writing and quit. Every now and then I wrote something, and every now and then I didn't. The second just outnumbered the first.

Tom Lehrer

20 Something Quotes #1199276
#81. Most of us live in a fog. It's like life is a movie we arrived to 20 minutes late. You know something important seems to be going on. But we can't figure out the story. We don't know what part we're supposed to play or what the plot is.

John Eldredge

20 Something Quotes #1202765
#82. In a regular theatre, you'd be kind of moving your eye from one character 5 feet over to the right on the cut. In IMAX, suddenly that's like 20 feet. So I would love to do something. I think I would really want to take the massive screen into consideration so that it would be done properly.

Pete Docter

20 Something Quotes #1220336
#83. You know over 20 years I played for a number of managers and dozens of coaches. I don't know any of them that I didn't learn something from to help make me a better player.

Robin Yount

20 Something Quotes #1253442
#84. The most valuable result of 20 percent time isn't the products and features that get created, it's the things that people learn when they try something new.

Eric Schmidt

20 Something Quotes #1283998
#85. He finally understood ... the thing that the people during the Paleolitic Age, freaking 20,000 to 8,000 B.C., were after when they came up with mythologies to do with flight - a desire for the magic of the sky, for something bigger than their feet treading the earth.

Maud Casey

20 Something Quotes #1290924
#86. Every week it's another opportunity to really make that work and figure out how to make it work better. And I love that it's like theater, too, and the audience, and it's so short. It's only 20 minutes. It's like a haiku or something.

Joan Cusack

20 Something Quotes #1311874
#87. I don't have a child, so Women for Women is like my child. But I always said I would step down after 20 years. I didn't want to be a 60-year-old woman holding on to something I created when I was 23.

Zainab Salbi

20 Something Quotes #1317271
#88. When I am on my board, I always have my ID, ChapStick and maybe a $20 bill, because you never know when you'll need to buy a water or something.

Ryan Sheckler

20 Something Quotes #1331005
#89. I usually try on at least 20 pairs of jeans before I find something that looks good on me. And even then, I have a trustworthy friend tell me if my butt looks big!

Amanda Peet

20 Something Quotes #1351004
#90. Pretty much every weekend, my wife and I have the shall-we-live-in-the-country conversation. I suppose it's something to do with getting older and feeling I want to shed some of the things I've been doing for the last 20 years and go back to my roots.

Andrew Motion

20 Something Quotes #1374867
#91. It's human nature that if you get 20 positive comments and one negative one, you're going to focus on the negative. We all do that. It can be something that drags you down. It's easy to get bogged down with it, but I try to concentrate on the good things.

Bindi Irwin

20 Something Quotes #1385750
#92. I had the opportunity at Duke to start doing things in the community, and it's something I continue to do even 20 years later.

Grant Hill

20 Something Quotes #1395622
#93. Baseball players tend to have something like 20 good years in them and then around their mid-thirties they aren't in the same shape as the young guys in the league and kind of aren't worth as much. Then they retire before 40. And they are left floating adrift in the middle of the ocean.

Michael Cera

20 Something Quotes #1428092
#94. When I was 20 or 21, I didn't ... I won't say care about anything, but you're like in your own world - you made something that you always wanted to do, and then you kind of think only about your family and yourself.

Thierry Henry

20 Something Quotes #1428878
#95. With Zeppelin, I tried to play something different every night in my solos. I'd play for 20 minutes but the longest ever was 30 minutes. It's a long time, but whenI was playing it seemed to fly by.

John Bonham

20 Something Quotes #1434913
#96. When a young writer comes up to me with an ambitious idea for a 20-book series, I usually tell him to maybe try something smaller to start off with.

Jim Butcher

20 Something Quotes #1483632
#97. My mom had me when she was 19 or 20. And my father was 22 or something. They were working on whatever they could, both of them aiming to be actors in theater.

Gael Garcia Bernal

20 Something Quotes #1499172
#98. Let me tell you something, I have never stated this, but you idiots refer to me as some moroon, I have a aster and a lwa degree. I simply cannot take the bar because of my stupid past in my 20's. You people do not want to go up against m on education because most of you will lose badly.

Larry Sinclair

20 Something Quotes #1523996
#99. If I'm going to make music and put my heart and soul into this and dedicate my whole life to it, I want to be making something that 15, 20, 30 years from now, somebody is listening to and that is a staple of the time it came out.

Blake Judd

20 Something Quotes #1535453
#100. The feelings that we equate with love-feeling sick, feeling insecure, not eating-that's just lust getting in the way. It's your ego saying, 'I want to get laid' and 'I hope she likes me more than I like her.' Love is something that should be there in 20 years' time.

Simon Cowell

20 Something Quotes #1543573

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top