Top 100 2 Year Quotes

#1. The Mississippi River carries the mud of thirty states and two provinces 2,000 miles south to the delta and deposits 500 million tons of it there every year. The business of the Mississippi, which it will accomplish in time, is methodically to transport all of Illinois to the Gulf of Mexico.

Charles Kuralt

2 Year Quotes #13275
#2. Self-discipline predicted academic performance more robustly than did IQ. Self-discipline also predicted which students would improve their grades over the course of the school year, whereas IQ did not. ... Self-discipline has a bigger effect on academic performance than does intellectual talent.5.2

Charles Duhigg

2 Year Quotes #15106
#3. It's turns out to be much easier to simulate a grandmaster chess player than it is to simulate a 2-year-old.

Alison Gopnik

2 Year Quotes #28568
#4. I think that's a bit unfair. I'm a father with a 2-year-old child and I feel pretty young, actually.

Gordon Brown

2 Year Quotes #46163
#5. If unemployment could be brought down to say 2 percent at the cost of an assured steady rate of inflation of 10 percent per year, or even 20 percent, this would be a good bargain.

William Vickrey

2 Year Quotes #71366
#6. I have a 2-year-old son, and I know I'm dealing with a big, grand word when I can't point to the thing when I define it. Right? If he wants to know what a chair is, I can point to the chair. If he wants to know what religion is, I can't point to anything in particular. The same is true of the state.

Noah Feldman

2 Year Quotes #98492
#7. Having previously graduated from a 2-year commercial arts class, I thought that commercial illustration was the best way to make a living doing art. But the more tattoos that I did, the more I realized what artistic career potential tattooing had and I enjoyed it.

William Webb

2 Year Quotes #107689
#8. 'Giving 2.0' frames giving as a learning experience and encourages everyone to make giving a part of your year-round life.

Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen

2 Year Quotes #114667
#9. I think we can launch - successfully, high quality - around 20 original scripted shows a year, which means every 2 1/2 to three weeks you're launching a new season or a new show on Netflix meant to be for really diverse tastes all around the world.

Ted Sarandos

2 Year Quotes #124468
#10. Year-over-year, prices for meat, poultry, fish and eggs are up 7.7%, and fruits and vegetables are up 3.2%.

Anonymous

2 Year Quotes #135598
#11. It's not that you don't make any money doing conscious rap music. You make a lot of money doing this, but if you're greedy and you're not satisfied with $500,000 a year, and you want $2 million a year, then you will suffer as a conscious rap artist.

KRS-One

2 Year Quotes #138209
#12. I love a good 2,000 year old storytelling fresco!

Joy Baer

2 Year Quotes #186154
#13. We're in a tough situation because of teenage children, and then we have a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old, so my family and my responsibilities is sort of a juggle.

Wayne Gretzky

2 Year Quotes #192725
#14. Think of fear as a 2-year-old child who doesn't want to go grocery shopping with you. Because you must buy groceries, you'll just have to take the two year old with you. Fear is no different. In other words, acknowledge that fear exists but don't let it keep you from doing important tasks.

Jack Canfield

2 Year Quotes #204241
#15. I'm sure a bunch of 15-year-old kids would way rather I do 'Superbad 2' than 'Moneyball.' But I would love to do movies like 'Superbad' and movies like 'Moneyball.'

Jonah Hill

2 Year Quotes #207375
#16. I worked hard at my four-year M.A., but got a 2.1. That was a big disappointment, as I wanted to write about history and thought I needed a First.

Saul David

2 Year Quotes #230164
#17. Domestic discretionary spending on education and health care and the environment has been growing at 2 to 3 percent a year. He says we have to rein it in, but he ignores the spending category that is the big spike in the budget.

John Spratt

2 Year Quotes #232296
#18. Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the last twenty-five years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to 900,000 this year . . . More than 2,000 a day.

Craig Johnson

2 Year Quotes #236166
#19. Although more than 500 million maritime containers move around the world each year, accounting for 90 per cent of international trade, only 2 per cent are inspected. Strengthening customs and immigration systems is essential.

Ban Ki-moon

2 Year Quotes #255655
#20. I toured for about 2 1/2 years on twentythree and then I took about a year off. I really just spent some good quality time by myself at my house, cooking, watching movies, hanging with my friends, and family. I just really needed a chance to get away from the music for a minute and decompress.

Tristan Prettyman

2 Year Quotes #278545
#21. There are estimates that 2 to 3 percent of cancers in the U.S. each year are engendered by exposure to repetitive imaging.

Eric Topol

2 Year Quotes #282186
#22. Each year over 2,500 commercial vessels enter the Port of Hampton Roads alone, so adequate funding for port security is a significant issue for those of us who live in Richmond and Hampton Roads.

Bobby Scott

2 Year Quotes #294619
#23. When you're 12, a 12-year-old girl is so out of your league, because they have no interest in you. You're like 10 years younger. You're 2 to them.

Michael Cera

2 Year Quotes #306681
#24. Within 2 years Im predicting ... that youre going to see a suitcase nuke in this country. Youre probably going to see a release in a few years of something communicable. & I am predicting that you will see a lot of conventional bombings ... in the next year or so.

Alex Jones

2 Year Quotes #349539
#25. As a Member of Congress from one of the fastest growing States in the country, we hire close to 2,500 new teachers a year, close to 5,000 support staff and faculty.

Jon Porter

2 Year Quotes #363700
#26. Actually, Joe Biden looked pretty good. In fact, Joe's popularity has gone from 1% to 2% last week to 3% today. At this rate, he could win the nomination by the year 2032.

Jay Leno

2 Year Quotes #366898
#27. I reckon I can count on 30 more writing years, averaging a book a year (I can't keep up the 2-2.5 a year I used to do these days). And these days I've gotten round to wondering, for each new idea, "do I want to be remembered for this?" before I get to the point of spending a year on it.

Charles Stross

2 Year Quotes #385458
#28. Today I can announce a raft of reforms that we estimate could save over 2.5 million police hours every year. That's the equivalent of more than 1,200 police officer posts. These reforms are a watershed moment in policing. They show that we really mean business in busting bureaucracy.

Theresa May

2 Year Quotes #393901
#29. The next parent who Googles Is my 2-year-old gifted? should get a curt response: Your 2-year-old is a gift.

Ron Fournier

2 Year Quotes #399060
#30. by the 1790's an average American over fifteen years old drank just under six gallons of absolute alcohol each year. . . . The comparable modern average is less than 2.9 gallons per capita. We

Christopher Collier

2 Year Quotes #438324
#31. This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

Adolf Hitler

2 Year Quotes #441929
#32. The issue is: $1 trillion or $2 trillion is a lot of money. If our objective is to have stability in the Middle East, secure oil, or extend democracy, you can do a lot of democracy buying for this sum. To put it in context: The whole world spends $50 billion a year on foreign aid.

Joseph Stiglitz

2 Year Quotes #472261
#33. I'm very proud of Seungri. I worked over a year for my album, but one day YG told Seungri to make an album and he made one in just 2 weeks. Ah, maybe 3 weeks. He's a true genius. I'm jealous of his propulsion.

G-Dragon

2 Year Quotes #473314
#34. Remember, 2000 was the year of the dot-com bust. The telecom industry lost about $2 trillion in market capital at that time.

Mo Ibrahim

2 Year Quotes #528273
#35. Jane, nice to meet you! I'm Amabella's mum, and I have Jackson in Year 2. That's Amabella, by the way, not Annabella. It's French. We didn't make it up.

Liane Moriarty

2 Year Quotes #532230
#36. Over a period of 20 years, German reunification has cost 2 trillion euros, or an average of 100 billion euros a year. So, we have to ask ourselves: Aren't we willing to pay a tenth of that over several years for Europe's unity?

Peer Steinbruck

2 Year Quotes #537182
#37. Adults are interested if you don't play down to the little 2 or 3 year olds or talk down. I don't believe in talking down to children. I don't believe in talking down to any certain segment. I like to kind of just talk in a general way to the audience. Children are always reaching.

Walt Disney

2 Year Quotes #540098
#38. I live in New York and I was only there for 2 weeks all last year.

Patricia Velasquez

2 Year Quotes #563737
#39. I think that the American diet is a very large part of the reason we're spending 2.3 trillion dollar per year on health care in this country. 75% of that money goes to treat chronic diseases, preventable chronic diseases, most of those are linked to diet.

Michael Pollan

2 Year Quotes #568642
#40. My goal is to buy a company at a low multiple to normal earnings power several years out and that the company earns good returns on capital at that level of normal earnings. A holding period of more than one year also works quite well as the factors are persistent in years 2 and 3.

Joel Greenblatt

2 Year Quotes #588829
#41. I have had brown hair and bangs since I was 2. One year I dyed it blonde, which felt so weird.

Zooey Deschanel

2 Year Quotes #599025
#42. At 2 per cent growth a year, an economy doubles in size in just thirty years.

Paul Ormerod

2 Year Quotes #600102
#43. There are 100,000 actors in the Screen Actors Guild. Only 2,000 of them make more than $75,000 a year.

Steve Guttenberg

2 Year Quotes #621259
#44. Law Number XVI: In the year 2054, the entire defense budget will purchase just one aircraft. This aircraft will have to be shared by the Air Force and Navy 3-1/2 days each per week except for leap year, when it will be made available to the Marines for the extra day.

Norman Ralph Augustine

2 Year Quotes #628345
#45. Child mortality [since 2000 is] down by 2.65 million a year. That's a rate of 7,256 children's lives saved each day ... It drives me nuts that most people don't seem to know this news.

Edward De Bono

2 Year Quotes #668808
#46. Having a 2 year old is like having a blender that you don't have the top for.

Jerry Seinfeld

2 Year Quotes #669255
#47. I trained 8 hours a day 7 seven days a week and I had 2 weeks off in a year.

Julie Benz

2 Year Quotes #695732
#48. Ask me a question about paparazzi, and I get so heated. And I feel so bad for young kids of celebrities. My nieces and nephews get yelled at, and I'm like, 'You are yelling at a 2-year-old.'

Kendall Jenner

2 Year Quotes #700979
#49. I meet so many that think population growth is a major problem in regard to climate change. But the number of children born per year in the world has stopped growing since 1990. The total number of children below 15 years of age in the world are now relatively stable around 2 billion.

Hans Rosling

2 Year Quotes #718798
#50. I remember very vividly - I wrote about it in one of my books - my first IRA. I contributed $2,000 every year, and in 21 years, the funds in that IRA account grew to $260,000. Seems like sort of a miracle, but it happened.

Charles Schwab

2 Year Quotes #718925
#51. I was a 2-year-old baby on something, but it's not like I had lines. But I actually had my first lines when I was 4. And then I finished school, and I went to USC for their BFA program in acting.

Troian Bellisario

2 Year Quotes #726428
#52. Every year, humanity produces some 30,000 films, 2 million books and 100,000 albums, and 95 million people visit a museum or art gallery.

Alain De Botton

2 Year Quotes #727454
#53. AirBnB spent 5 months interviewing their first employee, before they hired someone and in their first year, they only hired 2 people.

Sam Altman

2 Year Quotes #734223
#54. Since the end of the Cold War two main nuclear powers have begun to make big reductions in their nuclear arsenals. Each of them is dismantling about 2,000 nuclear warheads a year.

Joseph Rotblat

2 Year Quotes #754825
#55. Google's colourful, playful logo is imprinted on human retinas just under six billion times each day, 2.1 trillion times a year - an opportunity for respondent conditioning enjoyed by no other company in history.

Julian Assange

2 Year Quotes #763449
#56. And Brighton have beaten Southampton 4-2 which is exactly the same result as last year when they won 3-1

Des Lynam

2 Year Quotes #775606
#57. Business 2.0 was hugely profitable last year, and will be profitable this year.

James Daly

2 Year Quotes #784375
#58. If I said I was going to make a newsletter that made $2-$3 million a year, no one would question me. If I say, 'It's a blog,' everyone questions me.

Jason Calacanis

2 Year Quotes #810657
#59. My father says that if I hit 2,500 balls each day, I'll hit 17,500 balls each week, and at the end of one year I'll have hit nearly one million balls. He believes in math. Numbers, he says, don't lie. A child who hits one million balls each year will be unbeatable.

Andre Agassi

2 Year Quotes #832582
#60. There are 2,000 young-adult novels published a year, and hardly any of them ever break out.

Catherine Hardwicke

2 Year Quotes #841366
#61. The mystery of that damn virus has been generated by the $2 billion a year they spend on it.

Kary Mullis

2 Year Quotes #862015
#62. I made a penny for each paper delivered every day, plus 2 cents for Sunday papers. I had 120 customers. For a 10-year-old kid in the 1940s, that was a lot of money.

David Boies

2 Year Quotes #866329
#63. I try and do 2,500 words a day, every day of the year.

Tom Holt

2 Year Quotes #884779
#64. I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year.

Barack Obama

2 Year Quotes #896035
#65. If you chose Option 2 [confrontation], you did well. People will be less likely to engage you in office small talk of any kind, but that's likely a benefit when you consider the fact that every ten minutes of office small talk takes one year off of your life.

Baratunde R. Thurston

2 Year Quotes #910296
#66. President Bush is now focusing on jobs. I think the one job he's focusing most on is his own. The White House is now backtracking from its prediction that 2.6 million new jobs will be created in the U.S. this year. They say they were off by roughly 2.6 million jobs.

Jay Leno

2 Year Quotes #969034
#67. Fact: The cost of crime is $3.2 trillion per year - an amount greater than the expenditures for all health care in the United States.

Kent A. Kiehl

2 Year Quotes #971051
#68. Give me 200 active 2-year-olds and I could conquer the world.

Bill Cosby

2 Year Quotes #978691
#69. There was still food rationing in England and life was difficult all through my 2 year stay in Oxford.

Sydney Brenner

2 Year Quotes #1008343
#70. I feed my kids organic food and milk, but I've also been known to buy the odd Lunchable. My kids are not allowed to watch TV during the week, but on weekends even the 2-year-old veges out to 'The Simpsons.'

Ayelet Waldman

2 Year Quotes #1012776
#71. One way or the other , the case coming before a federal judge in Miami July 2 challenging Florida's 6-year-old constitutional ban on same-sex marriages could be the next shoe to drop.

Anonymous

2 Year Quotes #1017210
#72. I spend like $2 million a year on Chinese food and pizza for ten people in the studio who don't sing or produce.

R. Kelly

2 Year Quotes #1038613
#73. Though you may have never attended a funeral, two of the world's humans die every second. Eight in the time it took you to read that sentence. Now we're at fourteen. If this is too abstract, consider this number: 2.5 million. The 2.5 million people who die in the United States every year.

Caitlin Doughty

2 Year Quotes #1064529
#74. Close to a billion people - one-eighth of the world's population - still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve.

Jonathan Sacks

2 Year Quotes #1072525
#75. I want you back here now. I want you next to me now. I cannot believe that my family, your brother, all our friends, and an entire police force can't keep tabs on one twenty-six year old graphic designer who thinks he's fuckin' Batman.
Detective Sam Kage in A Matter Of Time (vol 2 or part 4)

Mary Calmes

2 Year Quotes #1104274
#76. I'm not someone who puts their money in a fund that earns 2 to 5 percent a year. I'm a man who tries to change things, move something with my money, to create jobs and, of course, at the same time earn more money with it.

Dietmar Hopp

2 Year Quotes #1118407
#77. Revelation, which is often associated with the end of things, also speaks of new beginnings - a new name (2:17); a new Jerusalem (3:12); a new heaven and a new earth (21:1); and all things new (21:5). It reads like a description of New Year's Eve. Ring out the old; ring in the new!

William J. Petersen

2 Year Quotes #1134010
#78. When a chainsaw rips into a 2,000 year old redwood tree, it's ripping into my guts. When a bulldozer plows through the Amazon rainforest, it's ripping through my side. And when a Japanese whaling ship fires an exploding harpoon into a great whale it's my heart that's being blown to smithereens.

David Foreman

2 Year Quotes #1141881
#79. The way you get good ideas is to do two things: 1) Read two hours a day. 2) Write ten ideas a day. By the end of a year, you will have read for almost one thousand hours and written down 3,600 ideas. One of these ideas will be a home run.

James Altucher

2 Year Quotes #1143438
#80. In 'Plutarch,' her voice begins to come out; there are actual 2,000-year-old quotes from Cleopatra, and they are sly and saucy.

Stacy Schiff

2 Year Quotes #1154267
#81. We are spending millions, if not billions of dollars every year on programs to fight the childhood obesity epidemic while giving almost $2 billion of taxpayer money to the junk food and fast food industries to make the epidemic worse.

Dennis Kucinich

2 Year Quotes #1173825
#82. Depending upon the accounting, approximately 4.3 or 17.6 percent of the plastic bags produced each year are recycled. The 4.3 number is the 2010 EPA number for plastic number 2 bags. These are what you think of as the typical grocery bag.

Michael SanClements

2 Year Quotes #1178126
#83. THIS YEAR CATHOLIC CHARITIES WILL PROVIDE 2.2 MILLION FREE MEALS TO THE HUNGRY AND THE NEEDY OF CHICAGO. WE DON'T ASK THEM IF THEY ARE CATHOLIC - WE JUST ASK THEM IF THEY ARE HUNGRY. REDISCOVER CATHOLICISM.

Matthew Kelly

2 Year Quotes #1196121
#84. The Colonel explained to me that 1. this was Alaska's room, and that 2. she had a single room because the girl who was supposed to be her roommate got kicked out at the end of last year, and that 3. Alaska had cigarettes, although the Colonel neglected to ask whether 4. I smoked, which 5. I didn't.

John Green

2 Year Quotes #1207281
#85. Contaminated food is a major cause of diarrhea, substantially contributing to malnutrition and killing about 2.2 million people each year, most of them children.

Gro Harlem Brundtland

2 Year Quotes #1208733
#86. Obesity is a prison; in the US we spend more to treat type 2 diabetes each year than is spent on education.

Paul Zane Pilzer

2 Year Quotes #1214677
#87. I got a job writing for a financial technology newsletter in Manhattan. I didn't even understand what I was writing about. The newsletter had, like, 2,000 subscribers, and it was $700 a year for a subscription.

Darin Strauss

2 Year Quotes #1250511
#88. Since you (US "drug tsar" McCaffrey) control a federal budget that has just been increased from $17.8 billion last year to $19.2 billion this year, is asking people like you if we should continue with our nation's current drug policy like a person asking a barber if one needs a haircut?

James P. Gray

2 Year Quotes #1267254
#89. By the year 2040, the world's population is likely to increase by about 2 billion people, with also projected economic output will be up about 130 percent versus the year 2010.

Rex Tillerson

2 Year Quotes #1277147
#90. When I'm writing, which is 8-9 months out of the year, I'm in a concerted writing pace, where I work 5 days a week for at least a few hours a day, maybe a little bit more. But I won't work for more than 2 hours at a time. I'll work for a couple hours and take a break.

Amy Ray

2 Year Quotes #1285275
#91. Religion tries to give us maps of sexuality that are no better than a 2,000-year-old map of my hometown.

Darrel Ray

2 Year Quotes #1301582
#92. The death of a 20-year-old woman is intuitively worse than that of a 2-month-old girl, even though the baby has had less life. The 20-year-old has a much more developed personality than the infant, and has drawn upon the investment of others to begin as-yet-unfulfilled projects.

Ezekiel Emanuel

2 Year Quotes #1321336
#93. The Obama administration's attempted short-term fixes, even with unprecedented monetary easing by the Federal Reserve, produced average GDP growth of just 2.2% over the past three years, and the consensus outlook appears no better for the year ahead.

Glenn Hubbard

2 Year Quotes #1342694
#94. Almost 4.25 lakh toilets were built in 2.62 schools nationwide in one year; this gives self-confidence that we can do what we want.

Narendra Modi

2 Year Quotes #1354938
#95. During its first year of operation, Florida Virtual School had 77 students. The next year, it had 476 students; then 2,489 students the year after that.

Dan Webster

2 Year Quotes #1399959
#96. I used to have this toy, a magic slate. You wrote or drew on it and then, just by pulling up the plastic cover, everything you did disappeared and you could start new. Maybe everyone feels that on New Year's Eve: They can pull up the magic sheet and rewrite their lives.

V.C. Andrews

2 Year Quotes #1409197
#97. THE 2,000-YEAR-OLD MAN'S SECRETS OF LONGEVITY 1. Don't run for a bus - there'll always be another. 2. Never, ever touch fried food. 3. Stay out of a Ferrari or any other small Italian car. 4. Eat fruit - a nectarine - even a rotten plum is good.

Mel Brooks

2 Year Quotes #1437961
#98. Families survive the Terrible Twos because toddlers aren't strong enough to kill with their hands and aren't capable of using lethal weapons. A 2-year-old with the physical capacities of an adult would be terrifying.

Paul Bloom

2 Year Quotes #1460378
#99. A priest is sent to Alaska. A bishop goes up to visit one year later. The bishop asks, How do you like it up here? The priest says, If it wasn't for my Rosary, and 2 martinis a day, I'd be lost. Bishop, would you like a martini? Yes. Rosary, get the bishop a martini!

Henny Youngman

2 Year Quotes #1501874
#100. I feel humiliated that I live in a country that demands more already. Why do we cling to the notion that not only must we maintain the current level of consumption, but that it must continue to grow by an exponential factor of 2 to 7 percent every year?

David Suzuki

2 Year Quotes #1525098

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top