Top 100 1 That Quotes

#1. Sentences I never thought I would write. (1) That John Prescott certainly has a way with the ladies. (2) Give it to Steve McClaren, he seems like the man for the England job. (3) Peter Crouch is the man to replace Rooney.

Martin Samuel

1 That Quotes #96690
#2. I worked hard at my four-year M.A., but got a 2.1. That was a big disappointment, as I wanted to write about history and thought I needed a First.

Saul David

1 That Quotes #230164
#3. It's critical that we use a very dark brush to paint evil. When you bring the light into that darkness as characterized in John 1, that light is very vivid. When it dispels the darkness, we see the brilliance that's there.

Ted Dekker

1 That Quotes #309887
#4. Read, but not to remember everything. Read because that 1% that you remember has the potential to change your life.

C.J. Mahaney

1 That Quotes #339400
#5. Some American delusions: 1) That there is no class-consciousness in the country. 2) That American coffee is good. 3) That Americans are business-like. 4) That Americans are highly-sexed and that redheads are more highly sexed than others.

W. Somerset Maugham

1 That Quotes #343137
#6. A complete lack of personality,1 that's what they're after, that's what excites them! Anything so as not to be themselves, not to resemble themselves! For them, that's the very height of progress. I

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

1 That Quotes #371879
#7. In my ideal world there would be 99% unemployment for actors, and I would be the 1% that's employed. I hear about somebody getting a job at Starbucks and I get jealous.

Hamish Linklater

1 That Quotes #418064
#8. The popular conception of free will seems to rest on two assumptions: (1) that each of us could have behaved differently than we did in the past, and (2) that we are the conscious source of most of our thoughts and actions in the present.

Sam Harris

1 That Quotes #456752
#9. He's [Captain Cold] not the big bad, but he's certainly playing a pretty big role. Especially in the early part of the season, he's Barry's main nemesis. There is a very definitive big bad in Season 1 that will become apparent as you watch the show. How's that for saying nothing?

Andrew Kreisberg

1 That Quotes #481355
#10. There are six myths about old age: 1. That it's a disease, a disaster. 2. That we are mindless. 3. That we are sexless. 4. That we are useless. 5. That we are powerless. 6. That we are all alike.

Maggie Kuhn

1 That Quotes #604426
#11. The Ten Worst Songs to Strip To: 1. That Midnight Oil song about aborigines

Diablo Cody

1 That Quotes #607191
#12. It has been explained in chapter 1 that the laws of physics, as we know them, are statistical laws.2 They have a lot to do with the natural tendency of things to go over into disorder.

Erwin Schrodinger

1 That Quotes #720284
#13. I don't teach kids to be No. 1. Organizations and people that tell you you have to be No. 1; that's not it. You don't have to be No. 1. What I teach is to be as good as you can be. Use what you have and be as good as you can be. That's all you can do, anyway.

Jim Brown

1 That Quotes #721086
#14. I need a water/glory mix of 2:1. That'd make me piss like a champion.

Jarod Kintz

1 That Quotes #857718
#15. The average person suffers from three delusions: 1) That he is a good driver 2) That he has a good sense of humor and 3) That he is a good listener.

Steven Sample

1 That Quotes #883469
#16. There are 2 motives for reading a book; 1. That you enjoy it, 2. that can boast about it on goodreads.

Bertrand Russell

1 That Quotes #886795
#17. A few scattered accounts, collected and combined together, may lead us to two certain conclusions: 1. That all the American Indians are one kind of people; 2. That they are the same as the people in the northeast of Asia.

Ezra Stiles

1 That Quotes #983465
#18. It wasn't that the X-1 would kill you, it was the systems in the X-1 that would kill you.

Chuck Yeager

1 That Quotes #989387
#19. The problem in our society is the ego psychology and conventional wisdom about "look out for #1." That conventional wisdom thinks that "love your enemy" is to some a principle no one can ever live by.

Robert Thurman

1 That Quotes #1023669
#20. The promises of Scripture may very roughly be reduced to five heads. It is promised (1) that we shall be with Christ; (2) that we shall be like

C.S. Lewis

1 That Quotes #1029943
#21. Eloquence is an art of saying things in such a way (1) that those to whom we speak may listen to them without pain and with pleasure; (2) that they feel themselves interested, so that self-love leads them more willingly to reflection upon it.

Blaise Pascal

1 That Quotes #1263596
#22. Plurality of languages: [ ... ] It is crucial 1. that there are many languages and that they differ not only in vocabulary, but also in grammar, and so in mode of thought and 2. that all languages are learnable.

Hannah Arendt

1 That Quotes #1348120
#23. 13"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy [1] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Anonymous

1 That Quotes #1392303
#24. I make 2+2=5, and I get to keep the remaining 1 that's not really there. I truly am a Master of the Universe. I don't just do "God's work," as our CEO once put it, it's more like I've actually become a god myself.

A.D. Aliwat

1 That Quotes #1516890
#25. We want to set a tone going into our fiscal year that starts Feb. 1, that Wal-Mart Stores is going to be aggressive in taking care of customers, taking care of our associates, communications and merchandising.

Lee Scott

1 That Quotes #1540061
#26. Any time that you can give the consumer more of what they want, it's a good thing. I said from Day 1 that the unbundling of the album is a good thing.

Edgar Bronfman Jr.

1 That Quotes #1650372
#27. There are three classes into which all the women past seventy that ever I knew were to be divided: 1. That dear old soul; 2. That old woman; 3. That old witch.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

1 That Quotes #1712453
#28. 1. That he had approved himself to his own conscience, verse 12: "For our own rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward." 2.

Jonathan Edwards

1 That Quotes #1835063
#29. When there's deflation, it means that although most markets are shrinking and people have less to spend, the 1% that hold the 99% in debt are getting all the growth in wealth and income. Deflation means that income is being transferred to the 1%, that is, to the creditors and property owners.

Michael Hudson

1 That Quotes #1878838
#30. There are, then, these three means of effecting persuasion. The man who is to be in command of them must, it is clear, be able (1) to reason logically, (2) to understand human character and goodness in their various forms, and (3) to understand the emotions-that is, to name them and

Aristotle.

1 That Quotes #339
#31. A friend of mine who works for naval intelligence said an aerial satellite revealed that 1.9 million attended the event in 1995. But if they would have had a rumble at the march the newspapers would have said that 75 million Afro-Americans were there.

Dick Gregory

1 That Quotes #1532
#32. I chose to deal with the underdogs on '1 Train.' I could've got the biggest superstars in the rap game, but why do that when you can let the young boys shine?

ASAP Rocky

1 That Quotes #2773
#33. I intend to lead my party, which is the only party that has a serious policy on the No. 1 priority of the people and that is the economy.

Stephen Harper

1 That Quotes #3068
#34. What kind of judgment does one apply, then, to a work of art? I believe that there are four basic standards: (1) technical excellence, (2) validity, (3) intellectual content, the world view which comes through and (4) the integration of content and vehicle.

Francis A. Schaeffer

1 That Quotes #3711
#35. Now the tea began to do its work- as it always did- and the world that only a few minutes previously had seemed so bleak started to seem less so.

Alexander McCall Smith

1 That Quotes #6242
#36. I call you domina because that's what you are," Samuel insisted.
"It's what I was. Now I'm just Brie. What if I only called you pathfinder?

Kenya Wright

1 That Quotes #9246
#37. I crawled in a spirit-haunted place
Made wild by souls that moan and mourn;
And Death leered by with mangled face -
Ah God! I prayed, I prayed for dawn.

Arthur Newberry 1893- Choyce

1 That Quotes #10953
#38. Who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth?" (Galatians 3:1). They

Ellen G. White

1 That Quotes #12604
#39. Dive deep into the ocean, Sita, and you will find that the greatest treasures you find are the illusions you leave behind.

Christopher Pike

1 That Quotes #13988
#40. The Story Core Every compelling story has the following five elements: 1) A character 2) The character wants something 3) But something prevents him from getting what he wants easily 4) So he struggles against that force 5) And either succeeds or fails

Libbie Hawker

1 That Quotes #14641
#41. Velocity is one thing, but the thing that worries me is my ball-strike ratio is about 1-to-1.

Trevor Hoffman

1 That Quotes #14664
#42. 1 in 3 Native women will be raped in her lifetime (and that figure is certainly higher as Native women often do not report rape); 86 percent of rapes and sexual assaults upon Native women are perpetrated by non-Native men; few are prosecuted.

Louise Erdrich

1 That Quotes #14839
#43. Having read several prize-winning novels, Fancy was confident that she now knew the recipe:
1. Write a simple narrative.
2. Make a long list.
3. Scatter the contents of your list throughout your narrative.

Jaclyn Moriarty

1 That Quotes #16620
#44. The pinnacle of power in China is the nine-member Politburo Standing Committee, the tiny body that sets policy for the nation's 1.4 billion citizens.

Tom Clancy

1 That Quotes #16834
#45. It's very easy when you have someone in front of you that you can chase. You want to be No. 1 but now I feel like I have to play well because everybody looks at you as a best golfer. So that's why I put more pressure on myself.

Yani Tseng

1 That Quotes #18778
#46. I've had two unlucky injuries that are the equivalent of walking under 1,000 ladders and seeing 1,000 black cats.

Andrew Bogut

1 That Quotes #18949
#47. Tonight, I am pleased to announce that I have secured $1 million from the Convention Host Committee to fund the beautification of Boston's neighborhoods.

Thomas Menino

1 That Quotes #21712
#48. It seems that England's royal family is running out of money. They are down to just $1.6 million. Well sure, that's what happens when nobody in your family has had a job for the last thousand years.

Jay Leno

1 That Quotes #26928
#49. I have told our senior executives that I will slaughter holy cows if it benefits the company's long-term success. When we asked ourselves whether Formula 1 still matched the concept of a sustainable company, the clear answer was no.

Norbert Reithofer

1 That Quotes #28056
#50. It is easier and much more satisfying to rail against the Right than to suggest that we go back to Genesis 1 and study together. Liberals can be just as intolerant as fundamentalists, and we have arrived at a moment in human history when intolerance and hope are mutually exclusive. (p. 6)

Robin R. Meyers

1 That Quotes #28136
#51. He can heal me. I believe He will. I believe I'm going to be an old surely Baptist preacher. And even if He doesn't ... that's the thing: I've read Philippians 1. I know what Paul says. I'm here let's work, if I go home? That's better. I understand that.

Matt Chandler

1 That Quotes #30384
#52. The next minute or so was spent howling on the ceiling . Imp No.1 joined in, but he wasn't really feeling it. It shouldn't be "Who do we hate?", he thought, it really should be "whom", but this probably wasn't a good time to bring that up.

Eoin Colfer

1 That Quotes #31382
#53. She resolved every day to:
1. Do something for someone else.
2. Do something for myself
3. Do something I don't want to do that needs doing.
4. Do a physical exercise
5. Do a mental exercise
6. Do an original prayer that always includes counting my blessings

Marci Shimoff

1 That Quotes #34959
#54. If you're really concerned about deficits, you cannot take seriously a budget that would give $30 billion a year worth of tax cuts to not just the top 1 percent but the top 0.1 percent.

Barack Obama

1 That Quotes #36327
#55. For our sins, He suffered beneath the burden of that unanswered prayer."1 Here

Richard J. Foster

1 That Quotes #39305
#56. I relate more to the fact that 80-inch plasma has just started to become ubiquitous and in people's homes the fairly decent 5.1 sound system and the big screen isn't that out of reach.

Michael Mann

1 That Quotes #41117
#57. But twice-two-makes-four is for all that a most insupportable thing. Twice-two-makes-four is, in my humble opinion, nothing but a piece of impudence. Twice-two-makes-four is a farcical, dressed-up fellow who stands across your path with arms akimbo and spits at you.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

1 That Quotes #42393
#58. If you record the sound of bacon in a frying pan and play it back, it sounds like the pops and cracks on an old 33 1/3 recording. Almost exactly like that. You could substitute it for that sound.

Tom Waits

1 That Quotes #43180
#59. Dr. Peggy McIntosh from the Wellesley Centers for Women, gave a talk called "Feeling Like a Fraud."1 She explained that many people, but especially women, feel fraudulent when they are praised for their accomplishments.

Sheryl Sandberg

1 That Quotes #44297
#60. Any chance I'd get to see you in that bikini?"
Zahara punched him in the arm. "No more talk of me in anything remotely skimpy or I'm gonna drop-kick you, got it?" ~Zahara and Bryan

Annabell Cadiz

1 That Quotes #44343
#61. The fool doth think he is wise, yet it is the wise man that knows himself to be the fool As You Like It, Act 5, Scene 1

Stephen Fry

1 That Quotes #44776
#62. I love the 1,500 meters. I knew that, if I had to do it to win, I'd run under 4:05. That means I could pick up 100 points, maybe even 150 points, on anybody in the world.

Caitlyn Jenner

1 That Quotes #45465
#63. If it be love indeed, tell me how much.
There's beggary in the love that can be reckon'd.
I'll set a bourn how far to be belov'd.
Then must thou needs find out new heaven, new earth.
Antony and Cleopatra - Act 1, Scene 1

William Shakespeare

1 That Quotes #45835
#64. I think it's true that the 1 Percent or the elite are living in a world of, maybe, excessive privilege, and they don't fully realize how much pain and suffering, how much anxiety exists out there.

Nouriel Roubini

1 That Quotes #46443
#65. In their last four Blackburn have lost 3-0, 3-1, 5-3 and 3-2. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that's 12 goals conceded

Alan Brazil

1 That Quotes #46913
#66. I have this ratio that if you divide age of entrepreneur by market cap of company. For Facebook it's one. Every year of his life Zuckerberg has been making $1 billion for investors.

Yuri Milner

1 That Quotes #47652
#67. If music be the food of love, play on. 1 Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, 2 The appetite may sicken and so die. 3 That strain again! It

William Shakespeare

1 That Quotes #48344
#68. Developmental trauma occurs when "emotional pain cannot find a relational home in which it can be held."1 In retrospect, I can see that this was the case for

Mark Epstein

1 That Quotes #49945
#69. If you try to get 1% better each day at your health, at your relationships and the way you treat people, at your creativity, and at turning despair into gratitude, then that 1% compounds into an amazing person. Do that 1%. Take one action. Even if the actions is for one minute. The 1/1/1 strategy.

James Altucher

1 That Quotes #50452
#70. First there is the 10-second war: can you do something in your first moments on stage to ensure people's eager attention while you set up your talk topic? Second is the 1-minute war: can you then use that first minute to ensure that they're committed to coming on the full talk journey with you?

Chris J. Anderson

1 That Quotes #52462
#71. should only obey God when we feel like it; only that preaching Christianity primarily as a set of new behaviors will create people who act right without ever loving the right.1 This creates hypocrites, weary and resentful of God. What Is "Real" Spiritual Growth?

J.D. Greear

1 That Quotes #53393
#72. The President sends us a billion-page paper that shows how he would spend the money if he were spending the money. He doesn't have the authority to spend the money. He doesn't spend $1 of the money.

Michael Enzi

1 That Quotes #57968
#73. Regressives say small businesses would be hurt by a higher marginal tax. Don't believe this, either. Only just over 1 percent of small-business owners earn enough to be taxed at the top rate - and that's just on the portion of their incomes exceeding $379,000. The

Robert B. Reich

1 That Quotes #58458
#74. How do we turn our heart to the Lord? One way is in going to the scripture to see him. "In the volume of the book it is written of me," Jesus said. In 1 John 3:2 we find that when we see him as he is, we are going to be like him, we're going to manifest him.

Kay Fairchild And Lisa Perdue

1 That Quotes #58459
#75. The four-step strategy that the Laptop Millionaire taught me was very simple: 1. Find a niche market with a problem that needs solving, research some great solutions, and create a Word document with that information in it. This can be a simple 30-page Word document, with one really good idea in it!

Mark Anastasi

1 That Quotes #61006
#76. During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball.

Mickey Mantle

1 That Quotes #64292
#77. Away from or classed differently from a main or related body 2: a statistical observation that is markedly different in value from the others of the sample 1.

Malcolm Gladwell

1 That Quotes #65400
#78. Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign announced that it raised over $1.5 million in the 24 hours after he announced his bid. Meanwhile, a 12-year-old on Kickstarter just raised $7 million in five minutes after announcing his idea for juice box water guns.

Jimmy Fallon

1 That Quotes #71576
#79. In 'Tintin,' it's like a live-action role. You're living and breathing and making decisions for that character from page 1 to page 120, the whole emotional arc. In an animated movie, it's a committee decision. There are 50 people creating that character. You're responsible for a small part.

Andy Serkis

1 That Quotes #74089
#80. One is given strength to bear what happens to one, but not the 100 and 1 different things that might happen.

C.S. Lewis

1 That Quotes #74105
#81. I entered a poem in a poetry contest around 1987, and the poem won and I received $1,000 for it. That made me realize that maybe what I was writing was worth reading to people. After that, for some reason, I turned to novels and I've written mainly novels ever since.

Sharon Creech

1 That Quotes #74752
#82. The only Bible-honoring conclusion is, of course, that Genesis 1-11 is actual historical truth, regardless of any scientific or chronological problems thereby entailed.

Henry M. Morris

1 That Quotes #77936
#83. We only grasp the gospel when we understand, as Paul did, that we are the worst sinner we know (1 Timothy 1:15) - and that if Jesus came to die for us, there is no one that he would not die for.

Timothy Keller

1 That Quotes #78191
#84. My real pleasure is that 4 times a week 1,800 people are standing up and shouting on Broadway for an author who died hundreds of years ago.

Terry Hands

1 That Quotes #79994
#85. You mean that's your idea of desire, with all those commas?

Michael Palmer

1 That Quotes #80110
#86. The common wisdom is that only about 1 percent of a novelist's research ends up in his or her book. In my experience, it's even less - closer to a tenth of a percent.

Gayle Lynds

1 That Quotes #80240
#87. The Church is a collection of poor sinners. The Catholic Church is a collection of 1.1 billion very poor sinners. That's a lot of original sins, and it is no wonder we have trouble.

Benedict Groeschel

1 That Quotes #81832
#88. If we listen to and follow the promptings of the Spirit, they will serve as a Liahona, guiding us through the unknown, challenging valleys and mountains that are ahead (see 1 Nephi 16).

Dieter F. Uchtdorf

1 That Quotes #82932
#89. The Nobel Prize is worth $1.5 million, but that's not the issue. Do the distinguished scientists who win the Nobel Prize need the money? Probably not. The honor is more important the money, and that's the case with the prize for African leadership as well.

Mo Ibrahim

1 That Quotes #83482
#90. You have to be very careful to view yourself with a somewhat skeptical eye and to remember that you're not here taking down everything I'm saying because you think I'm such a marvelous fellow but because your editors say go get 1,200 words or whatever on Chuck Heston.

Charlton Heston

1 That Quotes #83612
#91. When I auditioned with Anthony Minghella (The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency), I loved the audition process, although I hated him for it. Because he had me audition six times for that role. Maybe three hours each. He wanted to see how quickly I could vary.

Jill Scott

1 That Quotes #83954
#92. I have plenty of investments that I wish I'd never made. But the model is to lose money on a lot of investments and then make 1,000X or 10,000X on an investment.

Sam Altman

1 That Quotes #85318
#93. Isn't it terrifying how instinctively the arm settles into the aiming of a gun? You've even put your finger on the lever marked Rock'n'roll, and that means you're 1% of the way along the road towards putting me down, shooter. The other 99% is just pulling the trigger.

Mark Crutchfield

1 That Quotes #86742
#94. A few years ago, I won a Tony for Little Me and I learned two important lessons from that experience. 1. Fair-weather friends are so much more interesting to be around and 2. It's amazing what this award fetches on E-Bay.

Martin Short

1 That Quotes #87759
#95. Even though now I'm pretty popular in my country and tennis is the No. 1 sport, and I'm very flattered that the people recognise me and come up and give me compliments, I'm more a person who likes to have privacy and peace.

Novak Djokovic

1 That Quotes #87791
#96. There's no question that homophobia is rampant among the world's 1.5 billion Muslims - but that doesn't negate the fact that there are huge groups of Muslims who have easily reconciled their faith and sexual orientation, like LGBT people in other faith communities.

Reza Aslan

1 That Quotes #88839
#97. I don't care who's No. 1 on the call sheet or how big my trailer is. I care about the work. I don't care who gets the laughs. I just care that the laugh comes.

Mark Harmon

1 That Quotes #90314
#98. I huffed my way across the room to stand before the sexy mage. "Come on, let's get this over with." Jacob snorted.
"That's what all the girls say to Louis."

Eve, Jaymin (2015-01-29). Dragon Marked: Supernatural Prison #1 (p. 346). . Kindle Edition.

Jaymin Eve

1 That Quotes #90876
#99. I bought a Yamaha-1 and I was doing 180 miles per hour home on the 405 and that's really, really crazy but I did it.

Nicolas Cage

1 That Quotes #91076
#100. I look for those moments that are 'gee whiz' moments. There's some 'gee whiz' stories in our show, and they can't be written like A-1 in the Times. They have to be written more like Page 6 in the Post.

Shepard Smith

1 That Quotes #91135

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top