Top 40 1 Sudden Quotes

#1. I have so much empathy for these young actors that are 19 and all of a sudden they're beautiful and famous and rich. I'm like, 'Oh my God, I'd be dead.'

Philip Seymour Hoffman

1 Sudden Quotes #28872
#2. I sang with my father for over 50 years, and now all of a sudden he's gone, and I just dropped out.

Mavis Staples

1 Sudden Quotes #22115
#3. You never like it to happen, for something as hopeful and sudden as a January thaw to come to an end, but end it does, and then you want to have some quilts around.

Leif Enger

1 Sudden Quotes #22198
#4. Wait a minute, guys, I have always been on your side. I have always spoken for you, always tried to put on a good face for the state of Indiana. All of a sudden, some of you people think I'm a bad guy?

John Mellencamp

1 Sudden Quotes #24607
#5. Useful undertakings which require sustained attention and vigorous precision in order to succeed often end up by being abandoned, for, in America, as elsewhere, the people move forward by sudden impulses and short-lived efforts.

Alexis De Tocqueville

1 Sudden Quotes #25676
#6. When this ultimate crisis comes... when there is no way out - that is the very moment when we explode from within and the totally other emerges: the sudden surfacing of a strength, a security of unknown origin, welling up from beyond reason, rational expectation, and hope.

Emile Durkheim

1 Sudden Quotes #26944
#7. As anger is a passing storm, so it comes not gradually and with signs, but like a sudden sweep of wind or black squall.

James Vila Blake

1 Sudden Quotes #26953
#8. Now the noisy winds are still; April's coming up the hill! All the spring is in her train, Led by shining ranks of rain; Pit, pat, patter, clatter, Sudden sun and clatter patter! ... All things ready with a will, April's coming up the hill!

Mary Mapes Dodge

1 Sudden Quotes #27580
#9. In her mind, men were no different than droughty weather or a sudden burst of rainless storm.

Robert Olmstead

1 Sudden Quotes #27601
#10. The swift wind of compromise is a lot more devastating than the sudden jolt of misfortune.

Charles R. Swindoll

1 Sudden Quotes #28826
#11. All of a sudden I had a baby, because it went really quick. It was like, 'Oh! I have a baby!' So, it's great. I'm just having a great time with my children. They're here in New York with me.

Catherine Zeta-Jones

1 Sudden Quotes #20242
#12. "You're my hero," we both say at the same time. I don't hear Kent move, but all of a sudden his voice is closer, and he's found my hands in the dark, and he's cupping them in his.

Lauren Oliver

1 Sudden Quotes #29162
#13. Sifting through these layers of belongings while Ira stood mute behind her, Maggie had a sudden view of her life as circular. It forever repeated itself, and it was entirely lacking in hope.

Anne Tyler

1 Sudden Quotes #29591
#14. The sky was of the deepest blue, with a few white, fleecy clouds drifting lazily across it, and the air was filled with the low drone of insects or with a sudden sharper note as bee or bluefly shot past with its quivering, long-drawn hum, like an insect tuning-fork.

Arthur Conan Doyle

1 Sudden Quotes #29724
#15. I celebrated success in the art world, which was quite sudden, and I suddenly had $1,000 a month, when formerly I had nothing, basically. So what we did with this money: we had a baby, we bought a car, and we celebrated by going to Rome, because it would be warmer and better looking.

Peter Saul

1 Sudden Quotes #405750
#16. I love to fish. You can go hours without anything happening, and all of a sudden a big blue marlin comes into the spread and it's cockpit chaos. My dream is to catch a grander, a 1,000 pounder.

George Strait

1 Sudden Quotes #513002
#17. If you're totally sedentary and eat 2,500 calories a day, don't instantly go to 1,200 calories and hours of aerobics - your weight loss will be sudden and violent, but also fleeting.

Martha Beck

1 Sudden Quotes #909905
#18. The sudden surge of hormones at teenage age will continue to play an important part in the life of young people

Oche Otorkpa

1 Sudden Quotes #1145962
#19. Miracles transcend the body. They are sudden shifts into invisibility, away from the bodily level. That is why they heal. T-1.I.18.

Foundation For Inner Peace

1 Sudden Quotes #1629513
#20. It can be easy and comfortable on the set and you don't go anywhere, or it can be a stress machine and all of a sudden it's a hit.

Peter Jacobson

1 Sudden Quotes #1879354
#21. You can have a role in a movie that was originally something minor in terms of screen time, and all of a sudden we see something and go, wow, that's cool.

Avi Arad

1 Sudden Quotes #8380
#22. If you are delusional, sometimes the reality catches up with your delusion, and then all of a sudden you are a genius.

Jason Calacanis

1 Sudden Quotes #4056
#23. The greatest flood has the soonest ebb; the sorest tempest the most sudden calm; the hottest love the coldest end; and from the deepest desire oftentimes ensues the deadliest hate.

Socrates

1 Sudden Quotes #4297
#24. Join not with grief, fair woman, do not so,
To make my end too sudden.

William Shakespeare

1 Sudden Quotes #4365
#25. It's a blue album, but it's not a blues album. I'm not pretending all of a sudden now I'm blues.

Neil Young

1 Sudden Quotes #4981
#26. My interest in my work dies a sudden and violent death when the work is done.

Mark Twain

1 Sudden Quotes #5455
#27. Well, I'd certainly hate to interrupt your pleasant night stroll with my sudden death."
He blinked. "There is a fine line between sarcasm and outright hostility, and you seem to have crossed it. What's up?

Cassandra Clare

1 Sudden Quotes #5875
#28. And I really wanted to see you, too," she said. "When I couldn't see you any more, I realized that. It was as clear as if the planets all of a sudden lined up in a row for me. I really need you. You're a part of me; I'm a part of you.

Haruki Murakami

1 Sudden Quotes #6231
#29. Their own souls rose and cried
Alarum when they heard the sudden wail
Of stricken freedom and along the gale
Saw her eternal banner quivering wide.

John Le Gay Brereton

1 Sudden Quotes #7412
#30. I'm the type of person who wakes up at 12 AM just to write down a sudden idea that gets in my head. I have a never ending imagination.

B.A. Gabrielle

1 Sudden Quotes #7790
#31. It now appears that the negro race is, more than any other, susceptible of rapid civilization. The emancipation is observed, in the islands, to have wrought for the negro a benefit as sudden as when a thermometer is brought out of the shade into the sun. It has given him eyes and ears.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Sudden Quotes #2884
#32. All of a sudden it became that hip hop didn't used to be about partying; hip hop used to be about putting out a message.

Boots Riley

1 Sudden Quotes #8493
#33. Sudden falls can come to societies that know too little history or that have furnished their minds with easy one-note propaganda in place of the true complexity and terrible beauty of the storied past.

Dean Koontz

1 Sudden Quotes #11164
#34. No matter how long you live, no matter how mature or philosophical you may grow to be, almost all sudden enlightenment will feel precisely this way, like a boot in the stomach, like acid on your tongue, and the sooner you accept this the better off you'll be.

Ron Currie Jr.

1 Sudden Quotes #12040
#35. When my stories were translated into other languages and received good reviews in the international press and won prizes, some Arab festivals and newspapers began to take an interest in what I had produced. This sudden Arab interest is a form of hypocrisy and nonsense.

Hassan Blasim

1 Sudden Quotes #13975
#36. Either it brings tears to their eyes, or else -"
"Or else what?" said Alice, for the Knight had made a sudden pause.
"Or else it doesn't, you know.

Lewis Carroll

1 Sudden Quotes #14113
#37. He (life) got to his feet with a sudden jerk,
collected his blanket
and then darted away in such a great haste
that till this date, I've not seen him again.

Suman Pokhrel

1 Sudden Quotes #14424
#38. A solicitor had looked up at the sky, swept blue by the wind, and had a sudden sense of religious consolation, a feeling that this life cannot possibly be all, and that it is not possible for consciousness to end with the end of life.

John Lanchester

1 Sudden Quotes #18605
#39. All right," Marcus said, like he was doing me a grave favor. "But take it slow, sister. Any sudden moves and we'll drop you like a used-up ho on the corner of Fifth and Bridger.

Vicki Pettersson

1 Sudden Quotes #18803
#40. On Internet time: sudden shifts in technologies and markets, races for market share driven

Anonymous

1 Sudden Quotes #19847

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top