Top 30 4 Word Film Quotes

#1. It starts with the writer-it's a familiar dictum, but somehow it keeps getting forgotten along the way. No film-maker, irrespective of his electronic bag of tricks, can ever afford to forget his commitment to the written word.

Steven Spielberg

4 Word Film Quotes #812157
#2. When the Second World War finished, I was 23, and already I had seen enough horror to last me a lifetime. I'd seen dreadful, dreadful things, without saying a word. So seeing horror depicted on film doesn't affect me much.

Christopher Lee

4 Word Film Quotes #1296631
#3. When I hear the word 'independent' I reach for my revolver. At this point, what the hell does that mean? The English Patient is an independent film. Hootie and the Blowfish are alternative music. I'm the Queen of Denmark. I don't know what it means anymore.

Jim Jarmusch

4 Word Film Quotes #1284542
#4. Movements, like films, depend on word of mouth.

Lee Hirsch

4 Word Film Quotes #1276388
#5. If a film or any piece of work doesn't entertain, it fails - and that is using the word entertain literally, meaning it holds you there and you become absorbed by it so that you don't walk away and get bored and so on.

Mike Leigh

4 Word Film Quotes #1255378
#6. Well cult is a word you would never say in Hollywood. In any film business, if you're trying to get your next film made, you would never say, "Oh, my last film was a cult film." I'd say, "Oh great, well I hope this one isn't!"

John Waters

4 Word Film Quotes #1188040
#7. I'm always happy when I learn more about communication in the wide free scope of that word. So next is a move, getting the film made and working on more music everyday which is equally large in my being as filmmaking.

Giuseppe Andrews

4 Word Film Quotes #1143367
#8. National film industries tend to move in cycles. In Australia right now, we're on a high, a feeling of potential, which as yet shows no sign of flagging. But the word 'industry' is misleading. A small national cinema has no industry in the Hollywood sense.

Peter Weir

4 Word Film Quotes #1134686
#9. It's a word called symbiotic, you send the messages and it comes back in return. Together, it's a wonderful thing, it's why television is so great and film can never reach.

Robert Stack

4 Word Film Quotes #1114453
#10. For me, each book is kind of like a silent film. If you were to remove the words and just look at the pictures, you should be able to tell what the story is about without having to read a word of text. That's what I think I brought from doing artwork for film to doing artwork for books.

Kadir Nelson

4 Word Film Quotes #1071503
#11. I'm hoping that word-of-mouth on the film - people seeing it and liking it - that that will drive more people to the theaters, because I haven't seen the billboards or the posters or anything.

Craig McCracken

4 Word Film Quotes #1042294
#12. As far as I'm concerned, the coolest word in film is 'cult.'

Troy Duffy

4 Word Film Quotes #924888
#13. I did not make this a long film for its own sake. I wanted to make an entertaining film and offer it out there for those who want to see it. If word of mouth suggests there is an audience out there, hopefully their cinema will show it.

Kenneth Branagh

4 Word Film Quotes #903513
#14. The artist is to be exempt from the moral laws that are binding on ordinary people. Just pronounce the magic word "Art," and everything is O.K. Rotting corpses with snails crawling over them are O.K.; kicking little girls in the head is O.K.; even a film like L'Age d'Or is O.K.

George Orwell

4 Word Film Quotes #900675
#15. Between Twitter and Facebook, early word of mouth for a film can destroy it immediately or take something you've never heard of and make it a huge hit.

Dana Brunetti

4 Word Film Quotes #885073
#16. The importance is getting to something truthful and in that moment can only be in that moment. I don't like to use the word "improvise," but it's a continual writing of the film.

Abdellatif Kechiche

4 Word Film Quotes #129255
#17. I'm allergic to the word 'important' in film and theatre. Cancer research is important.

Robert Sean Leonard

4 Word Film Quotes #808879
#18. A word on 'Kingdom of Heaven:' if you get the four-disc set, which is 3 hr. 8 min., you'll see why it's such a good movie. It was a real passion project, and it's the film I'm most proud of. I think it was treated incredibly unfairly.

Ridley Scott

4 Word Film Quotes #725550
#19. A dirty word in the film business right now is intelligence.

David Caruso

4 Word Film Quotes #684715
#20. There was one titanic guiding light on the film set, and I was in the presence of a true Mahatma, in the deepest and most profound sense of the word.

Ben Kingsley

4 Word Film Quotes #550138
#21. My mum is Brazilian and very proud. I'd love to do a Brazilian film. I've been brought up in the Brazilian culture. My mum brought me up on my own, I cook Brazilian food, I've never spoken a word of English to my mother.

Kaya Scodelario

4 Word Film Quotes #465482
#22. I know it sounds silly, but in auditions for film or TV, the words aren't as important - you need to get into the character and have the gist of the scene. But in theater, if you don't do it word for word, then you throw off your scene partner.

Morgan Saylor

4 Word Film Quotes #445167
#23. By teaching them all to read, we have left them at the mercy of the printed word. By the invention of the film and the radio, we have made certain that no aversion to reading shall secure them from the incessant battery of words, words, words.

Dorothy L. Sayers

4 Word Film Quotes #424004
#24. [About the end of the The L Word] Everything has its cycle. I think it's appropriate for us to be ending now. But the beauty of storytelling, and the beauty of film and television is that it continues on.

Jennifer Beals

4 Word Film Quotes #412014
#25. But for me, really, the written word is always stronger than film.

Terri Windling

4 Word Film Quotes #376598
#26. A film is like a battleground. It's love, hate, action, violence, death - In one word, emotions.

Samuel Fuller

4 Word Film Quotes #347781
#27. People behave differently to TV stars and film stars; it's to do with the scale of the medium. Film stars get hushed awe, TV stars get slapped on the back. Neither is good for you. Famous people don't hear the word 'no' enough.

Tom Hollander

4 Word Film Quotes #337407
#28. You know that thing where you repeat a word over and over until it just sounds like utter gibberish? That's what doing a day of press on a film is like. Ten interviews in a row, all asking pretty much the same questions until you find yourself giving pretty much the same answers.

John Niven

4 Word Film Quotes #307304
#29. With the film around for 25 years and the show being around even longer - still running and continuing to fill house all around the word - it's really an exciting and wonderful thing to be part of that.

Richard O'Brien

4 Word Film Quotes #287357
#30. I don't like to use the word 'remake', I think reinterpretation is a better word. It's just a matter of respecting the source, and then trying to make your own film, and trying not to be inhibited by being so beholden to every single thing ... We respect the source, but we make changes to it.

Spike Lee

4 Word Film Quotes #154792

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top