4 Minute Mile Famous Quotes & Sayings

List of top 39 famous quotes and sayings about 4 minute mile to read and share with friends on your Facebook, Twitter, blogs.

Top 39 4 Minute Mile Quotes

#1. I walk an 11-minute mile without huffing and puffing. - Author: Jessye Norman
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1660868
#2. Doctors and scientists said breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead - Author: Roger Bannister
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1008006
#3. The best memorizers in the world - who almost all hail from Europe - can memorize a pack of cards in less than a minute. A few have begun to approach the 30-second mark, considered the 'four-minute mile of memory.' - Author: Joshua Foer
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1030217
#4. I have a 100-mile round trip commute on some of the nations' busiest roads and enjoy every minute of it. - Author: Henrik Fisker
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1097208
#5. The Tour (de France) is essentially a math problem, a 2,000-mile race over three weeks that's sometimes won by a margin of a minute or less. How do you propel yourself through space on a bicycle, sometimes steeply uphill, at a speed sustainable for three weeks? Every second counts. - Author: Lance Armstrong
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1124159
#6. Miss Manners' meager arsenal consists only of the withering look, the insistent and repeated request, the cold voice, the report up the chain of command and the tilted nose. They generally work. - Author: Judith Martin
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1191160
#7. They won't break me because the desire for freedom, and the freedom of the Irish people, is in my heart. The day will dawn when all the people of Ireland will have the desire for freedom to show. It is then that we will see the rising of the moon. - Author: Bobby Sands
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1252954
#8. From now on I'm Switzerland ok!! - Author: Stephenie Meyer
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1389820
#9. It's not macho to read? Nonsense. Reading is a stouthearted activity, disporting courage, keenness, stick-to-itness. It is also, in my experience, one of the most thrilling and enduring delights of life, equal to a home run, a slamdunk, or breaking the four-minute mile. - Author: Irving Stone
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1534696
#10. Each time, Lippmann would talk a mile a minute, and Danny and Vinny would stare in wonder. Their meetings acquired the flavor of a postmodern literary puzzle: The story rang true even as the narrator seemed entirely unreliable. - Author: Michael Lewis
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1571816
#11. Goals determine what you are going to be - Author: Julius Erving
4 Minute Mile Quotes #961125
#12. She loved books. She loved them with her senses and her intellect. They way they looked and smelled; the way they felt in her hands; the way the pages seemed to murmur as she turned them. Everything there is in the world, she thought, is in books. - Author: Betty Smith
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1684061
#13. I find painting a much slower process than comedy, where you can go a mile a minute verbally and hope to God that some of the people out there understand you. - Author: Jonathan Winters
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1696008
#14. What did he really want, anyway? To buy new books when they came out in hardback. - Author: Rainbow Rowell
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1702242
#15. Knowing that a 6-minute mile is just as far as a 16-minute mile will allow you to move forward and gain confidence. How - Author: Sarah Richardson
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1724049
#16. Sometimes Carrot sounded like a civics essay written by a stunned choirboy. - Author: Terry Pratchett
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1772937
#17. It's just easier to talk about product attributes that you can measure with a number. Focus on price, screen size, that's easy. But there's a more difficult path, and that's to make better products, ones where maybe you can't measure their value empirically. - Author: Jonathan Ive
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1784874
#18. You have to run 75 to 100 miles a week if you expect to break the four-minute mile. - Author: Kenneth H. Cooper
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1838013
#19. To stutter through it with you or even stop stuttering and say nothing, was so lucky and soft, better talk than mile-a-minute with anyone. After a few minutes we'd stop rattling, we'd adjust, we'd settle in, and the conversation would speed into the night. - Author: Daniel Handler
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1868502
#20. Changing the plan at the last moment. "Oh, come on. The chicken can wait. Can't it? Sure it can." He was talking a mile a minute. "You can put the other thing back - Author: Donna Tartt
4 Minute Mile Quotes #1875666
#21. Of all life's pleasures, only love owes no debt to death. - Author: Anita Diamant
4 Minute Mile Quotes #596205
#22. The man whose horse trots a mile in a minute does not carry the most important messages. - Author: Henry David Thoreau
4 Minute Mile Quotes #122743
#23. Like a duck on the pond. On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute. - Author: Gene Hackman
4 Minute Mile Quotes #194499
#24. He sounded like a man with a mouthful of marbles, articulating his goatbone underjaw laboriously, the original one having been shot away. - Author: Cormac McCarthy
4 Minute Mile Quotes #300124
#25. Every 24 hours the world turns over on someone who was sitting on top of it. - Author: Sparky Anderson
4 Minute Mile Quotes #359326
#26. Sam Snead did to the tee-shot what Roger Bannister did to the four-minute mile. - Author: Byron Nelson
4 Minute Mile Quotes #389716
#27. Easy. I'll send him to you when he's old enough and have you explain. - Author: Jennifer Ashley
4 Minute Mile Quotes #397797
#28. Why don't you think of [God] as the one who is coming, who has been approaching from all eternity ... the ultimate fruit of a tree whose leaves we are. - Author: Rainer Maria Rilke
4 Minute Mile Quotes #531539
#29. I wait till the last minute to do lyrics. I seem to work best that way - bummed out and under pressure. I often don't do my homework. But I'll always walk that extra mile. - Author: Steven Tyler
4 Minute Mile Quotes #543084
#30. Helpless, I clenched my fists against my back, well aware that every mile, every minute that ticked by, took me ever farther from getting to them in time and closer to losing the red dragon forever. - Author: Julie Kagawa
4 Minute Mile Quotes #547417
#31. Whether we athletes liked it or not, the 4-minute mile had become rather like an Everest: a challenge to the human spirit, it was a barrier that seemed to defy all attempts to break it, an irksome reminder that men's striving might be in vain. - Author: Roger Bannister
4 Minute Mile Quotes #21061
#32. I ran my first sub-4-minute mile in 1977 and since then have run 136 more. Nobody has run as many sub-4s as I have, and I intend to run at least one more. - Author: Steve Scott
4 Minute Mile Quotes #610840
#33. I was not influenced by composers as much as by natural objects and physical phenomena. - Author: Edgard Varese
4 Minute Mile Quotes #687944
#34. It's amazing that more people have climbed Mount Everest than have broken the 4-minute mile. - Author: Roger Bannister
4 Minute Mile Quotes #757126
#35. I'm controlling, and I want everything orderly, and I need lists. My mind goes a mile a minute. I'm difficult on every single level. - Author: Sandra Bullock
4 Minute Mile Quotes #810885
#36. Decisions are being made a mile a minute while you're making the work, and it has to come out of experience and vision. - Author: Jules Olitski
4 Minute Mile Quotes #881553
#37. The 3-minute mile goal is to teach runners that the impossible is where goals should be set. - Author: Gerry Lindgren
4 Minute Mile Quotes #887750
#38. The writer ... an athlete required to break the four-minute mile every morning. - Author: Irving Stone
4 Minute Mile Quotes #903165
#39. I am a marathon runner. I ran the New York City marathon and almost died. I tried to run, like, a two-minute mile early on in the race. I was crazy enough to think I could win. After seven miles I thought I would die, but I slowed down my pace and kept going. - Author: Sean Combs
4 Minute Mile Quotes #923218

Famous Authors

Popular Topics