Top 35 2 States Quotes

#1. Charitable giving in the United States has remained at 2% of GDP since 1970.

Jeff Henderson

2 States Quotes #1502556
#2. Fact: The cost of crime is $3.2 trillion per year - an amount greater than the expenditures for all health care in the United States.

Kent A. Kiehl

2 States Quotes #971051
#3. Though you may have never attended a funeral, two of the world's humans die every second. Eight in the time it took you to read that sentence. Now we're at fourteen. If this is too abstract, consider this number: 2.5 million. The 2.5 million people who die in the United States every year.

Caitlin Doughty

2 States Quotes #1064529
#4. In the United States in 2009, more than 10.2 billion trips were taken on transit trains and buses. So far, the nation has not experienced a major transit attack since Sept. 11, but the March 2010 Moscow subway bombings and earlier train attacks in London and Mumbai show that we must be prepared.

John Mica

2 States Quotes #1138244
#5. You should be a person inside the world with knowledge of your terrain. And if you lock yourself into the 2,000-by-3,000-square-mile, lower-48 box of the United States, you're going to be frustrated by its limitations. You gotta think outside the box.

Chuck D

2 States Quotes #1163387
#6. In the United States, the most recent survey by the Federal Reserve, which covers the same years, indicates that the top decile own 72 percent of America's wealth, while the bottom half claim just 2 percent.

Thomas Piketty

2 States Quotes #1340525
#7. I love her and we make each other happy. But if our happiness makes so many people unhappy, is it the right thing to do?

Chetan Bhagat

2 States Quotes #1377985
#8. The 2.5 billion adults [around the world] without access to financial services are disproportionately women and young people. There are at least 44 million unbanked or underbanked people in the United States, so clearly financial inclusion is needed in all markets.

Ajaypal Singh Banga

2 States Quotes #1381758
#9. Today the United States has the highest prison population in the world, over 2.1 million people ... We lock people up at a rate that is seven to ten times that of any other democracy.

Eve Ensler

2 States Quotes #1407570
#10. As gas prices continue to drop, 28 states are now selling regular gasoline for less than $2 a gallon. It's getting cheaper to pump two gallons of gas outside the station than it is to pump two squirts of nacho cheese inside.

Jimmy Fallon

2 States Quotes #863782
#11. Fifteen states across the country have gas prices that have dipped below $2. That means it's now cheaper to buy a gallon of liquefied dinosaurs than one cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Jimmy Fallon

2 States Quotes #1572305
#12. One thing that influenced me in the States when I was doing this recording was American people feeding me things like Arnold Dreyblatt, even things I should've heard back in New Zealand like Peter Jefferies and Jono Lonie 'At Swim 2 Birds.

Roy Montgomery

2 States Quotes #1625994
#13. With only 2 percent of the world's proven reserves of oil, we in the United States can pump until we are blue in the face and it will not change the fact that we need more diverse and more secure sources of energy.

Zack Wamp

2 States Quotes #1659239
#14. Half the U.S. population owns barely 2 percent of its wealth, putting the United States near Rwanda and Uganda and below such nations as pre-Arab Spring Tunisia and Egypt when measured by degrees of income inequality.

Eric Alterman

2 States Quotes #1687726
#15. Media was a battle ground. So was the internet. People began walking openly with their weapons, whether it was a gun or a camera. Drones were always skimming overhead, filming the violence of the second civil war of the United States.

Lindsay Anderson

2 States Quotes #1713338
#16. Today, only 2 percent of the people know the name of someone serving in uniform. That means 2 percent of your listeners can actually conjure up the image of someone wearing the uniform of the military of the United States.

Oliver North

2 States Quotes #1782186
#17. Today osteoporosis affects more than 75 million people in the United States, Europe and Japan and causes more than 2.3 million fractures in the USA and Europe alone.

Gro Harlem Brundtland

2 States Quotes #1855786
#18. Women are beginning to feel that they are not fairly represented. As we say, 2% may be fine for fat in milk, but not for the United States Senate.

Dianne Feinstein

2 States Quotes #1859145
#19. Last night the United States dropped four 2,000 pound bombs on Saddam Hussein. I don't know anything about explosives, but, my God, do those things even need to explode?

David Letterman

2 States Quotes #330792
#20. It ought to be remembered by all [that] the Games more than 2,000 years ago started as a means of bringing peace between the Greek city-states. And in those days, even if a war was going on, they called off the war in order to hold the Games. I wish we were still as civilized.

Ronald Reagan

2 States Quotes #51701
#21. As much progress as we think we've made with legislation, litigation and education, anti-Semitism still continues to be the No. 2 hate crime in the United States. You can't eliminate it, but you can try to keep a lid on it.

Abraham Foxman

2 States Quotes #106987
#22. Whatever the reason for enlisting, by 1865 the Union had sworn in 2,128,948 men, approximately one-third of the military-age male population of the northern states, while the Confederacy probably enrolled a little under 1 million men, about four-fifths of its military-age male population.

Allen C. Guelzo

2 States Quotes #118555
#23. California has the highest number of illegal immigrants residing in its borders. The estimated number of illegal alien residents in California was about 2.2 million, or nearly 32 percent of the total number of illegal immigrants in the United States.

Gary Miller

2 States Quotes #124799
#24. in the Quran, chapter 2, verse 256 that states: "There is no compulsion in religion -- the right way is indeed clearly distinct from error. So whoever disbelieves in the devil and believes in God, he indeed lays hold on the firmest handle which shall never break. And God is Hearing, Knowing.

Angela Walden

2 States Quotes #137107
#25. Today in the United States, only 2 per cent of the population makes a living from agriculture, yet this 2 per cent produces enough not only to feed the entire US population, but also to export surpluses to the rest of the world.9

Yuval Noah Harari

2 States Quotes #264648
#26. The United States invests just 2.4 percent of GDP in infrastructure; whereas, Europe invests twice that amount.

Bernie Sanders

2 States Quotes #280973
#27. When preparing your return, you should be sure to avoid common mistakes. The two most common taxpayer mistakes, states the IRS booklet, are (1) "failure to include a current address," and (2) "failure to be a large industry that gives humongous contributions to key tax-law-writing congresspersons."

Dave Barry

2 States Quotes #300303
#28. The Mississippi River carries the mud of thirty states and two provinces 2,000 miles south to the delta and deposits 500 million tons of it there every year. The business of the Mississippi, which it will accomplish in time, is methodically to transport all of Illinois to the Gulf of Mexico.

Charles Kuralt

2 States Quotes #13275
#29. Even though the gospel is a set of truths to understand and believe, it cannot remain a set of beliefs if it is truly believed and understood. As Lesslie Newbigin states, "The Christian story provides us with such a set of lenses, not something for us to look at, but for us to look through."2

Timothy Keller

2 States Quotes #334180
#30. As a Member of Congress from one of the fastest growing States in the country, we hire close to 2,500 new teachers a year, close to 5,000 support staff and faculty.

Jon Porter

2 States Quotes #363700
#31. My mother and I were part of a deal in the mid-'60s between Romania and Israel. Israel bought freedom for Romanian Jews for $2,000 a head. Ceausescu made a bundle in hard currency. He also 'sold' ethnic Germans to West Germany. Instead of going to Israel, my mother and I came to the United States.

Andrei Codrescu

2 States Quotes #488101
#32. Only 2.39 percent of companies that are owned and based in the United States have more than 100 employees, and just 0.2 percent has more than 1,000 employees.

Julia Tang Peters

2 States Quotes #678910
#33. An estimated 7 million illegal immigrants were residing in the United States in January 2000. This is double the size of the illegal immigrant population in January 1990 and constitutes 2.5 percent of the total U.S. population of just over 281 million.

Gary Miller

2 States Quotes #693483
#34. To have submitted it to the legislative discretion of the States, would have been improper for the same reason; and for the additional reason that it would have rendered too dependent on the State governments that branch of the federal government which ought to be dependent on the people alone.

James Madison

2 States Quotes #766751
#35. The invasion of Iraq was not an unprecedented event; it really was the natural extension of a conflict with Iraq that began on August 2, 1990, when Iraq invaded Kuwait and occupied Kuwait, which was a major oil supplier to the United States.

Michael Klare

2 States Quotes #799597

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top