Top 100 5 S Quotes

#1. Cause I'm on set, make it work, break even on 9 to 5's. Cigarettes and lotto tickets, tryna keep that grind alive

Drake

5 S Quotes #85763
#2. I have little weird things that aren't really specific but are just kind of odd. I write my 5's backwards, and I don't know if anyone would even care, at all.

Christian Serratos

5 S Quotes #412975
#3. The whole intent of Perl 5's module system was to encourage the growth of Perl culture rather than the Perl core.

Larry Wall

5 S Quotes #619095
#4. The opening notes of a song began, some plucking of guitar strings. I knew the melody. It was Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." As pop songs went, it was pretty damn good, a bit of a favorite of mine.

Kylie Scott

5 S Quotes #1121219
#5. I am not a wishing well with legs.
(Paraphrasing Babylon 5's Londo Mollari, repeately, when asked to perform hacking functions for strangers.)

Adrian Lamo

5 S Quotes #1483914
#6. There's no way that I could do a 9 to 5 job. There's no way. I was not cut out for that. You come in and you work for three months on the one job. They say, 'Great,' you know, and you're on to the next one - and you never even got fired. It's wonderful.

Dennis Quaid

5 S Quotes #496
#7. Now I know what it's like to be a rock star. No, I didn't sleep with 5 groupies at once. But I was interviewed about 45 times in 5 days in 3 cities.

Tony Visconti

5 S Quotes #4604
#8. Samuel Eto'o is reputedly the highest-paid player in the world at £350,000 per week - that's £5,000 a day

Clive Tyldesley

5 S Quotes #8081
#9. I like to go home early, that's my thing. My idea of a pub crawl lasts from midday until 5 P.M., then I can go home, play with my kid, have tea and go to bed.

Nick Frost

5 S Quotes #8238
#10. There is no schedule in the film industry. It's not like you have a 9 to 5 job every day.

Jodelle Ferland

5 S Quotes #9827
#11. It's probably indicative that I was destined for an academic career that I'm 6-5 and I lost the slam-dunk championship to somebody 5-8. I was a lot better at math.

Peter Blair Henry

5 S Quotes #10064
#12. I'd grown up thinking that a [sanitary toilet] was my right, when in fact it's a privilege - 2.5 billion people worldwide have no adequate toilet.

Rose George

5 S Quotes #10974
#13. Jeff Sachs has the Millennium Villages. He spends $2.5 million in one village. It's an absolutely ridiculous model, because I've said that if you gave me $2.5 million, I can train 100 grandmothers, solar electrify 100 villages - 10,000 houses - and save you 100,000 litres of kerosene.

Bunker Roy

5 S Quotes #16967
#14. To me, it's not work. When I draw and I write, I find it relaxing. It's not like 9-to-5, where a man goes to a job and he isn't really interested in the job. Luckily, I get paid for doing what I'd do for nothing.

Bob Kane

5 S Quotes #28349
#15. I graduated from my Master of Fine Arts program for writing for children and young adults at Vermont College of Fine Arts. Of course, for a master's program, you have to do a ton of reading. I would get up, usually around 5:30, to do my reading; otherwise, I would fall behind.

Lisa Papademetriou

5 S Quotes #28825
#16. The mistake ... was attributed in part to the fact that employees called the 3-year note 'Losh' and the 5-year note 'Bosh'. The comic mixing of 'Loshes' and 'Boshes' sounded more like a Dr. Seuss children's book than a cutting-edge risk-management operation.

Frank Partnoy

5 S Quotes #33906
#17. It's nice to be able to support programs like 5 Hole Threads' in our communities to keep more kids involved in sports. The Life lessons that are learned from being a teammate are so valuable. All kids deserve the chance to experience that.

Dan Ellis

5 S Quotes #34343
#18. Artists have so much more control of their futures - they don't need to rely so much on major labels or big companies to help them. You have artists like Skrillex that can dominate so much that he gets 5 Grammy nominees, and he's clearly an underground artist.

Steve Aoki

5 S Quotes #35454
#19. Sweetly, albeit hoarsely and with a burr, the girl started singing something scarcely comprehensible, but, judging by the women's faces in the stalls, very seductive:
Guerlain, Chanel no 5, Mitsuko, Narcissus noir, evening dresses, cocktail dresses..

Mikhail Bulgakov

5 S Quotes #38042
#20. From: Christian Grey
Subject: My Life's Mission ...
Date: September 5, 2011 09:25
To: Anastasia Grey
Is to spoil you, Mrs. Grey.
And keep you safe because I love you.
Christian Grey
Smitten CEO, Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.

E.L. James

5 S Quotes #41069
#21. I relate more to the fact that 80-inch plasma has just started to become ubiquitous and in people's homes the fairly decent 5.1 sound system and the big screen isn't that out of reach.

Michael Mann

5 S Quotes #41117
#22. I have read all of James Patterson's Books except for the last 5.I have over 80 of his books.

Bridget Of Sweden

5 S Quotes #46057
#23. In their last four Blackburn have lost 3-0, 3-1, 5-3 and 3-2. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that's 12 goals conceded

Alan Brazil

5 S Quotes #46913
#24. I demand to break rule number #5
I demand to kiss her today. Right now, even.

A.S. King

5 S Quotes #53998
#25. It's good news that he is proposing to restore budget cuts that he made, but the reality is that he is still proposing a 4.5 percent increase in tuition that's above inflation.

James Rosapepe

5 S Quotes #54176
#26. I'm 5 feet 10 inches, and whatever my whatever my weight is, that's fine. As long as I am able to move and I feel good, it doesn't matter.

Monica Seles

5 S Quotes #57241
#27. I'm certainly really rather tall at 6 foot 3, and I've been this way since I was 14, but for years, women who are even 5 foot 10 have come up to me in the street and said, 'Oh, it's so nice to see a woman who is taller than me. I've always felt like a giant.'

Gwendoline Christie

5 S Quotes #65556
#28. In Stalin's Russia racial persecution was often disguised as class warfare. More than 1.5 million members of ethnic minorities died as a result of forced resettlement.

Niall Ferguson

5 S Quotes #70035
#29. Do birds arise from ashes?
Will 5 years bring the dawn?
Or will night neverending
Subdue the rooster's song?

Ben Winch

5 S Quotes #70273
#30. Certainly 'Survivors,' when we put that series out, the second series dipped below 5 million for one of the episodes - all of a sudden, there's no recommission, and I think that's dreadful.

Max Beesley

5 S Quotes #71002
#31. I'd like to dial it back 5% or 10% and try to have a vacation that's not just e-mail with a view.

Elon Musk

5 S Quotes #75312
#32. God's Peace (Jer. 16:5) God's peace is unmistakable. Regardless of the circumstances, there is an abiding confidence that all is well. When God chooses to remove His peace, anxiety and fear prevail and nothing can calm the spirit.

Richard Blackaby

5 S Quotes #76357
#33. But I can't overstate God's promise: "Unload all your worries onto him, since he is looking after you" (1 Pet. 5:7 JB).

Max Lucado

5 S Quotes #81737
#34. The Nobel Prize is worth $1.5 million, but that's not the issue. Do the distinguished scientists who win the Nobel Prize need the money? Probably not. The honor is more important the money, and that's the case with the prize for African leadership as well.

Mo Ibrahim

5 S Quotes #83482
#35. There's no question that homophobia is rampant among the world's 1.5 billion Muslims - but that doesn't negate the fact that there are huge groups of Muslims who have easily reconciled their faith and sexual orientation, like LGBT people in other faith communities.

Reza Aslan

5 S Quotes #88839
#36. As the parts that made the Bugatti were pulled apart and twisted, the information that was embodied in the Bugatti was largely destroyed. This is another way of saying that the $2.5 million worth of value was stored not in the car's atoms but in the way those atoms were arranged.

Cesar Hidalgo

5 S Quotes #90333
#37. Value investors look at cash flows. If a company can maintain present cash flows for 5 or 6 years, it's a good investment. Investors then just hope that those cash flows - and thus the company's value - don't decrease faster than they anticipate.

Peter Thiel

5 S Quotes #93870
#38. My usual confessional is a straight Macallan but not before 5 o'clock. Perhaps that's why I try and have my crises in the evening.

Jeanette Winterson

5 S Quotes #95086
#39. Since graduation, I have measured time in 4-by-5-inch pieces of paper, four days on the left and three on the right. Every social engagement, interview, reading, flight, doctor's appointment, birthday and dry-cleaning reminder has been handwritten between metal loops.

Sloane Crosley

5 S Quotes #97548
#40. It's not always rainbows and butterflies. It's compromise that moves us along.

Maroon 5

5 S Quotes #99467
#41. Gloria Steinem said it best: "You can't do it all. No one can have two full-time jobs, have perfect children and cook three meals and be multi-orgasmic 'til dawn ... Superwoman is the adversary of the women's movement."5

Sheryl Sandberg

5 S Quotes #100393
#42. Heroic people take risks to themselves to help others. There's nothing heroic about accepting $5 million to go out and run around chasing a ball, although you may show fortitude or those other qualities while you do it.

Gregg Easterbrook

5 S Quotes #100394
#43. America's commitment to collective defense under Article 5 of NATO is a sacred obligation in our view - a sacred obligation not just for now, but for all time.

Joe Biden

5 S Quotes #105083
#44. As I got more confident, I was able to let actors improvise, and do long takes. It's 10%, 5% you learn and experience. The rest you just have or you don't have.

Woody Allen

5 S Quotes #105108
#45. The Log in My Eye You hypocrite, first get the beam of timber out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the tiny particle out of your brother's eye. MATTHEW 7:5

Joyce Meyer

5 S Quotes #110084
#46. 5. Your kids will be so grateful if you label and organize your photos now and if you stick a note on keepsakes explaining their significance. We settle a lot of estates, and it's frustrating to the next generation when they don't understand why something was left to them.

Anonymous

5 S Quotes #111068
#47. The dirty little secret of publishing is that, all along, each book sold has had an average of 5 readers. That's an 80% "piracy" rate if you insist on looking at it in those terms.

Charles Stross

5 S Quotes #112033
#48. I never quite toed the line. I was a bit disruptive. All my early school reports from the age of 5 were 'Daniel must learn not to distract others.' And now, that's what I do for a living.

Dan Stevens

5 S Quotes #122640
#49. By 2009, [Richard] DeVos's son, Dick and daughter-in-law Betsy were major donors on the Koch lust and facing a $5.2 million civil fine of their own for violating Ohio's campaign-finance laws.

Jane Mayer

5 S Quotes #123669
#50. Women with a higher intake of berries appeared to have delayed cognitive aging by 2.5 years. So it's like your brain is 2.5 years younger if you're eating berries.

Michael Greger

5 S Quotes #128487
#51. EVER NOTICE THAT ALL ONE HOUR TV DRAMAS ARE ALL SEGMENTED INTO 5 ACTS? YES, IT'S DONE FOR COMMERCIAL BREAKS, BUT THAT MAGIC NUMBER IS NO ACCIDENT.

Film Crit Hulk!

5 S Quotes #137669
#52. It's a completely different situation right now because last year it was the time that nobody expected anything from me anything
I had nothing to lose, basically I was starting from zero. And now I'm back in Top 5. And for me it's a different stage.

Marat Safin

5 S Quotes #140076
#53. I like Kinko's, because they're open 24 hours. If it's 5 am and I decide I need two of something, I'm covered! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, and then I think, "Oh, yeah. Kinko's. No problem. That will not remain singular."

Mitch Hedberg

5 S Quotes #142230
#54. We are ambassadors for Christ; certain that God is appealing through us, we plead on Christ's behalf: "Be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

Beth Moore

5 S Quotes #148891
#55. There's 6.5 billion people curled up like fists protesting death, but every breath we take has to be given back; a nine year old boy taught me that.

Shane Koyczan

5 S Quotes #152693
#56. I'm not sure if it's cause I'm getting old, but my heels have to be 3.5 inch or less, or a chunky heel.

Solange Knowles

5 S Quotes #154630
#57. I get so frustrated when people tell me it's unrealistic to create an eight-month emergency savings fund, or have money saved for a home down payment, or pay off their $5,000 credit card balance.

Suze Orman

5 S Quotes #155489
#58. Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Melanie Dickerson

5 S Quotes #157851
#59. I hate women who complain about being fat when they're like a size 5. Anything under size 5 isn't a woman. It's a boy with breasts.

Laurell K. Hamilton

5 S Quotes #162100
#60. It was total naivety that got me to Hollywood. I thought it was going to happen straight away. I told myself 'give it 5 years, there's no way I'll be here after that if it doesn't happen'. Cut to ten years later!

Naomi Watts

5 S Quotes #166866
#61. I think that among my friends I'm known as being a hard worker; I think if you want to be an actor, there can't be any compromise. You have to work all day, every day. It's not a 9-5 job. There's always something to learn.

Jeremy Irvine

5 S Quotes #167630
#62. People who tend to invest are either going to invest in something where you're raising $5 million or they're going to invest in something where you're raising $1 million, but if you're trying to raise $2.5 million it's kind of a weird amount.

David Plotz

5 S Quotes #167934
#63. Inside yourself you're strong. That's the place where strength counts. Strength shows not only in how fast you can chop down trees.' -p. 5

Irving Stone

5 S Quotes #170895
#64. Although yoga is commonly portrayed as a popular fitness trend, it's actually the core of the Vedic science that developed in the Indus Valley more than 5,000 years ago.

Deepak Chopra

5 S Quotes #172415
#65. I'm carrying an iPhone 5. I like this device. It's been impressive. I have a Windows and an Android device ... I carry an iPad. I carry a Kindle ... Yeah, I have a lot of devices.

Randall L. Stephenson

5 S Quotes #173563
#66. Many follow a rule of thumb - no more than 5% in one stock. But that's not the entrepreneurial road to riches.

Kenneth Fisher

5 S Quotes #179390
#67. I won't lie - I picked up the occasional gossip magazine in the past because I thought that maybe 5 to 10 percent of it was true. Now I think it's zero percent.

Lindsey Vonn

5 S Quotes #180123
#68. I want my teammates to understand that when No. 5 says something to you, that means it's very important because he doesn't talk a lot. If I'm saying something to you, it's going to help you.

Manti Te'o

5 S Quotes #183904
#69. A very good senior programmer (who might get paid $200,000) gets paid about the same as a great programmer, who delivers $5 million worth of value for the same price. That's enough of a difference to build an entire company's profit around. Do it with ten programmers and you're rich.

Seth Godin

5 S Quotes #187690
#70. You have to realize that most of these guys get in there and fight on heart. I fight with smarts. There is no fighter that is smarter than me. Most of these fighters are ABC, 1-2-3. I am like 4-5-6 levels above them; that's why I'm able to beat them.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

5 S Quotes #189305
#71. I doubt if 5% of professing Christians in America are born again-and that's true of England!

Leonard Ravenhill

5 S Quotes #189716
#72. God's given me so much talent, and my height doesn't define my skill set. I believe that God has given me a right arm, and for some reason, even though I'm 5'11, to be able to make the throws and make great decisions on the field and all that.

Russell Wilson

5 S Quotes #190838
#73. I work 90 hours a week. I work 5 to 9, it's not 9 to 5.

Angie Harmon

5 S Quotes #194482
#74. Justification is not the forgiveness of a man without righteousness, but a declaration that he possesses a righteousness which perfectly and for ever satisfies the law, namely, Christ's righteousness (2 Cor. 5:21; Rom. 4:6-8).

Easton's

5 S Quotes #195658
#75. I think he is marvellous. I think he will fit in whatever category of Cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that's going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he's 99.5% perfect.

Viv Richards

5 S Quotes #197950
#76. I've been trying to get Mr. Finchem to lengthen 5 and 7 and 14 and 18 - and he's being a mule,

Pete Dye

5 S Quotes #198210
#77. Inner joy and peace are from the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22). If I'm disappointed in my human husband, it is because I have dis - as in wrongly - appointed him to God's position in my mind. That's just all kinds of wrong.

Megan Tippy-Clansen

5 S Quotes #204735
#78. I am one of the great wasters of time. I have made it an art form. I can get up at 8 o'clock in the morning, be out of the house by 8:30 and back by 5 P.M., and I'll be going all day long and accomplish absolutely nothing. It's an amazing talent.

Bob Newhart

5 S Quotes #217996
#79. We've accounted for 95 percent of all the stars in the Milky Way. The other 5 percent are big, bright stars - the kind that dominate the night sky, but are lamentably both rare and short-lived. If biology's your thing, you can forget those guys.

Seth Shostak

5 S Quotes #223129
#80. Every time I get photographed, it's the legs. So I've insured them for a lot, for £5 million each. Is that enough?

Eliza Doolittle

5 S Quotes #223826
#81. You know, if you love something, you should love it regardless of whether it costs five dollars or 500 or 5,000 dollars. Unfortunately, that's not the way our culture works, and we do collectively buy into this idea that things that are more expensive probably have more value.

Moby

5 S Quotes #225935
#82. You see him coming in with an 0-2 record and a 5 ERA and you wonder, 'How? How's that possible?

Mark Buehrle

5 S Quotes #231987
#83. You should be more careful," said Josh with a crooked grin, the barrel of his gun still smoking. "It's dangerous around here. You could get hurt."
Sam grinned back savagely. "I'll try to remember.

Phillip W. Simpson

5 S Quotes #234652
#84. Let's pass a bill to cover the moon with yogurt that will cost $5 trillion today. And then let's pass a bill the next day to cancel that bill. We could save $5 trillion.

Paul Ryan

5 S Quotes #234748
#85. The newest animal Route 5 had used up, it seemed, was my daughter's beloved pet. We buried Smucky in the pet sematary. My daughter made the grave marker, which read Smucky: He was obediant. (Smucky wasn't in the least obedient, of course; he was a cat, for heaven's sake.)

Stephen King

5 S Quotes #235830
#86. Pride should be reserved for something you achieve or obtain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill ... it's a fucking genetic accident. You wouldn't say I'm proud to be 5'11; I'm proud to have a pre-disposition for colon cancer.

George Carlin

5 S Quotes #241202
#87. I'm going to tell you the story about the geese which fly 5,000 miles from Canada to France. They fly in V-formation but the second ones don't fly. They're the subs for the first ones. And then the second ones take over - so it's teamwork.

Alex Ferguson

5 S Quotes #241347
#88. It's just different discipline, just doing the voice over. I guess I've done about 5 or 6 audio books in the past and I do the animated voice for a show called Fatherhood on Nickelodeon.

Blair Underwood

5 S Quotes #243083
#89. Here's exclusive Channel 5 video of a local man having his brain eaten by a winged gremlin. Local gremlin experts warn that -

David Wong

5 S Quotes #244969
#90. I think there's only one sensible place for a person to be at 5:30 in the morning. That's in bed. And what am I doing? I'm out running. And I completely hate this.

Derek Clayton

5 S Quotes #247430
#91. Chanel No. 5 is my perfume when I'm feeling like a lady. It's old-school and warm - and it reminds me of my mom.

Phoebe Tonkin

5 S Quotes #247485
#92. There are now over 5,000 medical physicists in the U.S more than 50 times the number in 1958.

John Cameron

5 S Quotes #248593
#93. Western Australia is covered by granite, the largest single piece of Achaean rock that still lies on the surface of the, of, of the Earth, that's 2.5 to 2.9 billion years old. It's one of the most ancient and intact bits of the Earth's crust.

Antony Gormley

5 S Quotes #249703
#94. Because I'm seen on 'Oz', a lot of the urban cats in the city are like, 'Yo, I thought you'd be rolling in a Mercedes?' And I'm just like, 'Not at all!' This is cable money. There is a big difference between that and a network. But still I can't complain. It's better than doing a 9 to 5 any day.

Kirk Acevedo

5 S Quotes #250471
#95. There is nobody as brave as a baby taking his/her first non-stop 5 steps alone from Mummy's hand to daddy's hand ... trust me on that

Sameh Elsayed

5 S Quotes #254671
#96. You never know why or when the next job is coming. I actually like that. It's kind of exciting. I don't punch in. I don't have a 9 to 5 job. When you do work you're lucky enough to go to interesting places and meet mostly interesting and talented people, so it's really a great job if you can work.

Michael Vartan

5 S Quotes #258797
#97. If female were working in the same proportion as men do, the level of GDP would be up 27 percent in a country like India, but also up 9 percent in Japan and up 5 percent in the United States of America. It's not just a moral issue, not just a philosophical issue. It just makes economic sense.

Christine Lagarde

5 S Quotes #260168
#98. May he grant you your heart's desire, and fulfill all your plans. 5 May we shout for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God set up our banners. May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.

Anonymous

5 S Quotes #262003
#99. It's being reported that Google spent over $5 million on lobbying just during the first quarter of this year. You'd think Google wouldn't really need to lobby politicians. All they have to say is, 'We have your search history. Do what we tell you.'

Jimmy Fallon

5 S Quotes #270682
#100. 1. I'm brilliant
2. I'm charming
3. I'm hung like a thoroughbred
4. I've stopped all philandering
5. I'm highly skilled, as you've learned the other night.
P.S. Stop staring at my hands. I know what you want me to with them.

K.A. Tucker

5 S Quotes #271799

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top