Top 32 5 Rings Book Quotes

#1. Sad to say, multi-tasking is beyond me. I read one book at a time all the way through. If I'm reviewing the book, I have to write the review before I start reading any other book. I especially hate it when the phone rings and interrupts my train of thought.

Michael Dirda

5 Rings Book Quotes #22065
#2. Motherfuckers will read a book that's one third Elvish, but put two sentences in Spanish and they [white people] think we're taking over.

Junot Diaz

5 Rings Book Quotes #115677
#3. As far as I was concerned, the best thing one could do for the poor was to not add one's self to their number.

Ken MacLeod

5 Rings Book Quotes #186928
#4. Here are beauties which pierce like swords or burn like cold iron. Here is a book which will break your heart. [on Lord of the Rings]

C.S. Lewis

5 Rings Book Quotes #224529
#5. Nobody believes me when I say that my long book is an attempt to create a world in which a form of language agreeable to my personal aesthetic might seem real. But it is true.

J.R.R. Tolkien

5 Rings Book Quotes #279123
#6. It is mine, I tell you. My own. My precious. Yes, my precious.

J.R.R. Tolkien

5 Rings Book Quotes #309314
#7. He presses against me and gently whispers in my ear, "Can't you see I'm crazy about you?"
I whip around, "You're crazy about a lot of girls." I say letting the pain cut through my voice.
Ben flinches from my words, "No Megan, just you.

Amanda Cowen

5 Rings Book Quotes #426424
#8. I'm reminded of a book my father used to read me," she said. "A bunch of elves and things get into a huge war over a piece of jewelry that everybody wants but nobody can wear.

Lemony Snicket

5 Rings Book Quotes #430863
#9. If you take 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings' as books, one is written for children, and one is an adult's book.

Peter Jackson

5 Rings Book Quotes #439372
#10. My favourite all-time work of fiction: Lord of the Rings. My favourite all-time nonfiction book: Guns, Germs, and Steel. Ask me again next week, you'll get a different answer.

Orson Scott Card

5 Rings Book Quotes #467726
#11. Dune is the bestselling science fiction book of all time. It's something you really need to read in your lifetime. If you're going to read The Lord of the Rings, which everyone should, then you have to read Dune, too.

Kevin J. Anderson

5 Rings Book Quotes #469037
#12. 4 years earlier "This is truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn." Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings.

Phillip W. Simpson

5 Rings Book Quotes #530711
#13. Lord of the Rings was something I always wanted to do. I read the book when I was about 25, and I was always hoping if it was ever made into a feature film that I would be involved in some way. And then I finally got it, and I was over the moon. It was fantastic news.

Sean Bean

5 Rings Book Quotes #602841
#14. Man must not rely on pure reason; he must mix faith with it.

Nachman Of Breslov

5 Rings Book Quotes #611284
#15. I am reading The Lord of the Rings. I suddenly wanted to. I almost know it by heart, but I can still sink right into it. I know no other book that is so much like going on a journey. When I put it down to this, I feel as if I am also waiting with Pippin for the echoes of that stone down the well.

Jo Walton

5 Rings Book Quotes #876908
#16. Did you know, ji,' Zulu offered, 'that the map of Tolkien's Middle earth fits quite well over central England and Wales? Maybe all fairylands are right here, in our midst.

Salman Rushdie

5 Rings Book Quotes #920949
#17. I first read 'The Lord of the Rings' as an adolescent. It's a dense novel, a sprawling, complex monster of a book populated with a prolific number of characters caught up in a narrative structure that, frankly, does not lend itself to conventional storytelling.

Peter Jackson

5 Rings Book Quotes #952441
#18. In the same way 'Lord of the Rings' was an interpretation of the book, 'The Hobbit' is being treated the same way. It will be faithfully represented with a fresh interpretation.

Andy Serkis

5 Rings Book Quotes #993427
#19. Rings try to find their way back to their owner. Someone ought to write a book about it.

Terry Pratchett

5 Rings Book Quotes #1080169
#20. There's Beatles books and T-shirts and rings, and one thing and another. To buy my daughter all these things, I had to sell her brother.

Allan Sherman

5 Rings Book Quotes #1117918
#21. His lap looked like it was already occupied
by a giant boner. It pressed against his pants like a circus tent pole. Elephants could fit under there. A lion tamer and some flying trapeze artists. A dancing bear, or five.

Juniper Bell

5 Rings Book Quotes #1338857
#22. Would you rather see a super soldier battling Nazis or something more serious? Or lesbians down a coal mine? Generally, the films are engaging in the same way as the comics are. It's no coincidence that the biggest movies are genre-related, whether it's Lord of the Rings or comic books.

Mark Millar

5 Rings Book Quotes #1393610
#23. truth and falsehood mingle in life - and to what God builds, man adds his own decoration.

Rabindranath Tagore

5 Rings Book Quotes #1398847
#24. My books are likely to contain food stains and rings from my tea cups. A book is to be lived with and used.

Kristin Cashore

5 Rings Book Quotes #1406834
#25. Sometimes this book stays in the present, other times I try to cut myself in half and count the rings. Occasionally I think about the future, but I try to do that sparingly because it usually makes me anxious.

Amy Poehler

5 Rings Book Quotes #1406954
#26. Tolkien fans reacted so strongly to 'Lord Of The Rings' as a franchise because it stayed true; the heart of it was true to the book.

William Kircher

5 Rings Book Quotes #1550955
#27. We [humans] are the only creatures who are in-between. We're of the earth, but don't belong to it, because we strain after the heavens; and yet the heavens aren't full in us. So this wonderful, restless, eternal longing in us has us always on a quest.

John O'Donohue

5 Rings Book Quotes #1691817
#28. I still think 'The Lord of the Rings' is the greatest literary achievement in my lifetime. Like so many other people, I couldn't wait for the second and then the third book. Nothing like it had ever been written.

Christopher Lee

5 Rings Book Quotes #1712375
#29. You shouldn't think of these movies as being 'The Lord of the Rings.' The Lord of the Rings is, and always will be, a wonderful book - one of the greatest ever written. Any films will only ever be an INTERPRETATION of the book. In this case my interpretation.

Peter Jackson

5 Rings Book Quotes #1792781
#30. It is impossible to read in America, except on a train, because of the telephone. Everyone has a telephone, and it rings all day and most of the night.

Bertrand Russell

5 Rings Book Quotes #1816621
#31. I'd never read 'Lord of the Rings' until I was asked to play Gandalf, so I didn't really know it was a frightfully famous book.

Ian McKellen

5 Rings Book Quotes #1866855
#32. A book collection is a cross between a Rorschach test and This Is Y our Life. It marks your life clearly like rings on a tree.

Margo Kaufman

5 Rings Book Quotes #1873094

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top