Top 32 5 Confucius Sayings

#1. Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #551
#2. What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #598
#3. The superior person is in harmony, but does not follow the crowd. The lesser person follows the crowd, but is not in harmony.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #877
#4. A superior man may be made to go to the well, but he cannot be made to go down into it. He may be imposed upon, but he cannot be fooled.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #1314
#5. Is it not indeed a pleasure to acquire knowledge and constantly to exercise oneself therein?

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #8537
#6. Remember even when alone, that the divine is everywhere.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #12270
#7. I used to take on trust a man's deeds after having listened to his words. Now having listened to a man's words I go on to observe his deeds.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #13330
#8. Justice is like the north star, which is fixed, and all the rest revolve about it.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #13700
#9. As Confucius said many years ago:

Robin S. Sharma

5 Confucius Sayings #13753
#10. I do not suspect that Jefferson or Madison ever envisioned Congress honoring the 2,560th anniversary of the birth of Confucius or supporting the designation of National Pi Day.

Eric Cantor

5 Confucius Sayings #14258
#11. Without knowing the force of words, it is impossible to know more.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #14454
#12. Adept Lu spent a night at Stone Date, and the gatekeeper asked: Where are you from? From the House of Confucius, replied Lu. Isn't he the one who knows it's hopeless, but keeps trying anyway?

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #20452
#13. The love to Wisdom is getting closer to the own bright path.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #22821
#14. Confucius taught this when he said, "The superior man seeks what is right; the inferior man, what is profitable.

Bohdi Sanders

5 Confucius Sayings #23777
#15. Learning, undigested by thought, is labor lost.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #24279
#16. Among his own country folk Confucius wore a homely look, like one that has no word to say.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #25381
#17. Exemplary people concern themselves with virtue,
small people concern themselves with territory. The ruling class
thinks of punishment, the lower classes hope for benevolence.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #31986
#18. A man who reviews the old so as to find out the new is qualified to teach others.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #35670
#19. Does Heaven ever speak? The four seasons come and go, and all creatures thrive and grow. Does Heaven ever speak!

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #37311
#20. When a man feels the difficulty of doing, can he be other than cautious and slow in speaking?

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #39199
#21. Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #41259
#22. If the search for riches were sure to be successful, though I should become a groom with a whip in my hand to get them, I will do so. As the search may not be successful, I will follow after that which I love.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #44584
#23. He who searches for evil, must first look at his own reflection.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #45055
#24. They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it, and they who love it are not equal to those who delight in it.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #52792
#25. The virtuous will be sure to speak uprightly; but those whose speech is upright may not be virtuous.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #53864
#26. Don't look for a black cat in a dark room, especially if it is not there ...

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #54107
#27. Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #55501
#28. When three persons work together, each can be the teacher in some aspects

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #57431
#29. If you reflect within yourself and find nothing to be ashamed of, how could you have anxiety or fear.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #58185
#30. We should worship as though the deity were present.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #59027
#31. It was by music that the ancient kings gave elegant expression to their joy. By their armies and axes they gave the same to their anger.

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #61698
#32. The Master said of Gong Yechang, "He is marriageable. Although he was once imprisoned and branded as a criminal, he was in fact innocent of any crime." The Master gave him his daughter in marriage.
(Analects 5.1)

Confucius

5 Confucius Sayings #1013854

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top