Top 54 4 Of July Quotes

#1. Of course she teased the girls, but it was not the same as having a grown man to work on - she had often felt like pinching Bob for being so stolid. July was no better - in fact, he and Bob were cut from the same mold, a strong but unimaginative mold.

Larry McMurtry

4 Of July Quotes #776
#2. He was struck by the details of the moment. This was something he needed to remember, when he dreamt. This feeling right here: heart thudding, pollen sticky on his fingertips, July pricking sweat at his breastbone, the smell of gasoline and someone else's charcoal grill.

Maggie Stiefvater

4 Of July Quotes #1072
#3. I am purely evil;
Hear the thrum
of my evil engine;
Evilly I come.
The stars are thick as flowers
In the meadows of July;
A fine night for murder
Winging through the sky.

Ethel Mannin

4 Of July Quotes #1223
#4. Then I realized that we all think we might be terrible people. But we only reveal this before we ask someone to love us. It is a kind of undressing.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #2577
#5. There are lots of emotions that go with the Fourth of July.

Dan Harmon

4 Of July Quotes #9317
#6. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberty.

George Washington

4 Of July Quotes #9580
#7. This record was supposed to come out in July already, but it just got delayed and delayed, so, well, I guess it was just coincidence.

Kerry King

4 Of July Quotes #13152
#8. Well,I have a theory that men don't actually cry less than women,they just do it differently. Since we never saw our fathers cry,we are forced to invent our own unique method.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #13210
#9. The mission statement was ordered, and it sent the 800th MP Brigade, effective the first of July, up to Baghdad. I joined my brigade to take command at the end of June.

Janis Karpinski

4 Of July Quotes #15916
#10. That is my problem with life, I rush through it, like I'm being chased. Even things whose whole point is slowness, like drinking relaxing tea. When I drink relaxing tea I suck it down as if I'm in a contest for who can drink relaxing tea the quickest.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #17764
#11. you like to have some cup of tea?-July bent at the doorway and began that day for them as his kind has always done for their kind.

Nadine Gordimer

4 Of July Quotes #25395
#12. What could be more exciting than an October day? It's your birthday, Fourth of July and Christmas all rolled into one.

Peggy Toney Horton

4 Of July Quotes #28970
#13. Tonight was 25 July. Seven more days until 1 August.

Rick Riordan

4 Of July Quotes #29558
#14. Putin signed legislation that has been floating around the Duma for years: as of July 1st, there will be no swearing in movies and theatrical productions or from the concert stage.

Anonymous

4 Of July Quotes #29708
#15. A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms.

Richard Henry Lee

4 Of July Quotes #30933
#16. June, July, all through the warm months she hibernated like a winter animal who did not know spring had come and gone.

Truman Capote

4 Of July Quotes #32405
#17. After I saw Kiss on stage, I wanted my show to look like the fourth of July. The persona of Rick James was wild and crazy, sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Rick James

4 Of July Quotes #34009
#18. I smiled into the air the way I smiled when customers unbuckled their belts, and I made my eyes laugh as if everything were some version of a good time.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #37984
#19. I propose going up the Delaware, In order to be nearer this place than I should be by taking The course of the Chesapeake which I once intended."1 - William Howe, July 16, 1777

Michael Harris

4 Of July Quotes #40545
#20. He called the feeling between us "weird," and I had nothing to add. I kissed the backs of his legs and they sang. He reached around and pulled me down onto his back and I lay there, like on the warm sand of a beach. Just that. That is all there is. That is the whole point of everything.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #49490
#21. Since Deacon Hollingshead's arrival in town last July the Dominion had been hard at work, cleansing New York City of moral corruption. "Corruption" is a popular word with the enthusiasts of the Dominion, usually uttered as a prelude to the knife, the docket, or the noose.

Robert Charles Wilson

4 Of July Quotes #53512
#22. Oh, the future. I see." A shadow fell over the doctor's face. "You're wondering if your son will get cancer? Or be hit by a car? Or be bipolar? Or have autism? Or drug problems? I don't know, I'm not a psychic. Welcome to parenthood.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #54135
#23. If there were a map of the solar system, but instead of stars it showed people and their degrees of separation, my star would be the one you had to travel the most light-years from to get to his. You would die getting to him.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #55403
#24. Let us march immediately, and never lay down our arms until we obtain our independence.

Nathan Hale

4 Of July Quotes #57200
#25. The sunlight that has brought life and healing to you has brought stripes and death to me. This Fourth of July is yours, not mine.

Frederick Douglass

4 Of July Quotes #60725
#26. It didn't get much more patriotic than sex in a Chevy on the Fourth of July. God bless America.

Kate Meader

4 Of July Quotes #61321
#27. Eating cherries on a hot July afternoon in Michigan is one of the greatest things that can happen to anybody, and here it is right now - three minutes after three - happening to ME, and to you.

William, Saroyan

4 Of July Quotes #63010
#28. We humans are here because nothing can be perfect. There always have to be some living things that are unsatisfied, itchy, trying too hard. If it was all just animals and rocks and lettuce, the gods wouldn't feel like they had enough to do.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #63784
#29. I could not make a move without making love.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #65662
#30. We held each other's hands and laughed with feigned embarrassment that gradually took hold and became real.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #73793
#31. U-boat commanders called this their 'Happy Time'. Between January and July 1942 they sank 495 merchant
ships and 142 tankers, a total of 2,500,000 tons. Why did it take America so long to respond to such an obvious threat?

Derek Robinson

4 Of July Quotes #78036
#32. Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

Ronald Reagan

4 Of July Quotes #78103
#33. I always had to resist the urge to go to him like a wife, as if we'd already been a couple for a hundred thousand lifetimes.

Miranda July

4 Of July Quotes #81901
#34. Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons. Malala Yousafzai, the schoolgirl who was shot in the head by the Taliban for wanting an education and survived, in her keynote speech to the United Nations, 12th July 2013.

Malala Yousafzai

4 Of July Quotes #83578
#35. While we tediously check our weaponry before entering into battle, do we check our hearts? For without exception, that is the greatest weapon of all.

Craig D. Lounsbrough

4 Of July Quotes #90258
#36. If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time.

Dizzy Dean

4 Of July Quotes #91839
#37. When summer opens, I see how fast it matures, and fear it will be short; but after the heats of July and August, I am reconciled, like one who has had his swing, to the cool of autumn.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 Of July Quotes #93083
#38. Even when a pilot goes, you shoot it in March or April, and then you have to rush it through post-production by May. If they greenlight it, then you go and there's no time to think about it. And then, you've gotta start shooting in July, so you're off to the races.

Tony Goldwyn

4 Of July Quotes #98591
#39. Now, 75 years [after To Kill a Mockingbird], in an abundant society where people have laptops, cell phones, iPods, and minds like empty rooms, I still plod along with books.
[Open Letter, O Magazine, July 2006]

Harper Lee

4 Of July Quotes #100132
#40. But stop thinking what you think I'm thinking because you're wrong. Pike's just pissed I won't go play in his sandbox. Well, my sandbox is full. No room for more than one and he's already here. -Grace from Tainted (Fey Court Trilogy) Book 2 Release July 2012

Cyndi Goodgame

4 Of July Quotes #103219
#41. On July 2nd, 1776, after the failure of all attempts to reconcile with England, the Continental Congress passed the resolution proposed by Richard Henry Lee for independence.

Darwyn Hassert

4 Of July Quotes #107215
#42. Now I wish she'd never broken any of her rules. I understood why she held to them so hard. Once you broke the first one, they all broke, one by one, like firecrackers exploding in your face in a parking lot on the Fourth of July.

Janet Fitch

4 Of July Quotes #108648
#43. He knew that his day was coming to an end. On July 4, 1909, as he stood with friends on the roof of the Reliance Building, looking out over the city he adored, he said, You'll see it lovely. I never will. But it WILL be lovely.

Erik Larson

4 Of July Quotes #136207
#44. July 4. Statistics show that we lose more fools on this day than in all the other days of the year put together. This proves, by the number left in stock, that one fourth of July per year is now inadequate, the country has grown so

Mark Twain

4 Of July Quotes #253483
#45. July 4 is the perfect day to relax. It also provides a very good chance to spend quality time with friends and family since everyone is able to get away from the hassles of every day life, such as work.

Colin Chapman

4 Of July Quotes #591742
#46. Between July 1942 and June 1943, only 4,705 Jews were admitted to the United States - fewer than the number of Warsaw Jews who were killed on a given day at Treblinka in summer 1942.

Timothy Snyder

4 Of July Quotes #674288
#47. What Are the Odds? Here's an astonishing fact: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, who were the only signers of the Declaration of Independence to become president, both died on July 4, 1826.

Kendra Hazlett Armstrong

4 Of July Quotes #718698
#48. It was an epochal moment for western migration, and few Americans who read about the women summiting South Pass failed to grasp the symbolism of their timing. It was July 4, 1836. The first white women had crossed the Rockies on Independence Day.

Rinker Buck

4 Of July Quotes #739428
#49. That which distinguishes this day from all others is that then both orators and artillerymen shoot blank cartridges.

John Burroughs

4 Of July Quotes #806873
#50. Neil's voice was calm, confident, most of all clear. "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." It was 4:17:42 P.M. EDT, Sunday, July 20, 1969.

Alan Shepard

4 Of July Quotes #1106964
#51. On July 4 we celebrate government of the people, by the people, and for the people, or as they are now called, corporations.

Andy Borowitz

4 Of July Quotes #1176871
#52. Cape Cod baseball dates back to the time of the Civil War. A poster at the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown touts a round-trip train ride from Hyannis to Sandwich on July 4, 1885 - the occasion of the 14th annual baseball game between Sandwich and Barnstable.

Jane Leavy

4 Of July Quotes #1181178
#53. My countrymen, we hold a rich deposit in trust for ourselves and for all our brethren of mankind. It is the fire of liberty. If it becomes extinguished, our darkened land will cast a mournful shadow over the nations. If it lives, its blaze will enlighten and gladden the whole earth.

Francis Scott Key

4 Of July Quotes #1394447
#54. There was something melancholic about that symbol of their nation's promise of freedom, a bell with a chipped mouth and cleft body.

E.A. Bucchianeri

4 Of July Quotes #1630883

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top