Top 42 4 Generation Sayings

#1. What have future generations ever done for us?

Groucho Marx

4 Generation Sayings #1029
#2. In my view, the greatest threat to America's future isn't hiding in a cave in Pakistan or Afghanistan; it's right here at home. Baby boomers like myself are on course to become the first generation of Americans who leave things in worse shape than they found them.

David Walker

4 Generation Sayings #1157
#3. Through lack of education, we're not teaching kids to read and write. So there is the danger that you raise up a generation of morons.

Ray Bradbury

4 Generation Sayings #1730
#4. The problem with this generation is they are so quick to define who they are in the process of searching. It is their need for immediate acceptance that keeps them from exploring further.

Shannon L. Alder

4 Generation Sayings #1758
#5. What motivates me is the desire to bring up a whole new generation of active citizens who believe in peace and social justice and will work for it.

Howard Zinn

4 Generation Sayings #2017
#6. There is a generation begging for you to be real ... and to be real now.

Karen Wheaton

4 Generation Sayings #2165
#7. I'm not saying he's stingy. But sometimes when you're too careful it just turns into a different kind of carelessness. It's not that either. He's from a generation that never expected to get midway up the ladder so when he got there he was too stunned to dare to climb higher.

Marlon James

4 Generation Sayings #3303
#8. They realize their ultimate doom, but they are fatalists, incapable of resistance or escape. Not one of the present generation has been out of sight of these walls.

Robert E. Howard

4 Generation Sayings #3555
#9. It's shortsighted not to view the education of a future generation of Americans as a priority for all Americans.

Mel Martinez

4 Generation Sayings #3797
#10. Messi is the great player of this generation, like there were great players in other generations.

Michel Patini

4 Generation Sayings #7369
#11. We are this world. Its next generation. If you're not trying to save us, then what exactly are you trying to save?

Claudia Gray

4 Generation Sayings #8275
#12. No one can lead our lives for us. We are responsible for our actions. So people-especially the younger generation
need to be very careful especially where safe sex is concerned.

Salman Ahmad

4 Generation Sayings #9137
#13. It has been left to our generation to discover that you can move heaven and earth to save five minutes and then not have the faintest idea what to do with them when you have saved them.

C.E.M. Joad

4 Generation Sayings #9652
#14. Unlike people of my generation, my children and my grandchildren have grown up living with, knowing, people who were outwardly gay and lesbian. And they have learned that they're just like us ... And when you see that they're just like us, the rationale for discrimination melts away.

David Boies

4 Generation Sayings #9741
#15. Times Mayor of Abingdon - was, no doubt, a benefactor to his generation, but I hope there are not many of his kind about in this overcrowded nineteenth century.

Jerome K. Jerome

4 Generation Sayings #10089
#16. According to the Small Business Administration, more than 70 percent of all family businesses do not survive through the second generation, and 8 percent do not make it to a third.

Kit Bond

4 Generation Sayings #10548
#17. In searching for ways to bridge the generation gap, there is no doubt that we, as parents, will have to practice what we preach, by striving more to bring our conduct into line with our code of beliefs.

Billy Graham

4 Generation Sayings #10724
#18. I sincerely believe that the collective efforts of many secularists during the past generation, resulting in the expulsion from our schools and from the public square, has left us vulnerable.

Jerry Falwell

4 Generation Sayings #11468
#19. It was feminism that made it possible for women to go to the Ivy League and women to be astronauts and women to have their own TV shows. What happened, though, was that the generation after feminism, which is my generation, misunderstood what feminism was saying.

Debora Spar

4 Generation Sayings #11866
#20. Nobody as the right to give up on a whole generation before it's even had a right to prove itself.

G. Willow Wilson

4 Generation Sayings #12903
#21. These companies know that at their current size they're not going to be big enough to have the necessary capital, and they don't have enough spectrum to get to the third generation.

Steve Largent

4 Generation Sayings #13540
#22. A lot of youth today have become very narrow and conservative in a way, whereas we in the older generation are kind of living it.

Marc Almond

4 Generation Sayings #13590
#23. Gen Y is really quite distinct from Gen X; it's really self-involved and very narcissistic - their cameras are filled with pictures of themselves; Facebook, it's about me. It's a generation that's been pampered by their parents and their schools, given prizes for just taking part.

Marcus Buckingham

4 Generation Sayings #13616
#24. Once upon a time, there was a generation of parents who were certain that Elvis Presley's unashamed hip-swivellingvwas most certainly the end of society.

Charlie Caruso

4 Generation Sayings #14389
#25. I teach 18- to 21-year-olds - the 'Harry Potter' generation. They grew up as voracious readers, reading books in this exploding genre. But at some point, I would love for them to give Umberto Eco or A.S. Byatt a try. I hope 'A Discovery of Witches' will serve as a kind of stepping-stone.

Deborah Harkness

4 Generation Sayings #14534
#26. The nine Greek Muses, awakened again for this generation of man and meant to inspire mankind forward in the sciences and the arts.

Lisa Kessler

4 Generation Sayings #14863
#27. It is curious that what these psychedelics do, on a scale of a community, is they release new ideas ... And that this is how culture moves forward. That culture is a phenomenon dependent on the generation of ideas, plans, notions, connections. So this is precisely what these compounds are doing.

Terence McKenna

4 Generation Sayings #15322
#28. Here are poems from a new generation of writers who honor the magnetic fields of the real; who feel and think with full and open-eyed passion; who focus heat as the magnifying glass focuses sun: until the paper catches. Read them.

Jane Hirshfield

4 Generation Sayings #15358
#29. If the enemy could only know that Marcus Garvey is but a John the Baptist in the wilderness, that a greater and more dangerous Marcus Garvey is yet to appear, the Garvey with whom you will have to reckon for the injustice of the present generation.

Marcus Garvey

4 Generation Sayings #16388
#30. The bigger-is-better form of evangelism may have passed, .. The emerging generation has been so advertised, media-tised and oversold that the smaller, quieter and more authentic is the growing edge of their experience.

Craig Detweiler

4 Generation Sayings #16551
#31. Each generation supposes that the world was simpler for the one before it.

Eleanor Roosevelt

4 Generation Sayings #16742
#32. This generation is so dead. You ask a kid, 'What are you doing this Saturday?' and they'll be playing video games or watching cable, instead of building model cars or airplanes or doing something creative. Kids today never say, 'Man, I'm really into remote-controlled steamboats.'

Jack White

4 Generation Sayings #16753
#33. Mother Earth is hurting. And she needs a generation of thoughtful, caring and active kids like all of you to protect her for the future.

Leonardo DiCaprio

4 Generation Sayings #17144
#34. That whole generation that's gone now, that lived through the two world wars, is a great example to all of us. They knew how to live. If something bad happened, they didn't sit at home, eat Haagen-Dazs, and watch a movie.

Sigourney Weaver

4 Generation Sayings #17216
#35. Every year Swedish society produces a new generation of threatened women who can testify to the lack of legal rights and the lukewarm interest shown by the police and other authorities.

Stieg Larsson

4 Generation Sayings #17539
#36. Maybe that was what happened when people grew up in a place where mountains shut them in, kept everything turned inward, buffered them from everything else. How long did it take before that landscape become internalized, was passed down from generation to generation like blood type or eye color?

Ron Rash

4 Generation Sayings #18989
#37. A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains forever (Eccl. 1:4).

Michael T. Santini

4 Generation Sayings #88656
#38. Chapter 1, verse 4, he said. One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh, but the earth abideth forever.

Louise Erdrich

4 Generation Sayings #120041
#39. Engineers are now experimenting with 4,096-line TV systems, suggesting that with the next generation of sets you'll be able to count the grass blades on the Superbowl field, an obvious lifestyle improvement.

Seth Shostak

4 Generation Sayings #823385
#40. 55 percent - about 1.4 million veterans among this generation - said they feel disconnected from civilian life in America.

Howard Schultz

4 Generation Sayings #1444011
#41. The upward revision of import duty, from 1 per cent to over 4 per cent on steam coal imports, will adversely impact the industry, as it will lead to increase in cost of power generation.

Gautam Adani

4 Generation Sayings #1748388
#42. We were granted the right to exist by the God of our fathers at the glimmer of the dawn of human civilization nearly 4,000 years ago. For that right, which has been sanctified in Jewish blood from generation to generation, we have paid a price unexampled in the annals of the nations.

Menachem Begin

4 Generation Sayings #1766717

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top