Top 36 3-4 Sentence Quotes

#1. 'TIME's spell-check always admonishes me whenever I compose a sentence in the passive voice, a warning that is often ignored by me.

Richard Corliss

3-4 Sentence Quotes #234
#2. Humans like to look. I think that voyeurism and exploitation are often used in the same sentence. But, in my opinion, voyeurism is a beautiful and delightful thing. There is nothing more intimate than really looking at someone.

Laurel Nakadate

3-4 Sentence Quotes #695
#3. There was no way that sentence was coming out of my mouth.

Melissa Kantor

3-4 Sentence Quotes #3080
#4. I would prefer to have gum on my face than own up to the fact that I accidentally got gum on my face. And of course one sentence out of every ten that comes from my mouth is probably not one hundred percent true.

Alicia Thompson

3-4 Sentence Quotes #4422
#5. Bob Riley, a kind soul who "treads lightly in this world," is in the 22nd year of a federal life without parole LSD sentence.

Benjamin

3-4 Sentence Quotes #5281
#6. By the time we were knit in our mothers' wombs, our lives were like open books before Him
every sentence read, every paragraph indented, every chapter titled, every page numbered. He knew it all in advance
all the sin, all the selfishness, every weakness. Yet He chose to love us
lavishly.

Beth Moore

3-4 Sentence Quotes #5348
#7. As writers we must, from our very opening sentence, speak with authority to our readers.

Michael Cunningham

3-4 Sentence Quotes #5458
#8. Can a Filipina be depicted as smart without having to shout all the time? Or down-to-earth and honest without having to start every sentence with a snarky 'Hay nako' or 'Alam mo bah'?

Arnold Arre

3-4 Sentence Quotes #5599
#9. It has taken me years of struggle, hard work, and research to learn to make one simple gesture, and I know enough about the art of writing to realize that it would take as many years of concentrated effort to write one simple, beautiful sentence.

Isadora Duncan

3-4 Sentence Quotes #5905
#10. When you want to say something very important, tell it with a short sentence! There is no time for long stories!

Mehmet Murat Ildan

3-4 Sentence Quotes #7221
#11. Read every sentence you write out loud. If it sounds boring, kill it.

James Altucher

3-4 Sentence Quotes #7673
#12. Ran "Inchon" - it is a brutal but gripping picture about the Korean War and for once we're the good guys & the Communists are the villains. The producer was Japanese or Korean which probably explains the preceding sentence.

Ronald Reagan

3-4 Sentence Quotes #8199
#13. I read my sentence - steadily ...

Emily Dickinson

3-4 Sentence Quotes #11351
#14. Ilium, New York, is divided into three parts.

Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

3-4 Sentence Quotes #12097
#15. nearly fourteen billion years ago, all the space and all the matter and all the energy of the known universe was contained in a volume less than one-trillionth the size of the period that ends this sentence. Conditions

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

3-4 Sentence Quotes #13806
#16. There is nothing in discourse that is not to be found in a sentence.

Roland Barthes

3-4 Sentence Quotes #14567
#17. A screaming comes across the sky.

Thomas Pynchon

3-4 Sentence Quotes #14670
#18. This sentence consists of eleven words, twenty-three syllables and seventy-four letters.

Charles Pearson

3-4 Sentence Quotes #15204
#19. No one dared do it before, not in front of the King (opening sentence)

Gordon Thomas

3-4 Sentence Quotes #16111
#20. I not only couldn't read but often couldn't hear or understand what was being said to me - by the time I'd processed the beginning of a sentence, the teacher was well on her way through a second or third.

Philip Schultz

3-4 Sentence Quotes #16708
#21. Fletcher in the flesh did not, by most accounts, appear to be the crackpot that that sentence suggests.

Anonymous

3-4 Sentence Quotes #16781
#22. People have been kind enough to compare me to Celine Dion, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston. I think it's amazing that they even put my name in the same sentence.

Leona Lewis

3-4 Sentence Quotes #17412
#23. You can't show me a sentence, word, or phoneme that is meaningless; by its nature, language is packed with meaning and emotion.

Kenneth Goldsmith

3-4 Sentence Quotes #18001
#24. Stammering is different than stuttering. Stutterers have trouble with the letters, while stammerers trip over entire parts of a sentence. We stammerers generally think of ourselves as very bright.

Bob Newhart

3-4 Sentence Quotes #18074
#25. Don't get discouraged if you're hammering away at a sentence or a paragraph or a chapter, and it keeps coming out wrong. You're allowed to get it wrong, as many times as you need to; you only need to get it right once.

Tana French

3-4 Sentence Quotes #21045
#26. It makes a great difference in the force of a sentence, whether a man be behind it or no.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3-4 Sentence Quotes #21635
#27. That's the hardest thing to do-to stay with a sentence until it has said what it should say, and then to know when that has been accomplished.

Vivian Gornick

3-4 Sentence Quotes #22119
#28. If I have any advantage, maybe, as a writer, it is that I don't think I'm very interesting. I mean, beginning a novel with the last sentence is a pretty plodding way to spend your life.

John Irving

3-4 Sentence Quotes #25078
#29. When I say a spoken Hebrew sentence, half of it is like the King James Bible and half of it is a hip-hop lyric. It has a roller-coaster effect.

Etgar Keret

3-4 Sentence Quotes #25158
#30. It was morning, and the new sun sparkled gold across the ripples of a gentle sea.

Richard Bach

3-4 Sentence Quotes #27748
#31. In one sentence, I'd describe myself as indescribable. But, I wouldn't end it with a period. I'd end it with three dots.

Jason Schwartzman

3-4 Sentence Quotes #28302
#32. Words have weight, sound and appearance; it is only by considering these that you can write a sentence that is good to look at and good to listen to.

W. Somerset Maugham

3-4 Sentence Quotes #29762
#33. Whenever you speak to someone, you are presuming the two of you have a certain degree of familiarity - which your words might alter. So every sentence has to do two things at once: convey a message and continue to negotiate that relationship.

Steven Pinker

3-4 Sentence Quotes #31603
#34. The end of an unclouded day. Almost a happy one. Just one of the 3,653 days of his sentence, from bell to bell. The extra three were for leap years.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

3-4 Sentence Quotes #65619
#35. 3 years, 1 month, 1 week, and 6 days since I'd seen daylight.

Susanne Winnacker

3-4 Sentence Quotes #473230
#36. A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: 1. What am I trying to say? 2. What words will express it? 3. What image or idiom will make it clearer? 4. Is this image fresh enough to have an effect?

George Orwell

3-4 Sentence Quotes #1206150

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top