Top 78 2 World War Quotes

#1. For the commission to do a great building, I would have sold my soul like Faust. Now I had found my Mephistopheles. He seemed no less engaging than Goethe's.

Albert Speer

2 World War Quotes #1140741
#2. It was harder for the ones who were waiting, Annemarie knew. Less danger, perhaps, but more fear.

Lois Lowry

2 World War Quotes #1284219
#3. I will be so glad for you to hear not the sounds of gunfire but the sounds of church bells, and of people working in peace.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #1282154
#4. The only reason why world war 2 happened was because Chuck Norris decided to take a nap.

Lars Anderson

2 World War Quotes #1243706
#5. Work, love, courage and hope,
Make me good and help me cope!

Anne Frank

2 World War Quotes #1230268
#6. It seemed impossible that men with hearts and brains were capable of it. Such devastation of cities, so many innocent lives lost. It seemed to him that if just a small part of the effort put into war could be put into peace, they'd be so much better off

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #1229811
#7. Never had a decent report in his life!" Tony repeated, hardly able to believe the words. He was thinking, in shocked surprise, that even Tante Bettina did not know how mad the English could be.

Constance Savery

2 World War Quotes #1206506
#8. Some mules just seem to be born with the hee-haw habit. Back home we call those fellows 'Missouri Nightingales'.

Maureen Daly

2 World War Quotes #1185568
#9. What we dedicate today is not a memorial to war, rather it's a tribute to the physical and moral courage that makes heroes out of farm and city boys and that inspires Americans in every generation to lay down their lives for people they will never meet, for ideals that make life itself worth living.

Bob Dole

2 World War Quotes #1159246
#10. Except for a roll of Harding's eyes, everyone ignored me, which is the way I liked it when I had to hang around with senior officers. They had a way of thinking up ideas that got you killed and them promoted.

James R. Benn

2 World War Quotes #1154792
#11. Lovely morning, World War Two.

Thomas Pynchon

2 World War Quotes #1335943
#12. You cannot deport 110,000 people unless you have stopped seeing individuals. Of course, for such a thing to happen, there has to be a kind of acquiescence on the part of the victims, some submerged belief that this treatment is deserved, or at least allowable.

Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston

2 World War Quotes #1110616
#13. She raised her head and saw a squadron of fighter planes. She stretched her hand high as if she could grab hold and climb away from what she had done, from who she was.

Sarah Sundin

2 World War Quotes #1083206
#14. If [pacifists] imagine that one can somehow "overcome" the German army by lying on one's back, let them go on imagining it, but let them also wonder occasionally whether this is not an illusion due to security, too much money and a simple ignorance of the way in which things actually happen.

George Orwell

2 World War Quotes #1082170
#15. When he shows I'll say: 'Good day, a bouquet for Mr. Hovgaard.' Then you shoot him. Understood?"

Ingrid aka 'Alis K'
The Informer

Steen Langstrup

2 World War Quotes #1069151
#16. Overriding all of them, however, was the memory of 1918, the belief that the Jews, wherever and whoever they might be, threatened to undermine the German war effort, by engaging in subversion, partisan activities, Communist resistance movements and much else besides.

Richard J. Evans

2 World War Quotes #1061750
#17. Tolerance over time breeds resentment. Only through understanding, that comes from the acceptance of one another's differences, shall we find true peace.

Erndell Scott

2 World War Quotes #1038730
#18. Where one burns books, there one eventually burns people.

Heinrich Heine

2 World War Quotes #1019830
#19. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Dwight D. Eisenhower

2 World War Quotes #977810
#20. He threw his burning cigarette onto our clean living room floor and ground it into the wood with his boot.
We were about to become cigarettes.

Ruta Sepetys

2 World War Quotes #969509
#21. If you have sacrificed my nation to preserve the peace of the world, I will be the first to applaud you. But if not, gentlemen, God help your souls.
Czechoslovakian foreign minister Jan Masaryk to Lord Halifax as reaction to announcement of allies' betrayal in 1938.

Jan Masaryk

2 World War Quotes #1715654
#22. A family is no place for privacy!

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #1836093
#23. The art of living. Isn't that a funny expression?

Anne Frank

2 World War Quotes #1771497
#24. My name's Alis K. From now on you will be Willy. Come on, let's push the bicycles for a bit."

Ingrid aka 'Alis K'
The Informer

Steen Langstrup

2 World War Quotes #1747539
#25. Remember me in your dreams, as I will you.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #1745904
#26. Kill Japs, kills Japs, kill more Japs!

William Halsey

2 World War Quotes #1742647
#27. I'm sorry! It's just that it hurts so much and it never stops!

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #1733158
#28. Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished.

Winston S. Churchill

2 World War Quotes #1728770
#29. Long ago she'd clamped an iron shell around her heart and nothing and no one could pry it lose, but deep inside the tender flesh still beat.

Sarah Sundin

2 World War Quotes #1727497
#30. She honestly wondered sometimes which fate was worse, death or standing behind a curtain and looking out at the street at all the things you felt you could no longer have.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #1724584
#31. In the war to come correspondents would assume unheard of importance, plunging through flame to feed the public its little gobbets of dehydrated excrement.

Malcolm Lowry

2 World War Quotes #968365
#32. Media was a battle ground. So was the internet. People began walking openly with their weapons, whether it was a gun or a camera. Drones were always skimming overhead, filming the violence of the second civil war of the United States.

Lindsay Anderson

2 World War Quotes #1713338
#33. We have learned that it is better to live with one leg than to spend your life on your knees.

Gregory A. Freeman

2 World War Quotes #1636982
#34. If a bomb has your name on it, you are dead whatever you do; and if not, it will miss you.

James Lingard

2 World War Quotes #1480294
#35. I didn't wait to see her ship go off, because partings are stupid things and best got over quickly

Nevil Shute

2 World War Quotes #1470862
#36. We should never forget that everything Adolph Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighers did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany.

Martin Luther King Jr.

2 World War Quotes #1469596
#37. I can tell you that events were incremental, that the unbelievable became the believable and, ultimately, the normal.

Ralph Webster

2 World War Quotes #1406990
#38. Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the sands of time.

Dick Winters

2 World War Quotes #1380428
#39. It had never occurred to me that simply being with a fellow prisoner would make me feel like I was still in prison.

Elizabeth Wein

2 World War Quotes #1347543
#40. It grey louder. Louder. They were singing, singing at the top of their lungs. Andrius joined, and then my brother and the gray-haired man. And finally, the bald man joined in, singing out national anthem. 'Lithuania, land of heroes...

Ruta Sepetys

2 World War Quotes #227260
#41. You'll be very close to him when you shoot him. So shove the pistol in his face and pull the trigger instantly."

Ingrid aka 'Alis K'
The Informer

Steen Langstrup

2 World War Quotes #414857
#42. Being a Berlin cop in 1942 was a little like putting down mousetraps in a cage full of tigers.

Philip Kerr

2 World War Quotes #404316
#43. Democracy alone, of all forms of government, enlists the full force of men's enlightened will.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

2 World War Quotes #372287
#44. Naval heroes are seldom immodest, but soldiers quite often are. It is said of one gallant general that publication of his book was delayed because the printer ran out of capital I's.

John Colville

2 World War Quotes #359726
#45. ...They were nothing but numbers to the people who had started this war.

Ellen Marie Wiseman

2 World War Quotes #356287
#46. That doesn't make him a hero. Our country is doomed, don't you see? Our fate is death, no matter whose hands we fall into.

Ruta Sepetys

2 World War Quotes #300999
#47. These trials aren't about revenge. They're about justice. Don't you want justice, Rose Justice?

Elizabeth Wein

2 World War Quotes #282060
#48. Make time for prayer and reflection; try to understand your value as a man on earth but see, too, your proper place in the scheme of things. It may sound funny to say this, but I have come to see that we are all far more important and less important than we think.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #277375
#49. We're so far away from those stars

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #256184
#50. If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction..

Joseph Goebbels

2 World War Quotes #437681
#51. There are criminals everywhere these days, you know. One might end up missing the police! Who would have thought that possible?
The Maid
The Informer by Steen Langtrup

Steen Langstrup

2 World War Quotes #218938
#52. When you want something, all the Universe conspires to helping you achieve it.
The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
Just ask..

Victoria Aldridge Washuk

2 World War Quotes #191821
#53. You are familiar with World War 2?"
"Of course I am. I'm dead, not stupid.

Donna Augustine

2 World War Quotes #191796
#54. History is not always pessimistic for if World War II Europe has taught us anything it is that the rebuilding of cities is possible and the mending of a nation's spirit can be achieved.

Aysha Taryam

2 World War Quotes #169412
#55. The cost of war is like an immeasurable tremor that knows no borders, its shockwaves reverberating across the world resulting in universal suffering.

Aysha Taryam

2 World War Quotes #164723
#56. There are only three kinds of Irishmen who can't understand women. Young men, old men and men of middle age.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #151436
#57. She put her hand over her heart. Oh boy. It hurts. It's a real pain. Right here.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #140836
#58. Czechs are laughing beasts.

Reinhard Heydrich

2 World War Quotes #110293
#59. First of all, I want you to know that I believed in the cause for which I died. No war is won without sacrifice.

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #44167
#60. She didn't care so much whether the world would ever forgive her people; but she did hope that someday, somehow, she would be able to forgive herself.

Chris Bohjalian

2 World War Quotes #640939
#61. The Second World War lasted for 2,174 days, cost $1.5 trillion and claimed the lives of over 50 million people. That represents 23,000 lives lost every day, or more than six people killed every minute, for six long years.

Andrew Roberts

2 World War Quotes #965512
#62. You ever wonder why an East Eng girl like me hasn't got much in the way of family? Well here's the reasons Petra. World War 1. World War 2. Falklands War. Gulf War 1. Gulf War 2 and the War on Drugs. You can take your pick because I've lost whole bloody chunks of my family in all of them.

Chris Cleave

2 World War Quotes #879828
#63. The world is wrong. I'm just doing my part to fix it.

Ryan Graudin

2 World War Quotes #878247
#64. One of them was Fritz Thyssen, one of the earliest and biggest contributors to the party. Fleeing the "Nazi regime has ruined German industry." And to all he met abroad he proclaimed, "What a fool ( Dummkopf ) I was!

William L. Shirer

2 World War Quotes #841040
#65. Thieves and prostitutes. Our mothers were in that car, along with a teacher, a librarian, elderly people, and a newborn baby - thieves and prostitutes.

Ruta Sepetys

2 World War Quotes #705938
#66. Just one look and then I knew that all I longed for long ago was you

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #699072
#67. I am German, yes, but I am not a Nazi. There is a difference, and one day I hope you understand that.

Caroline Leech

2 World War Quotes #697899
#68. If you can't change it don't worry about it.

David Barrett

2 World War Quotes #654201
#69. Greed is empowered by knowledge, but we shouldn't be burning books or reject such knowledge, as what happened during the Inquisition and World War 2. We should instead share it and learn it.

Daniel Marques

2 World War Quotes #650800
#70. Churchill's 2,054 page book "Second World War" makes no mention of genocide or the murder of Jews. Coincidentally, Churchill was a strong proponent of eugenic legislation prior to the outbreak of WWII.

A.E. Samaan

2 World War Quotes #43002
#71. If you only knew, all of you, how the camp remains in all our minds, and will until we die.

Marceline Loridan-Ivens

2 World War Quotes #639985
#72. The vast majority of Jews killed in the Holocaust never saw a concentration camp.

Timothy Snyder

2 World War Quotes #622067
#73. Everything changed, and eleven months later, here I was in the middle of the night with a gungho major, playing secret agent, hoping some Frenchie didn't put a bullet in my skull before I gave the Germans and Italians their chance.

James R. Benn

2 World War Quotes #595478
#74. Darwinism by itself did not produce the Holocaust, but without Darwinism ... neither Hitler nor his Nazi followers would have had the necessary scientific underpinnings to convince themselves and their collaborators that one of the worlds greatest atrocities was really morally praiseworthy.

Richard Weikart

2 World War Quotes #594657
#75. As I remember, the worst result of a World War II block was a flood of Argentine Gin. Sensitive martini-boys and Gibson-girls still shudder ...

Mary Francis Kennedy Fisher

2 World War Quotes #571135
#76. There are some things you never say good-bye to

Elizabeth Berg

2 World War Quotes #460066
#77. Sneaking out at night. You think you're so clever, but you're not. Either you're a saboteur, Johannes, or you've got a mistress.
The Reverend's wife, Grete
The Informer

Steen Langstrup

2 World War Quotes #458229
#78. This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

Adolf Hitler

2 World War Quotes #441929

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top