Top 50 2 Samuel Quotes

#1. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. 2 SAMUEL 22:31

Stormie O'martian

2 Samuel Quotes #1806493
#2. There is no slight danger from general ignorance; and the only choice which Providence has graciously left to a vicious government is either to fall by the people, if they are suffered to become enlightened, or with them, if they are kept enslaved and ignorant.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 Samuel Quotes #13758
#3. The history of man for the nine months preceding his birth would, probably, be far more interesting and contain events of greater moment than all the three score and ten years that follow it.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 Samuel Quotes #9692
#4. All life is a rhythm," she said as I sat up. "All death is a rhythm suspended, a syncopation before life
resumes.

Samuel R. Delany

2 Samuel Quotes #10005
#5. To give pain is the tyranny; to make happy, the true empire of beauty.

Samuel Butler

2 Samuel Quotes #10473
#6. He who makes a beast out of himself removes himself from the pain of being human

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #10526
#7. If Christ is the head of the church and we are the body, lets be disciples who master the noise.

Eric Samuel Timm

2 Samuel Quotes #11442
#8. It has been said that the love of money is the root of all evil. The want of money is so quite as truly.

Samuel Butler

2 Samuel Quotes #11984
#9. Religion is the most gentlemanly thing in the world. It alone will gentilize, if unmixed with cant.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 Samuel Quotes #12894
#10. I want to read about a character doing something fairly quiet where I can picture who the character is, and what their attitude towards the world is - which I'm a lot more interested in than what they do under the pressure of a gunfight.

Samuel R. Delany

2 Samuel Quotes #12920
#11. He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others.

Samuel Foote

2 Samuel Quotes #13005
#12. Exactness is first obtained, and afterwards elegance. But diction, merely vocal, is always in its childhood. As no man leaves his eloquence behind him, the new generations have all to learn. There may possibly be books without a polished language, but there can be no polished language without books.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #13128
#13. Pity is best taught by fellowship in woe.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 Samuel Quotes #13448
#14. All intellectual improvement arises from leisure.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #9506
#15. The chief art of learning, as Locke has observed, is to attempt but little at a time. The widest excursions of the mind are made by short flights frequently repeated; the most lofty fabrics of science are formed by the continued accumulation of single propositions.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #14141
#16. Some of the regrets I've had about my own career are things I have not done that I should have done. More than some of the things that I've done.

Samuel Goldwyn Jr.

2 Samuel Quotes #14166
#17. The dead they sleep a long, long sleep; The dead they rest, and their rest is deep; The dead have peace, but the living weep.

Samuel Hoffenstein

2 Samuel Quotes #14910
#18. Sentences I never thought I would write. (1) That John Prescott certainly has a way with the ladies. (2) Give it to Steve McClaren, he seems like the man for the England job. (3) Peter Crouch is the man to replace Rooney.

Martin Samuel

2 Samuel Quotes #96690
#19. God reveals Himself to us through Scripture and His creation; if we can't discern His will, the revelation serves no-purpose. Thus, God has given us knowledge (Proverbs 2:6). Since humans have limited capacity for all knowledge, He has also given us the ultimate gift--faith.

Samuel C. Tseng

2 Samuel Quotes #292029
#20. Religious Jews believe that all things come from God, as God owns everything. The Tanakh says, "The Lord makes some poor and others rich; he brings some down and lifts others up" (NLT, 1 Samuel 2:7). "The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it" (NIV, Proverbs 10:22).

H.W. Charles

2 Samuel Quotes #1165823
#21. Eventually I booked a 2-line role on a show called 'JAG' and slowly the parts got bigger and better. I'm very thankful that I had to appreciate how difficult the business is before I had any kind of success.

Samuel Witwer

2 Samuel Quotes #1469025
#22. ACOUSTICKS (ACO'USTICKS) n.s.[Gr. to hear.]1. The doctrine or theory of sounds.2. Medicines to help the hearing.Quincy.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #1547115
#23. There are three classes into which all the women past seventy that ever I knew were to be divided: 1. That dear old soul; 2. That old woman; 3. That old witch.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

2 Samuel Quotes #1712453
#24. Fundamentally only two great novelties have come out of recent warfare. They are: (1) mechanical vehicles, which relieve the Soldier of equipment hitherto carried by him; (2) air supply, which relieves the vehicle of the road.

Samuel Lyman Atwood Marshall

2 Samuel Quotes #1795137
#25. Before I went to bed, I sat up till 2 a-clock in my chamber, reading of Mr. Hooke's Microscopical Observations, the most ingenious book that I ever read in my life.

Samuel Pepys

2 Samuel Quotes #1828098
#26. What agreement is there between the hyena and the dog? and what peace between the rich and the poor?BibleEcclus,xiii. 18.2.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #1839781
#27. Reaffirming their Western identity and Westerners accepting their civilization as unique not universal and uniting to renew and preserve it against challenges from non-Western societies.

Samuel P. Huntington

2 Samuel Quotes #5293
#28. A man has integrity if his interest in the good of the service is at all times greater than his personal pride, and when he holds himself to the same line of duty when unobserved as he would follow if his superiors were present

Samuel Lyman Atwood Marshall

2 Samuel Quotes #394
#29. Nor did he think of Celia any more, though he could sometimes remember having dreamt of her. If only he had been able to think of her, he would not have needed to dream of her.

Samuel Beckett

2 Samuel Quotes #1257
#30. By those who look close to the ground dirt will be seen. I hope I see things from a greater distance.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #1898
#31. Everyone brings their own particular skill set to the job, and acting training can work for a lot of actors, and it can't. I've seen a lot of really good actors go into acting schools and then come out a little bit corrupted.

Xavier Samuel

2 Samuel Quotes #1970
#32. Gloomy calm of idle vacancy.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #2391
#33. My mistakes are my life.

Samuel Beckett

2 Samuel Quotes #2424
#34. 22And Samuel said, w Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, x to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams.

Anonymous

2 Samuel Quotes #2426
#35. The process is the reality.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #2764
#36. I'm exhausted from not talking.

Samuel Goldwyn Jr.

2 Samuel Quotes #2876
#37. By my soul, I can neither eat, drink, nor sleep; nor, what's still worse, love any woman in the world but her.

Samuel Richardson

2 Samuel Quotes #4154
#38. Marriage has many pains, but celibacy has no pleasures.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #5100
#39. If the headache would only precede the intoxication, alcoholism would be a virtue.

Samuel Butler

2 Samuel Quotes #9432
#40. The moral and intellectual character of the Africans is widely different in different nations.

Samuel George Morton

2 Samuel Quotes #5317
#41. That's the trouble with directors. Always biting the hand that lays the golden egg.

Samuel Goldwyn

2 Samuel Quotes #5345
#42. Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation how it shall be spent.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #5870
#43. There ambush here relentless ruffians lay, And here the fell attorney prowls for prey.

Samuel Johnson

2 Samuel Quotes #5891
#44. Such being the nature of mental life, the business of psychology is primarily to describe in detail the various forms which attention or conation assumes upon the different levels of that life.

Samuel Alexander

2 Samuel Quotes #6581
#45. The dawn of space travel is the dawn of woman.

Samuel R. Delany

2 Samuel Quotes #6708
#46. A man who attempts to read all the new productions must do as the flea does,
skip.

Samuel Rogers

2 Samuel Quotes #7378
#47. When writing a book what is more important? Grammar and spelling or telling a great story? I know which I would choose.

Samuel Colbran

2 Samuel Quotes #8043
#48. Samuel Eto'o is reputedly the highest-paid player in the world at £350,000 per week - that's £5,000 a day

Clive Tyldesley

2 Samuel Quotes #8081
#49. I call you domina because that's what you are," Samuel insisted.
"It's what I was. Now I'm just Brie. What if I only called you pathfinder?

Kenya Wright

2 Samuel Quotes #9246
#50. I want to commend the [Federalist] Society for bringing together the best minds from right, left, and center to debate the most pressing legal issues of the day.

Samuel Alito

2 Samuel Quotes #9419

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top