Top 16 1776 David Mccullough Quotes

#1. Whoever wishes to win in this game must have patience and money, since the values are so little constant and the rumours so little founded on truth

James De La Vega

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #20932
#2. There are almost no beautiful cities in America, though there are many beautiful parts of cities, and some sections that are glorious without being beautiful, like downtown Chicago. Cities are too big and too rich for beauty; they have outgrown themselves too many times.

Noel Perrin

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #56803
#3. We're all naturally curious when we're eight years old. But as most people get older, they become less and less curious, so they ask other people to be curious for them. That's what I do for a living.

Ron Miriello

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #128730
#4. People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.

Johnny Depp

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #247466
#5. As the Sword was the last resort for the preservation of our liberties, so it ought to be the first thing laid aside when those liberties are firmly established

David McCullough

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #270392
#6. I've said this over and over, but I'll say it a million more times - I'm concerned more about the death of a bee than I am about terrorism. Because we're losing hives and bees by the millions because of such strong pesticides.

Patti Smith

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #427552
#7. My next book is also set in the eighteenth century. It's about the Revolution, with the focus on the year 1776. It's about Washington and the army and the war. It's the nadir, the low point of the United States of America.

David McCullough

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #674280
#8. Ideas in modern Russia are machine-cut blocks coming in solid colors; the nuance is outlawed, the interval walled up, the curve grossly stepped.

Vladimir Nabokov

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #680036
#9. I lament the want of a liberal education. I feel the mist of ignorance to surround me - Nathanael Greene

David McCullough

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #920678
#10. Judging people for whom they love (a same sex partner) rather than by whom they harm, should in itself merit a psychiatric diagnosis.

Harriet Lerner

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #927184
#11. And what are we planning on doing once we get there?"
"I don't have a plan."
"Okay ... and I thought 'I *have* a plan' were the scariest words I'd ever heard you say.

Keiichi Sigsawa

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #1120246
#12. The beauty of America, neither cool jazz nor devoured Egyptian
heroes, lies in
lives in the darkness I inhabit in the midst of sterile millions

Frank O'Hara

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #1218788
#13. The knowledge of the nature of a horse is one of the first foundations of the art if riding it, and every horseman must make it his principal study.

Francois Robichon De La Gueriniere

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #1338331
#14. The heart of the People, North and South, is for the Union.

Edward Everett

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #1434130
#15. Water lapped as she sat forward. "Don't play games with me, Roarke."
"Eve, it's my fondest wish to do just that.

J.D. Robb

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #1627366
#16. Baseball without fans is like Jayne Mansfield without a sweater. Hang on, that can be taken two ways.

Richard M. Nixon

1776 David Mccullough Quotes #1809766

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top