Top 10 1471 Benjamin Quotes

#1. For a scientist must indeed be freely imaginative and yet skeptical, creative and yet a critic. There is a sense in which he must be free, but another in which his thought must be very precisely regimented; there is poetry in science, but also a lot of bookkeeping.

Peter Medawar

1471 Benjamin Quotes #141501
#2. There is a danger of developing a blanket distaste for modern life which could have its attractions but lack the all-important images to help us identify them.

Alain De Botton

1471 Benjamin Quotes #282272
#3. Perception is a fantasy that coincides with reality. - Christ Firth, from Making Up the Mind: How the Brain Creates Our Mental World

Alberto Cairo

1471 Benjamin Quotes #698125
#4. I've always liked to think that we put ourselves in the circumstances in life that will support us moving through to wherever it is our spirit is going.

John Denver

1471 Benjamin Quotes #731788
#5. He objected, though, to indiscriminate reading. 'One must have some question,' he wrote, 'addressed to the book one is going to read.

Pyotr Kropotkin

1471 Benjamin Quotes #897998
#6. Hegel was the first to state correctly the relation between freedom and necessity. To him, freedom is the insight into necessity.

Friedrich Engels

1471 Benjamin Quotes #1164963
#7. Sometimes one mistake ruins the whole thing.

Janice Liang

1471 Benjamin Quotes #1336898
#8. You don't have to tell me everything right away, but I have to tell you everything right away? Can't you see how stupid that is?

Veronica Roth

1471 Benjamin Quotes #1414932
#9. When we do something we're not proud of, a lot of people don't want to look at that, people may say "what people don't know won't hurt them."

Zoe Kazan

1471 Benjamin Quotes #1642801
#10. How would I behave in a situation that caused me to summon the essence of my character? The tragedy inspired me to test myself. I wanted to reveal to myself who I was: the kind of person who died, or the kind of person who overcame circumstances to help himself and others

Aron Ralston

1471 Benjamin Quotes #1858573

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top