Top 50 1 John Bible Quotes

#1. Love and Trust God, It's a life time commitment!!!

John Dye

1 John Bible Quotes #271830
#2. Our soul's problem, however, is not its neediness; it's our fallenness. Our need was meant to point us to God. Instead, we fasten our minds and bodies and wills on other sources of ultimate devotion, which the Bible calls idolatry.

John Ortberg

1 John Bible Quotes #186370
#3. The Jesus experience expanded people into a position where they didn't have to have defensive tribal lives, "God loves my people, my tribe, anddoesn't like yours." The Bible is full of such references.

John Shelby Spong

1 John Bible Quotes #190529
#4. The Bible's teaching on prayer leads overwhelmingly to one conclusion: Prayer changes things.

John Ortberg Jr.

1 John Bible Quotes #199971
#5. The battle on the cross reveals just how little Satan understands God; he did not see plan B coming from God. But Jesus knew everything. John 3:16

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #202962
#6. And we are never too old to study the Bible. Each time the lessons are studied comes some new meaning, some new thought which will make us better.

John D. Rockefeller

1 John Bible Quotes #217490
#7. While nothing in the Bible is contradictory, many of the Bible's most provocative and profound truths appear to us paradoxical.

John F. MacArthur Jr.

1 John Bible Quotes #227119
#8. Page 112 The Honorable Schoolboy
He was attended this morning by his wife, a former Bible School teacher from Borneo, a dried- out shrew in bobbed hair and ankle socks who could spot a sin before it was committed.

John Le Carre

1 John Bible Quotes #229070
#9. That all may bow to the scepter of our Lord Jesus Christ and that the whole Earth may be filled with his glory.

John Hancock

1 John Bible Quotes #232208
#10. Jesus Christ is not just the solution to your problems; Jesus Christ is in your problems and your solutions. Without him nothing moves.John 1:3

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #234194
#11. In America, we have bible-reading applications: every single one of those applications asks permission to turn on your microphone, your camera; it wants permission to read your e-mails and the right to send e-mails wherever it chooses.

John McAfee

1 John Bible Quotes #235792
#12. The Bible is a precious storehouse, and the Magna Charta of a Christian. There he reads of his Heavenly Father's love, and of his dying Saviour's legacies. There he sees a map of his travels through the wilderness, and a landscape, too, of Canaan.

John Berridge

1 John Bible Quotes #248546
#13. There has never been a meaningful life built on easy street.

John Paul Warren

1 John Bible Quotes #259674
#14. Some people in the church, like Martin Luther King, Jr., came out against segregation. But if you look at the bulk of organized religion, you will discover that it endorsed slavery and quoted the Bible to approve it; the Pope even owned slaves.

John Shelby Spong

1 John Bible Quotes #182098
#15. The modern world detests authority but worships relevance. Our Christian conviction is that the Bible has both authority and relevance, and that the secret of both is Jesus Christ

John Stott

1 John Bible Quotes #274132
#16. But when the teaching of the Bible is plain, then continuing to maintain an open mind is a sign not of maturity, but of immaturity.

John R.W. Stott

1 John Bible Quotes #278769
#17. What we need from the Bible is not the fulfillment of our dream, but the swallowing up of our failed dream in the all-satisfying glory of Christ.

John Piper

1 John Bible Quotes #306970
#18. Whatever merit there is in anything that I have written is simply due to the fact that when I was a child my mother daily read me a part of the Bible and daily made me learn a part of it by heart.

John Ruskin

1 John Bible Quotes #339890
#19. You cannot successfully follow Jesus Christ unless you learn how to overcome fear through his name.John 14:1-4.

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #408308
#20. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. John 15:1

Anonymous

1 John Bible Quotes #494639
#21. If you don't truly believe in Jesus Christ, fear will be your worst enemy at the End of the Age. The gift of the Holy Spirit is the gift of no fear. John 14:1-4.

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #614590
#22. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

Anonymous

1 John Bible Quotes #766718
#23. Deeply immersed in a constant bubble bath of sin, you cannot communicate with Jesus Christ unless you are ready to get out of the bath. John 1:9

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #1080332
#24. Any teachings that fail to recognize Jesus Christ as the author of life, is absolutely antichrist.John 1:1-13.

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #1092872
#25. The "Gospel" is not a sermon title or the name of a book in the Bible. The Gospel is the person of Jesus Christ and it is the power of God to bring people to salvation. Romans 1:16

John Paul Warren

1 John Bible Quotes #1740891
#26. It is possible to learn all about the mysteries of the Bible and never be affected by it in one's soul. Great knowledge is not enough.

John Bunyan

1 John Bible Quotes #86173
#27. All good things come from love; God used the cross a symbol of His love, to paralyze and defeat all forces of evil. God is love. John 3:16

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #20840
#28. Language itself is a cultural convention, and since the Bible and other ancient documents use language to communicate, they are bound to a culture.

John H. Walton

1 John Bible Quotes #26742
#29. And self-sacrifice is what the Bible means by 'love.' While sin is possessive, love is expansive. Sin's characteristic is the desire to get; love's characteristic is the desire to give.

John R.W. Stott

1 John Bible Quotes #34060
#30. The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed by God on the children of men. It has God for its Author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture for its matter. It is all pure, all sincere; nothing too much; nothing wanting!

John Locke

1 John Bible Quotes #37420
#31. My ground is the Bible. Yea, I am a Bible-bigot. I follow it in all things, both great and small.

John Wesley

1 John Bible Quotes #50223
#32. Some parts of the Bible are dreadful. In fact, my working title for The Sins of Scripture was "The Terrible Text of The Bible."

John Shelby Spong

1 John Bible Quotes #56162
#33. Your imperfections make you the perfect tool for God to work with. John 3:16

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #59936
#34. People do not avoid the Bible because it is difficult to understand as much as because what they understand condemns their conscience and throws light on dark corners in their lives which they prefer to keep dark.

Rousas John Rushdoony

1 John Bible Quotes #60271
#35. Very rarely in the Bible does God come to someone and say, "Stay." Almost never does God interrupt someone and ask them to remain in comfort, safety, and familiarity. He opens a door and calls them to come through it.

John Ortberg

1 John Bible Quotes #76050
#36. I have myself, for many years, made it a practice to read through the Bible once ever year ... My custom is, to read four to five chapters every morning immediately after rising from my bed. I employs about an hour of my time ...

John Quincy Adams

1 John Bible Quotes #77135
#37. Our religion was the religion of a Book. Man must be educated on Earth for Heaven. John Quincy Adams

Paul C. Nagel

1 John Bible Quotes #79701
#38. When they write the sequel to the Bible, that shit is definitely gonna be in there.

David Wong

1 John Bible Quotes #82475
#39. Give me a used Bible and I will, I think, be able to tell you about a man by the places that are edged with the dirt of seeking fingers.

John Steinbeck

1 John Bible Quotes #17957
#40. Our true wisdom is to embrace with meek docility, and without reservation, whatever the holy scriptures have delivered.

John Calvin

1 John Bible Quotes #96410
#41. We have created Black, White, Asian, and other racial Churches; but we fail to understand that there is only one Church and one Gospel.It is the Church and Gospel of Jesus Christ. John 1:12

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #97691
#42. I was never out of my Bible.

John Bunyan

1 John Bible Quotes #99621
#43. Wherever the Bible has been consistently applied, it has dramatically changed the civilization and culture of those who have accepted its teaching. No other book has ever so dramatically changed the individual lives and society in general.

John F. Walvoord

1 John Bible Quotes #103941
#44. I know the Bible pretty well. I'm not one of those guys who can immediately start quoting every book, but usually I know where to look to find certain themes.

John Darnielle

1 John Bible Quotes #116261
#45. Read this book ... but understand it's fiction. And let life be ... your most important addiction.

John Zelazny

1 John Bible Quotes #121979
#46. John D Rockefeller read his Bible religiously, but kept his ledger in a different drawer.

H.W. Brands

1 John Bible Quotes #129226
#47. Those who devote themselves to the study of Sacred Scripture should always remember that the various hermeneutical approaches have their own philosophical underpinnings, which need to be carefully evaluated before they are applied to the sacred texts.

Pope John Paul II

1 John Bible Quotes #149139
#48. You know the Holy Spirit lives in you when you can defend the Holy Bible without fear or intimidation. John 14:1.

Felix Wantang

1 John Bible Quotes #154380
#49. the Bible was to him the vehicle of God's power first, and secondly of our knowledge of Him.

John Calvin

1 John Bible Quotes #157099
#50. My custom is to read four or five chapters of the Bible every morning immediately after rising. It seems to me the most suitable manner of beginning the day. It is an invaluable and inexhaustible mine of knowledge and virtue.

John Quincy Adams

1 John Bible Quotes #171571

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top