Top 36 1 In 7 Billion Quotes

#1. Plan Colombia was supposed to reduce Colombia's cultivation and distribution of drugs by 50 percent, but 6 years and $4.7 billion later, the drug control results are meager at best.

Jan Schakowsky

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #41638
#2. The universe has been around for 13.8 billion years and

John Brockman

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #28785
#3. My fate is in the hands of almighty Allah. I will deliver to the Gambian people and if I have to rule this country for one billion years, I will, if Allah says so.

Yahya Jammeh

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #30300
#4. If somebody told me you'd be a one and a half billion dollar company and be the largest in the world, I wouldn't have believed it myself.

Baba Kalyani

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #33720
#5. As a kid at the World's Fair in 1965, I missed seeing the big global population clock roll over from 2,999,999,999 to 3 billion - I was really disappointed.

Bill Nye

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #35818
#6. I don't look at paying $8 billion for the directories business of Qwest as the thing that would really excite me ... I'm looking at a connection to the human being where it's interesting.

Craig McCaw

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #36188
#7. If you're really concerned about deficits, you cannot take seriously a budget that would give $30 billion a year worth of tax cuts to not just the top 1 percent but the top 0.1 percent.

Barack Obama

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #36327
#8. I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, trillion, billion dollars!

Paul Reubens

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #39177
#9. At the height of the Enron mania, the company's market value was $65 billion. Once the dust cleared, the final value was $0.

Robert Kiyosaki

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #40529
#10. The human brain has 100 billion neurons, each neuron connected to 10 thousand other neurons. Sitting on your shoulders is the most complicated object in the known universe.

Michio Kaku

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #28570
#11. We're a planet of nearly six billion ninnies living in a civilization that was designed by a few thousand amazingly smart deviants.

Scott Adams

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #42630
#12. Mauna Kea is a known biologically hostile work environment and one can only wonder why the
astronomy community is investing 1.4 billion dollars to build the world's largest telescope there.

Steven Magee

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #44189
#13. Last year, Americans spent $450 billion on Christmas. Clean water for the whole world, including every poor person on the planet would cost about $20 billion. Let's just call that what it is: A material blasphemy of the Christmas season.

Jim Wallis

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #44595
#14. As the United States has become an older nation, reverse mortgages have grown into a $20-billion-a-year industry, with elderly homeowners taking out more than 132,000 such loans in 2007, an increase of more than 270 percent from two years earlier.

Charles Duhigg

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #44975
#15. I have this ratio that if you divide age of entrepreneur by market cap of company. For Facebook it's one. Every year of his life Zuckerberg has been making $1 billion for investors.

Yuri Milner

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #47652
#16. A $1.7 billion average increase in electricity costs is estimated to result in a $1.3 billion decrease in personal income and a loss of 13,000 more jobs in the region.

Greg Walden

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #689200
#17. In 1700 the world was home to some 700 million humans. In 1800 there were 950 million of us. By 1900 we almost doubled our numbers to 1.6 billion. And by 2000 that quadrupled to 6 billion. Today there are just shy of 7 billion Sapiens. Modern

Yuval Noah Harari

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #997860
#18. China can draw on a talent pool of 1.3 billion people, but the United States can draw on a talent pool of 7 billion and recombine them in a diverse culture that enhances creativity in a way that ethnic Han nationalism cannot.

Lee Kuan Yew

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #1628862
#19. The pinnacle of power in China is the nine-member Politburo Standing Committee, the tiny body that sets policy for the nation's 1.4 billion citizens.

Tom Clancy

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #16834
#20. For almost four billion years life had dawdled along without any detectable ambitions in the direction of complexity, and then suddenly, in the space of just five or ten million years, it had created all the basic body designs still in use today.

Bill Bryson

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #1293
#21. The United States Administration for Children and Families (ACF) spends $46 billion per year operating 65 different social programs. If one goes down the list of these programs ... the need for each is either created or exacerbated by the breakup of families and marriages.

Wade Horn

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #1760
#22. Our terminal decline into old age and death stems from the fine print of the contract that we signed with our mitochondria two billion years ago.

Nick Lane

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #6711
#23. I'd grown up thinking that a [sanitary toilet] was my right, when in fact it's a privilege - 2.5 billion people worldwide have no adequate toilet.

Rose George

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #10974
#24. Allowing women the power to decide when and whether to have children is the only way to solve the 7 billion human load on this planet that threatens to destroy it. Women's equality is also men's survival.

Gloria Steinem

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #11262
#25. We have begun to contemplate our origins: starstuff pondering the stars; organized assemblages of ten billion billion billion atoms considering the evolution of atoms; tracing the long journey by which, here at least, consciousness arose.

Carl Sagan

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #12061
#26. If Wal-Mart invests a billion dollars and others invest $100 million, Wal-Mart is going to grow more.

Carlos Slim

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #12767
#27. nearly fourteen billion years ago, all the space and all the matter and all the energy of the known universe was contained in a volume less than one-trillionth the size of the period that ends this sentence. Conditions

Neil DeGrasse Tyson

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #13806
#28. God has given us more than fourteen billion cells and connections in our brain. Why would God give us such a complex organ system unless he expects us to use it?

Ben Carson

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #1283
#29. It would take little more than $50 billion to raise every poor person above the official poverty line, yet the percentage of the population classified as poor hardly budges, while annual welfare spending amounts to four times that much. Where's the money going?

Robert Higgs

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #17548
#30. Some estimate Hulu IPO could bring in $2 billion. What will the content providers get? Zero. What is Hulu without content? An empty jukebox.

Steven Levitan

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #18590
#31. Historians will not fail to note that a people who could spend $300 billion on defense refused to spend a tiny fraction of that total to keep their libraries open in the evening.

Daniel J. Boorstin

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #20304
#32. The eternal duel between Ormuzd and Ahriman, God and Satan, is raging in my breast, which is one among their billion battlefields.

Mahatma Gandhi

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #21284
#33. It was humanly impossible to extend to seven billion people the full sympathy that each of them deserved.

Neal Stephenson

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #22877
#34. Dear billion dollar eyes they are a paupers dream

Amit Abraham

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #23080
#35. You're my Star, a stargazer too,
and I wish that I were Heaven,
with a billion eyes to look at you!

Plato

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #25095
#36. There's nothing fated in our stars. No meant-to-be in any of it. We are accidental people occupying an accidental planet in an accidental universe. And that's okay. These seven billion billion atoms are good with that.

Rick Yancey

1 In 7 Billion Quotes #26084

Famous Authors

Popular Topics

Scroll to Top